Supergirl vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

abhilegend
1. Who is stronger?
2. Fist fight. Who wins?

Was curious to see where she is after the latest episode where she picked up a dwarf star key weighing a million tons casually.

carthage
http://cdn.imgs.steps.dragoart.com/how-to-draw-trollface-trollface-step-7_1_000000064351_5.jpg

abhilegend
Eh?

carthage
Did she really perform that feat?

I'm literally just watching the episode where she is fighting Bizarro, and she is really stepping up in terms of skill/power. But do you have any scans or pictures from that episode?

I'm still a little behind, if that feat is as you say It'd put her well above anyone in the MCU or current DCU

abhilegend
Originally posted by carthage
Did she really perform that feat?

I'm literally just watching the episode where she is fighting Bizarro, and she is really stepping up in terms of skill/power. But do you have any scans or pictures from that episode?

I'm still a little behind, if that feat is as you say It'd put her well above anyone in the MCU or current DCU
Yes, she goes to fortress of solitude and Superman has key of dwarf star material which Jimmy informs us weighing a million tons.

She picks it up with no issues.

Silent Master
That feat makes her much stronger than Superman.

carthage
Ironically, yeah

But even in the series she has some incredible strength feats, like lifting a massive portion of a building/tearing off pieces of a Destroyer ship

Her variety of powers is also more explored than MOS Supes

wakkawakkawakka
Assuming that feat is legit that would make Kara stronger than MoS Dupes and pretty much everyone in the MCU.

However I'd still give the fist fight to Thor.

TheVaultDweller
If she really casually lifted a million tons, then she is entire orders of magnitude stronger than MCU Thor, making the opening question in this thread kind of silly.

Silent Master
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
If she really casually lifted a million tons, then she is entire orders of magnitude stronger than MCU Thor, making the opening question in this thread kind of silly.

ABHI is a well known troll that hates Marvel.

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, but this is just cringe-worthy. To put it into perspective, the entire Golden Gate bridge doesn't even weigh a million tons.

FrothByte
I'm holding off till I see the latest episode. For some reason I doubt that it was as heavy as that. Because from what we've seen from Supergirl so far, there's no way she's that strong.

If this is true then she beats the entire MCU lineup plus MOS cast on her own.

If it is not, then Thor wins. Supergirl has been taken out by less opponents.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Silent Master
ABHI is a well known troll that hates Marvel.
laughing out loud

Arachnid1
Originally posted by abhilegend
Yes, she goes to fortress of solitude and Superman has key of dwarf star material which Jimmy informs us weighing a million tons.

She picks it up with no issues. Thats phucking retarded

They legit just put that in for lols and inadvertently gave her a ridiculous feat. Its like they just threw in a random big number. "hur dur a million??"

Anyway, she wins in a stomp now.

FrothByte
I'll weigh in on this WITHOUT taking into consideration that key lift thing... because that's just ridiculous.

1. Who is stronger? - Supergirl. She has way more strength feats than Thor. Who knows, Thor might be strong enough to replicate them if he had flight but the MCU hates giving Thor strength feats so we'll never know.

2. Fist fight. Who wins? - Thor. Supergirl is a crappy fighter. Even she knows it. She's been getting better, but she's still no where near Thor's league. Her superspeed seems to be limited to her dashing at short distances, she's never used it in h2h before. Plus, she's been beaten in h2h by lesser beings than Thor.

Utrigita
Originally posted by FrothByte
1. Who is stronger? - Supergirl. She has way more strength feats than Thor. Who knows, Thor might be strong enough to replicate them if he had flight but the MCU hates giving Thor strength feats so we'll never know.

2. Fist fight. Who wins? - Thor. Supergirl is a crappy fighter. Even she knows it. She's been getting better, but she's still no where near Thor's league. Her superspeed seems to be limited to her dashing at short distances, she's never used it in h2h before. Plus, she's been beaten in h2h by lesser beings than Thor.

thumb up

wakkawakkawakka
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Assuming that feat is legit that would make Kara stronger than MoS Dupes and pretty much everyone in the MCU.

