All costs of child rearing should be borne by men.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Greatest I am

Surtur
So it sounds like you don't want actual equality.

Or maybe people just shouldn't have a kid if you can't afford to care for it. Same reason you don't buy a puppy if you can't afford to buy dog food. I would also recommend before you have unprotected sex that the guy you are with actually wants to be a father. Since what kind of woman has unprotected sex with a guy she knows doesn't want a kid?

Don't get me started on reproductive rights. A woman can shirk all responsibility for a child and get it aborted if she wants. A man has no such options and can even be put in prison for not paying child support. Then beyond that when it comes to children women are far more likely to get custody of a child.

EDIT: I also think if we were to even do what you suggest we'd need a way that we could 100% make sure every single penny that a man gives that is meant for the child goes towards the child and the child only, not towards the mother and something she wants. A child doesn't benefit from mommy getting her nails done.

Esau Cairn
Old fashioned views by someone who doesn't sound like they're a parent themselves.

Surtur
I would also say this: if men these days are of such poor quality...what does it say about the women still willing to sleep with them without a condom?

Esau Cairn
"Women presently hold most of the financial burden of child rearing..."

That's news to me.
As I recall, from real life experience, I worked harder & longer hours to support my missus & our new born son...considering she was unemployed & looking after our son.

So where exactly is the financial burden that apparently she experienced more than I did?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
"Women presently hold most of the financial burden of child rearing..."

That's news to me.
As I recall, from real life experience, I worked harder & longer hours to support my missus & our new born son...considering she was unemployed & looking after our son.

So where exactly is the financial burden that apparently she experienced more than I did?

Are you considering opportunity costs?

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Bardock42
Are you considering opportunity costs?

I want to invade & rule that world, Greatest I Am seems to live in.

Genesis-Soldier
lets be honest, if only one parental gender controlled the costs of a child there would be a lot lost/ marginalised socially, scientifically and just in general

Esau Cairn
I seriously don't know where Greatest I Am gets his logic from?

Raisen
I pay 625 a month for one kid

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Raisen
I pay 625 a month for one kid

Is that child support or just "general raising"?

Raisen
Is that child support or just "general raising"?

We never went through courts for that. It's just what we agreed to. We were not married. I had my daughter when I was 19. Was in the military and not making much money. I started off paying her 400 and as I started making more money I would offer her more.
She never squabble or asked for more. It is wonderful to keep the courts out if at all possible

Esau Cairn
Totally understand. I paid child support for 18 years. Unfortunately the courts tend to take the mother's side regardless.

Raisen
Totally understand. I paid child support for 18 years. Unfortunately the courts tend to take the mother's side regardless.

I'm glad I never ran across vindictive women. I'm a jerk but they all still love me lol. Eh. Women usually actually LOSE through the court. She gets the tax benefits every year and other perks that aren't immediately visible.
There is a website for factoring child support in California and I showed her it and explained the details. She was a smart girl and sees that we both benefit from this. My daughter gets what she wants and both sides of the family lavish her with nice clothes or video games etc.

Keep the dam courts out. They really should only be there to get the dead beats.

I'm actually driving five hours tomorrow to see my daughter for the weekend. I get her for the majority of summer and holidays. If the courts were involved I wouldn't be able to afford a nice house in an expensive state like California. If the courts were involved the money difference wouldn't benefit the mother much but it would ensure my daughter would be staying in a one bedroom apartment when she visited me.....instead of a nice home where she has her own room and bathroom. A new Playstation, x box one, and wii.

Surtur
That is what bugs me about child support. Not the child support itself, but that some mothers out there do take that money and spend it on themselves. Not all of it on themselves, but some of it.

Raisen
Originally posted by Surtur
That is what bugs me about child support. Not the child support itself, but that some mothers out there do take that money and spend it on themselves. Not all of it on themselves, but some of it.

The bigger problem is that men marry these type of women and empower other women to do the same. I get pretty women but if she is wearing Gucci I dismiss

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Surtur

You can't just single out women when the system's there to be wrought (ed?).
There's always going to be loopholes or fraud no matter if you're unemployed, a pensioner or a politician.

Raisen
american women have the upper hand

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.