Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
Wiki link.

Discuss.

BruceSkywalker
should be good.....

Kazenji
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
should be good.....

That's it?

should be good to see Kurt Russell in it, Glad his getting more movie roles again

Wonder who Stallone will be, Seen in some comments he should be Ego The Living Planet.

steverules_2
Soon as I saw you mention Kurt Russell I just knew he'd be playing Quill's father, click on the link and he is, a good choice I think. Can't wait for this, I really enjoyed the first film.

jaden101

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by steverules_2
Can't wait for this, I really enjoyed the first film.

Who didn't smile

Patient_Leech
Hope the soundtrack is at least as good as the first. The music was an important character in the film. Very Tarantino-esque. This was easily my favorite Marvel film.

Impediment
Adam Warlock and Beta Ray Bill, please.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Kazenji
That's it?

should be good to see Kurt Russell in it, Glad his getting more movie roles again

Wonder who Stallone will be, Seen in some comments he should be Ego The Living Planet.

well yea lol.... I do figure that Kurt Russell will be good as Starlord's baby daddy...

not buying the Stallone rumor... looking forward to seeing Karen Gillan again as I've been a fan of hers for a while..

Originally posted by Impediment
Adam Warlock and Beta Ray Bill, please.

Bill could be in Thor 3 stick out tongue

CPT Space Bomb
It's gonna be great. Can't wait.

Robtard
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Hope the soundtrack is at least as good as the first. The music was an important character in the film. Very Tarantino-esque. This was easily my favorite Marvel film.

Agreed, that great soundtrack in all the right scenes really added to the film and considering it ended with "Awesome Mix Vol. 2" being shown, I'm guessing they'll do it again.

Insane Titan
Got a feeling the Magus will be introduced. Seeing as the Russo brothers said that a cosmic villian will be in infinity war as well as Thanos

Kazenji
Rumor: Stallone's Purported "Guardians of the Galaxy" Role May Have Ties to Familiar Characters

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/rumor-stallones-purported-guardians-of-the-galaxy-role-may-have-ties-to-familiar-characters

Kazenji
Seen stuff about Howard the Duck might be back for the sequel.

abhilegend
Please have Magus as villain.

quanchi112
Originally posted by abhilegend
Please have Magus as villain. Beg for marvel characters. Good, good.

Impediment
How can Magus be involved without Adam Warlock?

-Pr-
How can Magus be involved without Adam Warlock?

they'd find a way. wouldn't be the first time they butchered the lore, and gunn iirc likes dumbing things down.

Kazenji
He did a fairly decent jump of the infinity gems and where they came from in the first Guardians movie, Hell he even threw in a Celestial....i have to disagree with you there.

-Pr-
He did a fairly decent jump of the infinity gems and where they came from in the first Guardians movie, Hell he even threw in a Celestial....i have to disagree with you there.

I don't see what that says about my post? I liked GOTG; I wasn't saying it was a bad movie. It just wasn't pushing the envelope either though, and as with most Marvel movies, it had no problem cutting and pasting to fit the story.

Kazenji
Originally posted by -Pr-
I don't see what that says about my post?

Well you said he likes to butchere the lore "supposedly"

so put the two things together.

-Pr-
Well you said he likes to butchere the lore "supposedly"

so put the two things together.

No, I said "they", as in Marvel as a whole, which they'd had no problem doing for the MCU.

Gunn is a part of it sure, but he's not the larger part of it. iirc it was his decision to change the Nova Corps, hence the dumbing down comment. So separate yet still connected points.

Adam Grimes
Matthew Mcconaughey as Warlock/Magus. thumb up

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Adam Grimes

he would be perfect but don't think he'd be interested

Kazenji

Gunn is a part of it sure, but he's not the larger part of it. iirc it was his decision to change the Nova Corps, hence the dumbing down comment. So separate yet still connected points.

Well the Nova Corps never had the Nova Force power

who's to say that won't get introduced later on.

-Pr-
Well the Nova Corps never had the Nova Force power

who's to say that won't get introduced later on.

