Captain America and Winter Soldier vs The Lizard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Solid47
Cap and Bucky from MCU.

VS

Dr. Connors from Amazing Spiderman.

Cap and Bucky gets their standard weapons and gears.

The fight takes place on the rooftop of Oscorp building.

If Lizard is too much for them, they gets help from Hawkeye and Natasha.

Who wins and why?

Henry_Pym
Lizard.

Team easily at that point.

Scoobless
Lizard seemed fairly unstoppable against Spider-Man and his friendly neighbourhood SWAT teams. I'm not sure anyone here has the ability to put him down, even for a KO.... with the possible exception of Hawkeye

FrothByte
Well WS did have some pretty strong weaponry...

TheVaultDweller
Lizard should win. Lizard was outmuscling Spiderman, and doing a good job matching him for speed, and his claws were going through metal & concrete like butter. A single hit to even Cap or Bucky, with that combination of strength/sharp claws, is going to cause them a world of trouble.

Don't see how much help Widow is going to be, but some of Hawkeye's trick arrows could cause Lizard some issues. Not only did he have extremely powerful explosive arrows, during the New York battle he also showed that he has arrows that eject some kind of acid that can rapidly eat through/break down even metal substances, as seen when he shoots the one Chitauri in the arm and it basically melts off.

Utrigita
Lizard should win fairly easily, Spiderman even with his insane level of spidersense which in the second movie was more or less shown as a timestop, was unable to avoid the Lizard. Lizard is going to rip CA and WS apart, and I have a hard time seeing what Hawkeye and BW can contribute based on the insane healing factor the Lizard had aswell.

ShadowFyre
Hawkeyes arrows are only chance this team has. He is way faster and stronger.plus Healing factor. One swipe from any appendage should break whatever bones it contacts with, even on Cap and Bucky. Basically I see one of two ways going down.

1. The team keeps range from Lizard in pairs of cap and widow and bucky with hawkeye or Bucky and Cap double teaming him in a defensive mmanner while possible.Widow does Widow stuff. Waiting for oppurtunities and weaknesses etc. Playing assist and Hawkeye hits him with a freeze arrow (does mcu have those? Dont recall honestly. Or any kind of hax arrow.

2. They stay close together, and press their attack. They get massacred. Pretty badly.

Based off trailers though and cap holding a helicopter and Bucky doing actual damage to Iron Man

TheVaultDweller
I don't recall Hawkeye ever having a freeze arrow. He had regular arrows, explosives, grappling line arrows, that weird melting one and the USB one, off the top of my head. He might also have had arrows with trackers on them, but don't see how much good those would do. Honestly, the only shot the team has is coming up with some kind of plan to utilize whatever explosives they have to take out Lizard. And if that fails, they all get torn apart.

golem370
The only thing that stopped the Lizard was the cannister.

quanchi112
Team Cap wins.

steverules_2
Got any proof there Quan?

I'm going with Lizard myself, easily stronger than Cap or WS. Show me Cap saving civilians from a truck and bus by stopping both with sheer strength. Or how about catching a squad car in mid air?? Spider-man did these things, and he struggled against the Lizard, who survived a whole swat team firing on him. He even beat spider-man, the only reason spidey survived was cuz Capt. Stacy saved him.

quanchi112
Originally posted by steverules_2
Got any proof there Quan?

I'm going with Lizard myself, easily stronger than Cap or WS. Show me Cap saving civilians from a truck and bus by stopping both with sheer strength. Or how about catching a squad car in mid air?? Spider-man did these things, and he struggled against the Lizard, who survived a whole swat team firing on him. He even beat spider-man, the only reason spidey survived was cuz Capt. Stacy saved him. First off you need to need understand a very simple concept. Quit putting words in my mouth. I never said Cap was physically stronger I said the team wins here. That means they are formidable enough with a weapon that can stop Thor's weapon which is far greater than Lizard. Do you disagree ?

