Beast (Hank) vs. Cap and WS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Using Beast from the X-men movies... can he take both of these guys in a pure h2h encounter?

Inhuman
No

golem370
He could either a good hand to hand fight.

TheVaultDweller
Kelsey Grammar Beast (Beast at his oldest, most muscular and most experienced) would make a good fight for either IMO, but two-on-one he is going to have trouble.

golem370
Not enough feats.

carthage
Team wins

TheVaultDweller
Who doesn't have enough feats? If you mean KG Beast, all the feats count for him, as he is just the older and more experienced version of the same character from First Class/Days of Future Past.

golem370
Forgot about they being the same

BruceSkywalker
Team wins this...

KuRuPT Thanosi
Beast should dominate this fight imo. He's faster.. more agile... likely stronger... There isn't a single advantage either Cap or WS posses that Beast doesn't. I guess healing factor, but that won't save these guys here. He basically rips them a new one.

TheVaultDweller
Guess your opinion differs from the majority then. Also, what has Beast done to suggest he has actual faster combat speed/reflexes than them? We know he has a running speed edge, thanks to seeing the race he had with Xavier in First Class, but I don't recall any combat showings of his that put him above them. Winter Soldier flipped out of the way of Falcon's machine pistol fire, and Cap used his shield to block point blank shots from Bucky, aimed at different areas of his body, during their final fight in TWS. And what has he done that makes you think he is likely stronger than Cap or Bucky? Also, what comparable durability feats does he have?

And in terms of pure skill and technique displayed, Cap and Bucky have him beat.

FrothByte
Beast has better agility feats but that's about it I think. Cap has better strength feats and way better fighting feats.

Nibedicus
Hank has better leaping/jumping "feats" no doubt. And he appears a quite a bit stronger as well. I will give precision and skill to Cap and Bucky and they do seem to be able to react faster. Won't be enough 1-on-1 with Beast, he would likely pwn them individually.

But as a team, I can see them using teamwork and coordination to take him down. Well at least based on what I see from the CW trailer vs Iron Man. They seem to be able to time their hits almost perfectly. I can see them keeping Beast off balance as soon as they manage to score a decent hit (and they will). I say team after an awesome fight.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Hank has better leaping/jumping "feats" no doubt. And he appears a quite a bit stronger as well. I will give precision and skill to Cap and Bucky and they do seem to be able to react faster. Won't be enough 1-on-1 with Beast, he would likely pwn them individually.

But as a team, I can see them using teamwork and coordination to take him down. Well at least based on what I see from the CW trailer vs Iron Man. They seem to be able to time their hits almost perfectly. I can see them keeping Beast off balance as soon as they manage to score a decent hit (and they will). I say team after an awesome fight.

Just curious why you think Beast is stronger? He doesn't really have any notable strength feats that I can recall, at least nothing that beats holding up a car, tossing a motorcycle, ripping off a car door, ripping out a steering column, or kicking a guy a good 30 feet, into a jet engine, or Cap's new helicopter feat from the CW trailer. Also, we don't have the greatest idea of how well he'd be able to take repeated hits from people on Cap/Bucky's level.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Just curious why you think Beast is stronger? He doesn't really have any notable strength feats that I can recall, at least nothing that beats holding up a car, tossing a motorcycle, ripping off a car door, ripping out a steering column, or kicking a guy a good 30 feet, into a jet engine. Also, we don't have the greatest idea of how well he'd be able to take repeated hits from people on Cap/Bucky's level.

I guess the ease at which he picked up Wolverine and still managed to jump around. Although I will admit, quantitatively given Cap's upper strength "feats" I wouldn't put this "feat" past him as well. It was more a subjective guess more than a quantified one, tbh. I'm feeling lazy this morning hehe.

TheVaultDweller
I don't think that's really anything beyond what Cap could do, if you consider the ease with which he held a motorcycle, with three women on top of it, above his head. He was holding them steady and not even breaking a sweat.

FrothByte
Yeah, Cap may not jump as high but picking up Wolverine shouldn't be tha hard.

meep-meep
Beast goes down hard.

HulkIsHulk
Hank might be able to take them down with high difficulty one-on-one, but together they stomp him 1000/1000

quanchi112
Originally posted by golem370
He could either a good hand to hand fight. Would you please speak in complete sentences.

quanchi112
Originally posted by meep-meep
Beast goes down hard. thumb up

golem370
Originally posted by quanchi112
Would you please speak in complete sentences.

You are a troglodyte.

