Scourge/Meetra run a gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
*Novel versions only

Run 1: Sabers
Run 2: All out

1. Savage Opress
2. Darth Zannah
3. Darth Malgus
4. Ulic Qel-Droma
5. Starkiller
6. ROTS Anakin Skywalker
7. Darth Vader (Canon/Legends)

Tondemonai
Stop @ 3 for both

FreshestSlice
Five or six.

Emperordmb
Stop at two.

AncientPower
Probably 6 at both, though I question his ability to overwhelm two strong combatants at once.

Syndicate
When you say novel versions only does Meetra still retain her KOTOR2 feats?

carthage
No

Syndicate
Then they stop at Zannah.

Tondemonai
Why is Malgus below Anakin? And why is he above Starkiller? And why do people think these two have a chance against Malgus? It's kek worthy

FreshestSlice
Because Malgus is highly overrated, because Anakin is better than Starkiller, and because again, Malgus is highly overrated, for starters.

Tondemonai
Kek

FreshestSlice
inb4 tond makes an argument that the guy that could be solo'd by the protags is Vader level "AT LEAST."

Tondemonai
With Vaders new cannon feats, I retract that belief; though IMO he's still not far behind. Thats beside the point here, though. People here imply that novel Meetra and Scourge > the protags fighting together. It's laughable. While he didn't win, he still held them off handily for a good while. Neither of them are as powerful al any of the Force using protags. Again, it's laughable to consider that they could compare to Malgus.

Syndicate
Lol. Galen is superior to Anakin in nearly every way.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by Syndicate
Lol. Galen is superior to Anakin in nearly every way.

Except, he isn't really. Anakin is physically and martially superior, not to mention a better duelist.

FreshestSlice
That Furnaceheart. Marek will burn in it.

Syndicate
Galen has contended with Vader's strikes who should be at the very least an equal to Anakin. Galen also beat a version of Vader who has all of Anakin's knowledge and experience along with years to have reworked his form to suit his cybernetics. Vader should honestly be more skilled then Anakin by this point. This is all without mentioning Galen's superior force abilities.

FreshestSlice
Vader in TFU isn't comparable to Anakin. In pretty much anything, honestly.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by FreshestSlice

https://49.media.tumblr.com/1be982ec1d3ea04c73f075afc02f5151/tumblr_mp77srAXO41rw3flto1_500.gif

Syndicate

I don't... I don't... What?

NewGuy01
Galen has contended with Vader's strikes who should be at the very least an equal to Anakin.

Why?

Reworked to cover his newly exposed ass, not necessarily to improve.

Syndicate
Because he has cybernetics further enhancing his strength...

I'm sure it wouldn't have taken decades to simply rework his form. He probably did that within a few years and then spent the remaining time improving his skills.

Tondemonai

Rip

FreshestSlice
I don't... I don't... What?
He's slower, less overall powerful, and loses to Marek, who if he's actually more powerful than in TFUII is an even worse combatant than Luke. I mean sure we can go with cz's "Marek is better than Caedus" line of thinking, but TFU Vader is by far the least impressive version of him that isn't him almost dying to fodder and tripping over his own arm, which is all after TFU.

Syndicate
How is he slower? How is he less powerful? Losing to someone doesn't make you less powerful then somebody else.

He's not far more powerful then Starkiller in TFUII.

Galen > Caedus? Hmmm... smile

TFU Vader has destroyed Wookiee tree bases and stomped a Jedi with ease along with casually lifting a stone table weighing multiple tons and defending against the telekinetic assault of someone like Marek. I fail to see how this would be his weakest incarnation.

FreshestSlice
How is he slower?

Seriously?

It does when that person is more powerful than the person you lost to.

Based on? Because the writers don't agree with you.

Because when it doesn't translate into combat, it really doesn't matter how flashy your showings are. Flashy changes from medium to medium, but actual combat is consistent.

Syndicate
Yes. He's less agile sure but I don't see how he's slower in regards to combat speed.

