Superman & Zod Vs Thor & Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack M
Supes and Zod from MOS. which duo wins?

Arachnid1
Supes and Zod comfortably win, with a little struggle.

FrothByte
Pretty sure this has been done before. Supes and Zod wins.

carthage
Hulk is really only comparable in terms of strength and durability, adding in the extra powers/speed advantage and the Kryptonians should take him out. Thor then gets a one way ticket in a casket to Asgard

quanchi112
Thor and Hulk win. Soundly.

Zack M
Originally posted by carthage
Hulk is really only comparable in terms of strength and durability, adding in the extra powers/speed advantage and the Kryptonians should take him out. Thor then gets a one way ticket in a casket to Asgard

I agree.

quanchi112
Golgo never has a DC avatar. Sad.

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thor and Hulk win. Soundly. laughing out loud

quanchi112
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
laughing out loud I am correct. You aren't. And take debating a little more seriously.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Hulk and Thor win, for the same reasons illustrated in the other threads.

Nibedicus
Zod charges up his eyes to HV Hulk and Thor. Superman, in an attempt to save them, snaps Zod's neck.

/thread

Placidity
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Zod charges up his eyes to HV Hulk and Thor. Superman, in an attempt to save them, snaps Zod's neck.

/thread

So you believe HV would kill Hulk and Thor. Interesting.

Adam Grimes
I am correct. You aren't. And take debating a little more seriously. laughing out loud

Zack M
laughing out loud laughing out loud

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Placidity
So you believe HV would kill Hulk and Thor. Interesting.

I don't have to believe it. I'm not the one snapping Zod's neck.

Raisen
Thor and hulk win. It would happen so fast that a normal person wouldn't even know it happened

quanchi112
laughing out loud You really are nothing more than a jester. Amuse me, jester.

Adam Grimes
You really are nothing more than a jester. Amuse me, jester. I am the one laughing. laughing out loud

quanchi112
I am the one laughing. laughing out loud So you're a jester who laughs at himself.

Placidity
I don't have to believe it. I'm not the one snapping Zod's neck.

But you are the one narrating the scenario. You didn't say Superman *perceived* it would be fatal.

Superman wouldn't snap Zod's neck if he was about to HV another kryptonian.

Likely, Zod/Clark fought Hulk/Thor a little and then Clark correctly assesses they wouldn't survive a HV blast.

thumb up

Nibedicus
But you are the one narrating the scenario. You didn't say Superman *perceived* it would be fatal.

Superman wouldn't snap Zod's neck if he was about to HV another kryptonian.

Likely, Zod/Clark fought Hulk/Thor a little and then Clark correctly assesses they wouldn't survive a HV blast.

thumb up

Well, since I'm the one narrating the scene, I got "narrator's intention" which trumps your "reader's interpretation" any day. I can then take my "narrator's intention" to obviously mean that since Superman has no way to gauge how the heat vision is going to affect some seemingly non-Krpytonian opponents, and then he sees Zod trying to flash fry some people down there, he then takes Zod via rear naked choke, yells "NOOOO" Vader style, cries like a girl and snaps his neck.

Check and mate.

big grin

PS. Hoping ppl realizes I'm just joking here. -_-

Placidity
To be cereals for a moment, I don't see Thor handling a continuous HV beam to the face well.

Hulk, I'd give the benefit of the doubt because he is Hulk, and supposedly has a healing factor (does he?).

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbwksrm1Uk1rxf1f2o1_500.gif

Nibedicus
To be cereals for a moment, I don't see Thor handling a continuous HV beam to the face well.

Hulk, I'd give the benefit of the doubt because he is Hulk, and supposedly has a healing factor (does he?).

It's nice that you have clips of Superman giving his buddy Adam a shave, but how does this convert to Thor being unable to handle a continuous HV beam?

stick out tongue

Anyway, if we're cereal serious, HV beams are pretty powerful the way they melted thru steel girders pretty easily.

Tho Thor does have some pretty impressive "feats", he did facetank the whole Bifrost explosion and that was pretty damn huge. He also took multiple hits from Gungir (2-3 at least) that was known to one shot disintegrate its targets (even those with superhuman stats like Frost giants).

Adam Grimes
So you're a jester who laughs at himself. What a incredible comeback.

relentless1
Kryptonians win based on superior combat speed alone

quanchi112
What a incredible comeback. I win you lose.

CPT Space Bomb
Thor Has the most powerful feats of any of the on screen versions. Hulk had an entire building fall on top of him after a prolonged fight with IM. Zod died to a neck snap.

Thor and Hulk cruise to a victory. Superman will be too busy crying in a corner after Hulk eats Zod.

ShadowFyre
Thor's side wins due to offensive output>>>>>kryptonian spinal column

FrothByte

Though I do think the kryptonians win here, I'd like to point out that Thor has the best durability feats out of anyone here. A full HV blast to the face will probably harm him less than a charged hammer strike will hurt a kryptonian.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Only they don't win, they get curbed.