We don't know. But it isn't the only example with Marvel movies. They've done an amazing job, imo, of bringing a good number of the central characters to the screen. But when it comes to the plots, they've been far too willing to cut up the lore and just take the bits they need to suit the story.

Which was my original point. It's not out of the question to think that if they wanted to use Magus, they'd find a way to do it their own way.

Adam Grimes
he would be perfect but don't think he'd be interested That little phuck already turned it down last year iirc.

Kazenji
We don't know. But it isn't the only example with Marvel movies. They've done an amazing job, imo, of bringing a good number of the central characters to the screen. But when it comes to the plots, they've been far too willing to cut up the lore and just take the bits they need to suit the story.

Which was my original point. It's not out of the question to think that if they wanted to use Magus, they'd find a way to do it their own way.

That and also the MCU is ment to be another one of the countless universes.

-Pr-
That and also the MCU is ment to be another one of the countless universes.

yep, for better or worse.

Impediment

****. No.

Impediment
The Soul gem will, most likely, be introduced in Doctor Strange.

What about the Time gem?

Kazenji
If that picture that's been going around for a while is any indication, The last two gems will finish off the word "Thanos"

BruceSkywalker
That little phuck already turned it down last year iirc.

i think so yea...

The Soul gem will, most likely, be introduced in Doctor Strange.

What about the Time gem?

could somehow be in Cap Civil War unless they wait and the Time gem is in Guardians 2

-Pr-
I wouldn't be surprised if one of the post-credit scenes of an upcoming Marvel movie was a scene of Thanos getting his hands on a gem.

Inhuman
I heard the time gem is in Dr. Strange

Soul might show up with warlock.

Who knows though.

Kazenji
dB-XsiNs2dw

Patient_Leech
^ short, but cool shit thumb up

I actually really dig behind the scenes stuff. The first Guardians Blu-ray was a little disappointing in the amount of extras included. Hope they make a more extensive documentary this time.

CPT Space Bomb
Thanos has got to start getting some gems soon because there aren't that many movies left till Infinity Wars part 1.

We have :
1.Civil War
2. Dr. Strange
3. Guardians Vol. 2
4. Thor Ragnarok.

I think it's kinda strange that they have essentially two "Space" movies in a row before Infinity Wars....you'd think they'd have wanted a bit more variety. Not that I mind at all. I love Space opera stuff.

Kazenji
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/guardians_of_the_galaxy/guardians_of_the_galaxy_2/exclusive-update-otherworldly-a132863

Firefly218
http://io9.gizmodo.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-reveals-nathan-fillions-1772901747

Holy fuk Nathan Fillion is Wonder Man in gotg 2!!! This might be the greatest thing since that one time Jesus woke up!!!

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Firefly218
http://io9.gizmodo.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-reveals-nathan-fillions-1772901747

Holy fuk Nathan Fillion is Wonder Man in gotg 2!!! This might be the greatest thing since that one time Jesus woke up!!!

Wow that means he could potentially join the Avengers.

Khazra Reborn
Why does everybody like Nathan Fillion so much?

Honest question.

Robtard
Originally posted by Firefly218

Another good casting, looking forward in seeing what he can do with the character

DYK: He was also in GoTG, voice only

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Wow that means he could potentially join the Avengers.

meh, very very meh, I'm not a Nathan Fillion fan.....

but I will give him a chance

Firefly218
meh, very very meh, I'm not a Nathan Fillion fan.....

but I will give him a chance Sacrilege! Just kidding it's cool, you'll become one I promise

KingD19
I wonder if we're going to see full on Ionics?

Adam Grimes
Apparently is only for a few in-universe movie posters. But I can't see them getting Dillion just for a small cameo tbh.

Darth Thor
Yeah probably the first hint/cameo for a future role.

roughrider
Yeah probably the first hint/cameo for a future role.

Or James Gunn is f**king with our expectations and will have a spaceship crash on Simon Williams' pompous movie star ass. big grin

Kazenji
Looks like some of this movie will be set on Earth

just seen some set footage from the the small town of Cartersville, Georgia, into St. Charles, Missouri, which is the state where Peter Quill was born.

