Faora vs. MCU Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Round 1: Hand to hand only (No BFR), fight takes place in a Hangar bay

Round 2: All out/Morals off for Hulk

relentless1
Faora wins both, Hulk is a mindless brute that goes all out anyways so the difference between rounds 1 and 2 are moot

Anyway she's way too fast and she's a skilled fighter as well as strong enough to be a fight for Superman.. Hulk gets dusted

Robtard
I wouldn't call Hulk "mindless", as he can follow orders and use team attacks.

But yeah, she'd KO him with her speed, strength and fighting prowess.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Robtard
I wouldn't call Hulk "mindless", as he can follow orders and use team attacks.

But yeah, she'd KO him with her speed, strength and fighting prowess.

You have to forgive relentless1, he rarely knows what he's talking about.

dynamix
faora. speed, fighting skills, strength (pretty comparable imo). plus flight for good measure ha.

Robtard
Faora never learned how to fly, she could jump far (not as far as Hulk) though.

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by Silent Master
You have to forgive relentless1, he rarely knows what he's talking about. At this point you should ask him out, imo.

FrothByte
Again, depends if Faora's mask weakness is on. If it's not, then Faora wins decisively 10/10. But if she's wearing her mask, then it's probably easier for Hulk to crack that mask than it is for Faora to KO Hulk, I'd call the fight 5/10.

relentless1
he was able to control himself only sporadically, way too easy to get him into a mindless state, its happened to him in two out of three films and his explanation of control was sketchy at best..Faora would drive him to that state the minute she hurt him with a punch

relentless1
I agree with frothbyte about the mask thought, if she's vulnerable to Earths atmosphere then she takes a big green fist to the dome and its lights out.

Silent Master
Originally posted by relentless1
he was able to control himself only sporadically, way too easy to get him into a mindless state, its happened to him in two out of three films and his explanation of control was sketchy at best..Faora would drive him to that state the minute she hurt him with a punch

It happened due to mind control, you'd know that if you had watched the movies.

Nibedicus
The times Hulk raged out in Avengers, it's because he was being affected by mind powers (Mind gem and Scarlet Witch).

I will agree Faora wins most, tho.

NemeBro
Originally posted by FrothByte
Again, depends if Faora's mask weakness is on. If it's not, then Faora wins decisively 10/10. But if she's wearing her mask, then it's probably easier for Hulk to crack that mask than it is for Faora to KO Hulk, I'd call the fight 5/10. Hulk would need to land a blow on her first, and that's nearly impossible at his level of speed.

Faora could crack Hulk in the jaw a hundred times before he could manage to touch her.

relentless1
Originally posted by Silent Master
It happened due to mind control, you'd know that if you had watched the movies.

i know how it happened you condescending prick, I'm merely stating that it happens to him rather easily, also he's very prone to rage naturally so Faora hurting him physically will definitely send him into a Hulked out rage

quanchi112
Hulk wins.

Silent Master
i know how it happened you condescending prick, I'm merely stating that it happens to him rather easily, also he's very prone to rage naturally so Faora hurting him physically will definitely send him into a Hulked out rage

I believe you mean rather easily if you use mind control, does Faora have mind control abilities? Merely hurting him isn't enough to turn him mindless, as seen in both Avengers movies.

You have seen the movies, right?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Hulk wins, and does so convincingly. You guys are acting like Hulk would never catch her at any point, when the opposite is actually true, he would and dominate once he does.

All of this talk of Faora speed being so decisive is being disingenuous. It's simply not true, and Hulk would most certainly be able to tag her or get a hold of her. Simply take a look at the below video. He's literally flying around from building to building smashing dudes. Sometimes seemingly not even looking at his foes before leaping every which way imaginable. Which makes sense of course because as the Hulk he ahs heighted reactions. speed and perception. Yet the guy doing the below is never going to get her? Come on guys, you can't be serious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nEo40Y-Qrc

His jumping movement is every bit as good as Faora's. Sure if Hulk just stands there and tries to go hand 2 hand, sure it will take some time to catch her. He'll be made to look like a full for awhile. Even in that scenario, he'd eventually smash her. However, once he's starts rampaging around doing his Hulk thing, he will smash, and smash Faora HARD

This is what would happen when he does

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy61Va1L4cM

Zack M
Faora.

relentless1
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Hulk wins, and does so convincingly. You guys are acting like Hulk would never catch her at any point, when the opposite is actually true, he would and dominate once he does.

All of this talk of Faora speed being so decisive is being disingenuous. It's simply not true, and Hulk would most certainly be able to tag her or get a hold of her. Simply take a look at the below video. He's literally flying around from building to building smashing dudes. Sometimes seemingly not even looking at his foes before leaping every which way imaginable. Which makes sense of course because as the Hulk he ahs heighted reactions. speed and perception. Yet the guy doing the below is never going to get her? Come on guys, you can't be serious.

His jumping movement is every bit as good as Faora's. Sure if Hulk just stands there and tries to go hand 2 hand, sure it will take some time to catch her. He'll be made to look like a full for awhile. Even in that scenario, he'd eventually smash her. However, once he's starts rampaging around doing his Hulk thing, he will smash, and smash Faora HARD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy61Va1L4cM

Hulk is fast ill give him that but Faora was moving on a whole other level of speed when she attacked the army troops in smallville and she's strong enough to knuckle up with Superman.. her most important asset is her combat skill, she made Kal look like a fool when he tried to fight her 1 v 1 and shed do the same to Hulk as well.

Silent Master
At least you've dropped your ridiculous argument about Faora's punches being able to replicate the effects of mind control and turn Hulk mindless. Should I assume that you finally watched the movies and noticed that not once did getting hit cause him to go mindless or did you just realize how silly your argument was?

Nibedicus
I say Faora 6/10.

Hulk has the strength and durability. Faora has the speed, skill and mobility with enough punching power to hurt Hulk. She dances around him til she tires him out.

Although if she fights cocky like she did in MoS, she gets puny god'd.

Placidity
Hulk not fast enough to tag Blonsky. Faora is much faster.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Placidity

To be fair, the Avengers Hulk functioned at a whole 'nuther level compared to the Hulk 2 version.

relentless1
TIH is still MCU canon, so his showings there lower his average id say

Nibedicus
Newest showings always outprioritize older ones (power creep). It's not about averages. One can always infer that he got more powerful as he learned to control his abilities (w/c actually fits the story progression).

NemeBro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy61Va1L4cM None of those speed feats are a hundredth as good as Faora's or the people she's fought.

Oh, and Faora contended with someone faster, stronger, and more durable than Hulk in Superman.

StealthRanger
TIH is still MCU canon, so his showings there lower his average id say

"Average" being a fancy pseudo-synonym for "ignoring anything that doesn't fit within my extremely thin preconceived notions of their power levels and makes them more powerful than I think they should be!"

Placidity
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Newest showings always outprioritize older ones (power creep). It's not about averages. One can always infer that he got more powerful as he learned to control his abilities (w/c actually fits the story progression).

Perhaps, but his speed hasn't really improved that much.

Maybe I'm not remembering his feats, but strength hasn't got that large a boost either apart from the Leviathan punch. I mean he was already pretty boss in the Incredible Hulk. Personally, I rate Abomination quite highly. There's nothing new since then (that I can remember) which would make me think that Norton Hulk couldn't replicate.

On another note, you know what's disappointing? Thor never really showing anything again on the level of his lightning smash he did in the first movie. I mean I gave him more respect for being able to hang in there against the Hulk physically, but I'd rather see him doing more stuff like this:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11115/111158530/4917573-0313190748-giphy.gif

Nibedicus
Originally posted by NemeBro
None of those speed feats are a hundredth as good as Faora's or the people she's fought.

Oh, and Faora contended with someone faster, stronger, and more durable than Hulk in Superman.

Superman is def faster than Hulk but I'd like to see MoS Superman's strength/durability "feats" that put him clearly above Avengers Hulk.

Nibedicus
Perhaps, but his speed hasn't really improved that much.

Maybe I'm not remembering his feats, but strength hasn't got that large a boost either apart from the Leviathan punch. I mean he was already pretty boss in the Incredible Hulk. Personally, I rate Abomination quite highly. There's nothing new since then (that I can remember) which would make me think that Norton Hulk couldn't replicate.

On another note, you know what's disappointing? Thor never really showing anything again on the level of his lightning smash he did in the first movie. I mean I gave him more respect for being able to hang in there against the Hulk physically, but I'd rather see him doing more stuff like this:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11115/111158530/4917573-0313190748-giphy.gif

I mean there was def power creep in Avengers Hulk.

Heck, easily the most quantifiable buff would be the Jet fire incident. The F-35 (IIRC it was a F35) peppered Hulk with it's gun pod (w/c would be a GAU 22 25mm, a smaller version of the A-10's 30mm cannon). In Hulk 2, Abom was clearly portrayed as the more durable of the two. Yet the M134's 7.62mm rounds were hurting him enough for him to try and avoid it. You went from small miniguns = "owch!" to aircraft anti-armor rounds = "is some one tapping me on the shoulder"-level durability. Huuuge diff between a GAU 22's and a M134's rounds.

That's just one example.

Placidity
I mean there was def power creep in Avengers Hulk.

Heck, easily the most quantifiable buff would be the Jet fire incident. The F-35 (IIRC it was a F35) peppered Hulk with it's gun pod (w/c would be a GAU 22 25mm, a smaller version of the A-10's 30mm cannon). In Hulk 2, Abom was clearly portrayed as the more durable of the two. Yet the M134's 7.62mm rounds were hurting him enough for him to try and avoid it. You went from small miniguns = "owch!" to aircraft anti-armor rounds = "is some one tapping me on the shoulder"-level durability. Huuuge diff between a GAU 22's and a M134's rounds.

