Sidious vs Green Lantern

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kotor3
Green Lantern is sent to stop Sidious before the empire approaches earth.

Willpower vs the force.

Who wins?

Location is Death Star where Luke fought Vader.

relentless1
I could see the Emperor winning if he can break down Hals will, otherwise id think the Lantern would take this one

Placidity
Green Lantern stomps.

Emperor isn't breaking anyone's will in a short fight. That kind of thing takes time to marinate.

relentless1
he almost had luke in the span of about 5 miniutes

Placidity
Originally posted by relentless1
he almost had luke in the span of about 5 miniutes

Context required.

Like Sidious was about to kill his friends?

And when you mean "had" Luke, you mean making him angry/give way to the Dark Side, which is not an automatic win unless this match is about who gets mad first. Also, there's no pause time for chatting.

relentless1
Luke was about to give into the dark side, he tried to strike Sidious down within like 5 minutes of meeting the guy...all that from Sidious just goading him and manipulating him. He also manipulated Anakin and the entire Jedi order for years...rather easily too... no doubt Lantern wins this straight up fight but I think that the Emperor could drag the situation out and manipulate a Lantern if he had some of his henchmen around...hell most comic book villainy consists of a mastermind trying to manipulate the hero anyways...Sids would fit right in

relentless1
Also, now that I think of it could Lanterns shield block Force Lightning? Could the ring block Force TK?? Cuz if not he may have more of a challenge on his hands than i originally thought.

KingD19
It could block lightning. And while it can't block TK, Sidious can't block anything Hal makes really. But you're seriously talking about someone sapping the will of a guy belonging to a police force who are known for one thing. Having indomitable willpower.

relentless1
if Despero can do it so could Sidious...and even so, I specifically agreed and said in a straight up 1v1 the Emperors manipulation wouldn't matter much.

StealthRanger
Hal's probably way too fast for Sidious

relentless1
ok, so he can block the lightning, ill concede that one but how will Hal be able to concentrate if Sids is choking him out? As for Lantern constructs; Force users have pre cog and Force boosted speed.. I think Sidious could dodge Hals attacks long enough to choke him out...its a long shot but definitely possible.

relentless1
also can a lightsaber parry a GL construct?? both are weapons made from forms of light after all...

KingD19
What does Despero have to do with anything? Despero wasn't even in the GL movie.

You ask how can he focus while getting choked. How can Sidious survive the onslaught of massive energy constructs coming his way long enough to even attempt a Force Choke? Notice, especially in the movies, it's not really a "middle of a fight" type of move. Especially against a guy who can literally throw an exploding energy mack truck at you. Or make a minigun.

Again, how is he going to dodge constructs that dwarf him several times over?

If Hal made a sword, Sidious could probably parry it. But once more. "Gigantic Energy Constructs".

Scoobless
Yeah, I always imagined that the Jedi/Sith would have real problems against a machine gun. Blasters tend to fire once every few seconds, miniguns fire up to 6,000 rounds per minute, and not in a completely straight line.... unless Sidious can "Neo" the bullets, I doubt he could block them for an extended period.... and if Hal decideds to make 3 miniguns firing from different angles he has no choice but to try to flee.

KingD19
Also Hal can just fly around and carpet bomb him. He's not the best pilot in the world for nothing. While flying Sidious really only three means of attack are useless. No saber at that distance, lightning is already a moot point, and if he tries to use Force TK, Hal iirc resisted the pull of a mini black hole by flying against it for a bit.

Kotor3
So force choke would not work? Vader was able to use TK in combat while using his saber at the same time. Is it unlikely that Sidious can force choke while fighting?

Also can Hal concentrate enough while being choke to perform any attacks that would damage Sidious?

quanchi112
Hahahahahahahaha

relentless1
Originally posted by Scoobless
Yeah, I always imagined that the Jedi/Sith would have real problems against a machine gun. Blasters tend to fire once every few seconds, miniguns fire up to 6,000 rounds per minute, and not in a completely straight line.... unless Sidious can "Neo" the bullets, I doubt he could block them for an extended period.... and if Hal decideds to make 3 miniguns firing from different angles he has no choice but to try to flee.

in the Clone Wars micro series it was either Mace or Obi Wan who Neod machine gun type fire, stopping it all with his hand like as if he was holding a shield

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.