Zack M
Originally posted by FrothByte
Though I do think the kryptonians win here, I'd like to point out that Thor has the best durability feats out of anyone here. A full HV blast to the face will probably harm him less than a charged hammer strike will hurt a kryptonian.

Yeah, Thor is too slow here.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Zack M
Yeah, Thor is too slow here. Stick to your WB Yes man dayjob Golgo, you're out of your depth here.

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Thor's side wins due to offensive output>>>>>kryptonian spinal column Truth.

NemeBro
Though I do think the kryptonians win here, I'd like to point out that Thor has the best durability feats out of anyone here. A full HV blast to the face will probably harm him less than a charged hammer strike will hurt a kryptonian. What durability feat is that?

Zack M
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Stick to your WB Yes man dayjob Golgo, you're out of your depth here.

Truth.

Supes solos? big grin

CPT Space Bomb
Supes solos? big grin Superman doesn't have the feats Thor has in the movies yet. He could barely solo Zod....a Zod that wasn't even on earth long enough to access his power set to the fullest. Hulk will snap Superman's neck without hesitation.

Zack M
Superman doesn't have the feats Thor has in the movies yet. He could barely solo Zod....a Zod that wasn't even on earth long enough to access his power set to the fullest. Hulk will snap Superman's neck without hesitation.

Zod would likely take Thor. Too strong and fast, IMO.

CPT Space Bomb
Zod would likely take Thor. Too strong and fast, IMO. Zod destroyed a couple buildings. Thor destroyed a city. Thor got pounded by Kurse. That's more physical punishment than Zod took by a long shot. In fact, Thor has more feats (especially durability) than Zod and Superman combined. Thor also has the most impressive offensive feats. Hulk is the Muscle, Thor is the finesse. Thor and Hulk win, after necks are snapped and tears are shed.

Zack M
Cities don't fight back and Thor doesn't have any speed feats that I remember to keep up with the Kryptonians.

CPT Space Bomb
Cities don't fight back and Thor doesn't have any speed feats that I remember to keep up with the Kryptonians. Batman is fighting Superman. Speed means dick.

As far as laughable Zod? He couldn't even beat Russel Crowe. He was utterly pathetic. Terrence Stamp Zod FTW forever.

Thor/Hulk take this 7.5/10.

Zack M
Batman is fighting Superman. Speed means dick.

As far as laughable Zod? He couldn't even beat Russel Crowe. He was utterly pathetic. Terrence Stamp Zod FTW forever.

Thor/Hulk take this 7.5/10.

And? Superman said if he wanted it, he'd be dead. Superman just outclasses these guys, I think. Just like in the comics. stick out tongue

FrothByte
Originally posted by NemeBro
What durability feat is that?

Surviving the bifrost blast, landing face first in the dirt after falling from the hellicarrier, surviving the sokovia destruction, getting tons of rock dumped on him when Sokovia rose to the air, getting multiple unblocked punches from Kurse without getting KO'd (Supes and Zod never took that many unanswered hits), getting a repulsor blast to the face at point blank range (Zod or Supes never tanked an energy blast at that range direct to the face that I recall), getting punched by Hulk who's punch was strong enough to stop the leviathan...

CPT Space Bomb
And? Superman said if he wanted it, he'd be dead. Superman just outclasses these guys, I think. Just like in the comics. stick out tongue

Superman can "Say" what he wants. That doesn't mean anything. Also, speedsters constantly fight with Non speedsters in the comics. Superman might get in some speedy attacks, but again, Thor is more than capable of handling that punishment.

Kurse>>>Superman and Zod put together.

The only thing Superman outclasses is common sense; as no one in DC is smart enough to know that Clark with glasses = Superman.

Zack M
You haven't even seen the movie yet, so you don't know the context. Anyway, Superman>>Kurse. Kurse was a big let down.

CPT Space Bomb
You haven't even seen the movie yet, so you don't know the context. Anyway, Superman>>Kurse. Kurse was a big let down.
Um, no. Superman didn't display anything that would remotely put him in Kurse's class physically. Sure, Supes can fly. But Kurse would destroy him. Unless Superman has a magical black hole bomb on him, he's fkd.

Zack M
Um, no. Superman didn't display anything that would remotely put him in Kurse's class physically. Sure, Supes can fly. But Kurse would destroy him. Unless Superman has a magical black hole bomb on him, he's fkd.

What did Kurse do again? Forgot. I know he owned thor the first time, but didn't Thor beat him the second time?

NemeBro
Surviving the bifrost blast, landing face first in the dirt after falling from the hellicarrier, surviving the sokovia destruction, getting tons of rock dumped on him when Sokovia rose to the air, getting multiple unblocked punches from Kurse without getting KO'd (Supes and Zod never took that many unanswered hits), getting a repulsor blast to the face at point blank range (Zod or Supes never tanked an energy blast at that range direct to the face that I recall), getting punched by Hulk who's punch was strong enough to stop the leviathan... None of those are as good as Superman tanking Doomsday's heat vision or the destruction of the World Engine though (except arguably the bifrost blast).