That's just one example.

Ok, I can appreciate stuff like that, but still seems minor in the scheme of things (IMO) because you really have to notice the details. This is something a fan may notice, but may not be something the writer even gave thought to.

Plus, Abomination can tank the rounds that were being fired from the chopper. I was just re-watching the scene earlier (2:58):

GWRFUcdCa6A

Maybe he avoids it because he doesn't want to get shot in the eyes. And Hulk could withstand .50 BMG rounds earlier, but its true he wasn't comfortable getting hit (he was blocking it with metal plates, but still getting hit without wounds). I agree Avengers Hulk seemed to "tank" the 25mm better than the .50, but he still wasn't completely unaffected, e.g he shields his face with his hands.

That said, you are right, his durability is discernibly higher (I wouldn't say substantially), but strength has not increased proportionally (again, apart from Leviathan Punch). I am sure there is something I'm forgetting though, Hulk should have a lot more feats now...

golem370
It should matter if he has the angier he gets the stronger he gets in Hulk two he really didn't want to fight Abom until Betty was in trouble then he really got angry and started getting stronger. Avengers 1 pain caused the first transformation the second was a focused anger and in 2 he varied degrees on anger. He would have to have a good reason fight to send over the deep end to win.

Nibedicus
Ok, I can appreciate stuff like that, but still seems minor in the scheme of things (IMO) because you really have to notice the details. This is something a fan may notice, but may not be something the writer even gave thought to.

Plus, Abomination can tank the rounds that were being fired from the chopper. I was just re-watching the scene earlier (2:58):

GWRFUcdCa6A

Maybe he avoids it because he doesn't want to get shot in the eyes. And Hulk could withstand .50 BMG rounds earlier, but its true he wasn't comfortable getting hit (he was blocking it with metal plates, but still getting hit without wounds). I agree Avengers Hulk seemed to "tank" the 25mm better than the .50, but he still wasn't completely unaffected, e.g he shields his face with his hands.

That said, you are right, his durability is discernibly higher (I wouldn't say substantially), but strength has not increased proportionally (again, apart from Leviathan Punch). I am sure there is something I'm forgetting though, Hulk should have a lot more feats now...

He wouldn't have been shot in the eye, tho. He was climbing the building and they could only really shoot him in the back unless he turned his head.

You're right. My memory of the Hulk fight was kinda spotty and that may well have been a GAU 19 (w/c uses .50 BMG rounds) and not a M134. Still, a GAU 19's .50 cal rounds (converted to around 13mm) still has much less punching power compared to a GAU 22's 25mm rounds which were designed for anti-armor. I'm no ballistics expert but I believe the size and nature of the F-35's rounds would mean that they would have many times the muzzle energy (aka punching power) and penetrating power (as GAU 22's carry either armor piercing inc or high explosive inc rounds along with the tracers) rounds than the chopper's mounted gun. And the casual nature of how Hulk just tanked those rounds like they were literally nothing (notice the initial hits, Hulk didn't show any pain whatsoever, his face barely showed annoyance) kinda shows the enormous durability creep involved for the Avengers movie.

2:52 onwards

8e0kli1Rph8

Heck, it took him a full 2 seconds to even realize he was being shot in the back.

Nibedicus
I looked it up (I might be wrong as I only cursory research), a GAU 19's .50 BMG rounds would have a muzzle energy of around 15k joules. A GAU 22's 25mm rounds around 100k joules. An A-10 would be hitting for over 200k joules.

Edit. Calculation was off. Redid. Still need someone to validate as I'm no expert in ballistics. stick out tongue

Another thing to note is that the GAU 22 has a firing rate of about 3300 rounds per minute and the pilot peppered Hulk for close to 10 seconds (which is funny cuz the F-35 gunpod can only really carry enough rounds for 4 seconds of continuous firing). Which means he probably nailed Hulk with over a hundred rounds easily.

quanchi112
Originally posted by golem370
It should matter if he has the angier he gets the stronger he gets in Hulk two he really didn't want to fight Abom until Betty was in trouble then he really got angry and started getting stronger. Avengers 1 pain caused the first transformation the second was a focused anger and in 2 he varied degrees on anger. He would have to have a good reason fight to send over the deep end to win. He doesn't need a good reason to beat Faora. He is far stronger and can take whatever she can dish out.

FrothByte

Yes but Faora is not as agile as Blonsky. We also don't know how fast Faora's reflexes are. It's one thing to be the initiator of a movement, quite another to be the one reacting.

relentless1
Yes but Faora is not as agile as Blonsky. We also don't know how fast Faora's reflexes are. It's one thing to be the initiator of a movement, quite another to be the one reacting.

she was able to react quite easily when Superman rushed her and his blitz speed was faster than Blonskys charging at Hulk if I recall. Also she easily parried and dropped Kal when he tried to club her out, her skill set hasn't really been addressed by the pro Hulk side either,; she's clearly a well seasoned hand to hand combatant and that will play the biggest factor in her fight against Hulk.

Silent Master
Why didn't she use her mind control powered punches when fighting Superman?

KuRuPT Thanosi
None of those speed feats are a hundredth as good as Faora's or the people she's fought.

As I showed in another thread. Faora only displayed super h2h combat speed while on the ground. Never did she display said speed while jumping nor flying. Even Zod never displayed any super speed punching while in the air. Name with Nam, when he and superman were exchanging in the air. Which could mean one of two things :

1. Faora can only fight at that speed while on the ground.

2. When it appeared THAT fast, was against regular humans. That's when her super speed was on display the most and accentuated the most. Even while on the ground in the IHOP against Supes, she did appear fast and made fast movement. Just didn't seem as fast nor as pronounce. We could've very well been seeing things from a human perspective when up against the soldiers

Further, it's literally laughable to call Superman more durable than the Hulk, I honestly can't take that seriously. Supes was VISIBLY affected by the 50 cal. shots.. it visibly shook him and moved him. He was KOed on 3 for sure occasions

1. Oil Rig
2. Faora and Nam temp KO'd him
3. WE
4. We could visually argue that Faora temp KO'd him in their IHOP encounter. When she slams him on the ground, he isn't moving and his eyes are shut. The reasons it's up for debate is because she quickly throws him. But again he appeared limp even when picked up. That is 3 or 4 instances of him being KO'd in one movie.

In all of Hulk's movies, even the current one. his track record shits all over Superman's. Literally a poop ensues. He's taken military fire to better effect, hammer shots and blows in general from another super powered being without being KO'd, long distance falls, hits from Abom (another super strong powered being). I could go on and on. An notion trying to pretend Zod, Superman or Faora are more durable than Hulk is a joke.

Hulk would absolutely eventually tag Faora and precede to beat the ever loving crap out of her. This is a non fight. It's only a fight if Hulk just tries to stand there and go h2h like a boxer. Sure, then she appears great, but even then eventually he'll tag her and it's game over then. The reality is, he'd try that at first, get slapped around a bit, get pissed and proceed to go ape crazy and give her the punk god treatment.

I could get into strength, because again, neither of them are stronger than Hulk. That is a total and butchery of the characters and what they bring to the table. It's plain being disingenuous. Hulk is stronger than any single Kryptonian, and to be frank, it's not all that close when Hulk really gets pissed. Again, it's a poop type of situation. I love the lengths some peope are going to try and have Faora wins. She's stronger and more durable BWHAHAHAHAH. Jesus H. Christ.

Hulk Smash, with minor difficulty

FrothByte
she was able to react quite easily when Superman rushed her and his blitz speed was faster than Blonskys charging at Hulk if I recall. Also she easily parried and dropped Kal when he tried to club her out, her skill set hasn't really been addressed by the pro Hulk side either,; she's clearly a well seasoned hand to hand combatant and that will play the biggest factor in her fight against Hulk.

True she did evade Superman's charge, twice. But then again, that was a single attack. Blonsky was evading multiple hits from Hulk. Again, not saying Blonsky is faster than Faora, merely more agile. I can't quite see Faora jumping around like that avoiding Hulk's hits.

I just think it's silly to think that Hulk won't eventually be able to hit Faora. She's fast but not that fast. After all Superman seemed to be delivering non-superspeed punches at her.

I maintain my stance that Faora wins this 10/10 unless she has her mask weakness. Then her chances drop to 6/10.

Robtard
The Kpyrtonian battl-suits are very durable, so I doubt Hulk would destroy her mask in one punch should he land a hit to her fase, especially if she opts to revert it from transparent-mode to full armor mode. The mask appear to have three modes: full armor, partial and full transparent. Even at full transparency it's still very durable.

Nam-Ek kept his fully armoured while fighting and there's a few instances where we see Faora's fully armoured.

Juk3n
Ironman Knocked Hulk the **** out with a suit that was falling to pieces throughout the entire fight.

What Faora did to Clark was comparible, Kryptonians are simply made of tougher stuff than IM or Hulk.

FrothByte
LoL. Hulkbuster and Hulk had a knockdown brawl and both were repeatedly battered by each other. Faora had a very brief scuffle with Superman in comparison.

Don't get me wrong, I think Faora wins but it will be due to speed and fighting ability, not durability.

draxx_tOfU
Faora due to speed and strength.

carver9
Originally posted by Juk3n
Ironman Knocked Hulk the **** out with a suit that was falling to pieces throughout the entire fight.

What Faora did to Clark was comparible, Kryptonians are simply made of tougher stuff than IM or Hulk.

