DragonBall Humans?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NotAllThatEvil
So this is something that has bugged me for awhile. How strong are the humans? Especially in relation to eachother. I hear that in an interview, krillin was stated to be the strongest. So krillin then it usually goes Tien, Yamcha, Yajirobe, Chiaotzu, roshi, chichi, videl, and Hercule satan finishing it off. But now Roshi goes into fights instead of the three guys ahead of him and now I'm all lost.

The way it seemed presented in the show was having Tien way out in front with Yamcha and Krillin pretty much tied for second. Anyone want to help me out?

Q99
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
So this is something that has bugged me for awhile. How strong are the humans? Especially in relation to eachother. I hear that in an interview, krillin was stated to be the strongest. So krillin then it usually goes Tien, Yamcha, Yajirobe, Chiaotzu, roshi, chichi, videl, and Hercule satan finishing it off. But now Roshi goes into fights instead of the three guys ahead of him and now I'm all lost.

The way it seemed presented in the show was having Tien way out in front with Yamcha and Krillin pretty much tied for second. Anyone want to help me out?

Ok, on Roshi, that's a sudden power boost. DBZ is, frankly, inconsistent. Which is the cause of some confusion I'm sure.

It also varies a bit story arc to story arc.

Yamcha is definitely always behind Krillin and Tien, who are in contest for the top. Always. In the Saiyan Saga, Krillin was right behind Tien, and Yamcha was about 350 power between the two of them. Which is why Yamcha beat 1 saibaman, and Krillin finished 4.

Krillin went through the Namek stuff and had his power unlocked by Guru as well, which probably causes him to pass Tien, but I'd say at that point it's Krillin, Tien, sizable gap, Yamcha.

Chaoitzu's listed power is consistently below Yamcha, but frankly he performs not much worse in fights.

Yajirobe never gets any stronger, so probably, even though he's reasonably strong in the saiyan saga, everyone above passes him by the next arc.

Chichi and Videl both kinda fall into 'superhuman by normal standards, but don't really get into the chi stuff so much, so remain relatively low-end. Above any normal human or even martial artist, but below everyone listed above.' With Hercule even more-so like that, pretty much the top of the 'normal' martial artists but below Videl and Chichi.

Roshi used to be consider 'eternally at the same power, lowest of the chi users, not far from Chichi,' but then, whoops, sudden huge upgrade. I don't know either.

Also on Krillin and Tien, they both notably have abilities that let them punch above their weight class. Solar flare, Kienzan, and Tri-Beam (which lets Tien trade life for power). So they're effectively stronger than even their power levels indicate, IMO, and strong in slightly different ways. Krillin is one of the smartest fighters around too.

Estacado
Tien holding back imperfect Cell>>>>>>>>anything Krillin ever done.

NotAllThatEvil
Ok. So krillin got his potential unlocked and tien and yamcha went through King kai training. After that they had their android training. Followin the cell games both yamcha and krillin stopped training for a bit, but tien kept on trucking. If I remember correctly, yamcha had a higher level in the saiyan saga than krillin. If they both trained for relatively the same amount of time, how did yamcha end up at the bottom of the barrel and krillin the top of the heap? Was that potential thing really thst big of a boost?

AuraAngel
Yamcha died to a single Saibamen. Krillin killed more than all of them. Yamcha was rarely if ever his equal whereas Toriyama has called Krillin the strongest human several times.

NotAllThatEvil
Yamcha beat the saibaman then got distracted. But thats besides the point. Tien has a way better track record than anyone else.

StiltmanFTW
Krillin's supposed to be the most powerful human, yes, but he does very little to prove it.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Q99
Ok, on Roshi, that's a sudden power boost. DBZ is, frankly, inconsistent. Which is the cause of some confusion I'm sure.

It also varies a bit story arc to story arc.

Yamcha is definitely always behind Krillin and Tien, who are in contest for the top. Always. In the Saiyan Saga, Krillin was right behind Tien, and Yamcha was about 350 power between the two of them. Which is why Yamcha beat 1 saibaman, and Krillin finished 4.

Krillin went through the Namek stuff and had his power unlocked by Guru as well, which probably causes him to pass Tien, but I'd say at that point it's Krillin, Tien, sizable gap, Yamcha.

Chaoitzu's listed power is consistently below Yamcha, but frankly he performs not much worse in fights.

Yajirobe never gets any stronger, so probably, even though he's reasonably strong in the saiyan saga, everyone above passes him by the next arc.

