The Twins

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Skittles
Who else thought that the twins were def. the best characters that reloaded introduced?
If so why did you like them???

<<besides the hot accents?>>

smile

Captain REX
They were cool. The ghost thingy was awesome.

Rin
If you look at them generally, they are actually not that good looking.. But there is something about them that is INCREDIBLY sexy.. and it's not the accent. Perhaps their strange talent of being the only white people in history to look good with dreads? The silver/white trenchcoats and sunglasses? The sadistic, merciless destruction of the innocent bystander's cars with their huge black SUV? My answer is this: All of the above and more.. And of course, the lovely carved cheekbones of theirs..

Tevesh
"We are getting aggrevated."

maul's woman
LOL!!! RIN!!!

I loved them too. Very very cool and smooth. Treacherous even. In fact I tried finding a pic of them in real life and IMDB had a few shots of the twins out of makeup. They have these INCREDIBLY chiseled features. big grin But they still had shades on... DANG!!! I wanted to see them without any shades or glasses.

I agree Rin... the twins did those dreds justice. big grin

Dexx
so..chicks dig dematerialisation.
*notes that*

Tevesh
and i have under good word that accents help a lot as well...i need an irish accent

Dexx
"yes, we are..."

DarkPaw_
They are very sexy. Some of the only white guys to EVER look good in dreds, that gets some points. Plus they love chaos, pretty obvious when they smashed into the cars. They were smiling the whole time, love it. And their accents to make them even sexier.

squarn
can you say milli vanilla

maul's woman
Milli Vanilli. Oh well.

Guys, if you think just because we say that we liked the twins that ALL femmes find guys like that attractive. Think again. Smashing into cars don't turn us on either. Accents only hit it off with some femmes. The Raymen twins just have a certain charisma that is strictly them. Has nothing to do with anything else. I for one hate dreds. I think they look awful, but the studio made them look very good on these two guys along with all the other make up. Their very highly chiseled features and the makeup and dreds created a certain flair. big grin

ssj4tomgt
I llive in the UK and did you know the twins are acctually DIY men on a small tv program called better homes i forgot how they got the part but still i say good luck to them

Myndon
I think they got the part cause they are black belts in one of the martial arts, but can't remember which one

Skittles19
Yeah, they did get the parts because of their martials arts experiencesmile

Well, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who found them attractive ..hee

and I agree w/ maul's woman (I'm gonna call her M.W. for short)

It's not like we're turned on by evil car crashing guys.. the rayment twins just really pulled it off...
so don't go causing multiple car pile-ups on the highway just to get some attention from the ladies..ok? stick out tongue

*note* this is Skittles under a different name.. my other account got messed up or something

alaba
THINK VIRUS BROTHERS, THINK THE PREDATOR COVERED IN POWDER

Rin
Powder..? Interesting thought..

Skittles19
Powder....huh

julibug
Whew! I am sooo glad to find some other people who are into the Twins!! I fell in love the first time I saw the movie! And, WOW, the 2nd time I saw it was on an IMAX screen!! Those hotties were right there in my face & I was lovin' it!! I guess I have a thing for martial arts guys. I like Ray Park, too, but sheesh, those suits, dreds & sunglasses (not to mention the accents) are sooo sexy!!!

jimbo3
They were interviewed for a Matrix story in FHM.
'...in September 2000, they answered a low-key call for twins in an "action movie".'

Neil:'Saruman in Lord Of The Rings was white as well! White is the new evil.'

Tevesh
yyyyyyyeeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh....but Lord of the Rings was written a LONG time ago...back in the 50s or 60s if I'm not mistaken.

Skittles19
Heck ya Julibug... English accents are HOT! We can stalk them together..one twin for you and one twin for me :P j/k... but not really

and yes.."T" LotR was written awhile ago... and on a slightly geekier note....Saruman was only the white while he was good..once he became evil Gandalf became the white wizard and Saruman was stripped of his powers smile

julibug
OK Skittles. I will share...hmmm...I don't know, though, double the pleaseure, double the fun! I think I need to go see the movie again - going through withdrawl!!!!

