Batman vs Loki

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tattoos N Scars
Odin strips Loki of hus powers and banishes him to Midgard as a mortal. Accepting his fate, Loki decides to make Gotham City his new home with ambititions to rule it. Is Loki credible enough as a mortal to build a criminal empire to rule Gotham City and defeat Batman's endeavors to stop him? This is Bale Batman.

steverules_2
Batman, Loki got beaten by Thor who didn't have impressive fighting feats IMO.

Silent Master
The guy who beat an entire base full of some of the best trained people in the world doesn't have any impressive fighting feats?

Inhuman
Originally posted by steverules_2
Batman, Loki got beaten by Thor who didn't have impressive fighting feats IMO.

Loki got beaten up by Thor who has greater stats in every category than Loki.
Thor has decent fighting feats, even when he was powerless.
Loki wins here. He has hundreds/thousands of years of fighting experience verses Baleman whos fighting skill was pretty bad.

Tattoos N Scars
Batman doesn't have to beat Loki physically. He may have some tech to take him down. I should add that Loki can have his staff with the mind gem. He could gain control of the city quickly and have Batman listed as a criminal. If you think Bale isn't up to task, we can use any of the previous actors to play Batman in a live action movie, Keaton and onwards.

steverules_2
No, not once did Loki show any good fighting skills even when he stabbed Thor he lost. Show me a video of Loki showing some good fighting stats?? And what stats are these anyway?

Originally posted by Silent Master
The guy who beat an entire base full of some of the best trained people in the world doesn't have any impressive fighting feats?

No he doesn't, he also got beaten by some hospital staff but no ones bringing that up

FrothByte
I wouldn't be surprised if Loki had the entire Gotham black market under his thumb within a year. I also consider him a better combatant than Batman. So yeah, Loki wins.

I mean, Batman has problems with The Joker. Loki may not be as deranged as the Joker but he's smarter, has centuries more experience and is definitely a better fighter.

Silent Master
I like how you forgot to mention that the hospital scene was after Thor got hit by a truck and tasered.

FrothByte
Originally posted by steverules_2
No, not once did Loki show any good fighting skills even when he stabbed Thor he lost. Show me a video of Loki showing some good fighting stats?? And what stats are these anyway?

No he doesn't, he also got beaten by some hospital staff but no ones bringing that up

Thor wasn't trying to actively cripple the hostpital staff. He had just woken up, was without his powers, was completely out of it and just trying to push them away from him.

As for Loki having good fight skills, he managed to keep up with Captain America, fight Thor for a good amount of time, outfought multiple armed dark elves while only armed with a knife, and even caught an arrow. What has Batman have that compares to that?

steverules_2
Hmmm...I guess Bats loses then

I like how you forgot to mention that the hospital scene was after Thor got hit by a truck and tasered.

lulface

carthage
Baleman beat thugs and prisoners, he's automatically top tier

Loki is finished

relentless1
does Loki have his durability and strength still? if not he gets dummied hard

Silent Master
Why?

Inhuman
Originally posted by carthage
Baleman beat thugs and prisoners, he's automatically top tier

Loki is finished

Beating thugs and prisoners means your are superhuman thumb up

TheVaultDweller
I see what you did there. laughing

tkitna
Loki was beating the crap out of Captain America, who in turn would beat the crap out of Batman, but Loki has no powers here,,,,,

Still thinks he beats Bale Batman.

TheVaultDweller
Loki wins. Even without his stats, he likely has roundabout 900 years more combat XP than Bruce has.

carthage
Wayne's perennial butthurt about losing his parents >>> 900 years of Asgardian training

TheVaultDweller
Well, Loki has centuries worth of butthurt, living in Thor's shadow.

FrothByte
Loki has centuries more butthurt than Baleman.

Tattoos N Scars
Based on trailer showings, would Affleck Bats do better?

tkitna
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars

My goodness yes.

TheVaultDweller

Just based on the little bits we see in the trailers, he already has a notable edge in strength, speed and skill over Baleman. So yes, I would definitely say so.

quanchi112
Baleman was shit in combat but the movies were done very well.

TheVaultDweller
I actually have to agree there. Despite the mediocre fight choreography, it's a very solid film trilogy, though I didn't much care for the plot twist at the end of Dark Knight Rises. But then the fight scenes in most Nolan films tend to be somewhat underwhelming.

FrothByte

Any other film-Batman version fights better than Baleman.

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by Inhuman
Beating thugs and prisoners means your are superhuman thumb up Transformation into KURUPT?

