Silver Surfer vs Doctor Manhattan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supra
No BFR

Impediment
Who is SS?

Supra
Originally posted by Impediment
Who is SS?

Silver Surfer

Title fixed

marwash22
movie Surfer was weaksauce.

DrDeadpool
Dr Manhattan without much of a trouble.

Supra
Originally posted by marwash22

Well he did stop Galactus.

marwash22
cool story.

Manhattan knocks his shiny ass off his board.

gg.

Supra
cool story.

Manhattan knocks his shiny ass off his board.

gg.

Ok I'm sticking to your theory that the only good lizard is a dead lizardsmile

DrDeadpool
The Dr beats surfer like there is No tomorrow.

Supra
So I take it no one cept future Thanos movie will ever beat this guy.

marwash22
That depends on what Marvel/Disney have Thanos do feat-wise. If they gimp him the way they have gimped Hulk and Thor, then no.

Lestov16
Couldn't Surfer absorb Manhattan's physical body into his board? IDK how he'd actually hurt Doc (considering Doc is not a physical being), but what can Doc throw at Surfer that he can't absorb? Tachyons were the only things that could stop Surfer, and Manhattan can't generate those.

marwash22
you have that backwards, tachyons were Manhattan's weakness.

Surfer was knocked off his board by sound.

marwash22
nevermind, they were both weak to tachyons.

Impediment
Surfer was embarrassingly de-powered in the FF: Rise film. He was bound to a table with straps, FFS.

marwash22
ikr. to this day, his treatment is probably the worst of any comic character on film. They butchered Galactus in the same movie, but at least he was still the devourer of worlds.

Lestov16
I'm going with stalemate. Nothing Surfer can do to hurt Doc's incorporeal form, nothing Doc can throw at Surfer that SS's board can't absorb.

NemeBro
Surfer easily wins.

He destroyed an incorporeal cosmic entity that ate planets.

Manhattan has nothing on that.

quanchi112
Originally posted by NemeBro
Surfer easily wins.

Manhattan has nothing on that. laughing out loud

Context doesn't matter at all to you.

NemeBro
Prove me wrong pussy.

quanchi112
Prove me wrong pussy. Manhattan knocks him off the board. smile

He can create clones, alter his size, etc. Once Surfer is knocked off the board he loses.

NemeBro
It took tachyons to knock him off his board, which Manhattan is also weak to, and thus can't use.

You speak of context and then ignore it like a dumb inbred dick smoking anus eater.

By the way ScreamPaste told me you sound like a 12 year old boy on Skype. Granted so does he, but that's probably why you like each other so much.

Silver Surfer blows him up by flying through him. This time he stays dead.

marwash22
Manhattan's weakness to tachyons is in the form of distorting his ability to see the future, they don't bother him otherwise.

it's a moot issue since Manhattan can only perceive tachyons and not produce them himself.

quanchi112
It took tachyons to knock him off his board, which Manhattan is also weak to, and thus can't use.

You speak of context and then ignore it like a dumb inbred dick smoking anus eater.

By the way ScreamPaste told me you sound like a 12 year old boy on Skype. Granted so does he, but that's probably why you like each other so much.

Silver Surfer blows him up by flying through him. This time he stays dead. Force can knock him off the board. Clearly. Manhattan can create clones and overwhelm him as well as alter his size.

Lies.

Blowing up his body doesn't kill him in the traditional sense.

NemeBro
Manhattan's weakness to tachyons is the form of distorting his ability to see the future, they don't bother him otherwise.

it's a moot issue since Manhattan can only perceive tachyons and not produce them himself. thumb up

Silver Surfer wins.

NemeBro
Originally posted by quanchi112
Force can knock him off the board.

Prove it.

marwash22
neither wins. they can't hurt each other.

BruceSkywalker
lol Radd dies

the end

quanchi112
Prove it. You clearly don't understand what force actually is if you think one physical being can't physically impact another physical being.

Awful.

NemeBro
neither wins. they can't hurt each other. I doubt it, to be honest.

Galactus was a huge non-physical presence in spehss, and Surfer actually managed to destroy him.

Though that is a more reasonable analysis than quan's bitching and whining. thumb up

quanchi112
I doubt it, to be honest.

Galactus was a huge non-physical presence in spehss, and Surfer actually managed to destroy him.

Though that is a more reasonable analysis than quan's bitching and whining. thumb up You clearly don't understand what the word force means among other terms. You aren't smart enough to grasp it.

Lestov16
Surfer easily wins.

Manhattan has nothing on that.

Galactus wasn't incorporeal. He was big cloud mass.
As I stated before, it's a stalemate

NemeBro
He was an energy being.

Like the Doctor.

Lestov16
Proof of this?

(via diaogue from the film, not your subjective interpretation of what you saw smile )

ares834
Curious, but what's stopping DM from disintegrating SS or for that matter the board?

marwash22
I haven't seen FF2 since it first came out (there's no need to watch it again), but i figured Surfer wasn't so gimped that he didn't have matter manip to match Manhattan... he should be able to control his own molecular structure, but i honestly do not recall his feats from that terrible movie.

NemeBro
Originally posted by ares834
Curious, but what's stopping DM from disintegrating SS or for that matter the board? Surfer's far better matter manipulation that could cause global disasters?

Also **** you Lestov, I'm not watching Rise of the Silver ****ing Surfer. We see him at the end. He was a big cloud of energy.

Supra
Why does DM and bring out such hostilities in everyone! They are the two nicest demi gods in existence

marwash22
Manhattan's far better matter manipulation that could cause global disasters? excellent Freudian slip. thumb up

Supra
Double post

NemeBro
excellent Freudian slip. thumb up Calm down.

ares834
Surfer's far better matter manipulation that could cause global disasters?