Chichi and Videl both kinda fall into 'superhuman by normal standards, but don't really get into the chi stuff so much, so remain relatively low-end. Above any normal human or even martial artist, but below everyone listed above.' With Hercule even more-so like that, pretty much the top of the 'normal' martial artists but below Videl and Chichi.

Roshi used to be consider 'eternally at the same power, lowest of the chi users, not far from Chichi,' but then, whoops, sudden huge upgrade. I don't know either.

Also on Krillin and Tien, they both notably have abilities that let them punch above their weight class. Solar flare, Kienzan, and Tri-Beam (which lets Tien trade life for power). So they're effectively stronger than even their power levels indicate, IMO, and strong in slightly different ways. Krillin is one of the smartest fighters around too. Lol at Yamcha "beating" one Saibamen.

Jmanghan
Uub is the strongest human, btw. Dunno how people keep forgetting about him.

...Unless they Retconned him.

Wouldn't know, I probably won't watch DBS unless it comes to the US.

StiltmanFTW
Uub is hax; reincarnation of Buu.

And he appears only at the end of Z... and in GT.

NotAllThatEvil
So how big is the gap between all of them? Is krillin that far ahead he could easily oneshot everyone or is it close enough that a fight could swing either way?

StiltmanFTW
The latter, I'd say...

Kento
I would actually say Tien is so far above Yamcha or Krillen that it be a stomp. Krillen has all but stopped training by the Buu Saga and then only gets back into shape for the tournament. Yamcha stopped training after androids and never started again. Tien trains constantly. I would not be surprised if Chiaotzu has actually became a match for Krillen as he does train also a lot. Tien just won't let him fight

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Kento
I would actually say Tien is so far above Yamcha or Krillen that it be a stomp. Krillen has all but stopped training by the Buu Saga and then only gets back into shape for the tournament. Yamcha stopped training after androids and never started again. Tien trains constantly. I would not be surprised if Chiaotzu has actually became a match for Krillen as he does train also a lot. Tien just won't let him fight Except that its practically canon that Krillin is ahead of them both, Yamcha has always been behind Tien and Krillin since the Saiyan Saga.

You forgot that Krillin is always right there in the most dangerous situations, even if Tien has been training.

Estacado
Krillin was losing to phuckin Guldo while Tien whooped on Burter and Jeice at the same time.

ares834
Guldo has hax powers so not really sure why that matters...

Also isn't Tien and Co battling the force anime only (AKA non-canon)?

Kento
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Except that its practically canon that Krillin is ahead of them both, Yamcha has always been behind Tien and Krillin since the Saiyan Saga.

You forgot that Krillin is always right there in the most dangerous situations, even if Tien has been training. there has been no evidence of Krillen above Tien. The only time it was said was by Yamcha to Marron during the tournament. When nobody has seen Tien for 7 years and he's also telling Krillens daughter it cause she was worried about him fighting. Not a reliable comment.

Tien is pretty much in the same situations except namek. But during namek Tien trained on King Kai's planet. Which would pretty much make up for Krillens random power up without having time to train and get stronger from saiyan saga to freeza saga. And Tien stayed on the planet the longest, training when Krillen would have relaxed some before Trunks came and they all started training again even Yamcha

One Big Mob
Didn't Tien just overshadow Krillin in both ROF and the anime? Especially the anime.

juggerman
I think this really comes down to Akira's word. Since he is the creator and said Krillin is the strongest, we can assume he is.

Then again Akira might have forgotten Tien even existed when he made that statement seeing as he is a really forgetful guy.

I guess it depends on if you take his words as fact or if you'd rather rely on feats

AuraAngel
It should also be noted that while Tien trains more than Krillin on average that does not mean that his training is better. After all if all it took was a buttload of training, Vegeta should not have been weaker than Trunks and Gohan. Likewise, Goten and Trunks put adults to shame and they certainly don't train as much. How they train and the quality of talent they have is also very important. Krillin trains with Roshi who is far more useful a training partner than Chiaotzu because of his experience. Before Buu he was sparring with an Android. One could also argue that releasing hidden potential makes drawing out more power much easier. After the power up Gohan was growing at a frankly stupid rate in power.

There is one other thing to consider. Tien tends to overexert himself too much in his fights. In Dragon Ball it is very important that you pace yourself more than anything else. Goku and Vegeta went into the Time Chamber at the same power(more of less) but Goku made way more out of his time by throwing in a lot more rest and trying to help Gohan. Another example: look at how they approach gravity training. Goku paced himself. Slowly working up to 100, always being sure to take senzu when his body was injured, and resting. Whereas Vegeta ran straight into 300x normal gravity. Yeah it's a hell of a workout but it is so very taxing on the body whereas Roshi taught his students the importance of rest.