Kazenji
Sounds like the sequel will have a female main villain

Firefly218
Sounds like the sequel will have a female main villain Awesome

BruceSkywalker
Sounds like the sequel will have a female main villain

I am happy.. I love the actress that will portray her (pun intended) smile

CPT Space Bomb
I really hope that Fillion's cameo is more than just pictures of him in movie theater adds....If he is indeed going to be Wonder Man I think they should give him at least 5-20 minutes of screen time (like Spider-man)

Kazenji
James Gunn spotting holding Mjolnir during the production for this movie

http://www.newsarama.com/29600-yeah-thats-james-gunn-holding-mjolnir-start-your-speculative-engines.html

Darth Thor
Really? Awesome! Perhaps Thor's in 2 Marvel films next year.

wakkawakkawakka
So remind me again why I should care about Wonder Man being in this movie?

Though I suppose I should give Nathan Fillion a chance with the role

Firefly218
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
So remind me again why I should care about Wonder Man being in this movie?

Though I suppose I should give Nathan Fillion a chance with the role I doubt Fillion will have a real role unfortunately. It's probably nothing more than a playful tease at this point. Anything is speculation though

BruceSkywalker
James Gunn spotting holding Mjolnir during the production for this movie

http://www.newsarama.com/29600-yeah-thats-james-gunn-holding-mjolnir-start-your-speculative-engines.html

most likely teasing Beta Ray Bill

Darth Thor
BRB's hammer (Stormbreaker) looks different. But his is worthy of wielding Mjolnir.

BruceSkywalker
yea stonebreaker is different, but they'll work all that out big grin

Kazenji
director James Gunn clarified today that Thor won't be in the movie

Firefly218
director James Gunn clarified today that Thor won't be in the movie He made a nice AoU reference with that elevator joke

Darth Thor
Damn it!

Kazenji
Goldblum on his character

http://www.superherohype.com/news/375927-jeff-goldblum-talks-grandmaster#/slide/1

Kazenji
Wrong thread dammit... should be in the Thor: Ragnarok.

Darth Thor
Well I'm betting they'll be some connections to Thor Ragnorak in GOTG2.

Inhuman
http://i.imgur.com/faeYYNu.gif

Patient_Leech
Well I'm betting they'll be some connections to Thor Ragnorak in GOTG2.

Yeah, it would be awesome if Thor: Ragnorak was sort of another space adventure (which it sounds like it might be) and related directly to GotG2.

Originally posted by Inhuman
http://i.imgur.com/faeYYNu.gif

thumb up

CPT Space Bomb
I just watched GoTG again recently and forgot just how damn fun that movie is. I can't wait for Vol. 2.

Kazenji
Seen on James Gunn's Facebook yesterday, That he's almost finished filming the movie

and today i see Chris Pratt is finished.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
I just watched GoTG again recently and forgot just how damn fun that movie is. I can't wait for Vol. 2.

Yeah, just hope it's as fun the 2nd time around. I think the first was such a surprise because the trailers actually made it look kind of bad. But I just saw it for the sheer fact that it was space adventure and there was a rambunctious talking raccoon in it... haha. I was rewarded for my curiosity. It's easily one of the most fun movies of the last 10 years, at least.

Kazenji
Production has wrapped, I'm sure there might be some reshoots later on

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/chris-pratt-wraps-on-guardians-vol-2-teases-plans-for-comic-con-117

BruceSkywalker
Production has wrapped, I'm sure there might be some reshoots later on

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/chris-pratt-wraps-on-guardians-vol-2-teases-plans-for-comic-con-117

yup there will be , no doubt.. they'll prolly add the post credit scene(s) then

Kazenji
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/Ash_ED/Other/29_o_zpsjdspmqab.jpg~original

Darth Thor
Aww look at little groot on Drax's shoulder

Patient_Leech
Yeah, I'm diggin the new concept art.

BruceSkywalker
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/Ash_ED/Other/29_o_zpsjdspmqab.jpg~original

good concept art... this is going to be a good film

Inhuman
Is Groot going to be small the whole film, is what im wondering.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Inhuman
Is Groot going to be small the whole film, is what im wondering.