You mean when he created holes in the ground or some shit? Because I honestly don't recall him using any impressive matter manip in the movie at all.

marwash22
Calm down. you'll know it when I'm not calm, boyo.

NemeBro
Originally posted by ares834
You mean when he created holes in the ground or some shit? Because I honestly don't recall him using any impressive matter manip in the movie at all. Really ****ing big holes in the ground.

jaden101
Originally posted by Supra
So I take it no one cept future Thanos movie will ever beat this guy.

http://static4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111213111355/memoryalpha/en/images/8/82/Q,_2372.jpg

DrDeadpool
Dr Manhattan's body is not energy !!! at least not by the definition we know it !!
Silver surfer ability to absorb energy is like that scene in the movie when he absorbed all the bullets !! but he surly can't absorb the pure energy which exist on the level of sub atomic particles or even STRINGS !!!

Supra
Originally posted by jaden101
http://static4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111213111355/memoryalpha/en/images/8/82/Q,_2372.jpg

Don't hang you hat on that fool man, give Thanos some respect.

Epicurus
Far better feats than Manhattan.

Surfer oneshots this lame Captain Atom rip-off ftw.

Epicurus
Originally posted by Impediment
Surfer was embarrassingly de-powered in the FF: Rise film. He was bound to a table with straps, FFS.
With a special device which relies on tachyons in order to work. Last I checked, Manhattan wasn't very comfortable when dealing with Tachyons.

StealthRanger
Surfer did freeze up an ocean by going past it. And Doom with his powers did destroy parts of mountains by flexing his power

Epicurus
Force can knock him off the board.
laughing out loud

That's blatantly false. It was very clearly shown in the movie that it takes a tachyon generator to do that, not just pushing him of the board. He can walk both over and under it, in case you forgot that. If pushing him was all it took to separate him from the board, why didn't the heroes try it?

Supra
Originally posted by DrDeadpool
Dr Manhattan's body is not energy !!! at least not by the definition we know it !!
Silver surfer ability to absorb energy is like that scene in the movie when he absorbed all the bullets !! but he surly can't absorb the pure energy which exist on the level of sub atomic particles or even STRINGS !!!

He does not need to separate him from his board to win. He removes his intrinsic field and SS will die.

Absorbing a missile is one thing, absorbing DM is inherently different.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Epicurus
laughing out loud

That's blatantly false. It was very clearly shown in the movie that it takes a tachyon generator to do that, not just pushing him of the board. He can walk both over and under it, in case you forgot that. If pushing him was all it took to separate him from the board, why didn't the heroes try it? The other heroes didn't have matter manipulation or could survive being completely destroyed. Manhattan can also create clones whereas Surfer can be knocked off the board as already evidenced.

Think man.

Oh right you can't.

Epicurus
The other heroes didn't have matter manipulation or could survive being completely destroyed. Manhattan can also create clones whereas Surfer can be knocked off the board as already evidenced.

Think man.

Oh right you can't.
Sue had forcefields, Johnny could go nova. Far better opponents than Manhattan ever faced in combat.

He was knocked out through tachyons. Context. DrM is also weak to tachyons.

I proved you wrong in one fell swoop, not that it's an overwhelming accomplishment considering what a horrible debater you are in general.thumb up

Epicurus
Originally posted by Supra
He does not need to separate him from his board to win. He removes his intrinsic field and SS will die.

Absorbing a missile is one thing, absorbing DM is inherently different.
Proof that he even has an intrinsic field to begin with?

Surfer destroyed a planet-sized energy being, which is a feat better than anything Manhattan ever achieved by and far. If all else fails, Surfer simply obliterates Manhattan with that kamikaze, supercharged power cosmic blast.

Surfer wins.smile

Interneton
Who would win between their movie incarnations?

carthage
Stalemate.

golem370
Tachyons both interfered with their powers.

TheVaultDweller
It affected Surfer more heavily though. Depowered him and dropped him right through his board, where as it only inconvenienced Manhattan.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by carthage
Stalemate.

This. ^

Placidity
This has been done before.

Manhattan.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Nibedicus
This. ^

How is it a stalemate?

Impediment
Duplicate thread merged with existing.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
How is it a stalemate?

Well, it's been a while since I've watched Watchmen. But I don't really remember what either character can do that can put the other down. I know Surfer sure doesn't have the "feats" to put Dr M down. I mean blasting sure won't work. If Dr. M has something, then I'm willing to revise my position.

Time-Immemorial
Yea he just disintegrates him.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Yea he just disintegrates him.

Any "featss" in disintegrating something as tough as Surfer?

Utrigita
Still a stalemate imo. Neither can really harm the other.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Any "featss" in disintegrating something as tough as Surfer?

There were no other super powered beings in watchmen

Nibedicus
Originally posted by steverules_2
There were no other super powered beings in watchmen

Doesn't have to be a super powered being. Inanimate objects would suffice, level of power/destruction his disintegration ability can generate, etc. That way, we can quantify and debate if it can bypass Surfer's durability showings.

Genesis-Soldier
Dr M has been disintegrated before and during the fight against Ozy. when disintegrated in the ozy fight it took him less then 12 seconds to reform and become a giant. question is, can the surfer reform like that?

I have seen him merge within his board but that was a board ability, so if surfer takes a blast from Dr Manhatten.. will it be the same ?

my answer not likely. I see Dr m taking this but not by much

Time-Immemorial
Surfer has zero way to Kill or KO DM, where is DM has a million ways to kill him.

Zack M
DM.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Zack M
DM.

Dungeon Master?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.