CAN IMAGE CLEAR THE JLA COMICBOOK DCNU HISTORY ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
Can Image keep Dcnu safe?

- IMAGE -

1.( Superpatroit ) replaces Batman

Abilities, superhuman strength, agility, stamina and endurance
Regenerative powers
Telescopic/Microscopic/Night vision
Decreased aging
Flight via aid of unpleasant drug
Cyborg limbs can stretch, and grow many types of guns and weaponry

2.( Supreme ) replaces Superman

Abilities, superhuman strength, speed, stamina, durability, breath, and vision
Molecular adaptation to any threat
Flight

3.( Spawn ) replaces G.L Hal

Abilities, superhuman strength, speed, agility, and endurance
Gliding
Immortality
(to an extent, powers drain when used and full drainage of powers equals death)
Healing factor
Highly skilled tactician, martial artist, swordsman, marksman, athlete, and acrobat
Teleportation
Shapeshifting
Necroplasmic energy blasts
Resurrection
Empathy
Multiple demonic & elemental powers
Invisible: Abilities Superhuman strength, speed, durability, and endurance
Flight
Extended lifespan
Enhanced healing factor

4.( Savage Dragon ) replaces Aquaman

Abilities, superhuman strength, stamina, and durability
Accelerated healing factor

5.( Glory ) replaces Wonder Woman

Abilities, Super strength
flight capability
teleportation through reflective surfaces.

6.( Velocity ) replaces Flash

Abilities, speed, Movement, Healing Factor

7.( Invincible ) replaces M.Manhunter

Abilities, superhuman strength, speed, durability, and endurance
Flight
Extended lifespan
Enhanced healing factor

-The 7 Image characters replace Batman, Superman, G.L Hal, Wonder Woman, M.Manhunter, Flash and Aquaman in the the Dcnu ..

-So can the 7 from Image clear the JLA history from the start of Dcnu to current Dcnu?

-Depending on Dcnu storylines Image gets help from Dc character's involved in those storylines that they have not replaces..

- Spawn is the version closest to high herald level he has been in his histiry but not any version above it.

Do they clear?

One Big Mob
Sure

deathslash
Not sure if they clear, but spawn presents them with some serious magic know how. I honestly haven't read anything with super patriot, but he's gonna need to be as smart as batman or they're gonna need to overcome it with sheer power. I know one thing for sure though, their characters are far more willing to kill and dismember, so that's gonna help.

Decter
I can't see invincible replacing manhunter at all.

One Big Mob
Originally posted by Decter
I can't see invincible replacing manhunter at all. Because he doesn't almost get killed by Midnighter?

deathslash
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Because he doesn't almost get killed by Midnighter? precisely. He doesn't fail even 1/10th as much as manhunter fails. He's also far more ruthless than man hunter and his feats suggest that he's roughly as strong as superman these days. They effectively have a far better replacement for manhunter.

abhilegend
Originally posted by deathslash
precisely. He doesn't fail even 1/10th as much as manhunter fails. He's also far more ruthless than man hunter and his feats suggest that he's roughly as strong as superman these days. They effectively have a far better replacement for manhunter.
Roughly as strong as Superman?

erm

quanchi112
Originally posted by abhilegend

erm Why does that bother you so much ?

deathslash

erm yes, he is. When he first started out, the closest people that you could compare him to would probably be superboy or nova. Over time, he got a lot stronger, faster, and more durable. His second fight with conquest is when it's made clear that he's roughly on the level of his father omni-man when conquest outright says that mark is stronger than his dad. Later on, he does more damage to thragg (a legit high trans teir)than his father and his battles with Allen the alien (who was being helped by young omni-man) and dinosaurous (who's roughly on Allen's level) gives further proof that mark is operating on a higher level than his father. Notice, I made no statement saying that he'd beat superman in a fight, but he most certainly is around his level and quite frankly, I don't know how you can judge if don't know about the character.

abhilegend
yes, he is. When he first started out, the closest people that you could compare him to would probably be superboy or nova. Over time, he got a lot stronger, faster, and more durable. His second fight with conquest is when it's made clear that he's roughly on the level of his father omni-man when conquest outright says that mark is stronger than his dad. Later on, he does more damage to thragg (a legit high trans teir)than his father and his battles with Allen the alien (who was being helped by young omni-man) and dinosaurous (who's roughly on Allen's level) gives further proof that mark is operating on a higher level than his father. Notice, I made no statement saying that he'd beat superman in a fight, but he most certainly is around his level and quite frankly, I don't know how you can judge if don't know about the character.
Because you are basing it on nothing but ABC logic.