Phoenix
Haven't seen Matrix2 yet, but can't wait! Have seen the trailer, and the Twins are DEFINITELY hot!

Phoenix
Who does have a thing for accents? Cos I do... Which are the sexiest, d'ya think? I like... Irish, Scottish, Southern Drawl and Smooth English (Not cockney, not bluff and british, just smoooooooothe eg. like Methos in Highlander, and yes, I know he's actually Welsh, but his accent is smoooooooooth english!)

Phoenix
Oh, and French is nice too... (Remy is so cool! Remy is so cool!)

Ahem...

So, anyway, back to the Matrix...

Anybody see Matrix Night on five? It was a bit pants really...

The Omega
White is the new colour of evil? Okay, good thing that Switch-girl died in M1, then. Huh? And look out. Gandalf goes white in Two Towers!! Ahh, he must be eviiiil. ;D

julibug
I'm from Arkansas, Phoe, so I'm kinda surrounded by the southern drawl, but I really really like the Twins accents!! (I like listening to Alan Rickman talk, too - the voice of velvet!) To the twins: "We are very intrigued by you! Yes, we are!"

julibug
BTW, saw Finding Nemo today. Some cool aussie accents, but just not quite the same coming from completely cg characters. Still gotta see reloaded again!

Skittles19
English accents are def. the the hottest...
um.. about the fish w/ accents.. I can't say that turns me on :P

heee...

no kidding julibug... need to see matrix again...
Twin withdrawel......

*falls over*

BEST TRINITY
Hey i think the twin will come back in M3

Skittles19
They'd better... or something *bad* will happen

alaba
i reckon the twins are the most original baddies i've seen in a long time...they are just perfect and they should be given more roles in revolutions...they are too original and priceless to be forgotten

julibug
In one of the interviews with the Rayment twins that I read, I'm pretty sure they said they would be back in the 3rd movie. I'm gonna have to go find that interview again...I'll let you guys know!

jimbo3
I know the lord of the rings was written a long time ago. Neil (actor of one of the twins) said that white is the new evil.

Saruman said he was Saruman of many colours when he changed from white (in the book). In the movie he wore white and was evil.

Skittles19
oo.. sorry jimbo :P

alaba
maybe the twins would join the humans to battle the machines in revolutions.

julibug
i'll let the twins join this human (for things other than battle!) wink

Rin
*sigh* Fangirls... They think they know so much. Honestly, though I seriously admire these characters/actors, I pity them and what they must go through.

julibug
What do you think they would think if they read our posts?!?

Captain REX
Yes, making those dreadlocks must be extremely painful, Rin. big grin

Skittles19
Hey,

I'm not too crazy about the term *fangirl* alright honey....

I just thought they were cool characters and that the actors weren't so bad themselves... Sure they put up w/ a lot.. but it's not like their suffering.. so I don't think they need your pity.

I don't assume I know everything.. so uh, yeah

*skittles*

*note*
Julibug.. if they read our posts they would probably never come out in public again...
or just be flattered :P who knows?

jimbo3
I was just adding to what you had already written. I'm not sying your wrong.

DarkPaw_
You shouldn't pity them unless you know for sure that they don't like the attention. Some people enjoy these kinds of comments and find it amusing. And don't assume that all of us are "Fangirls". I too admire these actors, but I also just like to be goofy as well. They are very talented guys who I have a lot of respect for, but I also admire their looks.

Skittles19
My feelings exactly DarkPaw smile
good post

DarkPaw_
Thank you. I think they will be back in the third one, if not i'll set the Wachowski bothers car on fire....then protest. Yay for the Twins!! :P

The Serpent
The twins ARE listed on the credits for the 3rd movie.

Skittles19
I know, but that could be inaccurate info
*hope not*

trav6612
I think the twins were pretty cool villians, but if they bring them back, that will pretty hard to explain unless they turned into their invisible selves just before the explosion. But if they did, how come they didn't continue going after morpheus and the key maker? rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

LilMimister006
Haha...yeh the Twins are hot!! *^_____^*. Except once my friends found out (hmm..wonder how? :-p) they thought i was crazy!! haha o well...They're awesome. heeehee

perceptionist
It seems like it would take more than an exploding car to kill off a being who can take bullets and blades and walk IN floors.

