Another mass shooting, this time in Kansas

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Surtur
At this point we should probably just create a "mass shooting" thread. But yeah, 3 dead and 14 injured, 5 of those in serious condition.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/cedric-larry-ford-kills-3-injures-14-kansas-shooting-spree-n526316

It spanned 6 miles and covered 3 crime scenes.

Raisen
not a mass shooting. has to be four or more

Surtur
It is more then 4. 3 dead, but over a dozen injured.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Raisen
not a mass shooting. has to be four or more

Has to be four or more victims, not dead.

Raisen
Originally posted by Bardock42
Has to be four or more victims, not dead.

i stand corrected.

Raisen
surtur, sorry for throwing off the tone of your thread

Surtur
It's no problem. This is just another sad event. This one line from the article disturbed me more then anything:

"Kansas law doesn't require a permit to buy long guns or handguns, which don't have to be registered." Come on now, I can't see how even the biggest gun enthusiast would disagree with the fact these weapons should need to be registered.

Raisen
Originally posted by Surtur
It's no problem. This is just another sad event. This one line from the article disturbed me more then anything:

"Kansas law doesn't require a permit to buy long guns or handguns, which don't have to be registered." Come on now, I can't see how even the biggest gun enthusiast would disagree with the fact these weapons should need to be registered.

they definitely should be registered.

too far right is every bit as dangerous as too left

Surtur
Yes and I want to make it clear I am not one of those people some say want to "take away all the guns". I don't. I actually want them in the hands of the right people. Or at least that is the hope. You can't always know how someone will react, but this is potentially one of those cases where it might of mattered. The guy had a criminal record including a firearm charge. Also had a recent abuse charge or whatever.

If someone is specifically planning out something in advance then no you can't stop them from getting a gun illegally if they want to do so. But it seems like this was more something random and the guy was having relationship issues, and people don't tend to go buy illegal weapons just on a spur of the moment "I'm gonna go shoot some people" type deal. Who knows though the weapons might indeed of been illegally bought, but for me it doesn't make the law, or lack of one, any better.

Though notice the tweet that says *11* mass shootings have happened in the last week. I certainly haven't heard about that many recently, but damn.

Flyattractor
I am surprised this got noticed. Its a Black on White incident.

Not something todays media feels that needs to be pointed out.

Raisen
Originally posted by Flyattractor
I am surprised this got noticed. Its a Black on White incident.

Not something todays media feels that needs to be pointed out.

it doesn't rile people up enough. oh well

Robtard
But it did get picked up by the news...

As far as Fly's ever present racist agenda. This doesn't seem racially motivated thus far, "he was shooting indiscriminately". Compare that to say Dylan Roof (Charleston church mass shooting) who specifically targeted black people because they were black.

Surtur
It really does seem like he randomly shot people and then at the end decided to drive to his work and finish it off there.

Raisen
Originally posted by Robtard

As far as Fly's ever present racist agenda. This doesn't seem racially motivated thus far, "he was shooting indiscriminately". Compare that to say Dylan Roof (Charleston church mass shooting) who specifically targeted black people because they were black.

yeah apples and oranges. aside from the knock-out game and robbing the weak. black people don't really do stuff like racial killing or the sort. that seems to be a white and latino thing. i say latino because there are sureno gangs like hawaiian gardens who actually give orders to get blacks out of neighborhoods...gang members or not

Flyattractor

Racist Agenda? MOI!?

Though notice the tweet that says *11* mass shootings have happened in the last week. I certainly haven't heard about that many recently, but damn.

Those were probably all black on black crimes and thus why it wasn't made a bigger deal of.

Now THATS a Racist Agenda.

ares834
Holy shit, another? 2 mass shootings in one week?

Surtur
The article says there have been 11 in the last week. Or a tweet in the article says it. Some were saying that he had to of gotten the gun illegally since he was a felon, but apparently in certain states there are legal loopholes that can be exploited, specifically having to do with purchases at gun shows and stuff like that.

Esau Cairn
You know "guns in the hands of right people"...

So far I'm not reading any good news stories that back that claim up.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Esau Cairn

Because Good People Make Good News and well..We all know how well that sells.

Raisen

It happens every day but you need to look for them. It's all an agenda

Robtard
Guns definitely keep those "3 dead and 14 injured" safe, that we can be sure of.

Surtur

There have been a variety of stories of people with legal conceal and carry permits being able to save the lives of others, those are what I mean by the right type of people.

Guns definitely keep those "3 dead and 14 injured" safe, that we can be sure of.

You do know the number of dead and injured could of been higher if not for the fact a cop shot him with a gun, right?

Robtard
Yep, a gun definitely kept him safe too

Surtur
Which just means it all comes down to who is wielding the gun, correct? In the right hands it can save lives or protect people and in the wrong hands it can end lives.

Robtard
Which is why there needs to be gun reform where we have better background checks, better cohesion between state/fed departments, getting ride of the clownshow loopholes, stricter licensing etc.

But no, we can't get that because "mah gun freedom" people are scared they might have to wait an extra week for their precious.

Surtur
Well yes we do need better laws, hopefully this incident will shine a light on that even if the guns were bought illegally.

Astner
Originally posted by ares834
Holy shit, another? 2 mass shootings in one week?
Happy Darwin day?

Esau Cairn
Which just means it all comes down to who is wielding the gun, correct? In the right hands it can save lives or protect people and in the wrong hands it can end lives.

Was it just 2 weeks ago we read about a 4 year old toddler who fatally shot his sister with his grandfather's unsecured pistol...?

Now Iowa wants to pass a Bill that allows kids under 14 to own a handgun.

Raisen
Was it just 2 weeks ago we read about a 4 year old toddler who fatally shot his sister with his grandfather's unsecured pistol...?

Now Iowa wants to pass a Bill that allows kids under 14 to own a handgun.
Darwin ism

Anyway, all babies should be issued a firearm and a grenade at birth. Get them started young and this shit wouldn't happen.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Raisen
Darwin ism

Anyway, all babies should be issued a firearm and a grenade at birth. Get them started young and this shit wouldn't happen.

If only rape was as high as your shootings...imagine all the jokes we could make.

Surtur

Did not hear about this, but it doesn't negate my point, but yes..people need to be careful. With children around guns need to be kept in lockboxes, not just somewhere a kid can find. Oh and especially not loaded.

What is their rationale behind this?

Ok so this article:

http://whotv.com/2016/02/23/bill-would-allow-children-to-shoot-at-any-age-with-parental-consent/

They can't own a handgun. What they want is to be able to have kids under 14 able to use a gun if a parent is supervising.

But if you read you will notice they also passed a bill so you can carry a gun while on an atv or snowmobile. Since that is apparently a bill this state needed.

Alright so we have Oregon and Florida as crazy ass states, now we can add Iowa to the list.

Surtur
So we now know where he got the guns:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ex-girlfriend-charged-giving-kansas-shooter-cedric-ford-guns-n526991

His fat faced ex gf. Of course it wasn't her fault she says he threatened her. She could face up to 10 years and to me if we took that sentence and maybe doubled it then maybe people might be a bit more hesitant to provide guns to known felons.

I mean damn I almost feel sorry for her if she truly was afraid for her life since..the shooter is dead. This woman is now the only person alive that people can point the finger at.

Stigma
Yep, a gun definitely kept him safe too
McClane agrees thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.