Thor vs. World Engine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FrothByte
Thor gets the same amount of time to destroy Metropolis as the world engine had. Who causes more destruction: Thor or the World Engine?

Silent Master
Thor

ares834
Hard to tell as we really have no clue how long the WE was bombarding the city as there seemed to be some time skip involved.

Silent Master
Originally posted by ares834
Hard to tell as we really have no clue how long the WE was bombarding the city as there seemed to be some time skip involved.

We know how much damage the Jotunheim attack did and we know it only took Thor about 3 seconds to use it, so do you really think that the World engine did more damage to Metropolis than at the very least several dozen Jotunheim busters would?

Placidity
Originally posted by Silent Master
We know how much damage the Jotunheim attack did and we know it only took Thor about 3 seconds to use it, so do you really think that the World engine did more damage to Metropolis than at the very least several dozen Jotunheim busters would?

Yes.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Placidity
Yes.

You really need to watch the Thor movie.

Robtard
Comparing Metropolis to Jotenheim, which was as we saw from the very beginning crumbling rock and ice is faulty.

ares834

Silent Master
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSbyknf4vJ4

@3:22

ares834
Cool. Doesn't really change anything I said earlier.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Robtard
Comparing Metropolis to Jotenheim, which was as we saw from the very beginning crumbling rock and ice is faulty.

Nah, it was fully capable of supporting running/warring frost giants and their giant pets. Pretty sure it's more stable than we give it credit for. Plus, Metropolis probably has sewer systems, so it's not like it's standing on bedrock or anything.

Silent Master
Originally posted by ares834
Cool. Doesn't really change anything I said earlier.

Even if the Jotunheim attack only does 1/10th the damage in Metropolis that is still far more than just one building per attack and given that sed attack only takes seconds then Thor can use it at the very least several dozen if not well over a hundred.

Are you arguing that the World engine destroyed more than a few dozens to hundreds of skyscrapers?

Robtard
Originally posted by FrothByte
Nah, it was fully capable of supporting running/warring frost giants and their giant pets. Pretty sure it's more stable than we give it credit for. Plus, Metropolis probably has sewer systems, so it's not like it's standing on bedrock or anything. The majority of damage comes from the ice shelf breaking apart from the ensuing shockwave, not sure the same thing will happen to concrete and steel.

ares834

Silent Master
How long was the World engine in operation?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thor would easily beat the destruction level of the World Engine. We literally saw it going for about 30 minutes or more and most of the city was still standing. Thor would be able to do much much quicker. As I said, the feat gets greatly exaggerated.

quanchi112
Thor.

Nibedicus
Can't say at this point until I watch the movie again and compute the radius that the WE affected.

Although, I gotta say, that the WE wasn't really out to destroy the city. It was terraforming. The city destruction was just an a side effect/collateral damage. I rewatched the WE scene as well. I recall a scene where Perry (DP editor) was trying to free this girl within the rubble. A pulse of the WE (as it was expanding) hit a car pretty close to them, and around 20 seconds later another pulse hits and it hasn't really hit them yet. Looks like (at least at this point of its terraforming) it crawls a bit slower as it expands, couple of feet every several seconds or so.

Also, we need to factor in the timeskips, how long did it take the WE to cause the damage?

ShadowFyre
Lol, why are people using Jotunheim and not Sokovia? Even if we lowballed the feat, the initial shockwave from him making contact completely obliterated several large buildings and had a radius of multiple blocks, then the lightning bolt hit and obliterated pretty much everything else on the surface until the reaction doubled back and caused the whole landmass to explode. Not sure how this is even a question. Thor wins in a stomp, the World Engine isnt really a weapon. It wasnt made to destroy things. It just sends out some kinda gravity pulse that does it over time.

Maybe it was on turtle? Put it on rabbit and it probably wins

quanchi112
World Engine wasn't impressive in the least. Thor does win and very easily.

TheVaultDweller
Thor could most likely do more damage. If he delivers full powered, charged strikes, like Jotunheim/Sokovia, at strategic locations, he could easily wipe out large portions of the city during that time.

Silent Master
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Lol, why are people using Jotunheim and not Sokovia? Even if we lowballed the feat, the initial shockwave from him making contact completely obliterated several large buildings and had a radius of multiple blocks, then the lightning bolt hit and obliterated pretty much everything else on the surface until the reaction doubled back and caused the whole landmass to explode. Not sure how this is even a question. Thor wins in a stomp, the World Engine isnt really a weapon. It wasnt made to destroy things. It just sends out some kinda gravity pulse that does it over time.

Maybe it was on turtle? Put it on rabbit and it probably wins

Jotunheim was the less impressive showing, using it first allowed us to see how far the DC fanboys would go in order to lowball the feat. while leaving us with a trump card that we can use later.

As you'll notice from the thread so far, it was working rather well.

Henry_Pym
Thor easily, I'm honestly not sure how anyone can think Superman is anywhere near Thor level.

quanchi112
Superman's stock is plummeting.

Silent Master
Yea, this is an easy win for Thor.

Blue Area Vet
LOL at people saying Metro >>> Jotunheim!!

quanchi112
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
LOL at people saying Metro >>> Jotunheim!! thumb up

abhilegend
Thor gets overpowered easily by the gravity beam.

Jotunheim attack wasn't really a strike. He channeled electricity and tapped the handle of the hammer on the ice.