Ironman koed Hulk with a surprise attack. Get it right.

Hulk wins by the way unless you have some strength fts for Faora. We don't ft share here.

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by carver9
Ironman koed Hulk with a surprise attack. Get it right.

Hulk wins by the way unless you have some strength fts for Faora. We don't ft share here. Lets play your game.

Show me MCU Hulk tagging somebody as fast as Faora, bro.

carver9
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Lets play your game.

Show me MCU Hulk tagging somebody as fast as Faora, bro.

How fast is Faora?

Adam Grimes
How fast is Faora? See the scene when she blitzes the soldiers, Superman etc. Has Hulk ever fought someone with that level of combat speed?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Juk3n

What Faora did to Clark was comparible, Kryptonians are simply made of tougher stuff than IM or Hulk. Knians are weaker than Hulkbuster or the Hulk. Superman was stunned/ko'd by one laser.

Hulk also wasn't paying attention.

carver9
See the scene when she blitzes the soldiers, Superman etc. Has Hulk ever fought someone with that level of combat speed?

How fast were she going when she blitzed those soldiers? I'm trying to answer your question, you're not helping me here. In regards to Superman, do I honestly need to name everything that has tagged him? Loki caught an arrow while being blind sided by it with ease and he still couldn't perceive Hulk. So help me understand the level of combat speed Faora blitz at.

carver9
Originally posted by quanchi112
Knians are weaker than Hulkbuster or the Hulk. Superman was stunned/ko'd by one laser.

Hulk also wasn't paying attention.

Superman was also koed by an oil tanker falling on him and nearly dropped by Zod hitting him across the face with a thick pole.

quanchi112
Superman was also koed by an oil tanker falling on him and nearly dropped by Zod hitting him across the face with a thick pole. Preaching to the choir. Superman was pathetic in this film.

Adam Grimes
How fast were she going when she blitzed those soldiers? I'm trying to answer your question, you're not helping me here. In regards to Superman, do I honestly need to name everything that has tagged him? Loki caught an arrow while being blind sided by it with ease and he still couldn't perceive Hulk. So help me understand the level of combat speed Faora blitz at. Do you really believe the reason Loki didn't stop Hulk's attack was because Hulk was too fast for him? Lol.

Nibedicus
As durability "feats" go. The closest quantifiable comparison between Ktonian's and the Hulk would be how they dealt with aircraft fire.

An A-10 GAU 8 30mm round hits at about over 200k joules (need to someone to validate my math tho) and a single pass (looked like multiple hits tho, like 3-4 at least) knocked Nam Ek (the bigger, stronger and I'm assuming tougher Ktonian) on his butt, made him go "Urrrrh! Ugh!!" and kept him down on his knees for over 10 seconds.

http://youtu.be/Uwgv5FayZD8

(0:25-0:38)

By comparison. Hulk took at least a hundred rounds if not hundreds of rounds from 10 seconds worth of continuous fire from a F-35 GAU 22 whose 25mm rounds hits for about 100k joules (again, math check pls). Funny thing is, F-35's only really carry enough ammo for 3-4 seconds of continuous fire. :-p but eh, movie physics. He took it like it was literally nothing. Like spitballs at best.

(See clip/timestamps I posted earlier)

carver9
Do you really believe the reason Loki didn't stop Hulk's attack was because Hulk was too fast for him? Lol.

Hulk got to him during mid sentence. It's obvious Loki was blitzed.

Adam Grimes
Hulk got to him during mid sentence. It's obvious Loki was blitzed. Loki was distracted giving his speech to try and intimidate him, Hulk took advantage of that and attacked him mid sentence.

Thanks for clarifying that, bro.

quanchi112
Carver, deep down DC fans shit bricks when they think of the Hulk.

carver9
Loki was distracted giving his speech to try and intimidate him, Hulk took advantage of that and attacked him mid sentence.

Thanks for clarifying that, bro.

Loki was looking right at him when he blitzed though. He had enough time to dodge the attack if he was fast enough but he didn't even see it coming. It's not like Loki was looking away from Hulk when it happened. He was looking right at him. Distraction doesn't have a thing to do with him not countering Hulk blitz. He just didn't perceive it.

Time-Immemorial
Hulk speed blitz, who are you fooling?

FrothByte
Ok people, both sides are exaggerating a bit too much now. Faora is fast but let's not pretend she was speed blitzing all over the place. It's definitely possible for Hulk to land hits on her... though not many. It was easy for her to blitz those humans because all it took to down them was one punch. I'm not sure what one of her punches will do to Hulk.

But also, Hulk never speed blitzed Loki. Loki was distracted and was completely not expecting the attack. That's called being caught by surprise, not speed blitz.

Nibedicus
To be fair, tho. Faora is the type to give speeches mid-fight. And she doesn't seem very adept at escaping grabs/grapples.

I can actually imagine Hulk puny godding her once or twice.

carver9
Ok people, both sides are exaggerating a bit too much now. Faora is fast but let's not pretend she was speed blitzing all over the place. It's definitely possible for Hulk to land hits on her... though not many. It was easy for her to blitz those humans because all it took to down them was one punch. I'm not sure what one of her punches will do to Hulk.

But also, Hulk never speed blitzed Loki. Loki was distracted and was completely not expecting the attack. That's called being caught by surprise, not speed blitz.

So Loki wasn't expecting a guy that just punched him through a building to attack? He was easily able to detect a blind side arrow from hitting him when he wasn't looking but he didn't expect a 2000 pound raging monster (that he previously used to attack the avengers) to attack him. Get out of here with that.

TheVaultDweller
With the mask weakness I'd give it to Hulk. Without it, I'd go with Faora.

FrothByte
So Loki wasn't expecting a guy that just punched him through a building to attack? He was easily able to detect a blind side arrow from hitting him when he wasn't looking but he didn't expect a 2000 pound raging monster (that he previously used to attack the avengers) to attack him. Get out of here with that.

When you're expecting someone to attack you, do you just stand there talking with your arms down and throw a tantrum? Common sense man, common sense.

Nibedicus
When you're expecting someone to attack you, do you just stand there talking with your arms down and throw a tantrum? Common sense man, common sense.

Loki probably considered the possibility that the Hulk would attack him. At the same time, his overconfident monologing placed him in a more vulnerable position making the grab easier for Hulk.

Essentially, (IMO) you're both right to a degree.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I love how nobody, not a single person can address the points I've brought up. I'd say that is the most telling thing here. I can easily address each point up brought by the Faora side, and yet nobody can do the same for my points. That speaks volumes about how convincingly Hulk wins this fight. It's lopsided to frank.

Notice how I haven't even address Faora's constant examples to start to monologue. It's par for the course. Just using that makes this fight all the more easy.

All the Faora people can do is keep saying the same stuff that simply isn't true. She's too fast.. too durable and too strong. Literally NONE of that is true. Hulk is stronger and more durable and EASILY so. Faora gets destroyed here

Nibedicus
See the scene when she blitzes the soldiers, Superman etc. Has Hulk ever fought someone with that level of combat speed?

Gave it a little thought. The closest quick-reaction I can remember Hulk having is not the Loki beatdown. It would actually be his ejector seat grab. According to wiki (someone pls check my facts, don't know how accurate I am) these seats can accelerate as fast as 117-137 m/s2.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ejection_seat

And Hulk (being in a mindless rage, thus not anticipating the ejection) plucked it in mid air pretty easily.

NemeBro
Yes but Faora is not as agile as Blonsky. laughing out loud

Time-Immemorial
I love how nobody, not a single person can address the points I've brought up. I'd say that is the most telling thing here. I can easily address each point up brought by the Faora side, and yet nobody can do the same for my points. That speaks volumes about how convincingly Hulk wins this fight. It's lopsided to frank.

Notice how I haven't even address Faora's constant examples to start to monologue. It's par for the course. Just using that makes this fight all the more easy.

All the Faora people can do is keep saying the same stuff that simply isn't true. She's too fast.. too durable and too strong. Literally NONE of that is true. Hulk is stronger and more durable and EASILY so. Faora gets destroyed here

Your assumption of monologue in this fight with Hulk is misplaced.

First of all, monologue in these fights has never been a part of vs matches.

Secondly if you want to say it is, then why? Because the monologue between her and Kal El are part of the story and she is taunting him with political speeches and such.

Assuming that she would try to engage in monologue with Hulk will never happen. Because the only people that have tried to reason with him like Thor and Ironman are trying to calm him down.

Thirdly, she can speed blitz and jump around him with ease, he has never fought someone as fast or as strong as her.

As far as saying she is not fast enough, I have trouble understanding why you think this.

NemeBro
As I showed in another thread. Faora only displayed super h2h combat speed while on the ground. Never did she display said speed while jumping nor flying. Even Zod never displayed any super speed punching while in the air. Name with Nam, when he and superman were exchanging in the air. Which could mean one of two things :

1. Faora can only fight at that speed while on the ground.

2. When it appeared THAT fast, was against regular humans. That's when her super speed was on display the most and accentuated the most. Even while on the ground in the IHOP against Supes, she did appear fast and made fast movement. Just didn't seem as fast nor as pronounce. We could've very well been seeing things from a human perspective when up against the soldiers

Further, it's literally laughable to call Superman more durable than the Hulk, I honestly can't take that seriously. Supes was VISIBLY affected by the 50 cal. shots.. it visibly shook him and moved him. He was KOed on 3 for sure occasions

1. Oil Rig
2. Faora and Nam temp KO'd him
3. WE
4. We could visually argue that Faora temp KO'd him in their IHOP encounter. When she slams him on the ground, he isn't moving and his eyes are shut. The reasons it's up for debate is because she quickly throws him. But again he appeared limp even when picked up. That is 3 or 4 instances of him being KO'd in one movie.