Skittles19
Well, let's hope so!

Hey, I finally found a picture of the rayment twins w/out sunglasses on...
go to "whatisthematrix.com" and them go to the reloaded section..then go to bios.. then *obviously* click on the rayment twins...
they're cuter than I thought!

wheeeee

Kes
Maybe they where suppose to let them go. Everything happens for a reson right, so the keymaker had to escape.
Oh hi by the way. I'm new here. Sorry to just crash in like this. embarrasment

shinta
they wear wigs you know?

Kes
Really?! But they look so cool! Thats what i what to do to my hair! lol

LilMimister006
on the whatisthematrix.com thing about the rayment twins, they don't look much alike though in their bios :-/ but i dunno, they're cute anywayz *^_^*

julibug
Hey guys, I did it!!! I ordered a "Twin 1" action figure!!! Absolutely can't wait to get it!!!! Yea!! (I'm a little excited).

julibug
Hey, this is for GS - I tried to reply to your last pm, but it wouldn't let me. Are you still out there??

julibug
OK. One more post...I found the interview with the twins where they mentioned they would be in the 3rd movie Go to http://romanticmovies.about.com/library/weekly/aa050803c.htm & check it out!!!!

trav6612
Are you crazy about the twins or what?

italeana
they're the hottest. they're hotter than neo. they're british hotties. why? they look so sexy, they're the kind of men you would like to seduce.
DAMN, they've engaged. nevermind! they're still the hottest rolling on floor laughing

Skittles19
What!
their engaged?
*cries* j/k

How did you find out they were engaged?

shinta
yeah where did you read that?they don't wear engagement bands

Kes
Women wear engagemant bands, usually a dimond ring.Not man, they either have a wedding ring or nothing.

shinta
sorry i live in belgium i normaly speak dutch or french

julibug
Yes, please do tell, where did you read that they were engaged?

Kes
You don't have to appologise but what does speaking have to do with this? Do man where engagement bands in belgium? They could use it there and not in england, most of europe for that matter cool lol big grin

shinta
no but wat's the difrent between bands and rings?

anyway june the 20th i 'm gooing to the matrx reloaded for the 3dr time
nothing special you say?
well i'm going dressed up like the twins whit a friend of me stick out tongue

Kes
it's the same I think . a ring is a band a band is a ring. right?! lol enjoy seem it once and that does it for me!

Skittles19
ok, enough about rings where does it ever say they're engaged? and it would be weird if both of them were.. .

DarkPaw_
Neither one is engaged, though Adrian wears a band anyway. I think Neil looks better. I have a pic that shows Adrian with it but I cant post it, says I need to be 'more well known' to post a link. Go figure.

skittles546
The twins were awesome actors they looked good, had a bad boy look, but lets not forget who the real hottie in da movie is : Neo damn Carrie Ann Moss is sooooo lucky

Captain REX
Oh, Neo!

*faints*

I was bored, so I made one of the Twins on a thing called the HeroMachine. Solid form of course. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kes
That looks really cool Captain Rex!smile

julibug
Boy, I don't know, Skittles. I used to think Neo was the hottie, but then the twins came along, and wow!

Skittles19
hey, what the *** another skittles :P

Hee... the twins are def. the HOTTEST!!!

Skittles19
Hmmm.. ok this thread is becoming kinda unproductive... what kind of interesting twin-luvin' discussion can we start up here?

I'm welcome to any ideas

*note*
I am the thread starter... I just had to change my name due to account troubles smile

julibug
Poor twins - all we know them as is "Twin 1" & "Twin 2". What names should we give them? (I don't think Adrian and Neil should count.) Any ideas?

Kes
It should be a name that as some meaning, like all the other characters.
kinda like Romulo (dont know in english , dont even know if it's different) and Remulo (dont know if this is right!) The twins that were raised by a wolf, do you know what i'm babling about?

julibug
Are you referring to Romulus and Remus?

Phoenix
Cool nicknames!

Kes
Yeh! thats it.

