Star Wars: Bloodline

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Beniboybling
A new novel called Star Wars: Bloodline about Leia leading up to TFA is coming out in May:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/books/2016/02/04/star-wars-bloodline-exclusive-excerpt-cover-reveal/79692922/

Looks interesting story wise. Thoughts?

cs_zoltan
http://replygif.net/i/1279.gif

I'm just gona wait quietly here in the corner until Disney's OT wank subsides.

|King Joker|
Could be cool but there's so many different stories I'd rather seen told. Kinda with Zoltan here, tbh. I'll still read it though.

AncientPower
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
http://replygif.net/i/1279.gif

I'm just gona wait quietly here in the corner until Disney's OT wank subsides.

See you in ten years.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Could be cool but there's so many different stories I'd rather seen told. Kinda with Zoltan here, tbh. I'll still read it though. Well considering the total lack of exposition we were given on the galaxy politically in TFA, I'm actually quite interested.

What other stories would you like to see told though?

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Well considering the total lack of exposition we were given on the galaxy politically in TFA, I'm actually quite interested.

What other stories would you like to see told though? Fair enough.

Ahsoka Tano post-TCW and Maul post-SoD. Granted, I'm not entirely sure if I would want those stories to be told in a novel format, but I think they should be told ASAP in some form or another. I also just want more exploration on maybe surviving Jedi during the Purge- I think that would be cool; mainly because I'd like to see more Jedi characters during that period.

And I know many would disagree with me on this- but I think Dark Disciple should have a sequel. Or basically, just a novel on Vos. Mostly because I think Vos was made out to be such a big deal during Dark Disciple, so I don't think he should just fade into obscurity. It would just be weird for to have such a major role, then becoming irrelevant after Dark Disciple finishes.

Also a follow-up on Barriss Offee.

ares834

carthage
I'll probably read it.

the Excerpt was decent

Beniboybling
Fair enough.

Ahsoka Tano post-TCW and Maul post-SoD. Granted, I'm not entirely sure if I would want those stories to be told in a novel format, but I think they should be told ASAP in some form or another. I also just want more exploration on maybe surviving Jedi during the Purge- I think that would be cool; mainly because I'd like to see more Jedi characters during that period.

And I know many would disagree with me on this- but I think Dark Disciple should have a sequel. Or basically, just a novel on Vos. Mostly because I think Vos was made out to be such a big deal during Dark Disciple, so I don't think he should just fade into obscurity. It would just be weird for to have such a major role, then becoming irrelevant after Dark Disciple finishes.

Also a follow-up on Barriss Offee. Mm, interesting, I think a look into survivors of the Jedi purge, and some Jedi purge stories in general would be interesting. But with the Kanan comics covering that ground and Vader busy in his own series, its probably a long way off.

I think we've had enough Maul novels though, I mean there are a tonne. Save that for a cameo appearance or side story tbh.

|King Joker|
Mm, interesting, I think a look into survivors of the Jedi purge, and some Jedi purge stories in general would be interesting. But with the Kanan comics covering that ground and Vader busy in his own series, its probably a long way off.

I think we've had enough Maul novels though, I mean there are a tonne. Save that for a cameo appearance or side story tbh. Yeah like I said Idk if a novel would be the most appropriate for Maul, I just think that part of his story should be covered in some way.

Darth Abonis
I'm looking forward to this novel, as I do with every Star Wars adult novel. I hope its good, but since Lost Stars was great, this book should be too, as it was written by Claudia Gray (same author)

Beniboybling

|King Joker|
Out today!

Darth Thor
Well considering the total lack of exposition we were given on the galaxy politically in TFA, I'm actually quite interested.

Yes, and kind of important to fill in that gap for this time period.

Selenial
Strong female lead, politically based and not original trilogy?

Yeh I'll read it.

The Ellimist
^ lol what's wrong with the OT?

FreshestSlice
Disney ripped its dick off with its endless wanking.

The Ellimist
Just wait for Disney Luke.

Col. Valerian
I need Disney to give me some good ol' power quotes about the Sheev.

The Ellimist
"Even Sheev was but an insect next to the ancient lords of the sith."

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Col. Valerian
I need Disney to give me some good ol' power quotes about the Sheev. "Here are Sith Lords who can manipulate black holes, planets, Sidious hasn't done anything on par with this, in terms of Force powers." --Official Fact File 2016. smile

Col. Valerian
wut

The Ellimist
That's Gideon.

ares834
Finished this today. It's very good. Gray does a great job creating a lot of really fun and unique characters.

Darth Abonis
"Here are Sith Lords who can manipulate black holes, planets, Sidious hasn't done anything on par with this, in terms of Force powers." --Official Fact File 2016. smile

Where are you getting this information from. Which Fact File says this?

|King Joker|
smile

Beniboybling
smile smile smile

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
laughing out loud LEL laughing out loud

ILS
F*cking hell.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
Where are you getting this information from. Which Fact File says this?
The Official Star Wars Fact File #70.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by ares834
Finished this today. It's very good. Gray does a great job creating a lot of really fun and unique characters.

Do you think it compares favorably to most of the old EU?

NewGuy01
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
The Official Star Wars Fact File #70.

Ant's lying.

It's fact file #141.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Do you think it compares favorably to most of the old EU?
The EU novels were terrible, so...

Beniboybling
I'm about nine or ten chapters in and I agree with Ares that this book is very good. It's well written; the characters are excellent, Leia in particular is very well done; the plot is also really good, and I feel like it hasn't even properly kicked off yet.

It's also an entirely new era, so the galaxy feels really fresh, and the shit that is happening feels actually important, rather than being a mere side story. It's definitely the best Canon novel I'd read so far, which isn't saying much, but even so I'd recommend it to anyone.

Syndicate
Cut the psuedo reviews. Any feats?

The Ellimist
Can canon Luke manipulate black holes?

|King Joker|
I finished it yesterday, and yeah it's pretty good. The side characters are actually interesting for once, which is unusual for a Star Wars book, and the author did a great job writing an older, wiser Leia but still keeping her personality from the movies intact. The book also explains how the First Order came to be, so that alone should get people to read it. I'd give it a 4/5.

Rockydonovang
If disney actually respected the ot, they would build off it, not try to replicate and replace it

Fated Xtasy
I finished it yesterday, and yeah it's pretty good. The side characters are actually interesting for once, which is unusual for a Star Wars book, and the author did a great job writing an older, wiser Leia but still keeping her personality from the movies intact. The book also explains how the First Order came to be, so that alone should get people to read it. I'd give it a 4/5.

Wait...wait..wait.

Hold the **** up you finished a book for once?

Emperordmb
Yeah wtf Joker lol

Beniboybling
It's a really good book yeah, my favourite Canon novel so far.

TheMuser
Good book, thrawn is better tbh

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Wait...wait..wait.

Hold the **** up you finished a book for once? only took me 3 1/2 months smile

Originally posted by TheMuser
Good book, thrawn is better tbh Just bought Thrawn today I'm excited

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.