Nite Owl Vs Black Widow

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack M
Watchmen's Nite Owl. Who wins?

marwash22
Nite Owl.

lol.

Inhuman
Widow has taken on tougher foes than Nite Owl. Nite Owl beat the shit out of thugs and got his ass beat by Ozy.
Widow has fought robots, aliens, and enhanced humans and faired ok.

She bites off his throat.

carthage
Widow wins

TheVaultDweller
Considering the OP didn't specify, I'm assuming standard gear. In which case Widow just shoots him.

marwash22
Originally posted by Inhuman
Widow has taken on tougher foes than Nite Owl. Nite Owl beat the shit out of thugs and got his ass beat by Ozy.
Widow has fought robots, aliens, and enhanced humans and faired ok.

She bites off his throat. get outta here with that line of logic.

She didn't do shit against the tougher opponents she went up against. By your logic, Christopher Meloni could whoop Cap's ass because he went up against Kryptonians in 'MoS'.

Nite Owl took full force blow from a meta and kept fighting. Widow hasn't done anything that compares.

Also, Nite Owl has a laser weapon and his suit is most likely bulletproof/resistant.

Inhuman
Originally posted by marwash22
get outta here with that line of logic.

She didn't do shit against the tougher opponents she went up against. By your logic, Christopher Meloni could whoop Cap's ass because he went up against Kryptonians in 'MoS'.

Nite Owl took full force blow from a meta and kept fighting. Widow hasn't done anything that compares.

Also, Nite Owl has a laser weapon and his suit is most likely bulletproof/resistant.

AHAha you fgt, I was looking for a video to post then I ended up watching "black widow vs. scorpion", "black widow vs. praying mantis", then I went of onto other bug war videos for like 30 minutes.

anywho here are her fight scenes up until Winter Soldier.

97hO7FlaAok

Age of Ultron ones

YVfAMBMjYKU

One common thing you'll notice from her fight scenes is that all the people she takes out (minus robots, aliens) are trained men/soldiers.
She even beats Hawkeye who is in the same tier as people like Nite Owl.
Nite Owl beat up prisoners and thugs.
So Nite Owl took a blow from a Ozy , Widow took a blow from the Hulk and was up in action after a short while.
Nite Owl has a nice suit, Widow has stun batons, guns, an electric suit, those electric pods she throws at those guards in IM2, and a Columbian neck tie cord.
Widow is also quicker based on movie feats of these 2.

Widow rips Nite Owls spine out tbh erm

FrothByte
I think skill is roughly the same, but Niteowl wins due to being the more brutal combatant.

carthage
She actually tanked a blow from Hulk in one of those clips, and stomped a few Ultron bots with those sticks/Caps shield, as well as fought off Multiple Chitauri

Yeah she's pretty far above a guy killing fodder prisoners. She could probably solo him and Rorschach

FrothByte
"Tanked a blow from Hulk" is a huge exaggeration. Hulk barely clipped her with that backhand, and it seemed more a swipe than a swat. She was also clearly stunned, so "tanked" is not a word I would use to describe it.

carthage
Show me anything that Nite Owl has done that compares, and then we can talk. Even if you wanted to debate the merit of that feat, simply surviving it and walking away when you're a mere human being is a greater feat than getting sent flying by a far weaker Ozymandias.

FrothByte
Originally posted by carthage
Show me anything that Nite Owl has done that compares, and then we can talk. Even if you wanted to debate the merit of that feat, simply surviving it and walking away when you're a mere human being is a greater feat than getting sent flying by a far weaker Ozymandias.

Meh, humans in action movies always get some form of enhanced durability showings. Heck, even Jane foster must have had some form of enhanced durability to withstand the stuff she did in TDW without even a sprained ankle.

If Black Widow is as tough as you say she is then she wouldn't even need to bother dodging hits from normal thugs. She should just tank them all.

