Superman and Analogues Free-For-All

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Interneton
Superman
Hyperion
Gladiator
Supreme
Apollo
The Plutonian
Omni-Man
The Samaritan
Icon
Marvelman/Miracle Man
Shazam
Sentry
Alpha One
Mr. Majestic
Blue Marvel

Superman and numerous characters directly inspired by him (or said to be) in one big battle. Who wins?

Surtur
I would think at his most powerful Sentry would win.

carver9
Sentry

Stoic
Here come the giant sand worm jokes.

carver9
Everyone here have much worse though. That sand worm was completely indestructible.

ghostman
superman. th rest are a joke, cept majestic, plutonian, and shazam

deathslash
Originally posted by carver9
Everyone here have much worse though. That sand worm was completely indestructible. scans please. I was completely unaware of this feat.

carver9
What ft?

carver9
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/101942/3198209-2.jpg

If you need to know about the worm then here it is. The shell of the worm is impenetrable...the sturdiest creature known in the Galaxy. Once it has you, theres no escape.

Sentry getting free is a ft in and of itself. The worm was completely indestructible.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by deathslash
scans please. I was completely unaware of this feat.

Carver was talking about the so called Shai-Hulud or in this case the Worm of the Harkep.

http://i.imgur.com/RbycPpc.jpg1

Unless you wanted to see Sentry and the worm itself.

With me it always seems like Remender wrote hismelf into a hole and knew the worm was a good way to be rid of him. I mean a character like Sentry who in that story could've taken on pretty much all the characters and killed them, what could they use to defeat him? That so called indestructible worm I thought of a few issues back. It's like the same thing with him just flying off with Exitar's corpse.

He'd just said that he wanted to kill the "cancerous mutants" and the Wasp said when this is over we will have a big problem on our hands (referencing the Sentry). So what happens? He flies off with Exitar to never be seen again even till this day.

Edit: Ninja'd by Carver

DarkSaint85
Minor correction.

The worms were the sturdiest creatures in ITS galaxy.

Quite a difference.

RealityWarper
Sentry swat all the others at the same time like a bunch of flies.

Khazra Reborn
The Plutonian ftw.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Carver was talking about the so called Shai-Hulud or in this case the Worm of the Harkep.

http://i.imgur.com/RbycPpc.jpg1

Unless you wanted to see Sentry and the worm itself.

With me it always seems like Remender wrote hismelf into a hole and knew the worm was a good way to be rid of him. I mean a character like Sentry who in that story could've taken on pretty much all the characters and killed them, what could they use to defeat him? That so called indestructible worm I thought of a few issues back. It's like the same thing with him just flying off with Exitar's corpse.

He'd just said that he wanted to kill the "cancerous mutants" and the Wasp said when this is over we will have a big problem on our hands (referencing the Sentry). So what happens? He flies off with Exitar to never be seen again even till this day.

Edit: Ninja'd by Carver

Not at all happy how he's portrayed

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Not at all happy how he's portrayed

What you mean how the Sentry's portrayed?

Diesldude
Superman beats all the cheap imitations.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
What you mean how the Sentry's portrayed?

The Worm of Harkep.

Surtur
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
The Plutonian ftw.

The guy never realized his full power, how is he killing someone like Sentry who can come back from being utterly destroyed?

Horrificus
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
The Plutonian ftw. correct

Surtur
But why is that correct? What specifically do you think the Plutonian is going to do to Sentry? You can't punch the guy to death unless he really just wants to die. Which I assume in this case he does not.

One Big Mob
If there's one thing this forum needs it's more Superman threads involving his clones.

With that said, Billy one shots everyone here

random letters
Plutonian

Unless it's the Sentry that beat Molecule Man. Then him.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Surtur
But why is that correct? What specifically do you think the Plutonian is going to do to Sentry? You can't punch the guy to death unless he really just wants to die. Which I assume in this case he does not. i don't think u have read Irredeemable. Either that, or, like a lot of people in this forum, u r forgetting a lot of feats, statements and details that were in the series.

To even effect this character, EVERY PUNCH required the death of entire star systems.

He was able to stop the Moon from spinning by only using his mind.

Even the comments made by board members, concerning the Plutonian not understanding his powers, is a little bit weak. Especially when there are details being ignored, such as the situation where the Eleos (all-powerful beings who r the Gatherers and Caretakers of All Spacetime's Knowledge throughout the Multiverse), realize that they had lost "control of the narrative" to the Plutonian.

No. There is nobody on that list that could defeat him.

Honestly, considering what he really is and can really do, I wouldn't even classify him as a Superman clone.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Horrificus
i don't think u have read Irredeemable. Either that, or, like a lot of people in this forum, u r forgetting a lot of feats, statements and details that were in the series.