In all of Hulk's movies, even the current one. his track record shits all over Superman's. Literally a poop ensues. He's taken military fire to better effect, hammer shots and blows in general from another super powered being without being KO'd, long distance falls, hits from Abom (another super strong powered being). I could go on and on. An notion trying to pretend Zod, Superman or Faora are more durable than Hulk is a joke.

Hulk would absolutely eventually tag Faora and precede to beat the ever loving crap out of her. This is a non fight. It's only a fight if Hulk just tries to stand there and go h2h like a boxer. Sure, then she appears great, but even then eventually he'll tag her and it's game over then. The reality is, he'd try that at first, get slapped around a bit, get pissed and proceed to go ape crazy and give her the punk god treatment.

I could get into strength, because again, neither of them are stronger than Hulk. That is a total and butchery of the characters and what they bring to the table. It's plain being disingenuous. Hulk is stronger than any single Kryptonian, and to be frank, it's not all that close when Hulk really gets pissed. Again, it's a poop type of situation. I love the lengths some peope are going to try and have Faora wins. She's stronger and more durable BWHAHAHAHAH. Jesus H. Christ.

Hulk Smash, with minor difficulty A pretty long post that says literally nothing.

Faora only fought that fast on the ground because she can't fly. Did you even watch the movie (I can't blame you if you didn't)? You seem to be asking for feats of Faora fighting that fast while flying, but she can't fly. Luckily for her, neither can Hulk.

Meanwhile, Superman has much better top end durability feats like tanking the World Engine's blast (which flattened skyscrapers) and surviving going through the World Engine itself, which had enough energy to terraform the planet.

Meanwhile, Hulk gets held down by continuous Chitauri fire.

Superman could be moved and feel .50 caliber rounds. They couldn't hurt him. Zod couldn't even really hurt him.

The oil rig is an irrelevant feat, considering he canonically grew more powerful as he discovered his powers.

Faora is easily knocking Hulk out in this thread, so being KO'd by her (I don't really remember this to be honest) isn't bad.

And the World Engine feat is beyond anything the weak MCU Hulk has done.

No, you're just biased and want your big green boyfriend to be stronger than he is.

This isn't even counting what looks to be a feat in the new film where he tanks Doomsday's heat vision that completely obliterates several city blocks (he was side by side with Diana, so he wasn't protected like Bruce was).

It's funny, that you seem so opposed to Superman being more durable than Hulk, when Hulk is the one who has been visibly injured from superpowered fights (and even more mundane shit).

No, Faora can easily match Hulk's strength. She vastly exceeds his speed and fighting ability.

Hulk thinks slower than Faora moves.

Faora isn't really stronger or more durable. But Clark is. thumb up

World Engine boyo.

NemeBro
he still couldn't perceive Hulk. laughing out loud

NemeBro
As durability "feats" go. The closest quantifiable comparison between Ktonian's and the Hulk would be how they dealt with aircraft fire.

An A-10 GAU 8 30mm round hits at about over 200k joules (need to someone to validate my math tho) and a single pass (looked like multiple hits tho, like 3-4 at least) knocked Nam Ek (the bigger, stronger and I'm assuming tougher Ktonian) on his butt, made him go "Urrrrh! Ugh!!" and kept him down on his knees for over 10 seconds.

http://youtu.be/Uwgv5FayZD8

(0:25-0:38)

By comparison. Hulk took at least a hundred rounds if not hundreds of rounds from 10 seconds worth of continuous fire from a F-35 GAU 22 whose 25mm rounds hits for about 100k joules (again, math check pls). Funny thing is, F-35's only really carry enough ammo for 3-4 seconds of continuous fire. :-p but eh, movie physics. He took it like it was literally nothing. Like spitballs at best.

(See clip/timestamps I posted earlier) The Kryptonians were never injured by gunfire, but they could be knocked around by it.

It's almost like Hulk is heavier than all the Kryptonians put together.

NemeBro

But also, Hulk never speed blitzed Loki. Loki was distracted and was completely not expecting the attack. That's called being caught by surprise, not speed blitz. It's only a surprise attack if it happened to Hulk.

NemeBro

All the Faora people can do is keep saying the same stuff that simply isn't true. She's too fast.. too durable and too strong. Literally NONE of that is true. Hulk is stronger and more durable and EASILY so. Faora gets destroyed here Don't flatter yourself. I'm just the only person with the patience to address your verbal ejaculation.

You're bad and you should feel bad. thumb up

Nibedicus
The Kryptonians were never injured by gunfire, but they could be knocked around by it.

It's almost like Hulk is heavier than all the Kryptonians put together.

They felt pain. Stunned Nam Ek for a good 10 seconds. That is very telling.

Time-Immemorial
Very telling about what exactly?

Silent Master
I'm still waiting for relentless to explain how Faora's punches can replicate mind control.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Very telling about what exactly?

It's effects on the Kryptonian (Name Ek to be more precise). Tossed them. Caused them pain. Stunned for a while (10 seconds).

Means that they definitely were affected far more than Hulk was.

Time-Immemorial
You need to rewatch hulk to see how much he was affected by military weapons. It was a lot...they actually ripped his skin apart. Unlike the kryptonians where it just knocked them back.

Darth Thor

thumb up

Nibedicus
You need to rewatch hulk to see how much he was affected by military weapons. It was a lot...they actually ripped his skin apart. Unlike the kryptonians where it just knocked them back.

Older versions of Hulk. He's since had a power creep from his older versions. You can ignore this fact if you want but that would simply make your argument disingenuous.

If you can provide post Avengers, tho, I would be inclined to agree with you.

And let's not downplay what happened to Nam Ek. Knockback, pain (by his crying out in pain) and 10 seconds on his knees. I can support all this with timestamps (w/c I already did).

Time-Immemorial
So he got knocked down, then got right back up and killed the people without any sweat.

Arguing which version of hulk is pretty disingenuous as its canon fact that they are all the same hulk.

Your still trying to say that some how Nam was crippled and seriously hurt.

That is simply not the case.

Adam Grimes
Gave it a little thought. The closest quick-reaction I can remember Hulk having is not the Loki beatdown. It would actually be his ejector seat grab. According to wiki (someone pls check my facts, don't know how accurate I am) these seats can accelerate as fast as 117-137 m/s2.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ejection_seat

And Hulk (being in a mindless rage, thus not anticipating the ejection) plucked it in mid air pretty easily. That's just an interpretation tbh.

Also, we don't know if Hulk was expecting it or not because of the camera used for that specific scene. Nevermind, when we see Hulk he's already facing in the pilot's direction.

Adam Grimes
Older versions of Hulk. He's since had a power creep from his older versions. You can ignore this fact if you want but that would simply make your argument disingenuous.

If you can provide post Avengers, tho, I would be inclined to agree with you.

And let's not downplay what happened to Nam Ek. Knockback, pain (by his crying out in pain) and 10 seconds on his knees. I can support all this with timestamps (w/c I already did). Nam Ek isn't in this thread, and there's no way to compare his durability with the other kryp's.

Like Carver said, we don't share feats.

Time-Immemorial
Nam Ek isn't in this thread, and there's no way to compare his durability with the other kryp's.

#Boom

Surtur
To be fair, the Avengers Hulk functioned at a whole 'nuther level compared to the Hulk 2 version.

But what did Hulk do in the Avengers movie to make you think his speed has increased?

Originally posted by quanchi112
Superman was stunned/ko'd by one laser.

A laser from a Kryptonian spaceship it needs to be pointed out. Being stunned by advanced tech isn't necessarily a bad feat.

Nibedicus
Nam Ek isn't in this thread, and there's no way to compare his durability with the other kryp's.

If you would have read my posts, you'd know that my argument was not to determine Faora's durability. It was to quantify Hulk's.

Nibedicus
So he got knocked down, then got right back up and killed the people without any sweat.

Arguing which version of hulk is pretty disingenuous as its canon fact that they are all the same hulk.

Your still trying to say that some how Nam was crippled and seriously hurt.

That is simply not the case.

We also take character growth/upgrades when we establish their upper limits when we debate. The same reason that keeps us from using teenage Clark or flightless Zod when debating said characters.

Never said Nam Ek was crippled don't strawman me now. I said exactly what I said. That Nam Ek got badly knocked back, cried out in pain ang got stunned for 10 seconds. My whole line of reasoning is to create a comparative between how much it affected Hulk vs how much it affected Nam Ek.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Surtur
But what did Hulk do in the Avengers movie to make you think his speed has increased?

A laser from a Kryptonian spaceship it needs to be pointed out. Being stunned by advanced tech isn't necessarily a bad feat.

Never said Hulk got faster, just that he functioned at different levels between movies. I did point out hos ejector grab "feat" tho.

Adam Grimes
If you would have read my posts, you'd know that my argument was not to determine Faora's durability. It was to quantify Hulk's. Well, how does Nam Ek being knocked down and 'screaming in pain' help you quantify Hulk's durability?

Or better put, how is that relevant to this fight?

Time-Immemorial
We also take character growth/upgrades when we establish their upper limits when we debate. The same reason that keeps us from using teenage Clark or flightless Zod when debating said characters.

Never said Nam Ek was crippled don't strawman me now. I said exactly what I said. That Nam Ek got badly knocked back, cried out in pain ang got stunned for 10 seconds. My whole line of reasoning is to create a comparative between how much it affected Hulk vs how much it affected Nam Ek.

