So...what happened to TANK?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Damien777
I realize that they briefly mention Tank's death in RELOADED...but exactly how does HE die?

justinday15
I don't remember them saying anything about Tank in Reloaded, but we'll probably find out in Revolutions.

Tevesh
yeah. i heard we find out what exactly happend to him. i remember something about him dying after a mission, or during one

turin
well the dude who played tank is sueing the wachowski bros. he probably asked for too much money so they wrote out his character.

Rin
Supposedly, there were some problems with the actor, so they wrote out his character and replaced him with Link.

It's a shame, because Tank is one of the most laid-back characters in the Matrix and I'm playing favorites.

Ushgarak
www.boycotthematrix.com

yerssot
he died?

maul's woman
It was mentioned that he died. But the other posters are correct. Marcus Chong is sueing the Brothers. He has also been hanging about the studio while M.R. was being filmed I read somewhere. Not inside. Anyway, there was a big disagreement. Too bad. I loved his character too. Actually the only main characters are Neo, Trinity, Morpheous and Smith. That's it. Everyone else has been replaced. Reloaded and Revolution are actually one movie cut in half, so I am counting the replacement as only 2 movies... THE MATRIX and it's sequel.

alaba
i'm not quite sure but in the revolutions trailer, i thought i saw TANK'S back with the curled hair siiting in front of the matrix grid monitor of a ship..yeah he was busted by the wachowskis but i read somewhere that he might return in revolutions...check the trailer..sure i saw him!
Happy Dance

maul's woman
I'll do that. I need my Matrix "fix" again. I'm getting the withdrawal sweats again. sad Time to see M.R. again!!! big grin

I'll look for him in the trailer. big grin

Raz
Yep its true. He is suing the two studios involved for not hiring him.

Zee (Tanks sister) did mention him when she was talking to Link. Something about losing her two brothers (Dozer and Tank).

Read more here: http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,11831,00.html

Ushgarak
The link I posted tells you all you need to know.

Raz
That link doesn't work for me.

Damien777
Well, DAMN...that is not right. Marcus was DENIED a great opportunity (to have such a SUCCESSFUL series under his belt), I realize that there are great opportunities for him in future roles...but, he really should have been in the sequels. Tank held his own in the FIRST MATRIX and survived!!! Tank really was full of energy...AND SURPRISES!!! It is a shame he and his character were so CHEAPLY written off...after all, if it wasn't for TANK saving Morpheous and crew...there would be no SEQUELS to speak of!!!

Regards,
D

squarn
that article said he was an anarchist

"Why suggest that either my faiths of anarchy must be chosen or my goals for profit." Marcus Chong from the eonline article

there is a god, and her name is Eris!!!

HotPizza
Goddamnit. I loved tank. I agree with Damien totally, i hate it when characters get writ off like that with bearly any explanation and other something so petty as money!? Money shouldn't be an issue when working on something like the matrix. Oh well, Link's alright. Not as good as tank but he's okay he adds an element of innocence to the crew that i feel is lost with Neo realising himself as the one.

Ushgarak
Marcus Chong didn't so himself any favours with his attitude to things. Still, regardless of whether the film was the worst for it I believe the brothers were working on the principle that an actor should not set his own salary unless he is indispensable.

Captain REX
The links not working for me either.

Ushgarak
Duh! Silly me, THREE ts in 'boycott' and 'the'!

Sorry guys. Check it out NOW, then:

www.boycottthematrix.com

evilelvis
when.............when will any of the forums here lead to the truth?

alaba
NOVEMBER...AND BE A BELEIVER EVILMAN

BEST TRINITY
I read it too that he suing the Bros. And i heard when Zee told Link she lost two brother in the NAB and she doesnt wanted Link to go to the mission with Morph

alaba
yeah but i think i saw tanks back in the revolutions trailer.......

BEST TRINITY
I CAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNTTTTTTTTTT WAIT TILL NOVEMBER THIS IS INSANE IM GETTING ANXIOUS ABOUT MATRIX IM GOING TO THE THEATHER IN 1 HOUR TO C M.R. FOR THE FOURTH TIME. I CANT WAIT ANY LONGER THRU NOVEMBER REALLY I CAAAAANNNNNTTTTT.

