Cartels/price fixing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
https://www.justice.gov/atr/speech/caught-act-inside-international-cartel

The Illuminati might not be real, but global conspiracies involving high ranking people certainly are.

A long article, but here's some eye openers:

Capitalism depends on competition to work, but you may as well consider this one mega-corporation, monopolizing the market.

jaden101
Thanks for the 11 year old report. Very topical.

cdtm
Originally posted by jaden101
Thanks for the 11 year old report. Very topical.

I'll take an 11 year old report from a government website over garbage from most blogs/news sites..

Maybe this is old news to you, but many dismiss the concept of organized, globalized conspiracies controlling some aspect of the world as the stuff of tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorists.

Frankly, I'm a little shocked a large group of men/businesses could agree on enough to make something like this work. Fixing prices of a product in a single day? Insane. Illuminati level conspiracy crap.

I'm only just staring to dip into this kind of corruption, but if you have something more recent, by all means share it.

Surtur
It's basically an accidental conspiracy. Nobody got together and said "let's be evil and conspire", but whenever you have a bunch of people worth a shitload of money hanging out and making decisions..well those decisions tend to carry weight and they of course look out for themselves.

jaden101
Originally posted by cdtm
I'll take an 11 year old report from a government website over garbage from most blogs/news sites..

Maybe this is old news to you, but many dismiss the concept of organized, globalized conspiracies controlling some aspect of the world as the stuff of tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorists.

Frankly, I'm a little shocked a large group of men/businesses could agree on enough to make something like this work. Fixing prices of a product in a single day? Insane. Illuminati level conspiracy crap.

I'm only just staring to dip into this kind of corruption, but if you have something more recent, by all means share it.

How about OPEC? Or the IATA?

That's when price fixing really does affect global economic performance. So influential it gets legalised and sanctioned.

Robtard
Speaking of OPEC, seems $50.00 a barrel will be the aimed for norm.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/03/07/oil-rout-over-opec-aims-for-50-anchor-says-piras-ross.html

Slay
Originally posted by jaden101
How about OPEC? Or the IATA?

That's when price fixing really does affect global economic performance. So influential it gets legalised and sanctioned.
There's a lot of shady deals going around in the airline business, mostly within these large alliances like Sky Team and Star Alliance. I used to work for an Air France-KLM Group subsidiary airline. We were forced to cancel every flight from Amsterdam-Rome in the middle of the year despite there having been made thousands of bookings, because Sky Team regulated that only two Sky Team members were allowed to offer the same route and Alitalia and KLM were already flying AMS-FCO.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.