Ahsoka Tano (S1) vs. Ezra Bridger (S2)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
I know this topic had been made before but whatever.

A recent TV spot shows Ezra Force-choking the Seventh Sister with the guidance of Maul on Malachor. What does this mean for Ezra as a combatant? Is he now powerful enough to beat someone like early-Clone Wars Ahsoka? (Season 1 Ahsoka to be exact).

Battle takes place onboard the Tranquility.

Beniboybling
Well, Ezra clearly has tremendous potential, but he hasn't unlocked it yet, and that's clearly not something he can do without the dark side.

I would still give this to Ahsoka, Ezra holding off the Fifth Brother is impressive, but by Season 1 Ahsoka has already held off Ventress, and defeated three magnaguards, and considering her formal training under Anakin Skywalker, is certainly more technically skilled.

hutchy1345
Link to that tv spot?

carthage
http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/2016/03/new-star-wars-rebels-tv-spots-for-final.html

ares834
Ezra.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by ares834
Ezra. Reasons?

carthage
He seems to have greater force potential than she does at least. At least based off of suddenly jumping from being able to control large beasts to ragdolling one of the Inquisitors due to Maul

|King Joker|
I'd definitely agree he has a greater natural potential than her

Col. Valerian
Ashoka takes this.

Lord Stark
Ahsoka takes this. And no, I doubt Ezra has more potential than she does.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Ahsoka takes this. And no, I doubt Ezra has more potential than she does. Agreed, I'll wait to see how well she performs against Vader before judging on that. He could however.

Syndicate
Ezra is more powerful then this incarnation of Ashoka and I'd say Ezra definitely has more potential.

Ashoka is the better combatant however likely due to training for years at the Jedi Temple. Still Ashoka unless Ezra becomes enraged during the fight and ends up ragdolling her.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Syndicate
Ezra is more powerful then this incarnation of Ashoka and I'd say Ezra definitely has more potential.

Because he ragdolled the Seventh Sister with Maul's training? Please. We never see Ahsoka do something like this because she's a far better Jedi than Ezra and wouldn't use the force for shit like this.

I really don't think that he could. Aside from the fact that the Sister isn't very powerful, she was undoubtedly caught off guard by the fact that a kid that she toyed with just months ago even had it in him to do that.

Also...how do we know this isn't a vision?

chilled monkey
Ezra wins.

Tano's duelling skills are seriously hampered by her custom Ataru variant (great for the battlefield, bad for duelling) and by her use of that idiotic reverse grip (seriously who came up with that thing? Would you hold a gun upside down? It would make as much sense).

Syndicate
The sister's demonstrated better TK feats then Ahsoka.

That's fair. But then Ahsoka probably wouldn't be expecting much from Ezra either.

I highly doubt it but if that ends up being the case feel free to rub my nose in it. Regardless I'd still think Ezra had more potential given the level of beast control he exhibited, being able to land a force push on Vader ( albeit one who wasn't expecting to be challenged in any way ) and has generally been shown and implied to be a force protege.

ares834
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Reasons?

Because he has more impressive feats than anything I can recall Ahsoka doing. Her best feat that I remember from season 1 was destroying the Magna Guards in the film, but fighting on par with the Inqys is frankly more impressive IMO. And that's not even considering him chocking the 7sis out.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Ezra wins.

Tano's duelling skills are seriously hampered by her custom Ataru variant (great for the battlefield, bad for duelling) and by her use of that idiotic reverse grip (seriously who came up with that thing? Would you hold a gun upside down? It would make as much sense). https://media.giphy.com/media/OWpMbuG5W4r4Y/giphy.gif

Originally posted by ares834
Because he has more impressive feats than anything I can recall Ahsoka doing. Her best feat that I remember from season 1 was destroying the Magna Guards in the film, but fighting on par with the Inqys is frankly more impressive IMO. And that's not even considering him chocking the 7sis out. Well I'll give y'all a run-down on Ahsoka's feats as of Season 1:

Holds her own against Grievous, albeit Grievous who wasn't taking her too seriously: ?v=2tddAJyQSqk

Holds her own against Asajj Ventress alone, and again with Luminara Unduli: ?v=4S3pRPrMgKY

Also, I'm not sure whether to credit this to a Force-barrier of sorts or just her natural durability, but she literally landed on an explosion and was unharmed in her duel with Ventress. And as everyone knows, she hurls Ventress a large distance when saving Luminara (yes I'm aware it was circumstantial).

Defeats three MagnaGuards single-handedly shortly after becoming Anakin's apprentice: ?v=qI1UcARiOvM

And of course her calling down a wall on Christophsis is notable.

She also has plenty of accolades during this time if you look at Zapan's respect thread for her, but a good portion are Legends I believe, so take them as you will.

chilled monkey
https://media.giphy.com/media/OWpMbuG5W4r4Y/giphy.gif

Just stating the facts.

|King Joker|
Just stating the facts. Are you going to bring objective, in-universe sources supporting your claim that her skills were hampered because of her custom fighting style or are you going to continue parroting Reti4 and other YT versus video makers?

Emperordmb
thumb up

FreshestSlice
Joker has become powerful.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Indeed. But not strong enough. Not yet. smile

FreshestSlice
True. He'll never know real power until he casts Ahsoka into the fire and embrace Legends.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Indeed. But not strong enough. Not yet. smile strong enough for what

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
You'll AN see smile

chilled monkey
Are you going to bring objective, in-universe sources supporting your claim that her skills were hampered because of her custom fighting style or are you going to continue parroting Reti4 and other YT versus video makers?

I will continue to use common sense and facts thank you very much.

Look at real-life swordsmanship through the ages. How often was the sword held upside-down compared to the regular way? Why do you think that is?

FreshestSlice
Because it's not based on dancing like Star Wars swordsmanship is, nor are most people engaging in sword duels even remotely close to how they're portrayed in Star Wars. Besides, revere-grip is a thing in real life.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Because it's not based on dancing like Star Wars swordsmanship is,

Correction, PT Star Wars swordsmanship is based on dancing (which is why the Prequel duels suck sewage). OT Star Wars duels are based more on actual fencing, which is why they are awesome.

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Besides, revere-grip is a thing in real life.

Again, how common is it compared to the regular grip? Why do you think that is?

NewGuy01
Because things that are impractical in real life may not be in fiction. We've been over this.

cs_zoltan
Ezra wins, because Togrutas don't actually exist.

FreshestSlice
Correction, PT Star Wars swordsmanship is based on dancing (which is why the Prequel duels suck sewage). OT Star Wars duels are based more on actual fencing, which is why they are awesome.

Correction: I don't care and both are trained in PT styles, so that really doesn't matter.

It might have something to do with not existing in space in a non-existent galaxy with magic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.