Cap is extremely skilled and has an extremely skilled and powerful partner. They have the strength and the skill to get the job done here.

steverules_2
Did I say you said they were stronger?? I missed that part

They're skilled sure but not skilled enough to take down Lizard, plus it's standard weapons and gear so no Thor stopping weapons

TheVaultDweller
They're skilled sure but not skilled enough to take down Lizard, plus it's standard weapons and gear so no Thor stopping weapons

Actually, he is probably referring to Cap's shield blocking a strike from Mjolnir. But we already know Cap has a very durable shield. So I fail to see much of a point, considering I don't think that anyone here would ever suggest that Lizard could damage Cap's shield. But Lizard has a huge size and reach advantage, ridiculous regen, is arguably faster, and has insanely sharp claws, so Lizard still has more than enough in his arsenal to put a serious hurting on Cap himself.

ShadowFyre
I see what Quans getting at and its possible. If the three distracted connors enough, Cap is strong and fast enough to decap him with that shield. But with lizards size, strength and reach advantage he could snatch that shield from cap like a baby.

quanchi112
Did I say you said they were stronger?? I missed that part

They're skilled sure but not skilled enough to take down Lizard, plus it's standard weapons and gear so no Thor stopping weapons Cap has his shield.

laughing out loud

Team wins. Lizard is out matched here.

Robtard
TIL: Since Cap's shield can block Mjolnir, Cap can beat anyone less powerful than Mjolnir

(This derp-style of debating ruins threads as well)

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
TIL: Since Cap's shield can block Mjolnir, Cap can beat anyone less powerful than Mjolnir

(This derp-style of debating ruins threads as well) I didn't say that I said it can definitely deal with lizard like strength if it can deal with greater forces. Cap is highly skilled. If you feel Lizard wins because he's too strong and Cap can't use his shield to deal with it then say it, cuck.

FrothByte
If the team works in sync and doesn't make any mistakes, they might have a chance. Cap should be strong enough to decap Lizard and WS/Hawkeye weapons are strong enough to hurt Lizard.

That said, it can easily go very bad for them. I'd say Lizard wins 7/10.

Robtard
Pretty much, they'd have to incapacitate the Lizard early in or team members start getting shredded and then their chances drop with each loss

quanchi112
Rob wouldn't even respond to my post. Haha he's on the run.

golem370
Lizard is nearly as quick as Spider-Man who should be quite a bit faster then Cap add that to his power and reach with his tail I mean come on.

quanchi112
Originally posted by golem370
Lizard is nearly as quick as Spider-Man who should be quite a bit faster then Cap add that to his power and reach with his tail I mean come on. It is two on one here. We have seen Cap go rounds with Ultron here. This isn't that hard to figure out based off their skills showings here along with Winter Soldiers metallic arm.

golem370
Even against two he has superior strength speed agility durability reach and healing reach. Spider-Man couldn't hurt Lizard neither are these two.

quanchi112
Even against two he has superior strength speed agility durability reach and healing reach. Spider-Man couldn't hurt Lizard neither are these two. Spiderman isn't Cap and the Winter Soldier nor is he a tactical fighter.

golem370
He is faster stronger smarter more agile and better reflexes.

quanchi112
He is faster stronger smarter more agile and better reflexes. He isn't smarter where it counts. Tactical team wins.

golem370
Tactics aren't going jacked if you are moving to much to come up with them. Hell he grab the world WS arm and Cap at the same time and it would be over.

quanchi112
Tactics aren't going jacked if you are moving to much to come up with them. Hell he grab the world WS arm and Cap at the same time and it would be over. Says you. You do realize Cap has faced someone far faster in Quicksilver than Lizard. You making baseless claims is your m.o.

golem370
He has never beat let alone fought anything like Lizard the only that stopped Lizard was the canister that is fact...... Cap no canister then he can't win simple as that.

playa1258
Lizard.

quanchi112
He has never beat let alone fought anything like Lizard the only that stopped Lizard was the canister that is fact...... Cap no canister then he can't win simple as that. You making baseless assumptions isn't debating. How long have you been here ? Actually debate for a change but saying there lizard wins no matter what is Robtard level for debating.

golem370
He was not stopped until the antidote was made, you can't prove me wrong and if you think you can do it.

quanchi112
He was not stopped until the antidote was made, you can't prove me wrong and if you think you can do it. That is neither here nor there with regards to Cap or Bucky. I also don't have to disprove your claims you need to prove them. That's how debating, theories, scientific facts work. smile

golem370
I claimed that the only thing that stopped Lizard was the antidote
that is fact proof on movie panel. Have you seen ASM?

quanchi112
I claimed that the only thing that stopped Lizard was the antidote
that is fact proof on movie panel. Have you seen ASM? That has nothing to do with this thread. Can you make a relevant point or are you going to do your rage pm thing again ?