However I'd still give the fist fight to Thor.
Ha..Dupes/Supes.

These match my general thoughts as well. Also I want to know how Kara still comes off as worse in fighting despite supposedly having sparring matches every now and then.

quanchi112
Thor wins.

carthage
I have no idea

She really hasn't fought anyone on Superman's level atm, and keeps getting these monsters of the Week type villains. I guess the closest fight where she won was beating Non the first time, but she lost handily to Astra and Astra held back in their second fight. I'm guessing she's still exploring her capabilities as a fighter, maybe? But yeah she hasn't got the raw fighting ability of Kal, though her other powers like HV, physical strength, HV, seem to be more varied than MOS

abhilegend
I'll weigh in on this WITHOUT taking into consideration that key lift thing... because that's just ridiculous.

Why are we leaving out a strength feat just because it's ridiculous?

Silent Master
How does it make you feel to realize that Supergirl is far stronger than MOS Superman?

abhilegend
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Thats phucking retarded

They legit just put that in for lols and inadvertently gave her a ridiculous feat. Its like they just threw in a random big number. "hur dur a million??"

Anyway, she wins in a stomp now.
If you don't know, the key in comics is always that heavy.

abhilegend
How does it make you feel to realize that Supergirl is far stronger than MOS Superman?
laughing out loud

Oh snake-eyes.

FrothByte

These match my general thoughts as well. Also I want to know how Kara still comes off as worse in fighting despite supposedly having sparring matches every now and then.

As far as I know she only ever sparred twice with her sister. And it's not like you get good after only 2 sparring sessions. I do wish they'd show a bit more of her training.

To be fair though, the way she moves and the fight scenes in general are way better now than they were in the pilot.

Still nothing compared to the other superhero TV shows out there though, especially compared to the Marvel ones. Though I guess it's hard to make decent fight scenes with flight and a lower budget.

Silent Master
laughing out loud

Oh snake-eyes.

Supergirl >>>> MOS Superman in strength.

abhilegend
Type some more >>>>>

Arachnid1
If you don't know, the key in comics is always that heavy. I actually didn't know that, but comics I can understand. Supes benched the weight of the world for 5 days in New52, and pushed around planets before the reboot. A million tons would be nothing to him or any other kryptonian.

Pulling something like that out in the show though, where she hasn't shown any feats to be able to suggest that kind of strength before, seems a bit out of nowhere

FrothByte
Why are we leaving out a strength feat just because it's ridiculous?

1. Because I haven't watched it yet
2. Because do you really trust Jimmy to know what a million tons weigh like?
3. Because it's too darn ridiculous, that's why. An object that small weighing that much should sink down through the Earth. Cut through it like butter.

abhilegend
1. Because I haven't watched it yet
2. Because do you really trust Jimmy to know what a million tons weigh like?
3. Because it's too darn ridiculous, that's why. An object that small weighing that much should sink down through the Earth. Cut through it like butter.
Understandable.

Yes, why not?

More absurd than a solar powered alien flying around? This arbitrary skepticism is amusing.

carthage
Yeah, I just saw the feat Jimmy says its a million tons of "condensed" dwarf star and she lifts it. IIRC I remember Michio Kaku or someone saying a simple teaspoon of the material from Dwarf stars would take tens of thousands of cranes to lift.

Pretty decent showing

Arachnid1
Yeah, I just saw the feat Jimmy says its a million tons of "condensed" dwarf star and she lifts it. IIRC I remember Michio Kaku or someone saying a simple teaspoon of the material from Dwarf stars would take tens of thousands of cranes to lift.

Pretty decent showing I'd say it's a legitimate feat. Stupid to include it so early in the show since it's going to cause a lot of inconsistency, but she did it.

FrothByte
Understandable.

Yes, why not?

More absurd than a solar powered alien flying around? This arbitrary skepticism is amusing.

Ok so first off, how'd Jimmy know how much it weighs?

Also, yes it's more absurd than a solar powered alien flying around because said flying alien has a plausible explanation within the rules of their fictional universe.

