Amazing Spider-Man and Spider-Man vs Lizard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
The fight takes place in central park. No webbing.

quanchi112
laughing out loud

TheVaultDweller
The two Spidermen grab him on either end and rip him in half. stick out tongue

golem370
He might heal back lol

TheVaultDweller
Well, realistically, ASM was able to give him a bit of a fight. He was losing without help, but it wasn't one-sided. Now add Tobey Spidey, who is not quite as fast as Garfield, but makes up for it in strength. So now Lizard has to deal with another guy who can not only match him in speed, but is closer to his own strength level. All while dealing with the guy who had already been giving him issues in the film.

golem370
Did he really give Lizard trouble or was he more of an annoyance?

TheVaultDweller
He did give him trouble. Not enough to be able to beat him, but enough that he was a serious threat to his plans. Spiderman was slightly faster and more agile, and Lizard was stronger and had a greater reach. But the difference in strength and size was greater than the difference in speed/agility, which is why Lizard had Spidey's number.

And two-on-one, the limb ripping thing isn't actually that far fetched. During the school fight, Lizard tail swipes Spiderman and sends him flying, but Peter is strong enough to actually rip his tail off and take it with him as he goes. Now it obviously isn't a permanent solution, considering how quickly Lizard can regrow them, but he is going to be vulnerable while he does so.

TheVaultDweller
The fight being 2-on-1 helps a lot. Where as Garfield couldn't really mount much of an offense, having to dodge Lizard, now, while he is doing it, Tobey could literally just come up behind Lizard, grab him by the tail, and ragdoll him until he is stunned. Considering that Tobey Spidey handled a cable car full of people with one arm, he is most certainly strong enough. And once Lizard is stunned and both Tobey and Garfield can start to properly wail on him, it might start going very south for Doc Connors.

golem370
Two Spider-Men 7/10?

KingD19
Also keep in mind Garfield Spidey seemed to get a major strength bump in the second movie.

golem370
Or maybe they didn't give the character the chance to really show his strength.

KingD19
In here its the same thing. Having not many strength feats and then having several in the sequel that show you at a higher level is just safe to assume either way he's stronger.

golem370
Like Captain America I see one thing and say ok I see it then something in another movie and I am like what the hell.

quanchi112
Originally posted by golem370
Two Spider-Men 7/10? Quit trying to be accepted you won't be.

Khazra Reborn
Macguire could probably solo.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
He did give him trouble. Not enough to be able to beat him, but enough that he was a serious threat to his plans. Spiderman was slightly faster and more agile, and Lizard was stronger and had a greater reach. But the difference in strength and size was greater than the difference in speed/agility, which is why Lizard had Spidey's number.

And two-on-one, the limb ripping thing isn't actually that far fetched. During the school fight, Lizard tail swipes Spiderman and sends him flying, but Peter is strong enough to actually rip his tail off and take it with him as he goes. Now it obviously isn't a permanent solution, considering how quickly Lizard can regrow them, but he is going to be vulnerable while he does so. He was just more of an annoyance IMO. He never really hurt the Lizard, even though he was bloody and cut up by the end of their fights. He barely escaped with his life in every encounter whereas the Lizard was still 100%.

Though I do agree with what you said. I'd actually say that Tobey Spidey may be even stronger than the Lizard, not to mention his durability is off the charts. I think Tobey would actually win in a 1v1 confrontation. Garfield just makes it certain.

Utrigita
The Spidermans should win this relatively easy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.