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by quanchi112
That has nothing to do with this thread. Can you make a relevant point or are you going to do your rage pm thing again ?

Lol. I'm with the majority that Connors should win with his advantages. But, they dont have to have that canister Golem to take a win. They have a weapon that can cut and dismember him.

Thus is basically 4 ppl in a cage with a tiger, and a spear. They can win but theyre gonna have to stick to the plan and execute it flawlessly or they get mauled. And this would be the team to execute that.

golem370
He grows limbs he with stood nitrogen fire bullets hits from Spider-Man with no problems. Four people In a cage with a tiger that has accelerated heal still going to win. Has Cap ever dismembered anybody sounds a little out of character. Quan the team dies deal with it bro.

quanchi112
He grows limbs he with stood nitrogen fire bullets hits from Spider-Man with no problems. Four people In a cage with a tiger that has accelerated heal still going to win. Has Cap ever dismembered anybody sounds a little out of character. Quan the team dies deal with it bro. Cap has faced far greater threats than this joker. I get it you're enamored with the lizard but the team clearly wins. Skilled, tactical soldiers get the double ya.

golem370
You are blind bro I am done trying to debate a biased fanboy

quanchi112
You are blind bro I am done trying to debate a biased fanboy Irony. Be a man and debate based off a coherent argument. Half of your sentences don't really make any sense. Man up.

golem370
You are the only one fight for the group liked I said biased fanboy

quanchi112
You are the only one fight for the group liked I said biased fanboy Incorrect. But you're the same guy who said you're done but continue to post showing you don't know what words mean. Man up.

Robtard
You are blind bro I am done trying to debate a biased fanboy

The best part is that you're actually giving reasons why you think the Lizard wins and backing them up with film feats, almost defeated Spider-Man, superior speed, superior strength, steel ripping claws, teeth, reach with the tail and a healing factor that's even quicker than Wolverine's.

His argument "tactical team wins".

Arachnid1
The Lizard stomps with minimal effort. Doc Connors nearly killed Spidey in every encounter they had, with Parker barely escaping with his life or being saved.

quanchi112
The best part is that you're actually giving reasons why you think the Lizard wins and backing them up with film feats, almost defeated Spider-Man, superior speed, superior strength, steel ripping claws, teeth, reach with the tail and a healing factor that's even quicker than Wolverine's.

His argument "tactical team wins". Cap fought against someone much faster in quicksilver. Lizard is nowhere near that quickly and losing to Spiderman isn't that impressive. Cap took on Ultron a threat to the entire avengers team. Cap has a shield to negate Lizard's strength. Bucky has his Metallica arm which will definitely inflict damage on the lizard additionally with the shield.

Arachnid1
Cap fought against someone much faster in quicksilver. Lizard is nowhere near that quickly and losing to Spiderman isn't that impressive. Cap took on Ultron a threat to the entire avengers team. Cap has a shield to negate Lizard's strength. Bucky has his Metallica arm which will definitely inflict damage on the lizard additionally with the shield. Who did cap fight thats faster than Quicksilver? He couldn't even react to quicksilver himself when Pietro ran straight at him and clocked him in the face at super speed, and he was looking right at him.

Cap didn't beat, or even damage ultron. He just survived and dodged.

The Lizard will just take the shield away. Shouldn't be hard since he's significantly faster and stronger.

Bucky's arm is nowhere near Spideys strength, and Spidey couldn't even damage the Doc.

Doc Connors would blitz and kill the team in seconds.

Robtard
TIL: Getting knocked down repeatedly by a faster opponent is the same as actively "fighting" them

quanchi112
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Who did cap fight thats faster than Quicksilver? He couldn't even react to quicksilver himself when Pietro ran straight at him and clocked him in the face at super speed, and he was looking right at him.

Cap didn't beat, or even damage ultron. He just survived and dodged.

The Lizard will just take the shield away. Shouldn't be hard since he's significantly faster and stronger.

Bucky's arm is nowhere near Spideys strength, and Spidey couldn't even damage the Doc.

Doc Connors would blitz and kill the team in seconds. Are you an idiot ? I said he fought someone much faster than the lizard in Quicksilver.