NemeBro
Thor Has the most powerful feats of any of the on screen versions. Hulk had an entire building fall on top of him after a prolonged fight with IM. Zod died to a neck snap.

Thor and Hulk cruise to a victory. Superman will be too busy crying in a corner after Hulk eats Zod. That neck snap would also kill Thor (Hulk could probably heal from it though).

CPT Space Bomb
What did Kurse do again? Forgot. I know he owned thor the first time, but didn't Thor beat him the second time? Kurse utterly destroyed Thor physically in every way. Also, Kurse was completely impervious to all physical attacks except magic. A magic black hole grenade is the only thing that killed him. Whereas all it takes to kill a Kryptonian is to snap their necks apparently.

NemeBro
That's fallacious reasoning.

No one as strong as Superman tried to snap Kurse's neck. thumb up

FrothByte
None of those are as good as Superman tanking Doomsday's heat vision or the destruction of the World Engine though (except arguably the bifrost blast).

Doomsday hasn't been in a movie yet so we can't know for sure how strong his heat vision is. Also as mentioned REPEATEDLY on these boards, the world engine needed multiple pulses to create the destruction it caused and yet even after multiple blasts some of the cars around it were still intact. Damaged, but intact.

That implies that the World Engine wasn't as destructive as you believe. It's purpose wasn't to destroy the world after all, simply to terraform it.

NemeBro
Doomsday hasn't been in a movie yet so we can't know for sure how strong his heat vision is. Also as mentioned REPEATEDLY on these boards, the world engine needed multiple pulses to create the destruction it caused and yet even after multiple blasts some of the cars around it were still intact. Damaged, but intact.

That implies that the World Engine wasn't as destructive as you believe. It's purpose wasn't to destroy the world after all, simply to terraform it. The energy required to terraform a planet is considerably greater than anything Thor or Hulk have taken or dished out. Also, there was only cars and shit left on the outer rim of the blast. Superman was at the center, in the middle of the flattened crater where buildings and skyscrapers used to be, and was completely unharmed.

Also, we do in fact know how strong his heat vision is. We see the destruction it causes in the trailer.

Time-Immemorial
Kurse utterly destroyed Thor physically in every way. Also, Kurse was completely impervious to all physical attacks except magic. A magic black hole grenade is the only thing that killed him. Whereas all it takes to kill a Kryptonian is to snap their necks apparently.

Statements like this show your ignorance and ineptness to understand screen feats and the power gap between Thor and a Kryptonains.

Silent Master
Power gap? Thor has the better power feats, see his AOE attacks in his first movie, Avengers and AOU.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Statements like this show your ignorance and ineptness to understand screen feats and the power gap between Thor and a Kryptonains. You, Zack and nearly every other DC fanboy give FAR less reasoning why x beats y. So you calling me ignorant and inept is pretty hilarious.
Originally posted by Silent Master
Power gap? Thor has the better power feats, see his AOE attacks in his first movie, Avengers and AOU.

Honestly, the fact of the matter is DCU has no feats. All we have to go off is MoS. There really wasn't anything that impressive there either. Maybe (almost certainly) after BvS we'll have ALOT more to go off of.

Robtard
Thor does have better AOE attacks, but how does that relate to this thread? His Jotunheim-slam and his massive channeling of lighting using the Chrysler building will not matter in this fight, as I don't think either attack will kill, let alone put down a Kryptonian. They're able to survive HV blast, which as we've seen can cut through buildings and re-entry into Earth's orbit. Comparing energy/heat based attacks and resistances.

Silent Master
Speaking for myself, I brought them up in response to the idea that Superman and Zod are more powerful.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Robtard
Thor does have better AOE attacks, but how does that relate to this thread? His Jotunheim-slam and his massive channeling of lighting using the Chrysler building will not matter in this fight, as I don't think either attack will kill, let alone put down a Kryptonian. They're able to survive HV blast, which as we've seen can cut through buildings and re-entry into Earth's orbit. Comparing energy/heat based attacks and resistances.

Heat vision has shown to be pretty powerful sure. But in comparison to Thor's lighting, it's not as strong. At least not yet. As I said, we don't have enough feats to REALLY compare yet. Marvel has a ton of movies. DCU has one so far, about to be 2. We'll know alot more about HV and other stuff after BvS launches.

Robtard
Zod cut a skyscraper in half with a single blast when he first learned how to use it.

CPT Space Bomb
Zod cut a skyscraper in half with a single blast when he first learned how to use it. Thor destroyed a city with a lightning blast.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11123/111230790/4623735-9463383338-45479.gif

Robtard
Thor destroyed a city with a lightning blast.

You're using Ulron's machine as a feat for Thor. That's like saying you can destroy a building with a hand gun, because you used a bullet fired from that gun to trigger the explosion of a bomb that was already in the building.