Nobody in Invincible-verse is as strong as Superman save maybe Thragg.

deathslash
Because you are basing it on nothing but ABC logic.

Nobody in Invincible-verse is as strong as Superman save maybe Thragg. confused How is it abc logic? Conquest outright says that mark is stronger than his dad. Mark does more damage to enemies that his dad is getting beaten to a pulp by. He and his dad are both evenly matched when they decide to test who's stronger in a game of arm wrestling (mark only loses because he gets distracted). Robot has outright said that Invincible was their team's heaviest hitter (he says this in the presence of Black Sampson, bullet proof, shape smith, monster girl, yeti, etc). Also, omni-man has outright killed the entire guardians of the globe, fought multiple viltrumites at once, fought creatures that are natural preditors to his people, and beaten supreme in a Canon comic.

laughing thragg is somehow the only one that comes close to superman? The guy's easily defeated Battle Beast (a mid herald), omni-man (a high herald), Invincible (a high herald), and young omni-man (a mid herald). Why don't you stop riding superman's dick for a moment and subjectively look at the facts.

Blue Area Vet
Superpatriot replaces Batman 50 times over. You should have picked Shadowhawk, who still >>>>> Batman.

As far as the team, a duo of highest level Supreme and Spawn would do it.

abhilegend
confused How is it abc logic? Conquest outright says that mark is stronger than his dad. Mark does more damage to enemies that his dad is getting beaten to a pulp by. He and his dad are both evenly matched when they decide to test who's stronger in a game of arm wrestling (mark only loses because he gets distracted). Robot has outright said that Invincible was their team's heaviest hitter (he says this in the presence of Black Sampson, bullet proof, shape smith, monster girl, yeti, etc). Also, omni-man has outright killed the entire guardians of the globe, fought multiple viltrumites at once, fought creatures that are natural preditors to his people, and beaten supreme in a Canon comic.

laughing thragg is somehow the only one that comes close to superman? The guy's easily defeated Battle Beast (a mid herald), omni-man (a high herald), Invincible (a high herald), and young omni-man (a mid herald). Why don't you stop riding superman's dick for a moment and subjectively look at the facts.
I know about all those. The only feat worth mentioning is Supreme one and that's an outlier for him.

When Invincible starts tearing above Herald level beings like Doomsday apart with his bare hands, let us know.

deathslash
I know about all those. The only feat worth mentioning is Supreme one and that's an outlier for him.

When Invincible starts tearing above Herald level beings like Doomsday apart with his bare hands, let us know. oh please, do tell me how supreme is an outlier. Thus far, all that you've done is make unsubstantiated claims regarding these characters and outright lied about what I was saying. You've failed to prove that I was using abc logic . As a matter of fact, as soon as I addressed your baseless claim, you dropped it and ran on to your next lie. You also forgot (attempted to ignore) about addressing thragg when I told you that he's above a herald. You can pretend that we don't see the sh*t that you're doing, but everyone here knows exactly how you operate. Go ahead, try to backpedal or address this post with more baseless claims, we all know how you work.

When Invincible starts getting his ass kicked by characters far beneath him, let me know.

abhilegend
oh please, do tell me how supreme is an outlier. Thus far, all that you've done is make unsubstantiated claims regarding these characters and outright lied about what I was saying. You've failed to prove that I was using abc logic . As a matter of fact, as soon as I addressed your baseless claim, you dropped it and ran on to your next lie. You also forgot (attempted to ignore) about addressing thragg when I told you that he's above a herald. You can pretend that we don't see the sh*t that you're doing, but everyone here knows exactly how you operate. Go ahead, try to backpedal or address this post with more baseless claims, we all know how you work.