Fact is, Hulk never hit Black Widow. He shoved her to the side (barely) and that completely stunned her.

BruceSkywalker
Black Windows beats Nite Owl

Zack M
Originally posted by FrothByte
I think skill is roughly the same, but Niteowl wins due to being the more brutal combatant.

I agree.

marwash22
he also wins due to Black Widow not being able to hurt him. She can do all the hurricanranas she wants to, she aint putting him down. erm

BruceSkywalker
he also wins due to Black Widow not being able to hurt him. She can do all the hurricanranas she wants to, she aint putting him down. erm

lol he is after all a man lol.. so she will put him down haha

Genesis-Soldier
night owl is more brutal but widow takes this due to her skilled use of the multiple tools and gadgets she has in her arsenal as well as her agile fighting experience against multiple enemies and high tier foes

FrothByte
Originally posted by Genesis-Soldier
night owl is more brutal but widow takes this due to her skilled use of the multiple tools and gadgets she has in her arsenal as well as her agile fighting experience against multiple enemies and high tier foes

Heck, I didn't know we were allowing weapons. Because if that's the case then shouldn't Niteowl be allowed his owl chopper?

Genesis-Soldier
that's more a accessory

yeah the op for this was left to our imaginations a bit

I would just assume standard gear until told otherwise

Inhuman
"Tanked a blow from Hulk" is a huge exaggeration. Hulk barely clipped her with that backhand, and it seemed more a swipe than a swat. She was also clearly stunned, so "tanked" is not a word I would use to describe it.

The strength difference between Hulk and Ozy is massive.
Casual backhand swipe from Hulk >>>>>>>>>>Ozy full force punch/kick who is a tier below Cap in strength.

It's like getting run over by a full speeding Person on a bicycle vs getting run over by an 18 wheeler that's going only 35 miles an hour.

The 18 Wheeler will fuq you up more even if it's going at a relativly slow speed.

FrothByte
The strength difference between Hulk and Ozy is massive.
Casual backhand swipe from Hulk >>>>>>>>>>Ozy full force punch/kick who is a tier below Cap in strength.

It's like getting run over by a full speeding Person on a bicycle vs getting run over by an 18 wheeler that's going only 35 miles an hour.

The 18 Wheeler will fuq you up more even if it's going at a relativly slow speed.

Better comparison would be getting hit by a motorcycle full speed dead on or getting clipped on your side by an 18-wheeler traveling 10 mph.

Inhuman
Better comparison would be getting hit by a motorcycle full speed dead on or getting clipped on your side by an 18-wheeler traveling 10 mph.

Hulk and Ozy are not that close in strength to use that comparison IMO.
Even using Cap as the motorcycle instead of Ozy is pushing it.

marwash22
cool story on all those gadgets Black Widow has.

Nite Owl has a laser weapon. she dies before she even gets close enough to do a single, ineffectual hurricanrana.

gg.

Robtard
Get em, Mouth

playa1258
Affleckman wins soon.

Come at me.

Silent Master
As you're obviously in the wrong thread, why would anyone bother?

playa1258
Oh yeah.

BW wins.

carthage
Given his normal morals I'd hesitate to think he'd LAZER HER to death.

She's just the better fighter, faster, and more skilled.

Unless you think prison fodder are better than Chitauri or Ultron bots.

marwash22
are those the same morals that didn't keep him from breaking bones and shoving knives through people in that alley fight?

also, her being a better fighter is debatable. ineffectual hurricanranas don't make her more skilled. Her being faster is also debatable, and even if she is, I already told you she can't physically hurt him, while he's waaaay stronger than she is.

like i said, gg.

Inhuman
Shes dealt with laser fire from robots and aliens just fine.
Plus he not waaaay stronger than her. Hes below Ozy and Ozy is below Cap & Bucky.

She Columbian neck ties Nite Owl off of his Owl Chopper.

marwash22
soooooooo, you have nothing and are just arguing this for the sake of arguing?

cool. cya.