KuRuPT Thanosi

quanchi112
Originally posted by golem370
You are a troglodyte. Projecting.

TheVaultDweller
It's telling that the only person making these claims about Beast, and insisting that he would win, is someone with a long history of downplaying Cap/Bucky. And what is more telling is that he believes Beast would "dominate" and "rip them a new one", or basically stomp them, yet he is also the OP. So he has basically admitted that he tried to make a spite thread, and now is upset that it backfired.

Raisen
Either one of the team has a high probability of soloing

TheVaultDweller
I don't know about that. I think he could definitely pull wins against either one-on-one, but a numbers advantage, especially when the guys are as in sync as Cap & Bucky, is a massive tipping factor in a fight. The way they were beating up on Tony together it was almost as though they had a mental link, but then they did fight side-by-side for years, during WW2.

KuRuPT Thanosi
It's telling that the only person making these claims about Beast, and insisting that he would win, is someone with a long history of downplaying Cap/Bucky. And what is more telling is that he believes Beast would "dominate" and "rip them a new one", or basically stomp them, yet he is also the OP. So he has basically admitted that he tried to make a spite thread, and now is upset that it backfired.

Reading comprehension is your friend VD. The reality of what I said was that one v. one I see him dominating. In a 2 v 1 situation, I said it would be harder. The only other time I said it would be brutal and dominant, is if Beast goes for the kill right away with his claws. Should be fair game in a h2h encounter, and devastating, but I even assumed he wouldn't. I think it would be a decent fight, but a fight that is beasts' to lose.

tkitna
Team wins

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Reading comprehension is your friend VD. The reality of what I said was that one v. one I see him dominating. In a 2 v 1 situation, I said it would be harder. The only other time I said it would be brutal and dominant, is if Beast goes for the kill right away with his claws. Should be fair game in a h2h encounter, and devastating, but I even assumed he wouldn't. I think it would be a decent fight, but a fight that is beasts' to lose.

Don't backtrack now that you've been caught. You claimed "Here I'm assuming he won't go for the kill, but he'll still be dominating this fight". Are you denying you said this in the thread you yourself made?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Don't backtrack now that you've been caught. You claimed "Here I'm assuming he won't go for the kill, but he'll still be dominating this fight". Are you denying you said this in the thread you yourself made?

I shouldn't have to define terms that should already be known in a vs. battle. When I say dominate, when speaking of a h2h encounter... that can encompass many types of dominate. To use real life examples:

1. One could say if I submit somebody, I dominated them. I made them tap. That doesn't mean I dominated every second of the fight. For example Diaz vs. McGregor. McGregor was dominating the whole first round and most of the second. Nate was bleeding like a stuffed pig. However, all it took was one blow that stunned him, followed up by more blows and then a submission.

2. Pernell Whitaker vs. Ramirez.... Pea was seen backing up for most of the fight and Ramirez was the aggressor pushing the fight. Remirez was never hurt, or in any danger the entire fight. that didn't stop Pea from dominating almost every second of the fight making Ramirez look terrible. Yet he never hurt him, never drew blood, never had him in any danger and backed up most of the fight. Yet he still dominated him.

3. A fight could be relatively close, but one fight is dominating where the action is fought and how. So he's looking and feeling like the better ring general and like he's dominating the action.

or dominating can mean the only way you seem to be able to define it

4. One guy kicking the crap out of the other with little to no response.

Point is, Beast will be bossing the fight and dictating the fight. Not WS or Cap. They will be fighting out of their element, and thus why I see Beast dictating and dominating the action. I'm not shying away from a thing, I just didn't think I need to define a basic term like that when it comes to combat. There are many forms of dominating. Now if it's one v one and he can go for the kill... It's 4 all day everyday. 2 v 1... could be either of the first 3 or a combo of both. But Beast is winning.

TheVaultDweller
So you admit that you tried to make a thread where you believed there was a clear winner who would "dominate", i.e. a spite thread. Glad we got that settled.

tkitna
So you admit that you tried to make a thread where you believed there was a clear winner who would "dominate", i.e. a spite thread. Glad we got that settled.

And it failed. Beast still loses.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Hank might be able to take them down with high difficulty one-on-one, but together they stomp him 1000/1000 I'd agree with this

He can take either solo, but both at the same time is unlikely.

quanchi112
So you admit that you tried to make a thread where you believed there was a clear winner who would "dominate", i.e. a spite thread. Glad we got that settled. Kt isn't bright.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.