To your edit of adding the clip. The plot was that they were going to use the energy in Ultron's machine to destroy the city/landmass by overloading it. If Thor could have done it alone by just slamming his hammer, they wouldn't have bothered with the machine. IM helped him too from the other end.

CPT Space Bomb
You're using Ulron's machine as a feat for Thor. That's like saying you can destroy a building with a hand gun, because you used a bullet fired from that gun to trigger the explosion of the bomb that was already in the building. No. Ultron's machine was designed to hold the rock together as it launched and then dropped into the earth. Nothing more. Thor's attack is what destroyed it. And Thor's other lighting feats are more impressive than Zod's anyways. Zod's is good; for sure. But still not as strong as Thor's and CERTAINLY not as varied.

KuRuPT Thanosi
What durability feat is that?

So has the bleeding stopped? Are you officially out of hiding?

Robtard
No. Ultron's machine was designed to hold the rock together as it launched and then dropped into the earth. Nothing more. Thor's attack is what destroyed it. And Thor's other lighting feats are more impressive than Zod's anyways. Zod's is good; for sure. But still not as strong as Thor's and CERTAINLY not as varied.

Sorry, but you're wrong. They (Thor and Tony) overloaded the machine and used its own energies to destroy the landmass; this was the plot.

edit:

You can watch that scene where Tony explains it for yourself, but here's the MCU wikia breakdown:

"As the landmass plummets, Iron Man and Thor overload Ultron's machine and shatter the city into rubble, which falls safely into a lake."

CPT Space Bomb
Sorry, but you're wrong. They (Thor and Tony) overloaded the machine and used its own energies to destroy the landmass; this was the plot.

edit:

You can watch that scene where Tony explains it for yourself, but here's the MCU wikia breakdown:

"As the landmass plummets, Iron Man and Thor overload Ultron's machine and shatter the city into rubble, which falls safely into a lake." Oh, and what exactly overloads it? The amount of power and lightning Thor brings down on that city is the main factor here. Let's say that we (generously) give Tony even 50% of the credit. It's still more impressive than anything HV has done so far.

Robtard
Oh, and what exactly overloads it? The amount of power and lightning Thor brings down on that city is the main factor here. Let's say that we (generously) give Tony even 50% of the credit. It's still more impressive than anything HV has done so far.

Dude, come on. Tony and Thor overloaded the machine and the machine exploding is what destroyed the landmass, this was the plot. You're giving a "city busting" feat to Thor that isn't his, it was the machine's.

eg Would you say a small detonator is the same as multiple sticks of TNT because the detonator is what caused the TNT to explode and take down a building? You wouldn't.

CPT Space Bomb
Dude, come on. Tony and Thor overloaded the machine and the machine exploding is what destroyed the landmass, this was the plot. You're giving a "city busting" feat to Thor that isn't his, it was the machine's.

eg Would you say a small detonator is the same as multiple sticks of TNT because the detonator is what caused the TNT to explode and take down a building? You wouldn't. No, I won't "come on" because you want to give Ultron's machine all the credit for a scene which was clearly designed to give Thor and Iron man a heroic and powerful moment. Many times the "plot" as you like to say, called for power, Thor delivered it. Who brought Vision to life? Thor. Thor made Iron man 400% more powerful with a single lightning attack. Thor destroyed and entire section of Jotunheim with a single strike. He destroyed a fleet of Chitauri. Thor has a ton of feats. Superman and Zod have a couple. We'll see, as I said, more on this as BvS releases.

Robtard
Just weird now. Thor and IM were the heroes, they're the ones that stayed behind to destroy the machine and save humanity.

But the plot as IM explains is that if they overload the machine, the resulting explosion will destroy the landmass. The machine destroyed the landmass; they used something that was going to kill off humanity to save it.

CPT Space Bomb
Just weird now. Thor and IM were the heroes, they're the ones that stayed behind to destroy the machine and save humanity.

But the plot as IM explains is that if they overload the machine, the resulting explosion will destroy the landmass. The machine destroyed the landmass; they used something that was going to kill off humanity to save it. What was going to kill humanity was the impact of a city-sized asteroid slamming into the earth at that height/velocity.

Ultron's machine was simply built to hold the landmass together as it also lifted and flew it into the atmosphere. Once it got high enough, it was basically a dead weight given free fall. Iron man charged the main shaft so that Thor could overload it and cause a mass explosion. THEY destroyed the city. Not Ultron. Nice that dc guys like you try your best to take away any credible feats any chance you get though. thought that was above you rob.

Robtard
Trying to have a normal conversation, can you stop with the silly baseless attacks because you happened to misinterpret a scene? It's really not a big deal; I'm not making it one.

They overloaded the machine, the resulting explosion (ie machine exploding like a bomb) destroyed the landmass, this was literally the plot. Giving Thor and/or Tony the ability/feat to destroy a city because they used something else to do so is flawed; it's not like this ability is standard to either of them. You're giving Thor and possibly Tony feats they do not normally show/possess.