Kento
Chiaotzu should actually make a perfect training partner. He is also a master of the Crane school. Tien was also trained by three of Gokus masters. RRoshi, Kami, and King Kai at a point. He also isn't Vegeta, the only one who trains that insane is Vegeta. Then there is the question of is Tien human or not. And in fights they are around each other Tien always does better. Even more when you look at noncanon stuff but the movies and ginyu fights can't be used.

Tien Also hits more often with his strongest attack and it would kill Krillen. Krillen always seems to miss or try not to hit with his destruct disk which should kill Anyone without regen.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by juggerman
I think this really comes down to Akira's word. Since he is the creator and said Krillin is the strongest, we can assume he is.

Then again Akira might have forgotten Tien even existed when he made that statement seeing as he is a really forgetful guy.

I guess it depends on if you take his words as fact or if you'd rather rely on feats Akira's word is that Krillin is stronger.

/thread.

One Big Mob
Akira's word is that Krillin is stronger.

/thread. Akira's last word is that Master Roshi is equal to Krillin ie Krillin can't be the strongest if he has an equal.

By feats Tien is stronger. By comparisons Tien is stronger. And if we accepted Akira's word in a scenario where he likely wasn't thinking of everyone, then that would mean Krillin is stronger than Hercule too. Which it's pretty obvious he isn't

NewGuy01
Pretty sure he also said the anime is pretty much the same as the manga from his perspective. So I say SSJ3 Goku is >>> Super Boo and you must respect my authoritah!

Jmanghan
Akira Toriyama needs to make up his aging, forgetful mind already.

Kento
If its not Goku or Vegeta he doesn't care.

AuraAngel
Originally posted by Kento
Chiaotzu should actually make a perfect training partner. He is also a master of the Crane school. Tien was also trained by three of Gokus masters. RRoshi, Kami, and King Kai at a point. He also isn't Vegeta, the only one who trains that insane is Vegeta. Then there is the question of is Tien human or not. And in fights they are around each other Tien always does better. Even more when you look at noncanon stuff but the movies and ginyu fights can't be used.

Tien Also hits more often with his strongest attack and it would kill Krillen. Krillen always seems to miss or try not to hit with his destruct disk which should kill Anyone without regen.

But Tien does push himself too hard. Both him and Chiaotzu died to Nappa because they threw their entire lifeforce behind their attacks. Tien's signature move utterly wrecks his lifespan every time he uses it. This makes sense though. Shin was a jerk teacher who didn't really care about the well being of his students so he would teach them moves that actively hurt them in the long run.

Yamcha
Uh. Hey there, Yamcha here...it's an uphill battle but I'm willing to come back with a case for FILLER Yamcha being stronger than Chiaotzu...

Just let me have this. I'll be back after I've consumed not enough alcoholic beverages for the situation at hand.

http://i65.tinypic.com/2qxumh3.jpg

Kento
Tien pushes himself hard in fights. Cell he knew he was unable to do anything too. He did what he had to or Cell would have become perfect sooner. Against Nappa it was all rage. But the times his training has been shown isn't ever been anything more than Goku. He also trains with Chiaotzu who he constantly mothers so he isn't gonna be vegeta training. Nor does he have the means to nearly kill himself training as vegeta does. Most can be said is they are always shown in snowy areas.

One Big Mob
He effected Buutenks

Kento
He deflected a blast that Gohan apparently couldn't. But he didn't do anything to Buutenks except live after being kicked. Which should say a lot not being killed just koed. Lol

One Big Mob
That's it. Knew it had something to do with Buutenks that was good. Better than anything Krillin ever dreamed of

NewGuy01
Krillin survived a punch from SBG Goku, which is arguably just as impressive.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by One Big Mob
That's it. Knew it had something to do with Buutenks that was good. Better than anything Krillin ever dreamed of Krillin had several chances to kill Frieza, and was able to contend with First Form Cell for a time though.

Astner
Akira's word is that Krillin is stronger.
Most plausible explanation:

http://i.imgur.com/g9bz6TC.jpg

One Big Mob
Krillin had several chances to kill Frieza, and was able to contend with First Form Cell for a time though. And Tien held back Imperfect Cell. Though don't remember Krillin doing anything to Cell.

Or ever having a chance to kill Frieza.

Astner

CosmicComet
Krillin fighting 1st form Cell near an airport (or some shit), was filler.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.