Again your making him being knocked down a big deal..Thats like saying when Loki kicked Thor and he made him grunt and he was hurt..which he wasn't. Now when Loki stabbed Thor and he was bleeding, yes he was hurt.

Lets drop these "hurt" games here and now.

Time-Immemorial
Well, how does Nam Ek being knocked down and 'screaming in pain' help you quantify Hulk's durability?

"screaming in pain"laughing out loud

Nibedicus
Soon as my power comes back I'll reply. I apologize for the short/rushed replies. Posting on my phone and it suuux.

Time-Immemorial
Its not going to override what I said, you are downplaying times when MCU characters have been hurt by your definition, and now up playing being knocked down as being hurt and making a noise or "screaming in pain" as you call it which is another fiction.

I know what game you are playing its not going to work with me.

Cheers

FrothByte
I find it weird how pro-kryptonians like to dismiss Clark getting KO'd by the oil rig by saying he got stronger. As far as we can tell, he learned to fly but there's no indication he actually got stronger or more durable. If the only basis we have is that he accomplished more impressive feats later on in the movie then we can also say that Hulk increased strength and durability in the MCU, simply because his feats in the latter movies were better than his feats in the Incredible Hulk.

Time-Immemorial
Not one person here said he got more durable..obviously he got stronger. Why are you so hard nosed about this? His durability made him be able to survive anything.

FrothByte
Not one person here said he got more durable..obviously he got stronger. Why are you so hard nosed about this? His durability made him be able to survive anything.

Well, I assume that if you are dismissing him getting knocked out by the oil rig then you mean his durability increased. Because strength itself does not stop you from getting KO'd, that's durability.

As for being "hard nosed" as you put it, the reason I contest it is because there's no hard evidence of him actually increasing in strength or durability. If the only proof you have is "he did more impressive feats later on in the movie" then you need to apply the same logic to Hulk (and basically every superhero or action hero out there) who accomplished more impressive feats in latter movies than his first one.

Time-Immemorial
You never actually give DCU a equal view, its always slated to MCU which is obviously your favorite so you really reek of bias

Myself I like Marvel and DC equally, maybe Marvel more, but I know when I see a superior character and the kryptonian showings is stronger then Hulk, Kurse and Thor.

If being temporary ko'd after having a oil rig falling on you is your winning argument, please keep using it, because after all you been using the same bullshit for the past 3 years. Its pretty sad you can't move on. I never considered hundreds of feet of steel collapsing on someone and not having a scratch on them a low showing.

That said I really don't listen to much of your bias anymore because its gotten so bad I can barely deal with it.

FrothByte
You never actually give DCU a equal view, its always slated to MCU which is obviously your favorite so you really reek of bias

Myself I like Marvel and DC equally, maybe Marvel more, but I know when I see a superior character and the kryptonian showings is stronger then Hulk, Kurse and Thor.

If being temporary ko'd after having a oil rig falling on you is your winning argument, please keep using it, because after all you been using the same bullshit for the past 3 years. Its pretty sad you can't move on. I never considered hundreds of feet of steel collapsing on someone and not having a scratch on them a low showing.

That said I really don't listen to much of your bias anymore because its gotten so bad I can barely deal with it.

The person who resorts to personal insults is usually the person who has no reasonable response to give.

I've already said that Faora wins this 10/10 without her mask weakness. So I don't know where you're getting this "bias" accusation from.

I merely pointed out the double-standard of your stance, about how you want to give Superman the benefit of the doubt of improving due to better feats later on in the movie but are unwilling to do the same for Hulk.

So how about you drop all your "bias" accusations and just respond to it properly. Because let's face it, whenever a debate about MOS is brought up you will say anything just to get any character from MOS to win.

Adam Grimes
I find it weird how pro-kryptonians like to dismiss Clark getting KO'd by the oil rig by saying he got stronger. As far as we can tell, he learned to fly but there's no indication he actually got stronger or more durable. If the only basis we have is that he accomplished more impressive feats later on in the movie then we can also say that Hulk increased strength and durability in the MCU, simply because his feats in the latter movies were better than his feats in the Incredible Hulk. He felt from the atmosphere twice later on, the first time resulting in him crashing face first into a mountain. And He was hardly damaged by that.

That's if you don't want to count the WE/Mini black hole.

Soon as my power comes back I'll reply. I apologize for the short/rushed replies. Posting on my phone and it suuux. No prob mate. thumb up

Time-Immemorial
The person who resorts to personal insults is usually the person who has no reasonable response to give.

I've already said that Faora wins this 10/10 without her mask weakness. So I don't know where you're getting this "bias" accusation from.

I merely pointed out the double-standard of your stance, about how you want to give Superman the benefit of the doubt of improving due to better feats later on in the movie but are unwilling to do the same for Hulk.

So how about you drop all your "bias" accusations and just respond to it properly. Because let's face it, whenever a debate about MOS is brought up you will say anything just to get any character from MOS to win.

Point out the personal insults..

I never gave a double standard to the Hulk, if I did, mind pointing out where exactly?

I pointed out the fact that Hulk's skin has been pierced by military weapons, no krptonians ever has.

That is not a double standard at all.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Surtur

A laser from a Kryptonian spaceship it needs to be pointed out. Being stunned by advanced tech isn't necessarily a bad feat. We see alien tech in these films all the time. The tower wasn't alien tech. Superman is weak.

FrothByte
He felt from the atmosphere twice later on, the first time resulting in him crashing face first into a mountain. And He was hardly damaged by that.

That's if you don't want to count the WE/Mini black hole.

No prob mate. thumb up

True, but that was him in a semi-controlled fight. Plus he only had his own weight and momentum in that fall, not the weight of an oil rig.

Adam Grimes
True, but that was him in a semi-controlled fight. Plus he only had his own weight and momentum in that fall, not the weight of an oil rig. Well, it's still more impressive regardless.

quanchi112
Well, it's still more impressive regardless. Hulk still wins, regardless.

FrothByte
Well, it's still more impressive regardless.

It is, but him surviving the fall (to me anyway) seemed more a bit of circumstance than him actually increasing durability since the oil rig scene.

Time-Immemorial
How has Hulk shown more durability then the kryptonians who have never even been pierced, by anything..

Nibedicus
Well, how does Nam Ek being knocked down and 'screaming in pain' help you quantify Hulk's durability?

FINALLY! Power is back!

It creates a comparative between two characters encountering similar forces and how much it affected them.

Ergo, a character that is crying out in pain and brought the person to his knees for 10 seconds (in boxing, they would actually call this a KO, but I digress) was far more affected than the character who showed no discernible discomfort from encountering such forces.

And don't misrepresent what I said, now. I said "cried out" which is different from "screaming" in pain.

As for how it is relevant to this fight, let's take it one step at a time. My quantification of said "feat" was in response to someone saying that Kryptonians were made of tougher stuff than Hulk in which I showed comparable quantifiable "feats" between him and a Kryptonian.

Again your making him being knocked down a big deal..Thats like saying when Loki kicked Thor and he made him grunt and he was hurt..which he wasn't. Now when Loki stabbed Thor and he was bleeding, yes he was hurt.

Lets drop these "hurt" games here and now.

What exactly did I say that made it more of a deal than it is? Everything I am saying happened on screen. Yes, he got knocked down. Yes, he cried out in pain and yes, he was on his knees for 10 seconds plus.

I actually was VERY specific when I did not include the word "hurt" in my reply as I know the two of us have very different definitions of what "hurt" means. Thus I used "cried out in pain". Which happened on screen.

Its not going to override what I said, you are downplaying times when MCU characters have been hurt by your definition, and now up playing being knocked down as being hurt and making a noise or "screaming in pain" as you call it which is another fiction.

I know what game you are playing its not going to work with me.

Cheers

Dude, I never said "screaming". I said "cried out". Big difference. One is a prolonged loud cry, the other is a short sudden one. At least that's how I define it... You are more than free to give me a different word is there is one more apt however and I will gladly revise what I said.

If something I was dishonest and can be verified via timestamps, I would more than happily retract what I said. Just pls quote me and point out where I made the error.

Bottom line, I'm not trying to make this showing anything more than it is. I'm not saying that Nam Ek was badly hurt or injured. Just that, based on quantifiable visual cues, Hulk seemed to be affected far less than he was.

Nibedicus
That's just an interpretation tbh.

Also, we don't know if Hulk was expecting it or not because of the camera used for that specific scene. Nevermind, when we see Hulk he's already facing in the pilot's direction.

Oops, I missed this one (reread my posts to see if I used the word "screaming" and ended up seeing this).

Anyway, I'm more inclined to believe that a rage monster driven insane by rage hitting the side of the plane would not have the logical foresight to try and anticipate an ejector launch "just because". You are free to believe otherwise, however.

The last position Hulk was in prior to the ejector launch is him punching the side of the plane, not waiting for the ejector to launch. Regardless of how you see it, tho (whether he expected it or not), Hulk caught something accelerating at 117m/s2 at least.

Time-Immemorial
Screaming and cried out?

And what is the difference, your using them to try and paint the kryptonians weaker then they are, if you were not you would not be going through this big effort to even really talk about it.

I could easily say the hulk cries out in anger when he gets shot with hails of bullets, or that Thor runs and hides for cover in that case. But it really doesn't matter. Cause in the end bullets don't really effect them.

Getting hit with A-10 tank busting bullets and getting knocked down is not a low end showing.

Nibedicus
Screaming and cried out?

And what is the difference, your using them to try and paint the kryptonians weaker then they are, if you were not you would not be going through this big effort to even really talk about it.