Except by feats both Vader and Galen are more powerful then Anakin. You're time wasting circular logic doesn't work on a guy with too much time on his hands like me.

Based on feats.

How does it not translate into combat? Vader attempts to telekintetically assault Galen and Galen repels. He has the relative feats to do so. It's simple logic.

Deronn_solo
Galen has contended with Vader's strikes who should be at the very least an equal to Anakin.

Sorry dear, but you do know Galen's strength does not have to be on a tantamount level to a combatant to contend with his strikes, right? More to the point - who says Anakin and Vader's strength feats are even from the get-go?

Galen also beat a version of Vader who has all of Anakin's knowledge and experience along with years to have reworked his form to suit his cybernetics. Vader should honestly be more skilled then Anakin by this point.

Technical skill, maybe. But then again, technical skill is not superior to actual in-combat practice, which Anakin supersedes Vader in. They use two completely different styles, and fight with two different mindsets so trying to scale one off the other is just faulty logic. Anakin's feats is Anakin's - Vader's feats is Vader.

Show me Vader having feats that supersede stalemating duelist on Dooku's caliber before hitting his prime and becoming far more powerful in the Force, then I would entertain this train of thought.

This is all without mentioning Galen's superior force abilities.

He has the advantage, but honestly, that is partly because of the medium from which he originates. Even then, the Force gap isn't as big as the dueling one, so meh.

FreshestSlice

Syndicate
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Sorry dear, but you do know Galen's strength does not have to be on a tantamount level to a combatant to contend with his strikes, right? More to the point - who says Anakin and Vader's strength feats are even from the get-go?

Technical skill, maybe. But then again, technical skill is not superior to actual in-combat practice, which Anakin supersedes Vader in. They use two completely different styles, and fight with two different mindsets so trying to scale one off the other is just faulty logic. Anakin's feats is Anakin's - Vader's feats is Vader.

Show me Vader having feats that supersede stalemating duelist on Dooku's caliber before hitting his prime and becoming far more powerful in the Force, then I would entertain this train of thought.

He has the advantage, but honestly, that is partly because of the medium from which he originates. Even then, the Force gap isn't as big as the dueling one, so meh.

I didn't say it had to be. I'm simply saying he was able to handle that kind of strength just fine and thus he should be able to handle Anakin's in a similar manner. I do because their comparative feats are either even or end up favoring Vader.

Vader retains all of Anakin's knowledge and experience on top of his own. Technical skill applies to combat. It's as simple as that.

False argument there. We can already gauge Vader's combative skill by way of his feats and knowledge that he should have gained greater technical skill as time passed. The foes Vader faced benefit from having lasted any amount of time against him. We don't need to scale off of said opponents because we already know approximately where Vader should be at this point.

Vader simply has superior feats to a non enraged non focused Anakin. He has also has shown better precision and control.

You want to talk about medium bias? Anakin can draw feats from the 2003 miniseries and its comic, one of the most exaggerated mediums in the entire franchise.

Col. Valerian
Vader's fast.

http://i39.tinypic.com/bffj2t.jpg http://i39.tinypic.com/2qmdqib.jpg

NewGuy01
So he jumped over a thug and twirled his saber?

carthage
He's obviously slow how else can he deflect omdirectional blasterfire consistently in canon?

I mean come on

Syndicate
Originally posted by carthage
He's obviously slow how else can he deflect omdirectional blasterfire consistently in canon?

I mean come on

+1

Col. Valerian
thumb up

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Col. Valerian
Vader's fast.

http://i39.tinypic.com/bffj2t.jpg http://i39.tinypic.com/2qmdqib.jpg
This is not impressive for Darth Vader, to be honest.

Look at this example:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111140132/4433903-6694146671-43846.gif

Satele Shan performed an offensive move in a span of time that was shorter then the time needed for a Sith Warrior to swing his sword. It's like time nearly froze.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.