I doubt it. His arms grew back pretty quickly, didn't they?

Zack M
Kurt Russell baby!!

BruceSkywalker
glad to hear kurt russell is Ego, the living planet Liz Debicki is Her

Kazenji
Yeah, I just seen that

Seems Ego starts off in a human form then later becoming a planet.

ares834
He is also Starlord's dad...

Seem they are completely changing Ego. Perhaps they are making him the MCU version of Galactus or something.

Inhuman
Ego is another Elder of the Universe.

So now we have 3 elders shown on screen.

Kazenji
Maybe him being a planet is some sort of punishment from someone, That's if they're using him being a planet.

Kazenji

Kazenji
Sly Stallone is the latest addition to the cast.

Darth Thor
glad to hear kurt russell is Ego, the living planet Liz Debicki is Her

Originally posted by ares834
He is also Starlord's dad...

Seem they are completely changing Ego. Perhaps they are making him the MCU version of Galactus or something.

Thanks for using spoiler tags guys. Appreciate it.

Kazenji
Doesn't matter either way.....its all over the internet from SDCC.

Darth Thor
Doesn't matter either way.....its all over the internet from SDCC.

I know. But I've somehow managed to avoid it, even though it's kinda obvious what the Russel reveal is.

Kazenji
*Face Palm*

Patient_Leech
It won't matter too much what you know going into this. I'm sure it will still rock, because the first is good to watch again and again.

Darth Thor
It won't matter too much what you know going into this. I'm sure it will still rock, because the first is good to watch again and again.

thumb up

I know. I just hate massive spoilers is all. Even if it's something Marvel has put out themselves.

Because I remember those early AOU Tv spots of everyone trying to lift Mjolnir, and Cap budges it a little. I laughed when I saw that, but never laughed when I saw it in the movie.

I think there are some things that are just more special when you enjoy it in the theater for the first time.

Patient_Leech
thumb up

I know. I just hate massive spoilers is all. Even if it's something Marvel has put out themselves.

I think there are some things that are just more special when you enjoy it in the theater for the first time.

I absolutely agree.

Which is why I often avoid trailers if I know I am going to want to see something in the theater. Makes the experience much more special. I'll never forget the Cesarean scene from Prometheus the first time in the theater. I was giddy as a schoolgirl.

Kazenji
James Gunn on why the identity of Star Lord's father isn't a spoiler

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/james-gunn-on-why-the-identity-of-star-lords-father-isnt-a-spoiler-227

Patient_Leech
This is highly entertaining and at times quite hilarious. I hope some of these characters are in the next film...

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2 Comic Con 2016

(I couldn't post the video in the post because "F.A.G" is in the url, lol and the site doesn't like that...)

Kazenji
^ Video doesn't exist

Read something from Kevin Feige, He compares Baby Groot to Spock's resurrection from Star Trek 3 & 4.

Patient_Leech
^ Video doesn't exist

Ah, shit. I give up then. Just search that title in YouTube. It's just the recent Comic Con panel. It's funny. They actually incorporated a little live theater into it. It's brilliant. Fu#k I'm looking forward to the next film.

Kazenji
I think i've seen it around on the internet, Not sure why it would get deleted.

Patient_Leech
This guy breaks down the footage that was shown at Comic Con. It sounds great.

1A3Q_nJjBzA

Zack M
thumb up

Kazenji
Wow....youtube embedding vids are working again.

Patient_Leech
Wow....youtube embedding vids are working again.

When were they not? The one video I had trouble posting because it had some forbidden word in the URL so KMC kept editing it automatically.

Kazenji
When were they not?

Guess you were one of the lucky ones

all i could see was a black vertical line, Whatever it was its been fixed.

Kazenji
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/Ash_ED/Other/guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-space-monster-concept-art-large_zpsessnsy7p.jpg~original

Darth Thor
Cool

Robtard
Really hoping Groot isn't a sprout for the whole film.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Robtard

I would think by the third act he will be fully grown

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Robtard

He does look funny though, running away in that picture.