BEST TRINITY
WELL BYE I HAVE TO GET DRESS

alaba
ha..you're seeing it for the fourth time? i've been banned from my local cinema for coming to see the same movie gazzilion times...................

Tex
That chong actor dude is a total drama queen diva!
He had a crummy little role in The Matrix and demanded big buck$ to star in Reloaded!!!

Please!!! He got what he deserved!

And now he's suing? What a joke! He's never going to work for a major studio again! Serves him right!

alaba
i never really liked him too.............and link is better and has a greater sense of humour

evilelvis
end of the day Tanks acting skills could be called tripe and im glad link is here (

Neo04
i can't beleave it sueing them. I found this about the whole sueing thing:
'Matrix' Actor Marcus Chong Sues Over Tank Role
Mon May 19, 2003 08:19 PM ET
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Actor Marcus Chong has sued the makers of "The Matrix" for allegedly reneging on a promise to recast him as a freedom fighter in the 1999 sci-fi thriller's two sequels.
The lawsuit, filed on Friday in Los Angeles Superior Court, accuses Warner Bros. and parent company AOL Time Warner and the film's producers of breaching their 1998 oral agreement and a 2000 contract to revive his character, Tank, in the two sequels, and of slandering him.

Chong, 35, also accused the filmmakers of "intentionally publishing numerous false statements ... that he was a terrorist," and of conspiring to blackball him in Hollywood.

A bail receipt document posted on a fan Web site shows that Chong was arrested on Oct. 18, 2000 for allegedly making threats -- five days after his salary negotiations with the studio collapsed.

Film industry sources said the actor made repeated phone calls of a harassing nature to the filmmakers after his salary demands were not met. Tank was subsequently written out of the sequels and replaced with a character named Link.

A Warner Bros. spokesman and a spokeswoman for writer-directors Andy and Larry Wachowski declined to comment on the pending litigation.

Chong's attorney could not be reached for comment.

Released last week, "The Matrix Reloaded" enjoyed first weekend box office sales of $93.3 million -- higher than any R-rated film in U.S. history and No. 2 among all releases.

"The Matrix Reloaded" stars Keanu Reeves as a resistance fighter who battles an army of machines that seek to take control of the last human city, Zion. It will be followed in November by a third movie, "The Matrix Revolutions."

mac11586
I think the movies are better without his character. The actor playing him dosen't matter his whole purpose in the movie was for that one line cypher said. " If you are the one it would take some kind of miracle to keep me from pulling this plug". Up comes tank and kills him. We are now relieved to see that he is the "one". The way i see it, if he was in the new films it would sort of take away from the whole coming back just to save neo.

BEST TRINITY
Yeah but people like to see same actors in every sequel

Fire
well I still think he wasn't written out in a bad way or anything
it shows that eventho neo is the one ppl on the neb can still die. it gives it a bit more realism according to em

Kes
The movie is R-rated?! I guess the sex scene is enough to make it an R. Do you know what the other one was rated? roll eyes (sarcastic)

princess leia
matrix was r rated? it was only rated m in australia.
our rating system is
>g (general)
>pg(parental guidance recommended for under 13s-not enforced)
>m (reccomended for over 15s-not enforced)
>ma (you have to be accompanied by someone over 15)
>r 18 (accompanied by an over 18)
how strange.
i think the sex scnene was only *just* enough to make it an m. really, it wasnt much. or maybe it just says something about aussie culture...

princess leia
anyway after reading that article i have lost all respect for chong.

HeIsTheOne
Feel the same, wonder if that letter was a joke, "give me so much money OR I'll do the films for free" huh? Anyway I believe he asked for too much money & the Wachowski Brothers didn't feel the need to have the Tank Charachter in the sequels because of all the newbies + didn't want to delay the making of the films over a $ issue sinse the film was supposed to be released last year, but didn't because of the Unfortuante death of Aallia (didn't spell her name right, I think)

alaba
Aaliyah...

princess leia
does r in america mean resricted for ppl over 17 as in only over 17 o just accompanied?

alaba
...dunno!

Kes
Havent a clue but I think americans also have NC-17. Wich you basacly (sp) have to be 18 to see it. Here in portugal is by age like 6years 12years 16years and 18years but it doesn't make a difference because they dont check your age unless your look like you 10 and want to see a 18 movie lol big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.