DC Civil War

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ShadowFyre
Not sure if this had been done before either on here or in actual comics but has DC ever had an arc or anything that touched on the heroes and their identities and such? Who do you think will pick which side? Who would prevail? If Superman picks a side is it an automatic win? Gonnanput one scenario in as well.

1. All heroes and villians on DC earth.
2.High metas and below only from DC earth. There is no Justice League.

3. Lex Luthor and Superman have vowed to hunt down and unmask every vigilante out there. Batman and Dr. Fate have vowed to stop them. They are 3 months into the war but the first violent act and deaths for each side happened 3 days ago with Clark cutting Robin in half via heatvision while he was trying to take out Lex and Batman killing Supergirl with a red uv/kryptonite poison that he had concocted while she was trying to take in one of his allies. So things have just gotten serious. Who would ultimately win?

Sin I AM
Convoluted. Youd have to narrow the playing field and state who is on whose side

DarkSaint85
Essentially, it's Injustice.

Sin I AM
Well he said civil war so i just assumed. Injustice wasnt well written imo

DarkSaint85
It still isn't. An interesting look at 'ooooh cool scene, Superman rips hearts out', and 'I wonder what Hawkman can do' type scenes, but that's it.

It's the Maccy Ds of comics.

beatboks
if I understand the question correctly your asking if there has ever been a story in DC where heroes divide and choose divergant paths??

The answer would be a few, but thebest would be IMHO.

Legends (1986-87)- One of Darkseid's agent's Glorious Godfry uses his power to effect the perceptions of others to turn DC earth against it's heroes. To make their fear rise up and and want to pull the heroes down. The present gives an executive order for all heroes to de-mask for public safety after riots and such. heroes Like Superman follow this order while others decide they are needed more than ever.

Surtur
You have to realize that in general..the people of DCU Earth tend to be a lot more tolerant of super powered beings then those in Marvel. Like in Marvel they'll hate mutants, but love Spider-Man.

There still has, as mentioned, been some kind of civil war type storylines, but super powered beings tend to have it a lot easier in the DCU as opposed to Marvel.

So if you gave me powers and told me to pick an Earth to live on..I'd choose DC Earth in about .001 seconds.

ShadowFyre
Thanks guys, yeah, Marvels a little bi polar when it comes to heroes and people in power. Osborn, DOOM, Namor etc. But mutantts are bad, never made a lotta sense. So you think DC earth would never even have a problem like this?

Surtur
I think it is possible they could, but I don't think it would be on the same scale. People in DC just don't tend to view meta's the same way those in Marvel view mutants.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.