And they just messed up these rules with the inclusion of that key. If she was that strong then every minute movement she makes could literally pulverize anything she touches on Earth.

wakkawakkawakka

Pretty decent showing
The problem isn't the feat itself, even though it's ridiculous, but giving it to Kara after nothing she's done so far warrants that it's legit. In fact the Kryptonians have all kind of been jobbers in the show.

playa1258
If she is really that strong. She is stronger than the whole of the Avengers combined.

BruceSkywalker
Thor takes this...

Silent Master
Originally posted by playa1258
If she is really that strong. She is stronger than the whole of the Avengers combined.

Considering that several of the Avengers are human level, that isn't really impressive. if it's true she is stronger than all the MOS Kryptonians combined.

Robtard
The key seems to be a reference to All-Star Superman, so if true, that puts her strength greatly above anyone in the MCU and DCU

carthage
The problem isn't the feat itself, even though it's ridiculous, but giving it to Kara after nothing she's done so far warrants that it's legit. In fact the Kryptonians have all kind of been jobbers in the show.

Astra defeated Martian Manhunter, and has more or less bested Kara twice (holding back in their 2nd duel).

Yeah, Non kind of sucks though. But Astra seems to have been skilled at least, probably not far from Nam-ek imo

Considering that several of the Avengers are human level, that isn't really impressive. if it's true she is stronger than all the MOS Kryptonians combined.

Wasn't Tony holding back the SHIELD ship when it was coming apart, or something like that in the 1st Avengers film? Anyway its hardly relevant to add the humans to the equation, considering most of us here probably know that the greater feats of strength come from the like of Hulk, Tony, and Thor which combined accounts for the most impressive showings

quanchi112
If she is really that strong. She is stronger than the whole of the Avengers combined. No. Quit embarrassing yourself.

Silent Master
Astra defeated Martian Manhunter, and has more or less bested Kara twice (holding back in their 2nd duel).

Yeah, Non kind of sucks though. But Astra seems to have been skilled at least, probably not far from Nam-ek imo

Wasn't Tony holding back the SHIELD ship when it was coming apart, or something like that in the 1st Avengers film? Anyway its hardly relevant to add the humans to the equation, considering most of us here probably know that the greater feats of strength come from the like of Hulk, Tony, and Thor which combined accounts for the most impressive showings

Tony helped push start one of the engines, but that is my point, the Avengers only have 3 heavy hitters. MOS had 4 and if this feat is legit, then SG's strength is way above even the combined strength of the Avengers and MOS.

But abhi will never admit that, his entire point in posting this was to troll Avenger fans.

playa1258
Ever since that embarrassing quicksand incident they have gave her better feats.

quanchi112
Ever since that embarrassing quicksand incident they have gave her better feats. Thor still wins.

FrothByte
Ever since that embarrassing quicksand incident they have gave her better feats.

Never could figure out why she didn't just fly out from that quicksand.

wakkawakkawakka

Yeah, Non kind of sucks though. But Astra seems to have been skilled at least, probably not far from Nam-ek
That sounds way more impressive in writing than actually shown. Also considering how Astra was taken out I'm not sure her battle instinct are the most on point.

I still don't know how the Kryptonians can be so powerful and suck so much.

carthage
That sounds way more impressive in writing than actually shown. Also considering how Astra was taken out I'm not sure her battle instinct are the most on point.

She was caught off guard when she was about to finish off MM. How does that mean she sucks? In prior clips she was moving faster then Alex could even perceive, it took her being stabbed in the back by that Kryptonite blade for her to die.

wakkawakkawakka
She was caught off guard when she was about to finish off MM. How does that mean she sucks? In prior clips she was moving faster then Alex could even perceive, it took her being stabbed in the back by that Kryptonite blade for her to die.
Astra is the exception not the rule, which is still weird considering how that sneak attack even happened. The Kryptonians in general, even Kara, come off as inept despite their clear superior stats.

juggernaut74
Did anybody bring up Jimmy mentioning that she's ALOT faster than Superman?

