Would you rather have life in prison or the death penalty?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Surtur
This is not about whether or not you believe the death penalty is right or wrong. This is about what you would personally prefer if you were put in a situation where you had to choose. Let's say you did something and are 100% guilty and you are given two options by the court.

The first option is life in a maximum security prison with no chance of parole. You will never really see the light of day again and you will be imprisoned with the worst of the worst. This is one of those prisons where the possibility of rape or being shanked is definitely there.

The second option is the death penalty, which is pretty self explanatory.

Which would you rather happen? Remember, you have zero chance at ever getting out.

Bardock42
Life in prison

Jesus McBurger
Life in prison

FinalAnswer
Depends on the prison

A real shit hole, probably death

Jesus McBurger
Which method do they use for the death penalty?

Adam Grimes
'I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees' thumb up

Surtur
I'd choose death. But technically I'm not a normal case, I'd require various pain medications for pain management and I'm doubting the prison would give me everything I needed.

Originally posted by Jesus McBurger
Which method do they use for the death penalty?

I don't know, lets assume it is painless though whatever it is.

Flyattractor
I could handle prison as long as its not ....

http://mindchip.net/WP/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/pound-me-in-the-ass-prison1.jpg

Jesus McBurger
American history x

Surtur
Well like I said, it's one of those prisons where getting raped and shanked is a definite possibility. It's not guaranteed, but it's not something that is rare in where you're going.

Flyattractor
Life in Prison choice depends on what my afterlife choices are.

Raisen
hahahaha. i worked in a few prison for years. it's not as bad as people think. lifers are some of the easiest convicts to get along with because they have accepted their fate. many of them seem very happy.
death row sucks

Surtur
Originally posted by Raisen
hahahaha. i worked in a few prison for years. it's not as bad as people think. lifers are some of the easiest convicts to get along with because they have accepted their fate. many of them seem very happy.
death row sucks

This disturbs me to be honest. For me, if a prisoner is happy then the prison has failed at it's task.

Robtard
Prison's are supposed to rehabilitate, not make people worse people than they were going in.

Unfortunately the later is how most US prison's work.

Newjak
I would rather have neither honestly.

Raisen
unless you have worked or lived in a prison i don't think you can understand. when you have no possibility of getting out you only have two choices: accept where you are and make the best of it, or drift into depression and insanity. prisons can only rehabilitate if the inmate allows it. most of the people doing long sentences have bpd and can't really be treated. sociopaths that possess no empathy.

Bentley
I would probably stay in Prison, not for some misguided love of life, but to actually redeem myself.

Who am I kidding, I ended up in that jail for political reasons, the world is unfair but I'll stick into prison to see my enemies grow weak and die thumb up

Jmanghan
Life in Prison, indefinitely.

But that might be due to my fear of death.

My EXPONENTIAL fear of death.

Tzeentch
I would prefer the death sentence to life in an American prison.

Raisen
Originally posted by Tzeentch
I would prefer the death sentence to life in an American prison.
what do you know about american prison?

Yamcha
Dude sorry for replying to your threads but damn you make ones that people have an urge to reply to haha. Death Pentalty. If there's no chance to get out what so ever? Yeah I'd rather die. I've been to jail and the fact I had no freedom? I would have willingly died if I was in there with no chance of freedom. Prison's way worse, sorry I need to have my chance for freedom to keep me alive. If that isn't there? Kill me on the spot, I'm already a dead man at that point if my freedom is taken away.

Esau Cairn
I'd choose the death penalty, providing it happens within days of choosing that option & not drag on for weeks or months or years waiting for the paperwork to clear.

Placidity
Death.

Most people here would too, they probably just don't realize it until they've been raped a few times.

Raisen
wow. people have a really skewed view of prison and jail. it's not even close to what you see on t.v.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Robtard
Prison's are supposed to rehabilitate, not make people worse people than they were going in.

Unfortunately the later is how most US prison's work.

The way that prison is supposed to REHABILITATATE people is to make them think. "Wow that place is HORRIBLE, I really should not do anything to make them send me back there" .

Its not supposed to be SUMMER Camp.

But if you want a nice prison I am sure there are much better ones in other countries. May I suggest Mexico or Iran.

Raisen
EVERYONE. American prison is better than 99% of prisons in other countries.
mp3, huge commissary list, cable tv, plenty of job programs etc.
racial politics is what makes prison shitty. everyone here except me has probably never stepped foot in a prison. it's the shitty individuals that make it bad, and it's their shitty behavior that got them there.
jesus.

Newjak
EVERYONE. American prison is better than 99% of prisons in other countries.
mp3, huge commissary list, cable tv, plenty of job programs etc.
racial politics is what makes prison shitty. everyone here except me has probably never stepped foot in a prison. it's the shitty individuals that make it bad, and it's their shitty behavior that got them there.
jesus. First of all you make assumptions without backing up your own claims.

No one here knows for certain whether you have even stepped in a prison as well.

Raisen
what assumptions? i've worked in a prison. you are the one assuming that i MAY be lying.

Newjak
what assumptions? i've worked in a prison. you are the one assuming that i MAY be lying. That no one else here has stepped foot in a prison. One poster in here has already said they've been to jail. I know I've visited and I've known family that has gone to jail for awhile.

And ultimately you may or may not be lying but ultimately your experience may not be the norm for prisons in the US so it's not like we can take just your word on the matter.

Raisen
hmm. did you get sob stories from you family in jail? did they want money on the books?

Newjak
hmm. did you get sob stories from you family in jail? did they want money on the books? Let me guess you're about to offer your opinion on whatever I tell you right?

Yes some of them were sob stories. I've heard plenty of sob stories but like your story it may or may not be the norm.

What I do know is that things like rape, violence, over crowding in prisons are actual things backed up by data.

Raisen
hmmm. violence by many people who were locked up by violence. how odd. rape is not that rampant. most sex is opportunistic and for money.

Robtard
I've seen the complete series of OZ, so I'm definitely the prison expert here and I can tell you that there's a good chance you'll get anal raped or murdered; sometimes both. About every 3rd episode good chance.

Raisen
lol. yeah oz was good man. truth is that the worst part or american prisons is racial segregation, boredom, being away from family, and people annoying you.

can you imagine having a celly that snores and having that celly for a year or so? or a guy that farts constantly. assaults happen because of things like this

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.