So there's proof he can take on much more powerful opponents and survive due to his skill. Ultron is more durable than Lizard.

Then prove it. So you believe his arm can't hurt him at all ?

Based on what ? If quicksilver didn't ko Cap in seconds how can Lizard ko or kill this team in moments.

quanchi112
TIL: Getting knocked down repeatedly by a faster opponent is the same as actively "fighting" them Was he defeated by the much faster opponent in moments ? Try and grasp the point and then wrap your mind around the claim that Lizard beats then team in moments when someone far faster couldn't do the same to Cap alone.

smile

Robtard
*Strawman argument above*

+

TIL: Trying to subdue someone is the same as trying to kill them

quanchi112
*Strawman argument above*

+

TIL: Trying to subdue someone is the same as trying to kill them So someone faster not being able to beat half the team isn't good enough. You're such a troll. Lizard loses. I back my side with evidence. You don't.

Robtard
*Red herring above*

+

TIL: The Avengers actually won in Africa and didn't take their encounter with Ultron and the twins as a loss

quanchi112
*Red herring above*

+

TIL: The Avengers actually won in Africa and didn't take their encounter with Ultron and the twins as a loss That is showing a much faster character can't do it in the time claimed by a poster here by Lizard against a team. That's called a rebuttal.

Robtard
*Another Red Herring above*

+

TIL: There's a time-limit in which the lizard has to beat the team in order to win the match

quanchi112
*Another Red Herring above*

+

TIL: There's a time-limit in which the lizard has to beat the team in order to win the match I did not say there was but I did give evidence to disprove the other posters claim. Try to follow along.

Adam Grimes
The Doc eats them.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
The Doc eats them. Based on ?

Adam Grimes
Based on ? Movies.

quanchi112
Movies. Such as ?

Arachnid1
Are you an idiot ? I said he fought someone much faster than the lizard in Quicksilver.

So there's proof he can take on much more powerful opponents and survive due to his skill. Ultron is more durable than Lizard.

Then prove it. So you believe his arm can't hurt him at all ?

Based on what ? If quicksilver didn't ko Cap in seconds how can Lizard ko or kill this team in moments. If you want people to understand your posts, work on your wording. You're acting like a douche by calling me an idiot, and I could easily point out all the grammar mistakes throughout that post, but thats not how I debate.

Yes, Ultron is more durable than the Lizard. That doesn't mean much though since Cap never hurt him. How is that an argument that Cap can hurt the Lizard?

The burden of proof is on you right now. Obviously, everyone else agrees with me. You have to prove Cap or Bucky are strong enough to overpower or hurt the Lizard, or even fast enough to keep up with him when someone like Spidey, who would also stomp the hell out of them, couldn't do it.

Btw, Lizard>>>>Quicksilver in every stat outside of speed. One good swipe of his claws would kill Cap or WS, and he's more than fast enough to connect.

quanchi112
If you want people to understand your posts, work on your wording. You're acting like a douche by calling me an idiot, and I could easily point out all the grammar mistakes throughout that post, but thats not how I debate.

Yes, Ultron is more durable than the Lizard. That doesn't mean much though since Cap never hurt him. How is that an argument that Cap can hurt the Lizard?

The burden of proof is on you right now. You have to prove Cap or Bucky are strong enough to overpower or hurt the Lizard, or even fast enough to keep up with him when someone like Spidey, who would also stomp the hell out of them, couldn't do it.

Btw, Lizard>>>>Quicksilver in every stat outside of speed. One good swipe of his claws would kill Cap or WS, and he's more than fast enough to connect. It was rather obvious what point I was making. Cap obviously effected a more durable opponent just not enough to significantly harm him. Lizard is fleshy and less durable so why can't he hurt him ?

They don't have to overpower him. They use their skill and weaponry to defeat Lizard. Spiderman doesn't have a shield or a metal arm.

Based on him killing who ?

Adam Grimes
Such as ? AS 1, The first avenger, WS and The Avengers movies. thumb up

quanchi112
AS 1, The first avenger, WS and The Avengers movies. thumb up So then you agree team wins if you watched all those films.

Robtard
TIL: Being able to harm an opponent means a win on that merit alone, never mind that said opponent has an extremely fast/powerful healing factor

Adam Grimes
So then you agree team wins if you watched all those films. No, because I understood them.

quanchi112
TIL: Being able to harm an opponent means a win on that merit alone, never mind that they have an extremely good healing factor I believe they have the strength to life from Lizard using teamwork. You disagree. I'm fine with you hating on Cap.

