Holy experiment day

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
Never heard of this before.

Holy Experiment Day

Date When Celebrated : Always March 4

Holy Experiment Day is a day to try something religious. It is a chance to try something, or ask for something, and to measure the results.

There are a lot of things that can be viewed as religious or holy experiments. Some examples could be:

Pray for someone to get better
Pray for snow
Pray for your team to win the superbowl
Pray someone will ask you on a date
Try saying grace at dinner and see if others join you
Try to get a person to attend religious services
Plan to convert someone to your religion
In our examples above, God may grant all, some, or none of the desired results. He may be too busy with the problems of the world to make it snow. He definitely doesn't have a favorite sports team. The Lord truely works in mysterious ways. Sometimes, he has his own plans for an outcome that we may not understand.

We don't want to discourage holy experiments. Quite the opposite, we think they are good. We just believe you shouldn't judge the results. Your religious beliefs will be strengthen and you will be closer to God. So, participate in Holy Experiment Day to its fullest.

Surtur
I think if you're praying for a date or praying for snow then something is off about you.

Raisen
I just prayed for riv to die by rape

riv6672
Did it work?

Raisen
Originally posted by riv6672
Did it work?

Apparently not. But hopefully you got raped and at least died a little on the inside

riv6672
Nope. Didnt get raped. Didnt die. Your mom is a complete lady.

Surtur
Also shouldn't it be impossible for God to be "too busy" with anything? Since..well, God. He is everywhere and nowhere.

riv6672
Ha, i just read Morrison's JLA (first appearance of Zauriel) where the invading angelic host arranged for "The Presence" to be preoccupied by causing a distraction on the edge of creation.
So, maybe God isnt big on multi tasking.

Surtur
That actually reminds me of a DC story with angels..with the angel "Asmodel". He is basically searching for God and busts into his "throne room" and finds it empty..because the Presence is everywhere and in all things.

Bardock42
Those were good stories, I remember reading them when I was a youngin'

riv6672
Yeah, hard to believe Morrison's run was 20 years ago...

Fated Xtasy
T'is odd that they would want to convert more sheep into their little herd, well not that odd I suppose.

T'is a most curious holiday.

Surtur
I mean couldn't I set a bible on fire and call it a "holy experiment" ? That reminds me..and I'm not even joking when I say this: I once used bible paper as rolling paper when I was 16. Is that a sin? To be fair I don't think the page had any bible verses on it..it was like the first page so it probably just had like copyright information on it.

riv6672
I recall that bible/rolling paper scenario from some movie i watched, or story i read. Cant put my finger on it though...huh

Astner
Holy Experiment Day is a day to try something religious. It is a chance to try something, or ask for something, and to measure the results.

Pray for snow
Pray for your team to win the superbowl
Pray someone will ask you on a date
I thought people of faith prayed for the health and well-being of others.

Surtur
I recall that bible/rolling paper scenario from some movie i watched, or story i read. Cant put my finger on it though...huh

Yeah I have some really embarrassing stories about what was used for rolling paper as a young teen. A bible..a goosebumps book..I don't know, but the bible paper was actually a good quality for it. The goosebump page..my friend almost burnt himself.

Plus Goosebump books were awesome.

riv6672
I used to hollow out cigars.

Surtur
Yeah I never liked that because I always thought I could still taste some of the tobacco. I actually hate the act of smoking a joint/blunt. I prefer a nice bowl.

Raisen
Nope. Didnt get raped. Didnt die. Your mom is a complete lady.

lol. i like you

riv6672
So does your mom.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.