That's crazy.

wakkawakkawakka
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Did anybody bring up Jimmy mentioning that she's ALOT faster than Superman?

That's crazy.
Probably because Kara's speed feats are virtually nonexistent and we have no good picture of how fast Superman in the show is supposed to be.

carthage
She has quite a few offhand like moving in blurring speeds in her fight with Bizarro She also matched that Nuke that was launched in Solitude.

abhilegend
Ok so first off, how'd Jimmy know how much it weighs?

Also, yes it's more absurd than a solar powered alien flying around because said flying alien has a plausible explanation within the rules of their fictional universe.

And they just messed up these rules with the inclusion of that key. If she was that strong then every minute movement she makes could literally pulverize anything she touches on Earth.
Because he is Superman's best friend and has been for years in the show.

Nope. Try again.

quanchi112
Because he is Superman's best friend and has been for years in the show.

Nope. Try again. laughing out loud

They are bffs. You are one of the worst debaters on the net. Seriously.

Raisen
He must be young as hell

quanchi112
Originally posted by Raisen
He must be young as hell I think he just has a learning disability. He's also afraid of father figures.

abhilegend
Oh the trolls are here.

Good to know.

Silent Master
You've been here the whole time.

quanchi112
Oh the trolls are here.

Good to know. Yes, you are here. I'm glad you let us know you're a troll because we never figured that out on our own.

laughing out loud

playa1258
SG wins. Million ton strength.

Thor flipped over a table.

😄

quanchi112

😄 He puts the hammer on her chest. She can't get up. He wins. Marvel fans laugh at DC ones.

Silent Master

😄

That table weighed 14 billion tons. evil face

playa1258
Thor was the only one worthy.

quanchi112
Thor was the only one worthy. So you concede Thor wins.

playa1258
Yeah I think Thor would win.

Raisen
Thor soloes her and all the kryptonians from mos. pretty much everyone feels this way.
common sense

Nibedicus
Just to throw this in:

https://imgur.com/a/tBcaZ

big grin

abhilegend
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Just to throw this in:

https://imgur.com/a/tBcaZ

big grin
Except it's made clear that it weighs 36 pounds or something.

Nibedicus
Except it's made clear that it weighs 36 pounds or something.

T'was a joke. stick out tongue

Darth Thor
Ok I'm a couple of months behind on SG. So what was the Dwarf Star Key supported on before she lifted it?

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Ok I'm a couple of months behind on SG. So what was the Dwarf Star Key supported on before she lifted it?

Powergirl's cleavage.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Fortress' ice. Originally posted by Nibedicus
T'was a joke. stick out tongue
mad

I'll get you on this Nabisco.

shakefist

Nibedicus
mad

I'll get you on this Nabisco.

shakefist

Yeah! Take that, sucka! stick out tongue

Darth Thor
Fortress' ice.

Ah ok. Sounds like a legit feat then.

FrothByte

I blame crappy fight choreography. They seriously need to get a better fight team. Plus the fact that majority of the fights are done by female characters portrayed by women who don't really seem to know how to throw a proper punch, let alone a proper kick. I don't know if it's because they make the actresses do their own fight scenes or that they really have crappy stunt doubles. Even Alex, who's probably the best fighter in the show, still pales in comparison to the female fighters on Agents of SHIELD.

juggernaut74
Arrow has the best female fight scenes.

FrothByte
Arrow has the best female fight scenes.

Have you seen how Laurel and Thea fight??

juggernaut74
Nyssa and Sara are better than those two.

FrothByte
Nyssa and Sara are better than those two.

I know, but you seldom see those 2 fight. Plus it's almost always in the dark so you can get away with a lot more. I'd pick May's and Bobbi's fight choreography over Nyssa's anyday. Sara is a different story.

wakkawakkawakka
Yeah May kind of lays down the law...sort of. Even Skye can be pretty impressive when the show wants her to be.

However I'd take Laurel and Thea's running around any day over whatever the he'll Kara does.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.