I could easily say the hulk cries out in anger when he gets shot with hails of bullets, or that Thor runs and hides for cover in that case. But it really doesn't matter. Cause in the end bullets don't really effect them.

I mean, seriously, what did I say that was dishonest here? Everything I said happened via timestamps. You can interpret it however you want, but you cannot dispute what happened.

Sure you can go on ahead and say Hulk cries out in anger. I am not stopping you. And Thor DID run for cover (the same way I can say Faora ran away from the strafing run), no one is disputing that either.

Bullets affected him by knocking him back, making him cry out in pain and bringing him to his knees for 10 seconds. That is actually the very definition of something "having an effect".

Edit. Let's be very clear, tho. These are NOT normal bullets. These (in both the GAU 8 and the GAU 22) are API/HEI rounds fired by a very powerful aircraft mounted cannon designed to take out armor and I agree when you say this is NOT a low showings. And lowballing ppl was not my intention here.

Time-Immemorial
I don't think you were being dishonest

Nibedicus
I don't think you were being dishonest

Heh. Must have misinterpreted your intentions with your reply. Sorry bout that. Ok then. thumb up

KuRuPT Thanosi
Edit

carver9
I mean, seriously, what did I say that was dishonest here? Everything I said happened via timestamps. You can interpret it however you want, but you cannot dispute what happened.

Sure you can go on ahead and say Hulk cries out in anger. I am not stopping you. And Thor DID run for cover (the same way I can say Faora ran away from the strafing run), no one is disputing that either.

Bullets affected him by knocking him back, making him cry out in pain and bringing him to his knees for 10 seconds. That is actually the very definition of something "having an effect".

Edit. Let's be very clear, tho. These are NOT normal bullets. These (in both the GAU 8 and the GAU 22) are API/HEI rounds fired by a very powerful aircraft mounted cannon designed to take out armor and I agree when you say this is NOT a low showings. And lowballing ppl was not my intention here.

You forgot to add that Namek was armored up whn that happened and the bullets still affected him.

Time-Immemorial
Appears you know nothing about the Gauss Gun on the A-10.

Now sit down and shut up

carver9
Went completely over your head.

Time-Immemorial
No, physics went over yours.

KuRuPT Thanosi

Robtard
Question: How is it a "surprise attack" when the Hulk was fully aware he was battling IM and had been moments before he got KO'd?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Question: How is it a "surprise attack" when the Hulk was fully aware he was battling IM and had been moments before he got KO'd?

Surprised in the way you're thinking is the wrong term. What I mean is, he wasn't expecting that kind of attack. I'd be like me fighting a guy and him pulling out a UV grenade that blinds me (silly I know). Sure I was in a fight, and knew I was in a fight, doesn't mean I wasn't surprised by that attack. In each instance Clark was KO'd he knew what he was up against or feeling i.e. Oil Rig, punches from Faora and Nam, getting slammed by Faora, WE etc etc. He wasn't surprised by any of the attacks. What hit Hulk seemed to blinded him as he wasn't expecting that. That is how I meant surprise attack.

Let me ask you Rob, who has better durability, Hulk vs. Faora and Superman.. Rank them please.

Robtard
IM punched him, as he had been punching him many times before trying to KO the Hulk, remember Tony repeatedly saying "go to sleep" (or similar) while speed-punching Hulk?

Really not sure why there needs to be excuses for the Hulk being KO'd, he had a building come crashing down on him; that dazed him enough for a punch to finish it.

Kyptonians (at least Clark) are higher, him standing underneath the WE while being actively weakened isn't a low showing even if it took him out for a few moments. We see the power affecting his body but he's resisting.

Another is resisting the pull of a black hole. The Lois thing is obvious PIS, she was for plot reasons not affected, we see cars and large chunks of building being sucked up, yet she falls. We see the effects the gravity has on Clark's body, yet she is untouched. If we're arguing honestly and not doing silly lowballing or troll tactics to win.

KuRuPT Thanosi
It's okay with me if you want to count that as a KO, but the point is, he's still been KO'd less times and has better durability.

Ranking?

Adam Grimes
Oops, I missed this one (reread my posts to see if I used the word "screaming" and ended up seeing this).

Anyway, I'm more inclined to believe that a rage monster driven insane by rage hitting the side of the plane would not have the logical foresight to try and anticipate an ejector launch "just because". You are free to believe otherwise, however.

The last position Hulk was in prior to the ejector launch is him punching the side of the plane, not waiting for the ejector to launch. Regardless of how you see it, tho (whether he expected it or not), Hulk caught something accelerating at 117m/s2 at least. Fair enough I guess. Going by the visuals of both scenes Faora appeared to be far faster that the ejected pilot, though.

It is, but him surviving the fall (to me anyway) seemed more a bit of circumstance than him actually increasing durability since the oil rig scene. What do you mean with that?

FrothByte

What do you mean with that?

It's similar to why you can't tickle yourself despite doing the exact same thing someone else would do to tickle you.

Think of it this way, which is more painful: Punching through a 1 inch plank of wood or getting 1 inch plank of wood slammed on your fist?

Majority of high level martial artists have hardened their fists so that they can punch through slabs of concrete, but that's different from when you get a slab of concrete and smash it on their hands. They'll still feel pain from that and can get injured by it.

Point is, when you're the one initiating the action, you are better able to prepare yourself and your body for the consequences. In this case, Superman crashing on the mountainside was due to him messing up his flight but he was still the initiator of the action, whereas getting smashed by the oil rig wasn't him. Does this make sense?

If it still doesn't, just ask yourself. Would you rather headbutt someone or have someone headbutt you?

Adam Grimes
It's similar to why you can't tickle yourself despite doing the exact same thing someone else would do to tickle you.

Think of it this way, which is more painful: Punching through a 1 inch plank of wood or getting 1 inch plank of wood slammed on your fist?

Majority of high level martial artists have hardened their fists so that they can punch through slabs of concrete, but that's different from when you get a slab of concrete and smash it on their hands. They'll still feel pain from that and can get injured by it.

Point is, when you're the one initiating the action, you are better able to prepare yourself and your body for the consequences. In this case, Superman crashing on the mountainside was due to him messing up his flight but he was still the initiator of the action, whereas getting smashed by the oil rig wasn't him. Does this make sense?

If it still doesn't, just ask yourself. Would you rather headbutt someone or have someone headbutt you? That would imply some level of control. Why would he go face first or even crash at all if that was the case?

In regards to your analogy; a more appropriate one would be someone riding a bike for the first time and crashing into a car due to their inexperience. Do you think that just because you were riding the bike and the accident was your doing you would be just fine afterwards?

FrothByte
That would imply some level of control. Why would he go face first or even crash at all if that was the case?

In regards to your analogy; a more appropriate one would be someone riding a bike for the first time and crashing into a car due to their inexperience. Do you think that just because you were riding the bike and the accident was your doing you would be just fine afterwards?

Ok let's use your example. What would be more painful: You riding a bike, losing control then crashing into the car? Or you riding a bike when a car suddenly crashes into you?

quanchi112
Question: How is it a "surprise attack" when the Hulk was fully aware he was battling IM and had been moments before he got KO'd? He wasn't paying attention and didn't even know where IronMan was. He wasn't aware at all so being in a regular fight in which he has the field of vision to prepar to be hit, attack, etc. this isn't applicable to the environment of this thread.

Nibedicus

Getting hit while distracted tends to be extremely devestating in a fight. Silva KO'd Bisping (although the ref let it continue) on a momentary distraction. Imagine that level of distraction 100x.

Hulk was hit right after the he gained back his senses IIRC. When Wandas mindphuck of Hulk faded, Hulk was confronted by the realization of the destruction he's wrought and the fear and pain he's caused. Essentially the fading of the mindphuck plus the sudden scene of his actions and its results caused him to be discombobulated, confused and distracted and completely took his attention away from the fight.

quanchi112
Getting hit while distracted tends to be extremely devestating in a fight. Silva KO'd Bisping (although the ref let it continue) on a momentary distraction. Imagine that level of distraction 100x.

Hulk was hit right after the he gained back his senses IIRC. When Wandas mindphuck of Hulk faded, Hulk was confronted by the realization of the destruction he's wrought and the fear and pain he's caused. Essentially the fading of the mindphuck plus the sudden scene of his actions and its results caused him to be discombobulated, confused and distracted and completely took his attention away from the fight. thumb up

Nibedicus
Fair enough I guess. Going by the visuals of both scenes Faora appeared to be far faster that the ejected pilot, though.

Going thru Hulk "feats", his Ang Lee version does have the bullet swatting "feat". Tho I loathe to use Ang Lee Hulk "feats" so take this as you will.

http://youtu.be/RIf4nQ058LY

(3:25) he swatted a round fired from a Comanche attack helicopter's XM301 20mm cannon with a muzzle velocity of 1030 m/s.

(3:27) he did it again.

Nibedicus
Fair enough I guess. Going by the visuals of both scenes Faora appeared to be far faster that the ejected pilot, though.

Eegh. By posting the bullet swatting "feat" and thb visually confirming/reconfirming it, I realized I ran out of time to post an actual response to your point. I will do that now.

"Faster" would be a fair assesment IMO. But "far faster" I might disagree with. Appeances of speed are different depending on the angle where a shot is taken When watching F1 races, shots from the front/rear makes the cars look far slower than when you take the shots from the side (where you would just see them zip past).

I'm not a photographer so I don't have a word to describe or knowledge to quantify the phenomenon (or even means to verify if what I'm saying is correct), but that is just from personal experience.