Inhuman
OK. ill bite.
Show how he is waaaaaay stronger than her.
Also did he use his laser in the movie? I don't recall.

I posted what Widow can do. Now you go.

carthage
Outfighting Hawkeye, snapping the necks of multiple guys, fighting off Multiple Chitauri, and gutting Ultron bots are better feats than killing prisoners

She's also far more agile

FrothByte
It should be pointed out that when BW took down ultronbots and chitauri she was armed. Nightowl tookout goons in oure h2h. And though BW also has pure h2h feats, she didn't dispatch her opponents quite as impressively as NO did his.

Silent Master
People not liking the way BW's fighting style looks doesn't mean it won't work.

wakkawakkawakka
Of all of that only the Chitauri feat is actually impressive for this match and she was using their weapons to take them out IIRC.

As far as H2H is concerned I'd say they're about even with Nite Owl edging out in strength and durability while Widow might be faster.

Inhuman
All the people she dispatched in h2h in the clips were trained men/soldiers as opposed to common thugs.

wakkawakkawakka
The problem is that those trained soldiers, chitauri aside, weren't that impressive either. So I guess we have another fight between who can clear fodder better in which I guess BW wins by default of having more fodder to fight.

Inhuman
We can simplify this even further,

Who's the most impressive person Nite Owl beat in the movie?

FrothByte
We can simplify this even further,

Who's the most impressive person Nite Owl beat in the movie?

Fodder. And he was strong enough that his hits were breaking bones. Who's the most impressive person Black Widow beat in the movies? And if you're going to say Hawkeye, please also list the most impressive h2h feats that Hawkeye has to prove that he was actually an accomplished h2h fighter.

Inhuman
Fodder. And he was strong enough that his hits were breaking bones. Who's the most impressive person Black Widow beat in the movies? And if you're going to say Hawkeye, please also list the most impressive h2h feats that Hawkeye has to prove that he was actually an accomplished h2h fighter.

Hawkeye, chitari, Ultron bots, Trained Sheild/Hydra agents vs. Thugs for Nite Owl.

Also Hawkeye has brief moments of H2H fighting vs. Chitari (when not using arrows), Ultron bots , and soldiers in U. Klaws base. Looked pretty good to me. Definitely in the watchmen tier.

FrothByte
Hawkeye, chitari, Ultron bots, Trained Sheild/Hydra agents vs. Thugs for Nite Owl.

Also Hawkeye has brief moments of H2H fighting vs. Chitari (when not using arrows), Ultron bots , and soldiers in U. Klaws base. Looked pretty good to me. Definitely in the watchmen tier.

Again, show me feats of Widow fighting PURE h2h. As far as I recall, she fought the Ultron bots and Chitauri with weapons. When did she fight Hydra agents?

As for Hawkeye, I don't recall him ever fighting in pure h2h. He'd always use either his bow, arrow or knife in melee.

Besides, are we discussing this fight as a h2h match or are we allowing weapons for the fighters?

TheVaultDweller
Heck, I didn't know we were allowing weapons. Because if that's the case then shouldn't Niteowl be allowed his owl chopper?

It was never specified to be H2H, in which case forum rules dictate standard gear. And vehicles are not really considered standard gear. Do we suddenly give Batman all his vehicles in a standard gear fight? No, we give him all the stuff he carries as standard on his person.

This is ironic, considering you are basing Nite Owl's skill off of beating prison fodder. And considering you were using "credentials" to argue for the SHIELD agents depowered Thor fought in another thread, aliens/trained HYDRA soldiers/Ultron bots > street thugs and inmates. So before you try to claim that their skill is comparable, exactly who did Nite Owl beat that even has comparable credentials/implied skill to a top level SHIELD agent?

