Oscars 2016

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time-Immemorial
Congrats Leo, you did it.

pile

pile
pile
pilepilepilepilepilepilepile

Time-Immemorial
Wow Spotlight got best Picture.

I need to see this now.

I guess this is a way Hollywood tells the Vatican to **** off.

Zack M
MM FR won the most with 6 and Spotlight won best picture. Both are well deserving.

Time-Immemorial
Who here saw spotlight?

Zack M
I did. Great movie.

So glad Mark Rylance won, too. Bridge of Spies was solid.

Time-Immemorial
I need to see that as well

quanchi112
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Wow Spotlight got best Picture.

I need to see this now.

I guess this is a way Hollywood tells the Vatican to **** off. I need to see it as well.

ares834
Ennio Morricone finally got his Oscar as well.

Well deserved and far too long coming.

Patient_Leech
I still think Mad Max was more deserving, but Spotlight is awesome. Brilliant film. Mad Max got plenty of recognition, which is great.

wakkawakkawakka
Glad to hear about Mad Max getting recognition though Spotlight was a good movie as well.

Edit: I feel like Brie Larson kind of won by default.

jaden101
I never even got to the first award before I was bored of Chris Rock's "black" jokes.

Surtur
Yep, Chris Rock was just obnoxious. But don't worry, next year he's appearing at the first NBA game of the season. Expect lots of jokes about why most NBA players are black and how it means the NBA is racist. I expect black actors to boycott the NBA any day now. Along with white NBA players that is.

But other then that thumb up

Robtard
Who here saw spotlight?

Was excellent

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f2/t621292.html

Impediment
Mad Mad cleaned up. thumb up

Leo finally got an Oscar. Maybe now the Internet will STFU.

jaden101
Originally posted by Impediment
Mad Mad cleaned up. thumb up

Leo finally got an Oscar. Maybe now the Internet will STFU.

Not until he gets nominated for playing his fat Russian lookalike.

http://media.gq.com/photos/5697dbf6ddf2526d190fa444/16:9/pass/fat-russian-leo.jpeg

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by jaden101
I never even got to the first award before I was bored of Chris Rock's "black" jokes.

My thing is, well (and I don't know the answer, but...) how many black actors had roles the past year that were potentially Oscar worthy? Idris Elba probably did. I didn't see Creed, so I don't know about Michael B. Jordan. I also didn't see Concussion with Will Smiff. But my point is that it shouldn't turn into affirmative action awards. Oh, well so-and-so white European guy/girl had a better performance, but so-and-so black guy/girl is black, and we need more black nominees, so it goes to the black person.

Chris Rock did focus a little bit too much on this supposed "controversy," but he approached it well, I thought, not taking it too seriously, kind of poking fun at it. It was funny. It's not like black actors/actresses have never been nominated or won.

Nuke Nixon
Who here saw spotlight?

Just watched it, excellent movie. Extremely disturbing subject that needs 1000% more exposure.

#invadethevatican #arrestpriests #taxthechurch

Patient_Leech
^ thumb up

Firefly218
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
My thing is, well (and I don't know the answer, but...) how many black actors had roles the past year that were potentially Oscar worthy? Idris Elba probably did. I didn't see Creed, so I don't know about Michael B. Jordan. I also didn't see Concussion with Will Smiff. But my point is that it shouldn't turn into affirmative action awards. Oh, well so-and-so white European guy/girl had a better performance, but so-and-so black guy/girl is black, and we need more black nominees, so it goes to the black person.

Chris Rock did focus a little bit too much on this supposed "controversy," but he approached it well, I thought, not taking it too seriously, kind of poking fun at it. It was funny. It's not like black actors/actresses have never been nominated or won.
Neither Will Smith nor Michael B Jordan deserved to be nominated over Matt Damon or Bryan Cranston IMO. It has nothing to do with skin color, they just gave the weaker performances. The whole Oscars so white controversy is absolute bullshit. The Oscars are not about diversity, they are about merit. Colored people shouldn't be included just for the sake of diversity its dishonest and disingenuous. The real problem isn't the Oscars, it's Hollywood not giving enough great roles to more diverse people. Don't blame the Oscars. Also a lot of idiots saying it's racism that Will Smith wasn't nominated haven't even ****ing seen the other performances and are judging based on skin color. Skin color should be irrelevant.

Patient_Leech
^ Exactly. Black actors and actresses have won before.

marwash22
Who here saw spotlight? saw it. fantastic movie. My only complaint was that i actually thought it wasn't long enough. i would have liked to see at least a little bit of the fallout after they broke the story.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.