Anyway, we don't really have to go by how things look for as long as we can quantify said "feats" via speed/accel.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Let's also consider that obviously exposure to Gamma radiation obviously increases a variety of abilities. This is not only common knowledge but common sense. Hulk clearly has heighted perception and reactions. To powerscale for a moment here, Abom literally had his back turned after a rocket was fired at him. Still was fast enough to turn around and grab the rocket mid air.

Now before we go, Oh well that's abom not Hulk, true, but that doesn't preclude Hulk from doing the same or better. In fact, we see the Hulk able to react just fine to Abom, and we don't see Abom appearing to be perceiving things faster or better than Hulk. They were very comparable. Thus, if Abom can do that, and Hulk can do things like catch Mjolnir mid air, we can certainly take the logical progression of Hulk could do that as well.

As mentioned above, in the Avengers Hulk caught a hammer throw with his hand. He was sent backwards as he's unable to lift it. However, that doesn't change the fact that he caught it mid air with his hand. That would take incredible speed and reactions to pull off. Shit, if we even brought up comics, we could see faster than light feats for his hammer. However, let's say we don't know excactly how fast, well, we know it's pretty damn fast.

Hulk would have NO issue with catching up to Faora at some point. It may not be right away, but he'd catch her, and when he does..... HULK SMASHHHHHH

Nibedicus
Going thru Hulk "feats", his Ang Lee version does have the bullet swatting "feat". Tho I loathe to use Ang Lee Hulk "feats" so take this as you will.

http://youtu.be/RIf4nQ058LY

(3:25) he swatted a round fired from a Comanche attack helicopter's XM301 20mm cannon with a muzzle velocity of 1030 m/s.

(3:27) he did it again.

Need to correct this. From more careful viewing (curse you for making me watch a scene from Ang Lee Hulk multiple times!), it looks like he swatted away rockets fired from their rocket subsystems.

AFAIK, FFAR rockets still have an effective speed of well over 600-700m/s (I think). Too lazy (and sick) to research this extensively for now, hoewever. Need someone to look into this, if possible. :-p

KuRuPT Thanosi
IM punched him, as he had been punching him many times before trying to KO the Hulk, remember Tony repeatedly saying "go to sleep" (or similar) while speed-punching Hulk?

Really not sure why there needs to be excuses for the Hulk being KO'd, he had a building come crashing down on him; that dazed him enough for a punch to finish it.

Kyptonians (at least Clark) are higher, him standing underneath the WE while being actively weakened isn't a low showing even if it took him out for a few moments. We see the power affecting his body but he's resisting.

Another is resisting the pull of a black hole. The Lois thing is obvious PIS, she was for plot reasons not affected, we see cars and large chunks of building being sucked up, yet she falls. We see the effects the gravity has on Clark's body, yet she is untouched. If we're arguing honestly and not doing silly lowballing or troll tactics to win.

See, this logic just makes no sense to me. Hulk has unquestionably better durability feats than any Kryptonian. I mean it's not even all that close. Think about it, the best way to compare individuals, is to compare them at comparable things or situations. In this case, it's gunfire, punches and structures collapsing. Those are the comparable things.

1. Military fire of all kinds. Here we see an edge in Hulk's favor. Dramatic, no, but it's there. He's simply taken fire better. The example of both Superman and Nam being visibly hurt, and even sent flying. We've seen Hulk take comparable fire from comparable sources and it hasn't bothered him. Just to throw Faora in there, since she's in the thread, she was KO'd by a missle. Sure she was a little vulnerable from her mask being exploited, but that likely didn't affect her durability much if at all. It affected her reactions, perceptions and thoughts, but not the actual concussive force of the missle. She was extra susceptible to that because of her mask. She was KO'd.

2. Punches - We see Hulk take shots from Superpowered beings with superpowered magical weapons. Abom, Thor and IM have whaled on him to almost no effect. Sure, he's been stunned and slightly hurt, but he's not KO'd (THe IM situation not withstanding as there was certainly lots of context there). In stark contrast, Kryptonians have been. Clark was KO'd by punches from Nam and Faora. He was likely KO'd by Faora another time from being body slammed. Zod having his neck snapped. Zod was Ko'd by punches from Jor-El. Both Faora and Zod were taken out by punches that exploited their mask, but also stunned them regardless. Point is, Hulk has a better track record.

3. Structures and explosions - Here we see Hulk to remarkably better. Superman has been KO'd by an Oil Rig falling on him. Hulk has had huge buildings fall on him to no affect. Mind you, they've fallen on him AFTER being in physically confrontations just prior. Superman had nothing compromised. Then we have the WE explosion. No matter how impressive you think it is that he powered through the gravitational beam, he was still KO'd by the explosion. Now, we can cut him a little slack since he was in an environment that weakened him, but stil, that doesn't change the Oil Rig showing, nor the stuff mentioned above. Hulk has simply taken explosions and structures falling on him better.

Those are the things we can compare. Absence of proof isn't proof. Hulk wasn't there to tank the WE explosion. He wasn't there or had a comparable situation in his movie, well, that doesn't prove he couldn't. You see, if we didn't have comparable feats and situations like the above, then we'd have to start comparing the individual feats and how they stack up. Luck for us, we don't have to do that here. They have comparable feats and situations, and Hulk comes out on top

Nibedicus
Need to correct this. From more careful viewing (curse you for making me watch a scene from Ang Lee Hulk multiple times!), it looks like he swatted away rockets fired from their rocket subsystems.

AFAIK, FFAR rockets still have an effective speed of well over 600-700m/s (I think). Too lazy (and sick) to research this extensively for now, hoewever. Need someone to look into this, if possible. :-p

Another correction: Comaches actually carry hellfires (450 m/s) and stinger missles (750 m/s).

In my defense, I'm sick today and (admittedly) have done less scrutiny/research before posting.

Anyway, can we just say Hulk swatted away something really really fast and call it a day?

carver9
Let's also consider that obviously exposure to Gamma radiation obviously increases a variety of abilities. This is not only common knowledge but common sense. Hulk clearly has heighted perception and reactions. To powerscale for a moment here, Abom literally had his back turned after a rocket was fired at him. Still was fast enough to turn around and grab the rocket mid air.

Now before we go, Oh well that's abom not Hulk, true, but that doesn't preclude Hulk from doing the same or better. In fact, we see the Hulk able to react just fine to Abom, and we don't see Abom appearing to be perceiving things faster or better than Hulk. They were very comparable. Thus, if Abom can do that, and Hulk can do things like catch Mjolnir mid air, we can certainly take the logical progression of Hulk could do that as well.

As mentioned above, in the Avengers Hulk caught a hammer throw with his hand. He was sent backwards as he's unable to lift it. However, that doesn't change the fact that he caught it mid air with his hand. That would take incredible speed and reactions to pull off. Shit, if we even brought up comics, we could see faster than light feats for his hammer. However, let's say we don't know excactly how fast, well, we know it's pretty damn fast.

Hulk would have NO issue with catching up to Faora at some point. It may not be right away, but he'd catch her, and when he does..... HULK SMASHHHHHH

You can always use the Ironman fight. Hulk was swatting away Ironman parts that were trying to attach to him and Hulk wasn't even looking in that direction.

Robtard
See, this logic just makes no sense to me. Hulk has unquestionably better durability feats than any Kryptonian. I mean it's not even all that close. Think about it, the best way to compare individuals, is to compare them at comparable things or situations. In this case, it's gunfire, punches and structures collapsing. Those are the comparable things.

1. Military fire of all kinds. Here we see an edge in Hulk's favor. Dramatic, no, but it's there. He's simply taken fire better. The example of both Superman and Nam being visibly hurt, and even sent flying. We've seen Hulk take comparable fire from comparable sources and it hasn't bothered him. Just to throw Faora in there, since she's in the thread, she was KO'd by a missle. Sure she was a little vulnerable from her mask being exploited, but that likely didn't affect her durability much if at all. It affected her reactions, perceptions and thoughts, but not the actual concussive force of the missle. She was extra susceptible to that because of her mask. She was KO'd.

2. Punches - We see Hulk take shots from Superpowered beings with superpowered magical weapons. Abom, Thor and IM have whaled on him to almost no effect. Sure, he's been stunned and slightly hurt, but he's not KO'd (THe IM situation not withstanding as there was certainly lots of context there). In stark contrast, Kryptonians have been. Clark was KO'd by punches from Nam and Faora. He was likely KO'd by Faora another time from being body slammed. Zod having his neck snapped. Zod was Ko'd by punches from Jor-El. Both Faora and Zod were taken out by punches that exploited their mask, but also stunned them regardless. Point is, Hulk has a better track record.

3. Structures and explosions - Here we see Hulk to remarkably better. Superman has been KO'd by an Oil Rig falling on him. Hulk has had huge buildings fall on him to no affect. Mind you, they've fallen on him AFTER being in physically confrontations just prior. Superman had nothing compromised. Then we have the WE explosion. No matter how impressive you think it is that he powered through the gravitational beam, he was still KO'd by the explosion. Now, we can cut him a little slack since he was in an environment that weakened him, but stil, that doesn't change the Oil Rig showing, nor the stuff mentioned above. Hulk has simply taken explosions and structures falling on him better.

Those are the things we can compare. Absence of proof isn't proof. Hulk wasn't there to tank the WE explosion. He wasn't there or had a comparable situation in his movie, well, that doesn't prove he couldn't. You see, if we didn't have comparable feats and situations like the above, then we'd have to start comparing the individual feats and how they stack up. Luck for us, we don't have to do that here. They have comparable feats and situations, and Hulk comes out on top

I've no problem comparing similarities, but ignoring higher feats of one because the other hasn't experienced the same is flawed. eg if Hulk had tanked a nuke, would you be okay to not allow that because someone else hasn't? You wouldn't.