Also, lol at this laser nonsense. Yes he had a laser. Which he used ineffectually once to stop a chair tossed directly at him. Widow's feats with guns shit all over that single feat. And Hawkeye, the guy who can hit speeding alien flyers without even looking, missed her at close range.

FrothByte
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
And considering you were using "credentials" to argue for the SHIELD agents depowered Thor fought in another thread, aliens/trained HYDRA soldiers/Ultron bots > street thugs and inmates.

Hmmm... you got me there. Got no rebuttal for that one. Guess that completely destroyed my argument.

Inhuman
Again, show me feats of Widow fighting PURE h2h. As far as I recall, she fought the Ultron bots and Chitauri with weapons. When did she fight Hydra agents?

As for Hawkeye, I don't recall him ever fighting in pure h2h. He'd always use either his bow, arrow or knife in melee.

Besides, are we discussing this fight as a h2h match or are we allowing weapons for the fighters?

Watch the vids I posted. She does plenty of H2H fighting.
She fought Hydra/shield guys in the Boat scene in the beginning of Winter Soldier.

TheVaultDweller
Well, put it this way. H2H I agree. Nite Owl wins. But Widow has too much stuff as standard, that she knows how to use very effectively, for this to actually really be all that fair IMO. I mean even if Nite Owl is stronger and tougher, if Widow just manages to get her gauntlets at his throat (or any sensitive spot really) and give off one charge, that's already going to tip the match in her favour. You can be how tough, but if there are high levels of electricity flowing through you, it's going to throw you off. And she also has the mobile discs she can toss. And again, she also usually carries pistols she has displayed a good deal of accuracy with. Hell, she even has a grappling hook on those gauntlets, based on the bridge scene in TWS.

Thing with Nite Owl was, he seemed to be dressed for handling street level action. Widow gears up for large scale battles against armies of opponents. So she is always going to have an edge in a geared up battle.

FrothByte
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Well, put it this way. H2H I agree. Nite Owl wins. But Widow has too much stuff as standard, that she knows how to use very effectively, for this to actually really be all that fair IMO. I mean even if Nite Owl is stronger and tougher, if Widow just manages to get her gauntlets at his throat (or any sensitive spot really) and give off one charge, that's already going to tip the match in her favour. You can be how tough, but if there are high levels of electricity flowing through you, it's going to throw you off. And she also has the mobile discs she can toss. And again, she also usually carries pistols she has displayed a good deal of accuracy with.

Thing with Nite Owl was, he seemed to be dressed for handling street level action. Widow gears up for large scale battles against armies of opponents. So she is always going to have an edge in a geared up battle.

So do we agree that in pure h2h, Nightowl will win, albeit with difficulty?

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, H2H I would give a tough fight to Nite Owl. But what makes Widow so dangerous is her ability to combine her H2H/melee skills with the assortment of weapons and tech she carries, which makes her an extremely dangerous opponent when properly geared up.

Genesis-Soldier
how about she just lives up to her spider mofit and has sex with him to later on kill him?

just saying

TheVaultDweller
Until Silk Spectre comes around for a booty call and walks in on them.

Arachnid1
Widow wins this pretty handily. She's taken out worse than Nite Owl ever has.

marwash22
Arachnid, you would agree that Luke Skywalker can defeat Captain America in a fight because he destroyed the death Star which is worse than anything Cap has ever taken out, correct?

Arachnid1
Arachnid, you would agree that Luke Skywalker can defeat Captain America in a fight because he destroyed the death Star which is worse than anything Cap has ever taken out, correct? Sure, if you give him an aircraft loaded with weapons. Not the greatest comparison man

marwash22
you ignored context to declare Widow the winner of this fight; logic dictated you'd ignore it other situations as well.

Arachnid1
you ignored context to declare Widow the winner of this fight; logic dictated you'd ignore it other situations as well. I haven't ignored anything. Widows taken our thugs and worse. Nite Owl has taken out thugs. Its pretty cut and dry.

marwash22
you're ignoring the manner in which she was attacked by those things "worse" than thugs, and pretending Nite Owl will attack her in the same way.