Robtard
I would think by the third act he will be fully grown

What I'm expecting/hoping, he's used as comic relief for a bit, but then grows to be the team's muscle again.

Robtard
He does look funny though, running away in that picture.

See above, do think it's funny, just hope it's not that way for the full film.

Patient_Leech
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/Ash_ED/Other/guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-space-monster-concept-art-large_zpsessnsy7p.jpg~original
Whoa, fu#k yeah. Is that gonna be in the next film?

Kazenji
Next week supposedly for the trailer.

Insane Titan

SpaceMonkey
Trailer looks good.

tkitna
Not sure I want to see a Starlord/Gamora love affair but movie should be good regardless.

Patient_Leech
So no one's posted it yet?

Here it is. It does look good. I can't fu#king wait for this...

2WhQcK-Zaok

Darth Thor
Just a teaser,but still looks great. The music and images reminds me how good the first one is.

Robtard
Really looking forward to this, loved the first, something I can watch at any given point of the film and still enjoy.

Hoping it does the unusual for a sequel and is at least equal to the first film or better.

TethAdamTheRock
Wanna see Drax kill Thanos

Robtard
I don't think you're going to get that in this film.

But yeah, Drax choking that purple ***** out would be funny.

Kazenji
Yeah the footage that's out its just a sneek peek/Teaser

some places on the internet have labeled it Trailer #1......smh

Zack M
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock

nah stark will in infinity war

hahahaha

Time-Immemorial
Is that a threat?

Patient_Leech
I wanna see that big fu#king space monster that Kaz posted from Empire magazine (on the previous page).

Kazenji
Might see that in the actual trailer.

BruceSkywalker
I wanna see that big fu#king space monster that Kaz posted from Empire magazine (on the previous page).

in actual im sure

Inhuman

That was the thing that Gamora was running towards with her sword/knife in the teaser.

ares834
At this point, I think I may just be getting bored with Marvel films. I loved the first GotG, but this trailer didn't do anything for me.

Esau Cairn

Personally I'm getting tired of aliens & monsters with tentacles.
It has been done to death.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Personally I'm getting tired of aliens & monsters with tentacles.
It has been done to death.
Yeah, I'm not hugely thrilled with the overall design of that image, but GoTG has enough personality and world building that I think it will work well.

Also the tentacle creatures are kind of an established Lovecraftian thing. I like it.

Esau Cairn

Also the tentacle creatures are kind of an established Lovecraftian thing. I like it.

True...although HellBoy already nailed it.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
True...although HellBoy already nailed it.
Yeah, I like Hellboy 1 a lot. Didn't care as much for the 2nd one, but I'm still saddened that we may not see a 3rd to finish the planned trilogy.

sad

aminemjack
yuhoo.. Trailer is out and eagerly waiting for the movie.

Zack M
Yeah, I'm not hugely thrilled with the overall design of that image, but GoTG has enough personality and world building that I think it will work well.

Same here. thumb up

Zack M
Drax is the funniest character in part 2

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/1587390/

Kazenji
Yeah i read about that on Facebook.

Patient_Leech
Cool, yeah. He was great in the first one. I hope Rocket Raccoon still has some funny lines. I think he's hilarious in the first film.

Kazenji

Well there's a low-res picture online now showing that creature with Drax.

Patient_Leech
Well there's a low-res picture online now showing that creature with Drax.
Then post it. Don't just tell me it exists.

Insane Titan
Full trailer is out later today

Estacado
Mini Groot is dope!!!

twkVFuqlnnc

Dreampanther
Freaking AWESOME!

Patient_Leech
Hahaha... it already had me laughing my ass off. Looks fantastic. laughing

BruceSkywalker
this is going to be freaking awesome

Khazra Reborn
This looks awesome, I have a feeling this will be one of Marvel's best yet.

StiltmanFTW
Bautista Drax = pure win.

And I'm not even a Drax fan.

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Bautista Drax = pure win.

And I'm not even a Drax fan.

His movie character is hands down better than his comic counterpart. thumb up

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>