To even effect this character, EVERY PUNCH required the death of entire star systems.

Even the comments made by board members, concerning the Plutonian not understanding his powers, is a little bit weak. Especially when there are details being ignored, such as the situation where the Eleos (all-powerful beings who r the Gatherers and Caretakers of All Spacetime's Knowledge throughout the Multiverse), realize that they had lost "control of the narrative" to the Plutonian.

Honestly, considering what he really is and can really do, I wouldn't even classify him as a Superman clone.
I have to admit, I agree 100% with the post above and I would like to say that it shows a high degree of intelligence and comic book insight.
Kudos my friend.

ghostman
i don't think u have read Irredeemable. Either that, or, like a lot of people in this forum, u r forgetting a lot of feats, statements and details that were in the series.

meh, supermans high ends>

DarkSaint85
I have to admit, I agree 100% with the post above and I would like to say that it shows a high degree of intelligence and comic book insight.
Kudos my friend.

He was also punched by a guy who punched so hard, he punched through time.

Also, not sure why people are using Death Seed Sentry. Surely that is amped, no?

Surtur

Nope I've read it just fine.

It required the death of stars. You are acting like it takes star system destroying force to hurt him. But when you take out the main star of a system it f*cks the system over. We've seen Plutonian hurt on a variety of occasions and it doesn't take something beyond Sentry to do.

Yep and he blew up a mountain by snapping his fingers. Yet Sentry has fights with people in the microverse with energy flares large enough to be seen in the normal universe. He briefly contains the energies of a cosmic cube, and does all kinds of other stuff.

He never got control of his full powers. Whatever way you want to spin it he didn't. You're trying now to put Tony at a level beyond what he was at when he died.

At the end of the day one of these people can come back from total destruction and the others can't.

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
He was also punched by a guy who punched so hard, he punched through time.

Also, not sure why people are using Death Seed Sentry. Surely that is amped, no?

Amp?

Where did you get that from about the death seed?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_super/11122/111229114/4683235-4579085-3475615-astonishing%2Bx-men%2B065-011.jpg

DarkSaint85
Freeing mind for its full potential = amp.

RealityWarper
Freeing mind for its full potential = amp.

The other Horsemens weren't amped at all. The Celestial tech made them better with some energy claws for Daken for exemple.

But the Death Seed amp it's owner only if he is meant to take the succession of Apocalypse.

Freed his mind = stable Sentry with no roleplay of Sentry or the Void.

That's not exactly an amp.

DarkSaint85
Could he have achieved it on his own, without the Death Seed?

RealityWarper
Could he have achieved it on his own, without the Death Seed?

With a good therapy ? Yes.

However he said that he got rid of the Void while he was inside the Sun, meaning he lost his schizophrenia.

He said that he got rid of his agoraphobia too inside the Sun.

Both when he faced Thor.

The real trick is that the Death Seed replaced his personality with the one of Death therefore he is an Horseman now; and not Robert Reynolds changing into the Void because of his schizophrenia or creating the SEntry to counter him.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by RealityWarper
With a good therapy ? Yes.

However he said that he got rid of the Void while he was inside the Sun, meaning he lost his schizophrenia.

He said that he got rid of his agoraphobia too inside the Sun.

Both when he faced Thor.

The real trick is that the Death Seed replaced his personality with the one of Death therefore he is an Horseman now; and not Robert Reynolds changing into the Void because of his schizophrenia or creating the SEntry to counter him.

Ah, gotcha.

So DS Sentry is a completely different character from Sentry, as Bob is no longer there?

RealityWarper
Ah, gotcha.

So DS Sentry is a completely different character from Sentry, as Bob is no longer there?

Bob is here but brainwashed.

Gambit was an horseman and came back to his former self thanks to the help of Mister Sinister.

The other mean is to use a Life Seed on the Horseman so it erases his personality and becomes an empty one.

DarkSaint85
I remember when Archangel had the same issue.

I think we are arguing semantics here. Regardless of what it is, as shown by carvers scan (thanks carver), it helped unlock his powers, and he achieved things he had never been shown to do before, at levels we had not seen before - which to me is an amp.

An easy way to look at it, is to use the BZ rules, which define power unlocking as:

Bit of a cop-out, to be sure, but it chimes with how I see an amp. DS Sentry, who is so different from other Sentry's we actually define him with the prefix 'DS', had power levels and abilities plain old normal 'Sentry' did not.

As per rulings:

Admittedly, that is talking about Siege Sentry. But the same rule applies - if it has to be preceded by a suffix, then it is a different character.

Same with DoS Supes, WWH, Insane Genis Vell, Warrior Madness Thor etc.

RealityWarper
I remember when Archangel had the same issue.

Archangel had several add-ons of Apocalypse's tech like his wings.