(This is an aside as it really doesn't matter to our convo, but the landmass wasn't going to free fall, the machine was going to reverse polarity and then speed the landmass back down, turning it into a humanity killer. Tony explains this as well in the scene)

edit: Look at it this way, do you think Thor could destroy a landmass as we saw without using Ulron's exploding machine?

Zack M
The energy required to terraform a planet is considerably greater than anything Thor or Hulk have taken or dished out. Also, there was only cars and shit left on the outer rim of the blast. Superman was at the center, in the middle of the flattened crater where buildings and skyscrapers used to be, and was completely unharmed.

Also, we do in fact know how strong his heat vision is. We see the destruction it causes in the trailer.

Yeah, true. thumb up

Silent Master
That beam was on for an awfully long time and hadn't even destroyed a single city, so let's stop with the massive exaggeration of it's hitting power.

FrothByte
The energy required to terraform a planet is considerably greater than anything Thor or Hulk have taken or dished out. Also, there was only cars and shit left on the outer rim of the blast. Superman was at the center, in the middle of the flattened crater where buildings and skyscrapers used to be, and was completely unharmed.

The energy is greater true but the destructive power is not. After all, Thor can take out an entire city, the WE didn't. Therefore, Superman surviving that World Engine beam is not quite as impressive as you make it sound like, simply because we can't really quantify what kind of force that beam was generating

CPT Space Bomb

edit: Look at it this way, do you think Thor could destroy a landmass as we saw without using Ulron's exploding machine? You're right about the reversal of the engines; I'd forgot about that. Doesn't change the fact that the machine was not a bomb. It was merely a vessel.

As far as can Thor destroy a city sized land mass? I wouldn't say easily. Based off the Jotunheim feat and the AoU feat though I'd say he could; sure.

Robtard
You're right about the reversal of the engines; I'd forgot about that. Doesn't change the fact that the machine was not a bomb. It was merely a vessel.

As far as can Thor destroy a city sized land mass? I wouldn't say easily. Based off the Jotunheim feat and the AoU feat though I'd say he could; sure.

It exploded like a bomb after it was overloaded though. My advice would be to re-watch AOU, or at least skip to the Sokovia scene. Tony explains his plan and it's the resulting explosion of the machine that does the landmass in.

I disagree based on the same scenes and that's okay. Thor's not shown that level of output, at least not yet, am expecting his powers to be amped for Ragnarok.

CPT Space Bomb
It exploded like a bomb after it was overloaded though. My advice would be to re-watch AOU, or at least skip to the Sokovia scene. Tony explains his plan and it's the resulting explosion of the machine that does the landmass in.

I disagree based on the same scenes and that's okay. Thor's not shown that level of output, at least not yet, am expecting his powers to be amped for Ragnarok. Yes, he has. Maybe not by himself. But Thor in the movies has perhaps the greatest/most powerful feats of any super hero in movies. Watch Thor 1 again. He was pretty much impervious when he wanted to be and HANDLED the Destroyer. His Jotunheim busting feat as well; coupled with the AoU scene that you keep trying to give him 0 credit for roll eyes (sarcastic) lead me to believe it's WELL within his powerset.

The only thing we agree on is that he will be more "Thor-like" for Ragnarok.

Robtard
Don't roll your eyes at me, mister. That was the plot.

For sure, he's seemingly not going to be on Earth or at least not much and the players around him will be heavy hitters, will allow MCU Thor to be more like comic Thor.

CPT Space Bomb
Don't roll your eyes at me, mister. That was the plot. Again, I disagree. It was a showcase of Thor's power. Iron man served up the Alley-Oop and Thor dunked it home, periodThor 1 is still his best overall showing to date. He has some really good feats across all movies though.

Placidity
Rob, I didn't know you were this patient.

Adam Grimes
Lol.

Zack M
Yes, he has. Maybe not by himself. But Thor in the movies has perhaps the greatest/most powerful feats of any super hero in movies. Watch Thor 1 again. He was pretty much impervious when he wanted to be and HANDLED the Destroyer. His Jotunheim busting feat as well; coupled with the AoU scene that you keep trying to give him 0 credit for roll eyes (sarcastic) lead me to believe it's WELL within his powerset.

The only thing we agree on is that he will be more "Thor-like" for Ragnarok.

Smallville superman through a planet. I think he has the best feat. Or Donners superman turning back time.

Silent Master
His comment was about movies, so why are you bringing up a TV show?

Zack M
Well, one of them was from a movie. stick out tongue

Time-Immemorial
Zod and Kal are unstoppable working together.

NemeBro
The energy is greater true but the destructive power is not. After all, Thor can take out an entire city, the WE didn't. Therefore, Superman surviving that World Engine beam is not quite as impressive as you make it sound like, simply because we can't really quantify what kind of force that beam was generating Robtard has already explained that Thor never busted a city under his own power.