Nite Owl isn't some dumb ass fodder Ultron-bot that will just fly around waiting to be hurricanrana'd.

please explain how she beats someone who has a better stats and a better long ranged weapon.

Arachnid1
you're ignoring the manner in which she was attacked by those things "worse" than thugs, and pretending Nite Owl will attack her in the same way.

Nite Owl isn't some dumb ass fodder Ultron-bot that will just fly around waiting to be hurricanrana'd.

please explain how she beats someone who has a better stats and a better long ranger weapon. She didn't always use weapons against the chitauri. There were a few she tore into with her bare hands. Chitauri are also significantly stronger than her or Nite Owl, but she grappled with them just fine. She even grappled with and held off against Bucky for a bit.

Until you can provide a clip of Nite Owl scoring a win against someone above a common thug, like an alien or Hawkeye, he doesn't have a chance. He has NO FEATs outside of a few thugs. Not one.

Now, if you want to argue that he pulls out a laser to cut her in half, you have to prove that its part of his standard gear, and not just something he brought because he was facing the biggest threat he ever faced (not that he was even effective with it when he used it). I definitely don't remember him ever pulling it out against any of the thugs he fought.

marwash22
The fodder aliens had no h2h skill and Hawkeye (1) isn't on her level as a martial artist (2) was brainwashed (3) isn't nearly as strong as Nite Owl... and it still took her a long ass time to defeat him, by biting him, btw. lol.

in that same situation, Nite Owl would have ko'd Hawkeye in one hit.

When Nite Owl hits grown men, they go flying. When a legit meta punches and slams him with full force, he keeps fighting. Widow can't hurt him.

erm

Arachnid1
The fodder aliens had no h2h skill and Hawkeye (1) isn't on her level as a martial artist (2) was brainwashed (3) isn't nearly as strong as Nite Owl... and it still took her a long ass time to defeat him, by biting him, btw. lol.

in that same situation, Nite Owl would have ko'd Hawkeye in one hit.

When Nite Owl hits grown men, they go flying. When a legit meta punches and slams him with full force, he keeps fighting. Widow can't hurt him.

erm And the aliens she killed were able to take hits from Cap and keep fighting in several instances. They were also able to drop from many stories up with enough force to crack concrete with no damage, suggesting greater body density. She'll be able to hurt Nite Owl just fine. Plus, a gun is part of her standard equipment. You were trying to argue long range weaponry earlier. She pulls out a gun and shoots him. lol Either way, Widow wins.

Inhuman
TBH I wish Black Widow would huracarana me while I had my mouth open

marwash22
Originally posted by Arachnid1
And the aliens she killed were able to take hits from Cap and keep fighting in several instances. They were also able to drop from many stories up with enough force to crack concrete with no damage, suggesting greater body density. She'll be able to hurt Nite Owl just fine. Plus, a gun is part of her standard equipment. You were trying to argue long range weaponry earlier. She pulls out a gun and shoots him. lol Either way, Widow wins. so you'r making the argument that Black Widow has superstrength now?

laughing out loud stop it.

Nite Owl is faster than her, so if it came down to who shoots faster, he wins. Also, He can survive a bullet, she can't survive a laser.

Arachnid1
TBH I wish Black Widow would huracarana me while I had my mouth open I'd eat the booty

so you'r making the argument that Black Widow has superstrength now?

laughing out loud stop it.