Phoenix
Which is which tho? Is twin 1 remus and twin 2 romulus or the other way round?

Skittles19
hmmm. I don't know how I feel about remus and romulus :P

hee.. it's like Uncle Remus...
c'mon we need more suggestions smile

good topic tho.. Julibug my fellow twin fanatic!

Kes
haven't clue! one is suppose to be good and the other bad right? when it comes to the bible all i know is that it is a book! stick out tongue

Phoenix
not bible - is it? its a roman legend!

alaba
how 'bout lilo and stitch?

Kes
Baets me! lol stick out tongue

alaba
yep roman legend, romulus and remus, children of a mythological babe

shinta
how about hades and zeus?

Kes
was zeus bad?

DarkPaw_
How about Tomax and Xamot. They were both evil, G.I. Joe fans may remember these twins that worked for Cobra Commander. And no, Zeus wasn't bad. Just the ruler of all gods. Interesting topic by the way.

Kes
Not really a mithological (sp) name but! cool

Kes
Ah how about one Lex and the outer Luthor?!smile

Skittles19
uh-uh... not lex luthor :P

It has to be something cool... something that matches them...
simple and sexy

DarkPaw_
Lol. Ok, since Mythological names is the theme theres Castor and Pollux. Twins sons of Zeus. It is said that Pollux was a great boxer and Castor a great Horseman. Though that doens't have anything to do with our Twins here.

Kes
Not yeh though! well horseman could be nowdays considering driving, a bike usually but we apdate it to cars, lol one was driving. And the other did the fighting so! thats cool! works for me!

julibug
Hmmm, if you want to go with a gothic theme, we could name them Incubus and Liderc. I read somewhere that the twins are representative of 15th century vampires (all the "deleted" programs around the Merovignian are like vampires or werewolves). (See http://www.angelfire.com/tn/vampires/step8.html for the meanings of the names...I wouldn't mind that kind of death!)

Kes
Nice!!!!

julibug
Then there's always the "excellent" names of Bill and Ted. You know, a little tribute to Keanu. (Note, the guy who played "Bill" also played a vampire in Lost Boys). I know, I know, quite a stretch!

Kes
bill and ted? is that that movie where they travel tru time in a phone booth or something like that.

julibug
Yeah, Kes. That Keanu's big break onto the big screen. Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure. smile

Kes
lol never seen it. i mean all of the movie, thought it was kinda lame.dont really like movies where the characters are really dumb.

Phoenix
I like the vampire idea...

and zeus was kinda bad - he killed his mother and father. his dad was a bit of a freak, eating his children etc, but his mum never did anything perticularly bad!

julibug
Hey, have you guys noticed the rings the twins are wearing in the movie? Their sunglasses are already sold out just about everywhere you look. I wonder if they'll decide to market the rings. If anyone finds them anywhere, let me know. I love rings anyway, but I'd really love to have something to wear to remind me of the twins. (I'm still planning on buying the ring from lotr).

Skittles19
hmmm

we could all buy twin rings and start some sort of secret Twin Lovers society... hee

hmmm ok, our lovely twins aren't vampires.. I'm thinking they're more along the lines of.. ghosts!!!

So, we still haven't named them.. good suggestions tho

Kes
casper. cant think of another ghost.

julibug
According to http://www.chronwatch.com/content/contentDisplay.asp?aid=2728&catcode=24 - ''They're not albinos!'' a studio spokeswoman stressed to WorldNetDaily regarding the new villains. ''They're not even human. They're vampires, 15th century vampires. ... These characters do not possess the qualities that albinos possess. They don't have red eyes. They become invisible. Clearly, they're not real people.''

I remember reading somewhere else a little more detailed description of 15th century vampires, and how they were believed to be able to become transparent. But apparently they are vampires. wink

Kes
Cool. So the vamps names are good! Maybe we should email WB and give them the names! lol

julibug
So, Kes, the vamp names would be Incubus and Liderc, huh. I wonder what they would think. What do you think, Skittles?