-Krpts weren't damaged by the bullets, if they were physically moved, it's likely cos they don't have Hulk's mass and don't weight 1,000+ pounds

-Punches, Krpts took punches from super-powered beings too, each other

-The oil rig nonsense has to stop. That was before Clark had focused his powers and became more powerful as per his dad's instructions

See above, it's not absence of proof. Clark's body survived and overpowered the pull of a black hole, we don't just ignore that because Hulk's never faced a black hole. Clark has survived greater; that tells me his durability is higher.

Adam Grimes
Eegh. By posting the bullet swatting "feat" and thb visually confirming/reconfirming it, I realized I ran out of time to post an actual response to your point. I will do that now.

"Faster" would be a fair assesment IMO. But "far faster" I might disagree with. Appeances of speed are different depending on the angle where a shot is taken When watching F1 races, shots from the front/rear makes the cars look far slower than when you take the shots from the side (where you would just see them zip past).

I'm not a photographer so I don't have a word to describe or knowledge to quantify the phenomenon (or even means to verify if what I'm saying is correct), but that is just from personal experience.

Anyway, we don't really have to go by how things look for as long as we can quantify said "feats" via speed/accel. But we can't quantify Faora's speed so we do the next best thing: compare the two scenes which would lead us to conclude that Faora looks almost definitely faster. /shrug

Ok let's use your example. What would be more painful: You riding a bike, losing control then crashing into the car? Or you riding a bike when a car suddenly crashes into you? Why would one inherently hurt less? You tell me.

Nibedicus
I've no problem comparing similarities, but ignoring higher feats of one because the other hasn't experienced the same is flawed. eg if Hulk had tanked a nuke, would you be okay to not allow that because someone else hasn't? You wouldn't.

-Krpts weren't damaged by the bullets, if they were physically moved, it's likely cos they don't have Hulk's mass and don't weight 1,000+ pounds

-Punches, Krpts took punches from super-powered beings too, each other

-The oil rig nonsense has to stop. That was before Clark had focused his powers and became more powerful as per his dad's instructions

See above, it's not absence of proof. Clark's body survived and overpowered the pull of a black hole, we don't just ignore that because Hulk's never faced a black hole. Clark has survived greater; that tells me his durability is higher.

You make good points, man. Just one thing, the black hole "feat" being seen as a durability "feat" kinda feels like nonesense to me, tho. Lois was right there with Clark and she really didn't suffer any damage. I mean, if the gravity was strong enough to hurt Superman, it would naturally tear her apart and him being between her and the source of said gravity shouldn't really shield her from its effects.

Personally, I see this as more of a flight-power "feat" than a durability "feat". The distortions to his image could be him using his own gravity field to fight against the "black hole's" pull. That's me, tho.

FrothByte
I don't see why people keep trying to disregard the oil rig scene. Just because Clark learned to fly later on doesn't mean he automatically quadrupled his strength and durability too. You guys really think he reached his adult life, drinking up all that sun radiation throughout his life, and yet he was only at half-strength or something but all it took for him to increase his strength and durability was to "accept who he was"?

Nibedicus
But we can't quantify Faora's speed so we do the next best thing: compare the two scenes which would lead us to conclude that Faora looks almost definitely faster. /shrug

Why would one inherently hurt less? You tell me.

I'd agree with you on that, actually. Faora's movement seemed faster than the ejector to me as well. Tho, I wouldn't say by a lot. My point is that Hulk has showings of hand/foot speed throughout his career. Faora is fast and Hulk's not tagging her for a while. And I will still state that I think she wins by wearing Hulk down more often than not (6/10). But it won't be easy.

That's cuz her durability is questionable (max of her durability seems to be gettting hit by a Maverick air-to-ground missile, not bad but not beyond-Hulk good either) and she doesn't have many great strength "feats" that I can think of. If Hulk grabs her, she gets puny godded. And she's cocky as f-ck, as well. Prone to staredowns and monologing. The same monologing and staredown that didn't work too well with Loki and it is behavior Hulk has shown to exploit in the past. This is Mountan vs. Oberin all over again. One has all the tools to win and should win but one mistake and it's over.

As for your question towards Froth, I'm thinking that one would give you the time to go limp or roll with the impact while the other would just hit you square on.

Time-Immemorial
Hulk buster nor Thor has any combat speed to speak and was able to nullify Hulk, Faora has legit super speed combined with the strength that rivals Hulks.

You do know the reason the missile knocked her out right? Superman faced planted her into the ground at speed..

Robtard
You make good points, man. Just one thing, the black hole "feat" being seen as a durability "feat" kinda feels like nonesense to me, tho. Lois was right there with Clark and she really didn't suffer any damage. I mean, if the gravity was strong enough to hurt Superman, it would naturally tear her apart and him being between her and the source of said gravity shouldn't really shield her from its effects.

Personally, I see this as more of a flight-power "feat" than a durability "feat". The distortions to his image could be him using his own gravity field to fight against the "black hole's" pull. That's me, tho.

Covered that a page or two ago, that was obvious PIS, cars and huge chunks of building are being sucked up, but Lois falls. The gravity is visibly seen pulling at Clark's body but not hers.

Time-Immemorial
I don't see why people keep trying to disregard the oil rig scene. Just because Clark learned to fly later on doesn't mean he automatically quadrupled his strength and durability too. You guys really think he reached his adult life, drinking up all that sun radiation throughout his life, and yet he was only at half-strength or something but all it took for him to increase his strength and durability was to "accept who he was"?

Did you watch the movie, his father told him to keep pushing his limits because that would be the only way to figure out how far he could take his abilities.

VlINHSnUx9k

Obviously when he flew into space he got a long stronger as well. Solar radiation is space is 1000X stronger then on earth.

Nibedicus
Hulk buster nor Thor has any combat speed to speak and was able to nullify Hulk, Faora has legit super speed combined with the strength that rivals Hulks.

You do know the reason the missile knocked her out right? Superman faced planted her into the ground at speed..

Not saying she was at full health when it happened, but she seemed healthy enough to actually stand up and monologue (not the best time to be monologing, too!) before the missile hit. Next scene was her totally unconscious. Take it as you will, tho.

Time-Immemorial
She was knocked out because of the temporary weakness that was exposed and she took a missile to the face and face planted by Kal El.

You realize that Hulk has been knocked out with no weakness exploit yes?

Acting like these military weapons and missiles should have no effect on anyone is ludicrous, Thor literally runs and takes cover.. And Loki's head has been knocked back by small arms fire.

In the first Hulk, he was trashed by the military many times...and Ko'd a few times..

Please stop acting like these are low showings for the kryptonians and not for MCU.

Time-Immemorial
I'd agree with you on that, actually. Faora's movement seemed faster than the ejector to me as well. Tho, I wouldn't say by a lot. My point is that Hulk has showings of hand/foot speed throughout his career. Faora is fast and Hulk's not tagging her for a while. And I will still state that I think she wins by wearing Hulk down more often than not (6/10). But it won't be easy.

That's cuz her durability is questionable (max of her durability seems to be gettting hit by a Maverick air-to-ground missile, not bad but not beyond-Hulk good either) and she doesn't have many great strength "feats" that I can think of. If Hulk grabs her, she gets puny godded. And she's cocky as f-ck, as well. Prone to staredowns and monologing. The same monologing and staredown that didn't work too well with Loki and it is behavior Hulk has shown to exploit in the past. This is Mountan vs. Oberin all over again. One has all the tools to win and should win but one mistake and it's over.

As for your question towards Froth, I'm thinking that one would give you the time to go limp or roll with the impact while the other would just hit you square on.

Monologuing is automatically off in these forum fights. Can we please stop with this Monologuing to try and circumvent a legit forum fight?

Nibedicus
Covered that a page or two ago, that was obvious PIS, cars and huge chunks of building are being sucked up, but Lois falls. The gravity is visibly seen pulling at Clark's body but not hers.

Well, I thoight that was stupid, too. TBH. I justified it in my head by simply thinking Lois was already accelerating (fall plus explosion) prior to the black hole starting its pull on everything. It did seem, however, that she started getting pulled in after a few seconds just as Supes grabbed her.

Again, it's really hard for me to see this as anything but a flight power "feat" as they weren't even close to the singularity and the needed durability in "resisting its pull" can't really be quantified and we have inconsistencies like a nondurable bystander being right there and not being torn apart. I mean cars and loose chunks of buildings being pulled in doesn't really quantify the gravitational pull as all you need is for the pull to be stronger than 1g for things to start getting pulled towards it regardless of size, in fact more mass would actually make you more susceptible, wouldn't it? If it was supposedly so strong that it could tear things apart, wouldn't it actually tear the surrounding buildings from their foundations? And from what I remember from black holes, doesn't the damage happen when you hit very close to the singularity itself and get spaghettified? Bottom line, if the filmmakers wanted to portray the "black hole" as being so strong that it was hurting Superman, wouldn't they have been more explicit about it? Like maybe tear up his cape or suit at least? Wayyyy too many inconsistencies.

Don't get me wrong, the gravitational pull was obviously very very strong to make him struggle like that. But I still don't see how this is a durability "feat".

Time-Immemorial
His body was being pulled apart and he resisted it, how is that not a durability feat, he resisted disintegration...people here use Loki falling from Asgard into the vacuum of space and consider that a durability feat, so that counts and Clarks does not? Can you clarify that one?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>