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/TheHalk/Comics/Films/normal_speed_zpstefwktoi.gif

It's not a striking feat at all.

quanchi112
So Thor using his powers and striking isn't a striking feat ? But superman using his speed and momentum is just his strength ? You're a hypocrite of ragnarok proportions. You're also a shitty debater who couldn't sell a point to save your measly life.

Silent Master
Everyone thank abhi for posting proof that Thor wins.

Raisen
why is abhi allowed on these boards

abhilegend
So how exactly is it a strike when the hammer end is pointing upwards and the handle is touching the ground? It's an EP feat and not exactly that great since the ice was already fractured.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Raisen
why is abhi allowed on these boards He won't even face me. He's a huge coward. He exists just to be mocked.

quanchi112
Originally posted by abhilegend
So how exactly is it a strike when the hammer end is pointing upwards and the handle is touching the ground? It's an EP feat and not exactly that great since the ice was already fractured. He used his powers alongs with striking the ground. That's called a hammer strike. You try to use speed feats as strength only because well you use double standards. Cry elsewhere, loser.

Silent Master

Raisen
Originally posted by quanchi112
He won't even face me. He's a huge coward. He exists just to be mocked.

i just wish i could give abhi some of the testosterone that's in my body to make him more of a man. like maybe i can give him some of my blood to cure his AIDS and give him some more of my man hormones. it's got to suck to live as him. i wish i could do something but i just can't.

quanchi112
i just wish i could give abhi some of the testosterone that's in my body to make him more of a man. like maybe i can give him some of my blood to cure his AIDS and give him some more of my man hormones. it's got to suck to live as him. i wish i could do something but i just can't. Whats worse is his own father used to terrorize him. I'm not joking. The guy has clearly been a victim all his pathetic life. I think he imagines himself with superspeed so he can run away at the first inkling of danger.

Raisen
Whats worse is his own father used to terrorize him. I'm not joking. The guy has clearly been a victim all his pathetic life. I think he imagines himself with superspeed so he can run away at the first inkling of danger.

if that's the case we really shouldn't push him. what did his dad do. i hope he didn't beat him or anything crazy.
i'm not joking about this either.

quanchi112
if that's the case we really shouldn't push him. what did his dad do. i hope he didn't beat him or anything crazy.
i'm not joking about this either. I think he did but that should have made him stronger. In words abhi can understand maybe if Superman grew up on apokolips he'd be far tougher than growing up on that shitty farm. But some people just wilt under pressure.

Raisen
I think he did but that should have made him stronger. In words abhi can understand maybe if Superman grew up on apokolips he'd be far tougher than growing up on that shitty farm. But some people just wilt under pressure.

this is just a comics board man. if he was beat irl then i'm not going to push someone is down and defeated. there is nothing manly or honorable about kicking dirt on somebody when they are lying on the ground.

quanchi112
this is just a comics board man. if he was beat irl then i'm not going to push someone is down and defeated. there is nothing manly or honorable about kicking dirt on somebody when they are lying on the ground. But if he steps into the cage we have no choice but to beat him. It's the honorable thing to slay a weaker guy in combat.

abhilegend
So merely a circle jerk now, eh?

Good, good.

quanchi112
So merely a circle jerk now, eh?

Good, good. Your point has already been destroyed. You didn't rebut anything and were mocked afterwards.

KuRuPT Thanosi
So how exactly is it a strike when the hammer end is pointing upwards and the handle is touching the ground? It's an EP feat and not exactly that great since the ice was already fractured.

Who cares if it's a strike or not, the simple fact remains, Thor could destroy the entire city substantially faster than the WE was destroying it.

abhilegend
Can he?

quanchi112
Can he? So you ask other posters questions now. Wow. Have some pride.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Can he?

Did you see how Pitifully slow the WE was destroying the city? Sometimes buildings weren't even destroyed being directly hit by the beam. We saw people running around the pulse and not getting pulled it. It was painfully slow. Thor could certainly spam attack exponentially faster than the WE was pulsing. You disagree?

Silent Master
abhi isn't very smart, his next argument will be that Thor's AOE wouldn't destroy more than a few feet in a city.

quanchi112
Abhi has been run off.

Robtard
Mocking possible child abuse, all because of some butthurt ove fictional character fights. Good show

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
Mocking possible child abuse, all because of some butthurt ove fictional character fights. Good show Here comes the drama queen. Stick to the topic. Thor wins.

abhilegend
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Did you see how Pitifully slow the WE was destroying the city? Sometimes buildings weren't even destroyed being directly hit by the beam. We saw people running around the pulse and not getting pulled it. It was painfully slow. Thor could certainly spam attack exponentially faster than the WE was pulsing. You disagree?
Yes, because it was expanding gravity across the Earth.

What city had Thor destroyed on his own?

FrothByte

Jotunheim. That was all Thor.

quanchi112

What city had Thor destroyed on his own? More than Superman.

laughing out loud

KuRuPT Thanosi

Expanding gravity across earth??? Post the clip where this was stated then.

Further, you didn't answer my question... can Thor not spam attack faster than the WE was pulsing? True or False? Further, we saw how much damage the pulses were doing i.e. next to nothing. Entire building weren't destroyed by a pulse hitting it directly. We saw next to no collateral damage around a pulse. People were seeing running around with no issue. It was painfully weak and slow. We can conclusively see this over and over again.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.