Skittles19
hmm... That's cool about the vampire article... now we know what they are
(yes I was wrong.. it doesn't happen often so.. don't get too used to it :P hee)

So, 15th century vamps to be exact... do we have any other names of vamps from this era ( please nothing from anne rice) I like Incubus and Liderc... but the first name just makes me think of a certain band I don't care for smile

thanks for the article julibug smile

and ya.. we should def. e-mail WB w/ our names when we get them!

Kes
Well U know Anne Rice didn't make the names up?! She borrowed from ledgends (sp)!sad So Skittles no Lestat? I really like that name!How about Vlad?! Vlad and Liderc! Thats cool!

Skittles19
hee.. Vlad and Liderc... hmmm not bad

and I didn't know she *borrowed* the names from legends.. truthfully I've never read her books.. too dark I'll stick to harry potter lol ( and no im not a little kid) Lestat isn't bad either it's just more commercial because of the movie and all

Kes
lol yeh but we dont need lestat we got vlad and liderc! big grin They are the only vamps i can think of.stick out tongue

julibug
I like vlad and liderc. Hey, we need a nickname for our little group, too. I was on a message board for awhile for an actor who referred to his fans as his "peeps", so we all became "peeps". Some people even did fun art with marshmallow peeps & posted it. What could be be? Twinzlers (like Twizzlers?), maybe Twinities (as opposed to Trinities). What do you guys think?

Kes
I like Twizzlers! lol How about Twiners?! lol Twinters?big grin

DarkPaw_
The vampire thing is good, but they aren't hurt by sunlight so there for are not vamps.

Kes
Acording to this they are.I think the studio knows best! cool

julibug
DarkPaw, I understand the most common vampire legends say that vampires cannot come out into the daylight, but apparently these are variations on those myths. I read somewhere besides the article that I quoted earlier that they are 15th century vampires who had the ability to become transparent. I have been trying to find the website where I read that. As soon as I find it again, I will refer to it here for all of you. It isn't really all that big of a deal to me if they are vampires or not, but it is interesting, and the quote above is from Warner Bros. themselves.

DarkPaw_
There's still no word about it from the Brothers, so it isn't clear if the Twins are variations of the vamp. myth or not. It would just be stupid, because ALL vampires are affected by daylight. That was the way with the original myth, and every myth after that. So in my opinion it should stay that way. As far as I'm concerned, the Twins aren't really anything. They're just a new creation not really based off of anything. But here's something, what if "ghosts" are based off of the Twins in the matrix and not the other way around?

Kes
That sun thing is an invetion of Bram stoker, so is the blood sucking thing. In a culture, cant remember wich, the indication of vamp was simply having read hair. I sound like Mulder big grin There are all kindes of vamps! Different country different myth!

Kes
Her DarkPaw check this out http://www.angelfire.com/tn/vampires/step8.html

julibug
Also, in reading through some vampire myth & info, I discovered that Dracula (15th century vampire) could turn into a mist-like transparent form. As far as the daylight, don't know what to tell ya there.

julibug
I would like to find out what the Wachowski Bros. had in mind when they invented these characters. I know the two guys in the room where Persiphone shoots one with a silver bullet & the other goes to get the Merovignian were supposed to either be vampires or werewolves. They were watching a vampire movie on the tv & the silver bullet killed one of them. Just don't know for sure if that's what they had in mind with the Twins, or if that's what the Warner Bros. rep. came up with when confronted with the albinism issue.

Kes
Could be! Well either:
a) they show up in the 3 and we're told what they are;
b)in the extras for the DVD reloaded the W. Bros will tell us what they are;
or
c)an animatrix is maide (sp) telling us what they are! big grin

Skittles19
hmm.. well good points all around... Julibug.. great *group* name ideas!
I like twinzlers.. hee
I think that the twins being vamps is very possible... or they could be something else.. who knows...
we know they're hot right?

well, give me some feedback about the group name smile then we can all make it official

~*Skittles*~

Kes
Def Hot!!! lol How about Twinhot or Hotwins lol stick out tongue

julibug
I'm cool with Twinzlers. Whatever the rest of you think! Hey, have any of you ever come across an e-mail (or snail mail) address to send fan mail to the twins?