The WE didn't yet, but within the World Engine was the energy required to significantly alter the climate and atmosphere of a planet. Superman endured this energy.

It's not the beam that's impressive. It's flying through the World Engine and being unharmed that is impressive.

NemeBro
Smallville superman through a planet. I think he has the best feat. Or Donners superman turning back time. I think Silver Surfer in Rise of the Silver Surfer probably has the best comic movie feats, even if the movie was shitty.

FrothByte
Robtard has already explained that Thor never busted a city under his own power.

The WE didn't yet, but within the World Engine was the energy required to significantly alter the climate and atmosphere of a planet. Superman endured this energy.

It's not the beam that's impressive. It's flying through the World Engine and being unharmed that is impressive.

Robtard explained his opinion, which mayor may not be correct. Nbedicus countered that with his own opinion, which could or couldn't be true.

Fact is, WE was turned on for a good amount of time and still didn't cause as much destruction as what Thor could have done in the same amount of time. My point is, you literally have no idea just how much force was being generated by the WE beam so we don't know how good a feat Superman flying into it is.

jinXed by JaNx
superman and Zod win quite handedley

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
superman and Zod win quite handedley Thor and Hulk win quite easily.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Hulk and Thor do win, and it's decisive. Hulk is simply too much here.

Zack M
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
superman and Zod win quite handedley

Thought so. stick out tongue

Robtard
Robtard explained his opinion, which mayor may not be correct.

The film supports it though, because what I said was taken directly from the plot and what Tony said.

Raisen
Either marvel character could solo

quanchi112
Originally posted by Raisen
Either marvel character could solo thumb up

Superman and Zod were pathetic in their film.

TH3_V01D
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CdwLSk1UYAIzjpz.jpg:large

nuff said

Silent Master
Is that supposed to be impressive?

quanchi112
Originally posted by TH3_V01D

nuff said That looks shitty, kiddo.

Arachnid1
Honestly, that's pretty impressive.

Silent Master
I could see the Hulk easily replicating the feat.

Adam Grimes
You have quite a good imagination then.

Silent Master
Not really, just have to watch the leviathan punch.

Adam Grimes
Isn't comparable at all tbh, and He doesn't really have much in terms of strength fts.

Silent Master
Isn't comparable at all tbh, and He doesn't really have much in terms of strength fts.

When you consider the Leviathan's mass + speed, the Hulk stopping it with one hand is easily comparable to pulling the ship.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by TH3_V01D

nuff said

Looks like an Arleigh Burke-class destroyer to me. Tho from the image, I can't really be sure.

http://www.democratsforprogress.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/ArTruxtun.jpg

Thing weighs from about 9k-11k tons. Impressive "feat" to be sure.

Tho, dragging it on water and ice does reduce a lot of its friction. I dunno. Still pretty freakin impressive. Is that from the new movie? Looks pretty CGI-y. Hope movie doesn't look like that.

Nibedicus
Doing a little research, it looks like the friction coefficient of steel on ice is about .03. Kinda reduces the feat's impressiveness quite a bit...

Edit. Tho, I'd like to reiterate that I'm no physicist, so I might well be WAY off.

playa1258
Impressive feat. Would like to see the context behind it.

TheVaultDweller
He's going to use it to club Batman. stick out tongue Batman blocked his punch and, based on what Clark did to that truck in MoS, he likes to overcompensate.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by playa1258
Impressive feat. Would like to see the context behind it.

Grand Theft Destroyer

TethAdamTheRock
Grand Theft Destroyer Calculate how heavy is the Leviathan

Nibedicus
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Calculate how heavy is the Leviathan

Hey now, I'm not your calculator servant. Do it yourself! mad

Didn't even say pls.....!

sad

TethAdamTheRock
Please big grin

Nibedicus
Too many unknown factors in the math and physics of it all (being alien-y as it is) for me to comfortably do it, and am too lazy atm to even try hehe. :-p

ares834
Doing a little research, it looks like the friction coefficient of steel on ice is about .03. Kinda reduces the feat's impressiveness quite a bit...

Edit. Tho, I'd like to reiterate that I'm no physicist, so I might well be WAY off.

Considering it's ripping through the ice and not merely sliding across it, it really shouldn't.

carthage
When did he perform that feat?

Nibedicus
Originally posted by ares834
Considering it's ripping through the ice and not merely sliding across it, it really shouldn't.

Skates "rip" thru ice as well. It's just doing it at a much lower scale.

Feel free to correct my limited understanding of physics, however. I'm no physicist.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by carthage
When did he perform that feat?

I dunno. I asked, no one seemed to want to answer. As it is now, it looks like some one drew it using phtoshop. Hope movie doesn't look like that, tbh.

ares834
Skates "rip" thru ice as well. It's just doing it at a much lower scale.

Feel free to correct my limited understanding of physics, however. I'm no physicist.

Sure. Not sure what you are trying to say here though.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by ares834
Sure. Not sure what you are trying to say here though.

