Mace Windu & Depa Billaba vs. Count Dooku & Asajj Ventress

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
Everyone is in their prime. Legends feats for Depa only.

Battle takes place in the Amazon rainforest.

Emperordmb
Team one in a difficult fight.

Trocity
Basically Depa vs Ventress

Lord Stark
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Legends feats for Depa only.

Seems pretty unbalanced. Solid victory for Team 2. Taking into account ONLY canon Mace>Dooku. And Legends Depa stomps canon Ventress.

|King Joker|
No, I meant Depa only has her Legends feats. The rest have both Legends and canon feats.

Lord Stark
No, I meant Depa only has her Legends feats. The rest have both Legends and canon feats.

Ahh okay, much better then. Need to reevaluate then.

EmperorSidious2
Dooku and Mace are going to fight forever, so really it all depends on who wins between Deepa and Ventress and I see that winner being Deepa, so team 1 in a very difficult fight.

Col. Valerian
Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
Dooku and Mace are going to fight forever, so really it all depends on who wins between Deepa and Ventress and I see that winner being Depa, so team 1 in a very difficult fight.

thumb up

carthage
Depends on how Depa does against Grievous (in this upcoming Wednesday's issue), and even then Ventress has better skill feats/force feats than Depa

Lord Stark
Ventress has the edge in Force, but Depa has the advantage in sabers. Now Dooku's Makashi is aside from Yoda's Ataru the only form that has defeated Windu's Vaapad. Based off that, its possible that Ventress could grab a victory with Depa.

But then again Vaapad could tip the scales in Depa and Windu's favor...or end up seducing Depa to the Dark Side. Hmmm. Tough fight.

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Ventress has the edge in Force, but Depa has the advantage in sabers. Now Dooku's Makashi is aside from Yoda's Ataru the only form that has defeated Windu's Vaapad. Based off that, its possible that Ventress could grab a victory with Depa.

But then again Vaapad could tip the scales in Depa and Windu's favor...or end up seducing Depa to the Dark Side. Hmmm. Tough fight.

I don't think it would be the form itself that defeated Vaapad, I would think its the person and their own skill.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by carthage
Depends on how Depa does against Grievous (in this upcoming Wednesday's issue), and even then Ventress has better skill feats/force feats than Depa Well that would be a canon feat for Depa regardless, so it isn't relevant in this thread where only her Legends feats are allowed.

redpill
Depends on how Depa does against Grievous (in this upcoming Wednesday's issue), and even then Ventress has better skill feats/force feats than Depa ?? what issue is this?

Lord Stark
Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
I don't think it would be the form itself that defeated Vaapad, I would think its the person and their own skill.

No it is the form. Dooku is arguably the Makashi master of the mythos, his competitive nature led him to choose it, which is why he is one of its most powerful expressions.

I think Dooku's knowledge of the seven forms and the way to counter them with Makashi will come into play here. I guess the question is does Ventress' sloppy version of his form have what it takes to put down Depa. I think she has what it takes, but I also believe two Vaapad masters are Darksiders worst nightmares.

Col. Valerian
Vaapad gives them the edge imo.

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by Lord Stark
No it is the form. Dooku is arguably the Makashi master of the mythos, his competitive nature led him to choose it, which is why he is one of its most powerful expressions.

I think Dooku's knowledge of the seven forms and the way to counter them with Makashi will come into play here. I guess the question is does Ventress' sloppy version of his form have what it takes to put down Depa. I think she has what it takes, but I also believe two Vaapad masters are Darksiders worst nightmares.

I agree with the first part.

While I don't just cast away forms, I'm not of the opinion that they are the determining factors, becuase the strenghts and weakenss of those forms can be compensated as seen by Dooku. Its the skill of the user, not speciffacly the form itself. That's why, hike Dooku lost in their last deul, Dooku was able to take on and defeat people like Anakin, Grevious, Sora Bulq, Savge oppress, mostly strength based and speed based fighters and he was able to handle most of them with his "weak" to physical strikes form. So that's why I beleive its up to skill and not the form, in the big picture.

carthage
Well that would be a canon feat for Depa regardless, so it isn't relevant in this thread where only her Legends feats are allowed.

Ah ok Ventress wins without much difficulty then

Nai
Depends on how Depa does against Grievous (in this upcoming Wednesday's issue), and even then Ventress has better skill feats/force feats than Depa

Firstly: The starting post was quite clear regarding "Legends only" feats for Depa. Recently released SW material doesn't fit that category, if I'm not totally mistaken or does it?

Secondly: Read "Shatterpoint". Depa is heralded as the only Jedi to master Vaapad save for Mace. This alone put her right to the top of the lightsaber wielders of her time. Mace specifically says, that he might be the only Jedi capable of stopping her, should there be reason to do so and his further thoughts reveal, that her bladework might even surpass his own. While the latter is subjective speculation from Mace's point of view, which doesn't have to be true, given he is known for making extremly favorable comments regarding the lightsaber skill of his fellow Jedi (especially in Stover's work, see RotS novel), it gives us a certain idea of her skill with the weapon. Then there is this nice little scene here:

Her empty hand met it in midair; her pain-glazed eyes lost focus. He felt her in the Force: a sinking surrender like an exhausted swimmer drowning in a rising tide.
Slipping into Vaapad.

Particle beams streaked into the troop bay.
Both blades flashed.
The gunships outside bucked under the impact of their own cannonfire.
The transparisteel windscreen of a Sienar Turbostorm was thick and very durable; most kinds of shrapnel or fragments wouldn't scratch it. Even heavy-caliber bullets would leave only dents. A quad laser bolt could make a hole. One did.
The next five went through that hole.
The gunship spiralled into the jungle, its cockpit full of shredded flesh.
Depa opened her eyes.

Emphasis mine.
She puts a hole in the cockpit of a gunship with redirected laser fire, then redirects the next five shots fired precisely through that hole using two lightsabers, killing everybody in the cockpit.

You may want to think about the speed, timing, precission and skill needed to archive something like that. Then tell me again that Ventress would have a chance against Depa in lightsaber combat. Ventress will get her ass kicked. Hard.

Furthermore, one shouldn't ignore the fact that Mace and Depa are a master - apprentice team that has fought together countless of times. So I guess, they would work better as a team compared to their opponents.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.