Kes
I'm cool with twinzlers to. raver Have you checked the web site for the Matrix?

joelman
I always thought that the twins were ghosts. The one killed by the silver bullet was a warewolf, and the vampires were the ones fighting with Neo. Am I missing something here?

Kes
that makes scence. we were just looking for names and julibug, i think, came across an article from, suposadly(sp) the WB studios that says they are 15th century vamps.

princess leia
nah i reckon keanu is *hot* the twins are *mad*.
your damn right skittles (546, not da original) carrie anne is lucky.

Kes
The twins are very cool! Keanu looks good in certain films. The Matrix being one. lol smile

princess leia
i dont want the twins to be vampires...thats not nice. they are such nice guys in reloaded. well, sort of. not really i guess, but they make you think they are.

Member.
the twins were cool. shows how much the computers evolved. a much more interesting now.

Skittles19
Yeah, I'd have to agree Kes, Keanu looks good in the matrix... but even better in Speed smile

So, Kes, Julibug, darkpaw... we all cool w/ twinzlers?

I'm not sure how to e-mail or snail mail the twins... but we sure as *heck* will find out!!!

and princess, how are the twins *mad*? and, how did they ever make us think they were nice? I think driving down the highway, shooting cars and then smiling about it.. is a dead give-away they're downright meanies :P
hee

ok, sorry this post i just a bunch of disjointed replies

peace out my twin-loving buddies

~*skittles*~

Kes
twinzlers is cool with me!smile

DarkPaw_
Yup, sounds good to me. I'm a Twizler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smile

Skittles19
*yay* we're all twinzlers

julibug
Hey, I don't want to get too far off Matrix subjects, but have any of you seen trailers/pics for the Rayment's new movie, "Team One"? There's an official site w/great pics & a couple of teasers to watch. The only thing is it's being release in the UK in October, but I'm not sure if we'll get it here in the states. I really hope so! It looks like they'll be doing some kick-butt karate!!!

shinta
i have somthing to say i have read on a site that the twins are gay

i want to burn the guy how have written this mad mad mad mad mad mad miffed miffed miffed huh

Skittles19
ha!
I doubt the twins are gay( not that there's anything wrong w/ that)
... and I share your anger shinta smile
HEy, thanks for the info julibug.. your allowed to get as off-subject as you want as long as the info contains stuff about the rayment twins...

maybe we'll have to fly over to england to watch it, lol

Kes
They have a new movie! Cool! I guess they changed jobs big grin Did you know that they are (better,were) non-film actors, but carpenters by trade, whose only other screened work was on UK TV programme Carol Vorderman's Better Homes (DIY show). They have done some stunt work, but got the part when the makers of the film were looking for identical male twins who were both skilled in martial arts. stick out tongue

Lord_Seth
I think The Twins were really cool and the effects were just too beautiful.
although I think they made them too powerful and gave them a small part in the movie. i hope we will see them in M3, back to the too powerful thing... they can barelly be harmed and they can heal themselves by transfering to ghosts how can anybody kill 'em? i guess Neo will find a why with his special forces but still...

julibug
Yeah, Skittles, I got into some fanfic about the twins & it had them in Matrix character, but gay. I clicked out if it rather quickly, as my image of them is different. Didn't want the other image in my head. wink Just not my thang, ya know. Anyway, yeah, Kes, I had read about them being in the DIY show. Knew about the karate - I'm into that! I heard they kicked each other around quite a bit in front of the director (?) to get the part in the Matrix.

Kes
lol! Beat the crap out off each other for the part huh?! lol big grin

julibug
stunts in the movie, too. Yeah, they had to show off for the part. I heard they did their own Tough guys! stick out tongue

julibug
What the heck? I think what I meant to say was, "Yeah, they had to show off for the part. I heard they did their own stunts in the movie, too. Sorry - this is how my day (week!) has been going!

Kes
lol i hear ya!stick out tongue

Skittles19
hee,
ya... the guy they auditioned for asked them if they had insurance .. because they beat each other up so badly...lol

gotta love em

julibug
Hey, it turns out that Adrian is co-owner of a business that builds wire furniture & shelves. He designs them. Check it out: http://www.raymentwire.co.uk/index.htm

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>