Can the Black Panther movie do as well as Deadpool?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vanguard
Just a question........

Mindset
Yes.

It probably won't though.

carthage
Doesn't Deadpool enjoy a wider fanbase? I hope it does as well

Vanguard
Originally posted by carthage
Doesn't Deadpool enjoy a wider fanbase? I hope it does as well

Yea he does IMO. But I'm hoping the Panther movie will earn him a Deadpool like following.

BruceSkywalker
yes, I fully expect black panther $500 million worldwide

quanchi112
I'm intrigued by black panther a lot more than shitty Deadpool.

CPT Space Bomb
Can it? Absolutely. Will it? Who knows.

One thing it has going for it that it's the first real Black Super hero lead character on the big screen (In present day anyway; Yes Wesley Snipes was great as Blade)

I think BP's going to have alot of African American viewers just based on that alone. And if it's a good movie; which is likely, then it's definitely got a great chance.

Robtard
Sure it could, no reason to believe BP couldn't match or even surpass the whopping non-flop success of DP's 700+ million and still growing figures, if it's well written, directed and if Boseman does the character justice.

BP will have a few advantages over DP though, it won't likely be R so that will open up its viewing audience, it will likely open in China (which is a huge market) and it will likely have a budget greater than the 50ish mil DP had.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Robtard
BP will have a few advantages over DP though, it won't likely be R so that will open up its viewing audience, it will likely open in China (which is a huge market) and it will likely have a budget greater than the 50ish mil DP had. You better believe it's going to have a bigger budget. I may not like Deadpool as much as everyone else; but there is no denying that the quality of the film for the budget is astounding. It really makes you wonder about some budgets other films get (Point Break.....smh)

Inhuman
I guess it all depends how much of an impact he has in Civil War and if people want to see more of him.

Robtard
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
You better believe it's going to have a bigger budget.

I may not like Deadpool as much as everyone else; but there is no denying that the quality of the film for the budget is astounding. It really makes you wonder about some budgets other films get (Point Break.....smh)

I'd expect around the 120-150 million mark, considering the budgets for some of the other first solo films. But as Inhuman said above, CA:CW and the reception BP gets will likely factor in.

Right on. Yeah, didn't even bother watching the PB remake, previews looked awful

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Vanguard
Just a question........

No.

Darth Thor
Being in Civil War first will only help build up excitement for the Black Panther solo film. I think it will be huge, certainly bigger than Ant-Man.

HulkIsHulk
Nope since the budget will never ever be that small

quanchi112
Much higher hopes for this film than Deadpool which I found to be a shitty film.

0mega Spawn
nah probably not. unless Hollywood learns how to handle black heroes in the next few years

Ascendancy
It's possible. Deadpool I'd say has a much bigger overall fan base, but Marvel's film quality has gotten a lot of people into seats for all their films. Thor certainly was well known but I wouldn't say a super popular character, but they did a great job of making him interesting in all the films he's in, making the first Thor movie entertaining, and making Dark World even better.

Bottom line is I think Marvel films get people in seats for the most part.

Shabazz916
If they do not water black panther down. It will be epic.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Nope since the budget will never ever be that small In hindsight this is probably true. I doubt Disney will spend any less that 150 million on a BP movie. Deadpool had a budget of what, 50-65 million?

TethAdamTheRock
Originally posted by Mindset
Yes.

It probably won't though. This

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.