Well, my understanding of the "feat" is that, while the destroyer is around 9-11k tons (fully loaded, which means the ship he is dragging should be below this number), the actual force needed to achieve said pull is greatly reduced by the much lower resistance due to the low steel-to-ice friction coefficient (plus maybe some added resistance from the ice breaking from the weight of the ship). That he is NOT actually applying equal force as need to lift 9-11k tons, but a small fraction of said amount.

I haven't crunched the numbers, however. So, I have been feeling lazy as of late.

The most important question lies in where the "feat" even originates. Is it part of the new movie or what?

ShadowFyre
You're using Ulron's machine as a feat for Thor. That's like saying you can destroy a building with a hand gun, because you used a bullet fired from that gun to trigger the explosion of a bomb that was already in the building.

To your edit of adding the clip. The plot was that they were going to use the energy in Ultron's machine to destroy the city/landmass by overloading it. If Thor could have done it alone by just slamming his hammer, they wouldn't have bothered with the machine. IM helped him too from the other end.

Ok, so pretty close but there was NO bomb or exploding device inside the portion of Sokovia that was lifted into the air. I'm not sure why everyone has different ideas about what happened. There was literallly an x-ray picture of the landmass and what Ultron put inside of it. And then Tony gave a run through of what was going on. I literally just rewatched that scene for this so.

In the center of the landmass is the vibranium tube/drill that runs from top to bottom that will hold the hole thing together. Around the island are random repulsors and engines to lift the island to the desired height and drop it creating an ELE ( extinction level event) similiar to the asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs.

Thor charged an attack and struck the Vibranium, Tony said that Thor could break the island by himself but he needed to cause a heat seal so that THORS POWER could double back. The Vibranium absorbs a certain amount of energy and reflects the rest back. As shown in all of the Avengers movies and explained in CA:TFA. It was hinted at in the beginning against the enhanced soldiers.

The only thing Tony did was seal the end of the vibranium off so that instead of shooting out the other end, Thor's attack doubled back and reverberated amongst itself to turn everything into rubble and not just large chunks. Which if he had not sealed it off probably would have just cracked whole thing down the center.

Even ignoring that huge feat of destroying the landmass with his power doubled back because the Kryptonians have nothing remotely close to it, and assuming you pretend there was a random bomb that was never mentioned in the movie exploded. There is still the damage that that one lightning bolt ( this one unamplified by the Chrysler Buildings ability to somehow magically enhance lightning even though no other building anywhere "amps"lightning that I know of.) did when it initially touched down and completely atomized, not cut through a single girder but ashed multiple buildings in less time than Supes cut through a single beam with his hv. Lightning is still hotter than the surface of the sun by a good bit so that would explain that.

The World Engine is a teraformer, its not a weapon. It obviously took it awhile and wasnt that powerful if normal humans were withstanding it.

TethAdamTheRock
Hopefully we get some high end feats from infinity war

The Sorrow
Thor never destroyed the island using physical strength, he destroyed a few blocks but his lightning with help from Tony is what did it.

Kal and Zod have very few feats, throwing trucks and punching each other through buildings is normal for heroes on this level. Thors exotic powers are dangerous and Hulk is virtually unstoppable.

Avengers win for now.

quanchi112
Hopefully we get some high end feats from infinity war Prepare for Thanos. The character all DC fans fear. I am sure DC will try and copy to bring out the pale imitation known as Darkseid.

Darth Thor
Hulk lets Thor's team down here. Having no flight or exotic powers he won't be able to keep up with the Kryptonians.

TethAdamTheRock
Prepare for Thanos. The character all DC fans fear. I am sure DC will try and copy to bring out the pale imitation known as Darkseid. All that matters if it is good. Darkseid was able to handle both Superman Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman at the same time. Let's see how strong they make thanos

quanchi112
All that matters if it is good. Darkseid was able to handle both Superman Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman at the same time. Let's see how strong they make thanos Dc also had Darkseid beg for mercy against Superman. Thanos let the surfer attack him and he was unfazed. Thanos has always been the top dog out of both companies.

Darth Thor
We will probably see Darkseid in action around the same time we see Thanos, given Justice League Part 1 is in 2017, Infinity War Part 1 in 2018, and JL2/IW2 both in 2019.

Who knows, might even see Darkseid in action first if WB jams it into JL Part 1.

TethAdamTheRock
Who's playing Captain Mavel in Justice League?

Darth Thor
Who's playing Captain Mavel in Justice League?

Not cast yet, and no confirmation of him being in Justice League anyway.

TethAdamTheRock
If it's justice League Darkseid war he's gonna be in it.

And is the Shazam Movie coming out part of DC cannon? If so it might be him

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darth Thor
We will probably see Darkseid in action around the same time we see Thanos, given Justice League Part 1 is in 2017, Infinity War Part 1 in 2018, and JL2/IW2 both in 2019.