Nite Owl is faster than her, so if it came down to who shoots faster, he wins. He can survive a bullet, she can't survive a laser. I'm arguing that she can hurt him fine. You seem to be arguing that he will survive being blasted in the face. lol

Once again, a laser isn't his standard equipment. When has he used it in a fight before Ozy? And how is he faster than her? She's more agile and more skilled. He's stronger and more durable. Not durable enough to survive a bullet in the mouth from an elite SHIELD soldier who's trained very well with one.

marwash22
you're making statements about the durability of the aliens she fought (and hurt) and using that as reasoning for why she's strong enough to hurt Nite Owl... so you're either saying Widow is super strong, or you're ignoring the blatant plothole in the 'Avengers' that allowed Widow to be able to incomprehensibly hurt aliens that, as you mentioned, got back up when they were hit by Captain America.

do you see how that makes no sense?

ugh. doing goddamn hurricanranas doesn't mean she's faster. Agility and speed are not the same thing.

man, c'mon. So Nite Owl is just gonna stand still and let her aim at the 2 inch space that's not armored? No. That's not how this works. Widow isn't Bullseye or deadshot, she isn't capable of hitting a moving target of that size while also dodging laser fire. get out of here. You're being silly.

Nite Owl pulled the laser out from his utility belt... you have absolutely no proof that it's not always in the belt. The argument that he doesn't always have it because he only needed to use it once, is profoundly dumb.

lol @ "I can't counter that argument, so I'm gonna remove it as a viable option".

You "win" this; because I'm not willing to keep going over the same points that you're failing to counter.

congrats, you Quan'd your way to victory.

Arachnid1
you're making statements about the durability of the aliens she fought (and hurt) and using that as reasoning for why she's strong enough to hurt Nite Owl... so you're either saying Widow is super strong, or you're ignoring the blatant plothole in the 'Avengers' that allowed Widow to be able to incomprehensibly hurt aliens that, as you mentioned, got back up when they were hit by Captain America.

do you see how that makes no sense?

ugh. doing goddamn hurricanranas doesn't mean she's faster. Agility and speed are not the same thing.

man, c'mon. So Nite Owl is just gonna stand still and let her aim at the 2 inch space that's not armored? No. That's not how this works. Widow isn't Bullseye or deadshot, she isn't capable of hitting a moving target of that size while also dodging laser fire. get out of here. You're being silly.

Nite Owl pulled the laser out from his utility belt... you have absolutely no proof that it's not always in the belt. The argument that he doesn't always have it because he only needed to use it once, is profoundly dumb.

lol @ "I can't counter that argument, so I'm gonna remove it as a viable option".

You "win" this; because I'm not willing to keep going over the same points that you're failing to counter.

congrats, you Quan'd your way to victory. I didn't say she's faster. I said she's more agile. I wouldn't give either the speed edge.

So you're claiming its a plot hole that she was able to hurt the aliens because she hasn't shown it on other occasions? I'll claim it's a plot hole that Nite Owl was able to survive Ozy's hits since he never took that kind of damage. Both are BS arguments, and both are wrong.

One again, you have no understanding of how standard gear works. It's on you to prove it was always there despite the fact that he never used it. You cant, therefore its not his standard gear. A gun is Widows standard since she has been shown to carry one on multiple occasions just like any other SHIELD soldier, and she will be able to shoot him just fine. Everything she shoots at is a moving target. Worst comes to worst, she can "hurricanrana" him into submission and shoot him in the face. You can get as mad about that as you like.

I didn't "quan" anything. Quan continues for dozens of pages over nothing. We've barely gone back and forth a few times. You say he can laser her, I say why he cant. You say she cant hurt him, I say why she can. You say he's faster, but you haven't in any way proved this. Your points have been countered or wrong. It's not my intention to get you to give up. I'm trying to make you see why you're wrong. Nite Owl just hasn't been shown to take out anyone of note, unlike Widow no matter how much you try to downplay her showings.

Reminds me of that thread a while back where people tried to argue a depowered THor would beat widow, despite the fact that he has no feats outside of a few SHIELD soldiers. Then people tried to argue that the agents, aliens, robots, (etc...) she took out were all just fodder and meant nothing. It makes no sense. Especially since he himself took out "fodder" SHIELD agents. The dude was featless. This is similar, though not quite as bad.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.