Arachnid1
It was rather obvious what point I was making. Cap obviously effected a more durable opponent just not enough to significantly harm him. Lizard is fleshy and less durable so why can't he hurt him ?

They don't have to overpower him. They use their skill and weaponry to defeat Lizard. Spiderman doesn't have a shield or a metal arm.

Based on him killing who ? All their skill and weapons means nothing when the stat jump is so huge. Spidey was dodging and tanking lightning blasts from Electro, bombs from the Goblin, and dodging between the bullets of a minigun. Despite this, he couldn't successfully evade the Lizard, and barely escaped with his life due to some plot development. This makes me assume that Doc Connors was the biggest threat he faced as far as villains go, since not one of them were able to stomp Spidey they way the Lizard did.

The shield is useless once the Lizard takes it away or catches it, which he would be able to do without much effort. And if Spidey's hits weren't hurting the Lizard, I doubt WS metal arm could. Bucky's arm barely drew blood from Cap after getting multiple free hits on his face, nevermind people like Spidey or the Lizard. Its not that impressive. I bet the Lizard could tear or cut the arm right out of the socket if he wanted to.

Based on him cutting through metal and concrete with ease. If you think he can't, that would suggest you believe both Cap and Bucky are as durable as metal or concrete. Is that what you are arguing?

Robtard
TIL: Spider-Man just didn't have enough strength, but Cap and WS do

quanchi112
All their skill and weapons means nothing when the stat jump is so huge. Spidey was dodging and tanking lightning blasts from Electro, bombs from the Goblin, and dodging between the bullets of a minigun. Despite this, he couldn't successfully evade the Lizard, and barely escaped with his life due to some plot development. This makes me assume that Doc Connors was the biggest threat he faced as far as villains go, since not one of them were able to stomp Spidey they way the Lizard did.

The shield is useless once the Lizard takes it away or catches it, which he would be able to do without much effort. And if Spidey's hits weren't hurting the Lizard, I doubt WS metal arm could. Bucky's arm barely drew blood from Cap after getting multiple free hits on his face, nevermind people like Spidey or the Lizard. Its not that impressive. I bet the Lizard could tear or cut the arm right out of the socket if he wanted to.

Based on him cutting through metal and concrete with ease. If you think he can't, that would suggest you believe both Cap and Bucky are as durable as metal or concrete. Is that what you are arguing? I do not think its huge considering Cap took on Ultron, Loki, and easily blocked a Thor mjolnir strike. Lizard doesn't have to worry about just Cap though. Cap also could survive a giant free fall and is very durable as well.

I don't believe Lizard connects with his full strength on either.

quanchi112
TIL: Spider-Man just didn't have enough strength, but Cap and WS do I believe it comes down to how these two take into Lizard and the shield. Decap.

ShadowFyre
Once again, I was one of the first to give Lizard the win and still do but Im starting to wonder if yall are just arguing with quanmcause yall are bored or what but he is right, this team can take some wins. They have the tools, speed, strength, and skills necessary to kill him at least one time. Everyone acts like its a stomp, if they were in close quarters yeah but with all of hawkeyes gear they can slow him down enough to get a good shot in.

golem370
You think they are the bored when Quan keep trying to keep a thread when everybody but knows who wins.

quanchi112
You think they are the bored when Quan keep trying to keep a thread when everybody but knows who wins. Read the post up from yours, mamas boy.

Mindset
Read the post up from yours, mamas boy. Leave my boy alone!

golem370
Quan is beating a losing horse and doesn't know it.

quanchi112
Quan is beating a losing horse and doesn't know it. Have a shred of pride and actually debate.

golem370
The debate is over noob all of your bs and it is a 85% win for Lizard you lose because you are a loser like Cap is a loser in this thread.

quanchi112
The debate is over noob all of your bs and it is a 85% win for Lizard you lose because you are a loser like Cap is a loser in this thread. You sound like you're five with downs when you get angry. Please get angrier. Team wins.

golem370
Have a shred of pride and actually debate.

Have any pride and accept the consensus

quanchi112
Have any pride and accept the consensus i march to the beat of my own drum, follower.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.