Who knows, might even see Darkseid in action first if WB jams it into JL Part 1. Thanos was shown first and has been years in the making. If DC wants to just shove Darkseid in this early then lol at their short sightedness. Thanos is already known to the general audience.

relentless1
Prepare for Thanos. The character all DC fans fear. I am sure DC will try and copy to bring out the pale imitation known as Darkseid.

you are aware that Marvel ripped Thanos off from DC right? he's the pale imitation

quanchi112
Originally posted by relentless1
you are aware that Marvel ripped Thanos off from DC right? he's the pale imitation Untrue. You can continue to lie but at this point the general audience has been exposed to Thanos first. Darkseid is a pale, less successful imitation of Thanos.

Darth Thor
Well yeah Darkseid did come first in the comics. Probably Marvel's response to Darkseid, but they are pretty different as well.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Well yeah Darkseid did come first in the comics. Probably Marvel's response to Darkseid, but they are pretty different as well. Thanos wasn't based off Darkseid, noob. Thanos is the first to hit the mainstream due to the films and he wasn't even based off Darkseid you ignorant fool.

Robtard
Originally posted by relentless1
you are aware that Marvel ripped Thanos off from DC right? he's the pale imitation

Thanos Fanboys refuse to believe this, as if Thanos being inspired off another character somehow makes their micro-penises smaller.

Comics rip/borrow from each other all the time. Thanos was definitely inspired from Darkseid, Gladiator took elements from Superman. Deadpool took elements from Deathstroke etc.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Starlin, his creator says he was more in the mold of Metron was his goal. He admitted that he liked Kirby's New God's stuff, and that he had images and ideas that revolved around God's and thing... and he came up with Thanos. But he's said he was modeled more after Metron than DS. It has never really bothered me to be molded after DS anyways. They are both good characters and kind of similar in ways. Never had an issue there.

Robtard
No sensible person would have a problem with a character being inspired by another as long as the new character is well done

I quote Starlin:

Link

But even quoting the very creator of Thanos admitting that Thanos was inspired by Darkseid won't stop the most micro'd of the Thanos micro-penis fanboys from crying foul. Watch.

quanchi112
Thanos Fanboys refuse to believe this, as if Thanos being inspired off another character somehow makes their micro-penises smaller.

Comics rip/borrow from each other all the time. Thanos was definitely inspired from Darkseid, Gladiator took elements from Superman. Deadpool took elements from Deathstroke etc. Metron isn't Darkseid you ignorant noob. You're a massive idiot. You're the standard ignoramus stumbling into the theatre. You make me sick.

Robtard
Case in point Relentless and KT, see above, I directly quote the creator of Thanos word for word and a Thanos fanboy throws a hissy-fit.

quanchi112
Case in point Relentless and KT, see above, I directly quote the creator of Thanos word for word and a Thanos fanboy throws a hissy-fit. He says he was inspired by Metron not Darkseid. For ****s sake quit trolling like in the gdf.

Robtard
TIL: The final character design doesn't matter, it's what came before but was later altered is what apparently matters.

"Kirby had done the New Gods, which I thought was terrific. He was over at DC at the time. I came up with some things that were inspired by that. You'd think that Thanos was inspired by Darkseid, but that was not the case when I showed up. In my first Thanos drawings, if he looked like anybody, it was Metron. I had all these different gods and things I wanted to do, which became Thanos and the Titans. Roy took one look at the guy in the Metron-like chair and said: "Beef him up! If you're going to steal one of the New Gods, at least rip off Darkseid, the really good one!" -Starlin

laughing out loud

quanchi112
TIL: The final character design doesn't matter, it's what came before but was later altered is what apparently matters.

"Kirby had done the New Gods, which I thought was terrific. He was over at DC at the time. I came up with some things that were inspired by that. You'd think that Thanos was inspired by Darkseid, but that was not the case when I showed up. In my first Thanos drawings, if he looked like anybody, it was Metron. I had all these different gods and things I wanted to do, which became Thanos and the Titans. Roy took one look at the guy in the Metron-like chair and said: "Beef him up! If you're going to steal one of the New Gods, at least rip off Darkseid, the really good one!" -Starlin

laughing out loud Starlin the man who created him based him off Metron that's how he was inspired. He says it word for word. He wasn't dreamt up based off Darkseid by Starlin the creator. For ****s sake Rob this isn't hard to grasp.

Robtard
Relentless and KT, I think these two back-to-back hissy-fits and the ones previously thrown are enough to prove my point about Thanos fanboys. Thanks.

quanchi112
Relentless and KT, I think these two back-to-back hissy-fits and the ones previously thrown are enough to prove my point about Thanos fanboys. Thanks. You clearly left out the other rest of the link from den of geek. He was based off Metron not Darkseid. Starlin is the creator. Your ignorance is annoying. Go troll elsewhere. Metron not Darkseid but he rose to greater heights than either of those two has beens.

quanchi112
Thanks is also an obsessed character and like I've said my characters have traits I possess. You call me obsessed and I freely admit it. You're not and therefore an ordinary dullard cucking from the shadows.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.