Is this supposed to make sense?

Like who?

deathslash
Is this supposed to make sense?

Like who? wow. Realizing that you're wrong and then pretending that you don't understand what I'm saying so that you don't have to admit that you were wrong. Real original, we never saw that coming. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ghost soldier, zod, batman, wonder woman, aquaman, etc.

abhilegend
wow. Realizing that you're wrong and then pretending that you don't understand what I'm saying so that you don't have to admit that you were wrong. Real original, we never saw that coming.

Are you trying to just bore me with random nonsense or what?

None of those happened with one on one in a strength contest. Ghost Soldier isn't even alive in the true sense and is a wraith. Zod had the help of Faora and had tag teamed Superman with her while he wasn't trying to hurt them. Batman never fought Superman in any normal condition. Neither did Diana. Arthur merely made him fly back with a punch.

That's the best you can do? Post a bunch of out of context showings?

carver9
Superman is on a losing spree in DCNU.

quanchi112
wow. Realizing that you're wrong and then pretending that you don't understand what I'm saying so that you don't have to admit that you were wrong. Real original, we never saw that coming. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ghost soldier, zod, batman, wonder woman, aquaman, etc. laughing out loud

quanchi112
Are you trying to just bore me with random nonsense or what?

None of those happened with one on one in a strength contest. Ghost Soldier isn't even alive in the true sense and is a wraith. Zod had the help of Faora and had tag teamed Superman with her while he wasn't trying to hurt them. Batman never fought Superman in any normal condition. Neither did Diana. Arthur merely made him fly back with a punch.

That's the best you can do? Post a bunch of out of context showings? You have starting moving someone is impressive but when it happens to superman suddenly it isn't. That is called a double standard.

Galan007
Originally posted by Supermex
-So can the 7 from Image clear the JLA history from the start of Dcnu to current Dcnu? The only opponent they can't beat is Darkseid--and that's because they don't have Cyborg, with his deus ex plot-device tech, available to them(remember, Cyborg's Boom Tube is the ONLY way the JL 'beat' Darkseid.) Aside from him, they'd likely do better than the JL overall, considering that most of the Image characters don't mind going all out and killing opponents.

But yeah, that's a pretty strong Image roster. Not all of them are upgrades over their JL counterparts, but some of them are, so it probably equals out. Imo.

Surtur
I actually agree, Invincible isn't as strong as Superman. Nu Supes can bench press the weight of the planet for days, Invincible isn't that strong. Nor is Omni-man.

Hell at one point Mark needed help just to lift an ocean liner. He's gotten stronger since then, but it just goes to show he started way way way weaker then Supes, and his strength has yet to get to a point he is equal to him.

In other words if you sat down Superman and Invincible and told them to arm wrestle..Supes wins.

Also all kidding aside about J'onn jobbing, he's like the swiss army knife of the league. Invincible is not. Superman says he'd be afraid to fight J'onn. He'd just laugh if Invincible tried to fight him.

deathslash
Originally posted by Galan007
The only opponent they can't beat is Darkseid--and that's because they don't have Cyborg, with his deus ex plot-device tech, available to them(remember, Cyborg's Boom Tube is the ONLY way the JL 'beat' Darkseid.) Aside from him, they'd likely do better than the JL overall, considering that most of the Image characters don't mind going all out and killing opponents.

But yeah, that's a pretty strong Image roster. Not all of them are upgrades over their JL counterparts, but some of them are, so it probably equals out. Imo. isn't it possible for spawn to transport him to hell ftw?Originally posted by Surtur
I actually agree, Invincible isn't as strong as Superman. Nu Supes can bench press the weight of the planet for days, Invincible isn't that strong. Nor is Omni-man.

Hell at one point Mark needed help just to lift an ocean liner. He's gotten stronger since then, but it just goes to show he started way way way weaker then Supes, and his strength has yet to get to a point he is equal to him.