It is said in the scan that the Death Seed just freed his mind. It's not question of powers.

Sentry's power-set didn't change. He was created as a reality warper and remained one of them.

Nope.

He is just a stable Sentry and don't roleplay a character.

Basically he uses the full scope of his powers and that's actually totally in agreement with the forum rules.

The only problem is that those rules gives different flavor for a single character whom just use shapeshifting and reality warping powers in different ways because he is crazy.

It's like separating the feats from the Joker according to the mental issues he shows in every volume (because according to the Arkham psy he never manifested two times the same mental issues).

Even if you consider that it is a "Sentry Siege" and according to the forum rules that the characters are & fight at their best he can't be suicidal nor agoraphobic (the Void is never agoraphobic) and therefore operates at the best of his powers AKA stable Sentry.

DarkSaint85
They fight at their best - but they are still in character. It's not just the powerset.

This is especially true for Sentry, what with his mindset.

Bob's personality and how he uses his powers (and his needs/wants etc) are all different to Death Seed Sentry.

Freeing the mind changes his power levels. Agree his powerset didn't change - never said it did - but his levels did. Whether these levels are because his mind was now more willing to cut loose, or not, is moot -as the Death Seed freed his mind. as per the scan (hence my thanks).

RealityWarper
They fight at their best - but they are still in character. It's not just the powerset.

In character Sentry has no problem killing his ennemies.

About this are the characters supposed to be nerfed in the forum fights ?

Because if not Sentry is stable.

His mental issues were removed before the add of the death seed.

At worst we can believe that he is now stable and will roleplay the Golden Guardian if he get his personality back.

Do you mean from limitless to limitless ?

Not really.

That's the way he uses his powers that change.

At least I can concede that he will not manipulate negative energies like tendrils or so...

But his power-level don't change.

The guy is literally stated to be limitless, like the Cosmic Cube-beings, in all books.

I don't call that an amp.

For exemple, Spider-man restrict himself to kill his opponents because he is a good guy... Doctor Octopus altered his mind and imprited his personality in Parker and since Parker was confused he happened to hit his ennemies at full force and even kill them...

Did Spider-man gain some power-up ?

Nope of course.

He just used his abilities in a different way.

DarkSaint85

For exemple, Spider-man restrict himself to kill his opponents because he is a good guy... Doctor Octopus altered his mind and imprited his personality in Parker and since Parker was confused he happened to hit his ennemies at full force and even kill them...

Nope of course.

This is the pertinent point, so forgive me if I only respond to this.

SpOck had a completely different mindset to Parker. He's a separate character. Using his abilities in a different way, meant that he was a different guy. We can't cross their feats.

This doesn't just extend to killing. Bob also believed he could be knocked out, for example. And so, he was (unless you want to argue he was overpowered, which I doubt you would). so his mindset is different. Which ties into his powers.

carver9
In character Sentry has no problem killing his ennemies.

About this are the characters supposed to be nerfed in the forum fights ?

Because if not Sentry is stable.

His mental issues were removed before the add of the death seed.

At worst we can believe that he is now stable and will roleplay the Golden Guardian if he get his personality back.

Do you mean from limitless to limitless ?

Not really.

That's the way he uses his powers that change.

At least I can concede that he will not manipulate negative energies like tendrils or so...

But his power-level don't change.

The guy is literally stated to be limitless, like the Cosmic Cube-beings, in all books.

Nope of course.

thumb up

It's not an amp. It's a cleanse of mind.

DarkSaint85
So, a completely different character thumb up

RealityWarper
This is the pertinent point, so forgive me if I only respond to this.

SpOck had a completely different mindset to Parker. He's a separate character. Using his abilities in a different way, meant that he was a different guy. We can't cross their feats.

This doesn't just extend to killing. Bob also believed he could be knocked out, for example. And so, he was (unless you want to argue he was overpowered, which I doubt you would). so his mindset is different. Which ties into his powers.

That's not a completely different character, that's the same character acting in a different way.

The nuance matters.

By the way the Death Seed freed the mind of the other Horsemen without any power-up so that's not an amp.

I already said that what limited Bob powers AKA his agoraphobia was negated during his days inside the Sun, before he was "Death Seeded".

DarkSaint85
Well, we'll just go round in circles with this.

I believe DS Sentry is a different beast to Sentry, and we can't cross their feats.

You believe otherwise. That's your opinion, and that's fair enough.

RealityWarper
Well, we'll just go round in circles with this.

I believe DS Sentry is a different beast to Sentry, and we can't cross their feats.

You believe otherwise. That's your opinion, and that's fair enough.

Let's agree to disagree.

DarkSaint85
thumb up

abhilegend
Death Seed cleared Daken's mind too and gave him energy claws.

Oh wait....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.