Strongest person that Spacegost can beat?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CosmicComet
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/75/29/b1/7529b199c6caf6f7c4d9e598b83c839a.jpg

Who's the best he can beat, at least 1/10 times?

http://webpages.charter.net/superheroes/space_ghost.htm#1.3

Don't know how helpful that is, but here's a link describing his abilities.

Cartoon feats and comic feats both count.

Stoic
Originally posted by CosmicComet
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/75/29/b1/7529b199c6caf6f7c4d9e598b83c839a.jpg

I always got the impression that Space Ghost was roughly as powerful as Richard Rider before he became Nova Prime. That should give you a rough estimate of who he could beat and who he wouldn't be able to beat. Too bad that he was the only Hanna/Barbera character to make it out of that dead universe. The Moloids, Thundarr and a few others would have been decent to read these days.

Flyattractor
I remember his Big Bad Uglor being a bit of a 3rd rate Darksied mixed with a Flying Monkey.

So yes... I have no idea.

Khazra Reborn
The original Space Ghost cartoon is basically the best show ever.

Flyattractor
Followed by his guest app on The batman Brave and Bold toon.

Stoic
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
The original Space Ghost cartoon is basically the best show ever.

Well now actually the best would have been Birdman with his solar powers. He was the strongest meta that Hanna/Barbera came out with. Then it would have been Thundarr the Barbarian, then Space Ghost. Trust me, I've seen them all as a child. my uncle had every show.

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Followed by his guest app on The batman Brave and Bold toon.

You have no idea how pissed I was that Space Ghost never got a full episode on the Brave and the Bold.

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by Stoic
I always got the impression that Space Ghost was roughly as powerful as Richard Rider before he became Nova Prime. That should give you a rough estimate of who he could beat and who he wouldn't be able to beat. Too bad that he was the only Hanna/Barbera character to make it out of that dead universe. The Moloids, Thundarr and a few others would have been decent to read these days.

Moloids were freakin awesome. Which cartoon had the robot eagles? Anyone remember that one?

Stoic
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Moloids were freakin awesome. Which cartoon had the robot eagles? Anyone remember that one?

I meant the Herculoids sorry about that, but yeah they were cool.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
You have no idea how pissed I was that Space Ghost never got a full episode on the Brave and the Bold.

At least they got Gary Owens to do the voice....who I think died very shortly after this which may be why no full episode, and B:B&B got canned about then too.

Cause Cartoon Network is full of STUPID!!!!!

leonidas
i loved spaceghost but really had no idea where he would be slotted in terms of power. so you're thinking mid meta stoic?

Stoic
Originally posted by leonidas
i loved spaceghost but really had no idea where he would be slotted in terms of power. so you're thinking mid meta stoic?

Yeah he's about Mid Meta.

Sensui
Originally posted by CosmicComet

Before we can figure out who's the strongest character Space Ghost can beat it's best to know what his best feats are. Off the top of my head

Space Ghost overpowered the entire energy of a planet in the episode the Council of Doom part 6 and destroyed it, of course it took the full power of his power bands.

Space Ghost in the episode Worlds on Collision overpowered the machine that was pulling Ghost Planet and the Herculoids Planet Quasar(despite its giant planetary interstellar engines cranked to maximum) across the galaxy into a planetary collision, of course it took the full power of his power bands to reverse the machine's effects. I don't think its stated if this machine utilized gravity, dark energy, or whatever to accomplish its effects. Space Ghost simply matched its energy and reversed it.

Space Ghost in the episode The Crystal Menace took on the Crystal Cyborg that had a ray machine that could terraform entire planets into crystal. While being transmuted into a crystal Space Ghost once again channeled the full power of his power bands and overpowered the ray and machine.

Space Ghost in the episode The Big Freeze blocked a freeze ray that was shown capable of freezing an entire planet. This also required his power bands at maximum and he couldn't hold it for long but still impressive.

I'm not sure what episode it was where Space Ghost blasted through an adamantium wall with his power bands set at maximum but he was imprisoned in an corridor of adamantium. Now is Hanna Barbera's adamantium the same as Marvel's I have no idea but the walls withstood Space Ghost's standard attacks until he cranked it up.

Also in the list of abilities for the Power Bands, it doesn't mention Space Ghost's ability to generate Anti-Matter like in the episode Council of Doom Part Five against the Spider Woman's webs.

And if my memory isn't totally shot Space Ghost can manipulate his energy field into constructs, like a Green Lantern, materializing a great force fist and sledgehammer like construct, which he used to crush the strongest robot in the galaxy Titanor.
But Space Ghost's force fields have endured everything from Star Beast's, cosmic rays, to molten lava.

Without his Power Bands Space Ghost's physical strength feats are few and far between with him usually being restrained by some random mook employed by Zorak or Moltar. In the episode Attack of the Space Sharks, Space Ghost holds open the jaws of one of the Space Sharks. The Space Sharks were large enough to swallow asteroids whole and contain and entire space fleet in their stomachs.

In the episode Nomads, Space Ghost without his power bands flies around in space, slams through ship's hulls, and easily moves around a battleship sized vessel. He threatens to throw the ship into a black hole. Space Ghost also routinely threw around the Creature King's kaiju sized monsters on a regular basis. But the Moon Ape was too strong for Space Ghost every time he encountered it and in one of the Council of Doom episodes he was saved from the Moon Ape by Mightor who was physically much stronger.

Also Space Ghost without a force field imo had a bit of a glass jaw and was constantly being ko'd.

That's like the most impressive stuff that I can personally remember. His speed is FTL as Space Ghost is able to keep up with the Phantom Cruiser through interstellar space. Hopefully this will help you place him in some fights Cosmic Comet.

I think Death Battle should use some of the classic Hanna Barbera superheroes so they can do full research and showcase some of these guys like Mightor, Space Ghost, Herculoids, Galaxy Trio, Birdman, etc.....

Stoic
I think that you're giving Space Ghost a little too much love. He was powerful but you made him seem like a He-Man level character Sensui. In this Youtube scene he takes on a 30 foot fire monster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJszCkFs61U

CosmicComet
Thanks for the info Sensui, I'm inspired to watch these episodes again to confirm those.

zopzop
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Which cartoon had the robot eagles? Anyone remember that one?
Silverhawks?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.