In other words if you sat down Superman and Invincible and told them to arm wrestle..Supes wins.

Also all kidding aside about J'onn jobbing, he's like the swiss army knife of the league. Invincible is not. Superman says he'd be afraid to fight J'onn. He'd just laugh if Invincible tried to fight him. oh, I'm very much aware that he's not as strong as superman, but it's not too much of a stretch to suggest that he's around his neighborhood. I know that you already addressed him getting stronger, but I feel that I need to make it a bit clearer regarding how much stronger he's gotten. During the ocean liner feat, anissa casually rocked him and easily held him to the ground. About half a year after that, he strangled conquest to death (fully grown male viltrumite that omni-man was concerned about fighting and even thragg brought up to tell mark how strong he was). He also seems to have a higher level of pain tolerance than superman (fighting with broken arms, having his intestines ripped out, having multiple ribs broken, being incapable of seeing, etc). Lastly, man hunter is far more versatile than him, this much is true, however, I believe that the versatility and overall power that the rest of the team provides is more than enough to make up for this.

Galan007
isn't it possible for spawn to transport him to hell ftw? With all the talk of Invincible, I totally forgot Spawn was here.

Yes, that is very possible. Moreover, they wouldn't actually need to 'push' Darkseid through a portal(like the League had to do when Cyborg manifested the Boom Tube.) Spawn could literally just snap his fingers, and *poof*, Darkseid's in Hell. thumb up

deathslash
With all the talk of Invincible, I totally forgot Spawn was here.

Yes, that is very possible. Moreover, they wouldn't actually need to 'push' Darkseid through a portal(like the League had to do when Cyborg manifested the Boom Tube.) Spawn could literally just snap his fingers, and *poof*, Darkseid's in Hell. that what I thought. Image comics rule.

Galan007
That would actually be an awesome crossover, tbh. Darkseid gets 'ported to Hell as a means of banishment, and some months/years later, Spawn travels to back Hell, only to find that Darkseid has overthrown Satan, and is now in full control of all Hell's circles... He must then join with 'team-Image' again to stop Darkseid from unleashing Hell on earth.

I'd read the shit out of that story. thumb up

SquallX
I think sending Darkseid to Hell would actually be a bad idea. The only reason Darkseid didn't come back to Earth was because Cyborg was able to shut down the Boom Tubes completely. Can Spawn close all portal from Hell for good?

What's stopping Darkseid from just conquering Hell and use the demons as his pawn and re-attack them?

Galan007
Originally posted by SquallX
Can Spawn close all portal from Hell for good? As long as we're talking about post-MoM-arc Spawn, then yes.

abhilegend
Originally posted by carver9
Superman is on a losing spree in DCNU.
laughing out loud

deathslash
That would actually be an awesome crossover, tbh. Darkseid gets 'ported to Hell as a means of banishment, and some months/years later, Spawn travels to back Hell, only to find that Darkseid has overthrown Satan, and is now in full control of all Hell's circles... He must then join with 'team-Image' again to stop Darkseid from unleashing Hell on earth.

I'd read the shit out of that story. thumb up that sounds really epic. I'd read that for sure.Originally posted by SquallX
I think sending Darkseid to Hell would actually be a bad idea. The only reason Darkseid didn't come back to Earth was because Cyborg was able to shut down the Boom Tubes completely. Can Spawn close all portal from Hell for good?

What's stopping Darkseid from just conquering Hell and use the demons as his pawn and re-attack them? that would be assuming that he could actually beat Satan and also assuming that the demons couldn't be dealt with by team image. And to answer your question, yes he can close the portal.

Blue Area Vet
that sounds really epic. I'd read that for sure. that would be assuming that he could actually beat Satan and also assuming that the demons couldn't be dealt with by team image. And to answer your question, yes he can close the portal.

Furthermore, Spawn would completely own Superman and that's what's most important here. Someone who's name rhymes with Crabby is in denial.

DarkSaint85
Don't forget, Darkseid and his parademons were tearing Heaven, the Gray, the Red etc apart....

Galan007
That doesn't mean he can 'port out of Hell--esp. if the gates were closed behind him.

DarkSaint85
That doesn't mean he can 'port out of Hell--esp. if the gates were closed behind him.

I thought he could just casually cross over:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111218104/4389123-3953924705-Const.jpg

Although, seeing as Spawn could feed off evil....Darkseid would be an incredible amp for him - IF he could tap into it.

Galan007
Nah, it's been made pretty clear that Darkseid requires tech/Boom Tubes to dimension-hop. Aside from it originally being confirmed by the events of JL, this fact was explicitly reconfirmed in Darkseid's 'Villain Month' solo:
http://i.imgur.com/8nLzPx9.jpg
"...For the cleverest of them to tap into the machine you created to follow me across dimensions."

Even though a few of the pages prior to the above made it look like he was doing so under his own power:
http://i.imgur.com/gk9kwSA.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/KfYcMK1.jpg

But again, if Spawn closed the gates, the chances of Darkseid getting back to earth at all --let alone in a "10-count"-- are very slim.

deathslash
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I thought he could just casually cross over:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111218104/4389123-3953924705-Const.jpg

Although, seeing as Spawn could feed off evil....Darkseid would be an incredible amp for him - IF he could tap into it. the parademons and Darkseid's minions would give him a huge amp as well.

quanchi112
laughing out loud So now carver is in your head too.

Galan007
the parademons and Darkseid's minions would give him a huge amp as well. Yeah. I'm not entirely convinced that Spawn could amp off Darkseid(I can only assume he has certain countermeasures in place to prevent this.) The mindless Parademons, however, would surely be free game.

tkitna
Why don't you stop riding superman's dick for a moment and subjectively look at the facts.

laughing

quanchi112
Originally posted by tkitna
laughing laughing out loud

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by quanchi112
laughing out loud

hysterical

Supermex
The only opponent they can't beat is Darkseid--and that's because they don't have Cyborg, with his deus ex plot-device tech, available to them(remember, Cyborg's Boom Tube is the ONLY way the JL 'beat' Darkseid.) Aside from him, they'd likely do better than the JL overall, considering that most of the Image characters don't mind going all out and killing opponents.

But yeah, that's a pretty strong Image roster. Not all of them are upgrades over their JL counterparts, but some of them are, so it probably equals out. Imo.

In the original OP

-The 7 Image characters replace only Batman, Superman, G.L Hal, Wonder Woman, M.Manhunter, Flash and Aquaman in the the Dcnu ..

-So can the 7 from Image clear the JLA history from the start of Dcnu to current Dcnu?

-Depending on Dcnu storylines Image gets help from Dc character's involved in those storylines that they have not replaces..

- Spawn is the version closest to high herald level he has been in his histiry but not any version above it.

Supermex
So i dont why Cyborg wont be here to help out..

How would they fair with the Crime Syndicate

SquallX
that sounds really epic. I'd read that for sure. that would be assuming that he could actually beat Satan and also assuming that the demons couldn't be dealt with by team image. And to answer your question, yes he can close the portal.

Is Satan a Multiversal Being in the Spawn series?

deathslash
Is Satan a Multiversal Being in the Spawn series? been so long since I read spawn that I honestly can't remember. It'd probably be best to ask galan or ds.

Galan007
Is Satan a Multiversal Being in the Spawn series? There are instances which mention/imply that he operates across dimensionS or whathaveyou... Though I'm not sure why that matters..?

SquallX
There are instances which mention/imply that he operates across dimensionS or whathaveyou... Though I'm not sure why that matters..?

I brought up Darkseid conquering Hell, and Slash responded if he could beat Satan. That's why i was asking.

deathslash
I brought up Darkseid conquering Hell, and Slash responded if he could beat Satan. That's why i was asking. yeah, looking back on it, Satan is occasionally portrayed as being multiversal, but they never really went into much detail regarding it. We've seen darkseid's army force a portion of heaven to flee but as impressive as that is (and it's really impressive) I just don't think that the "god of evil" can take down the "original evil".

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.