BruceSkywalker
Batman takes this.. Loki is nothing without his powers

relentless1
without his powers or asgardian physiology (strength and durability) he's a regular man and as we see whenever he fights he doesnt really have any skills to speak of...cap was able to give him trouble and that was WITH powers...Baleman kicks his ass hard

FrothByte
Originally posted by relentless1
without his powers or asgardian physiology (strength and durability) he's a regular man and as we see whenever he fights he doesnt really have any skills to speak of...cap was able to give him trouble and that was WITH powers...Baleman kicks his ass hard

You'll need to rewatch the Thor movies. Loki is quite a capable combatant, more impressive than baleman.

relentless1
its been awhile but I remember him getting the upper hand on frost giants due to illusions...same way he got the upper hand on Thor besides playing to his brotherly love for him in Avengers and cheapshotting Thor...which had no effect on him whatsoever...either way those aren't hand to hand combat feats, as far as dark world goes Lokis only hand to hand feats were against featless henchmen, hardly a good case to make for him being a superior combatant

FrothByte
its been awhile but I remember him getting the upper hand on frost giants due to illusions...same way he got the upper hand on Thor besides playing to his brotherly love for him in Avengers and cheapshotting Thor...which had no effect on him whatsoever...either way those aren't hand to hand combat feats, as far as dark world goes Lokis only hand to hand feats were against featless henchmen, hardly a good case to make for him being a superior combatant

Batman pretty much beat only fodder in his movies as well you know. The only notable opponents he ever went up against are Ra's (whom he defeated only by leaving Ra's in the train) and Bane (whom he defeated only by exploiting Bane's mask weakness).

Loki matched Thor in the first Thor movie for a good amount of time before resorting to illusions and he fought Thor in Avengers pure melee. Loki was also fast enough to keep up with Captain America. Fast enough to catch an arrow (Batman has no feat to compare to that), skilled enough to beat up a bunch of elven warriors even when only armed with a knife.

Besides, all you really need to do is watch how they move. Batman is slow as molasses.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by FrothByte
Batman pretty much beat only fodder in his movies as well you know. The only notable opponents he ever went up against are Ra's (whom he defeated only by leaving Ra's in the train) and Bane (whom he defeated only by exploiting Bane's mask weakness).

Loki matched Thor in the first Thor movie for a good amount of time before resorting to illusions and he fought Thor in Avengers pure melee. Loki was also fast enough to keep up with Captain America. Fast enough to catch an arrow (Batman has no feat to compare to that), skilled enough to beat up a bunch of elven warriors even when only armed with a knife.

Besides, all you really need to do is watch how they move. Batman is slow as molasses.

do you have actual feats of Loki as a human being fighting?????

if this was Loki with his God powers then its clearly spite....

Tattoos N Scars
The thread isn't all about who would win in just h2h. Could Loki take over Gotham and either defeat Bats or run him out of town.

Adam Grimes
Batman runs him over.

Silent Master
The thread isn't all about who would win in just h2h. Could Loki take over Gotham and either defeat Bats or run him out of town.

Does Loki get his standard equipment and use of magic, after all the movies stated that he was taught magic, so it would really be listed under skills and not powers.

Adam Grimes
Semantics.

Silent Master
Not really, it was clearly stated in the movie to be a learned skill.

Adam Grimes
How can you do magic without magic power?

Do you really believe he needs it here?

Silent Master
Nowhere in the movie does it say you have to be born with magic in order to learn how to use it

FrothByte
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
do you have actual feats of Loki as a human being fighting?????

if this was Loki with his God powers then its clearly spite....

No, but let's not pretend that removing his powers will diminish his fight skills. Thor has already proven this. Besides, majority of beings that Loki fought were around his level of physical stats.

BruceSkywalker
No, but let's not pretend that removing his powers will diminish his fight skills. Thor has already proven this. Besides, majority of beings that Loki fought were around his level of physical stats.

oh I'm not pretending,, .. you pretend a lot in these threads.. Thor and Loki are different people... Thor was shown to lose his powers , while Loki has always had his.... so please do not compare the two...

FrothByte
oh I'm not pretending,, .. you pretend a lot in these threads.. Thor and Loki are different people... Thor was shown to lose his powers , while Loki has always had his.... so please do not compare the two...

I don't think you understood what I said at all.

relentless1
no, without any powers he aint taking over Gotham.. not with psychos like Joker and Two Face running around. Not to mention the superpower beings like Mr Freeze and Poison Ivy around as well.

BruceSkywalker
I don't think you understood what I said at all.

Oh I understood perfectly... You seem to want to think that Loki would/is the same as Thor when Odin took away his powers. Loki was never ever shown to be w/o his powers.. Thor was, Perhaps deal with that simple but truthful fact.... Thread is stupid, As weak as Baleman is, he beats Loki here... Batfleck would shitstomp Loki here as well... Adam West Batman prolly shitstomps Loki here as well..

no, without any powers he aint taking over Gotham.. not with psychos like Joker and Two Face running around. Not to mention the superpower beings like Mr Freeze and Poison Ivy around as well.

exactly

Nibedicus
Wait, I don't remember Mr Freeze and Ivy being in Baleman-verse....

Problem with this thread is that we don't know what a depowered Loki can do. If by "depowered", do you mean he still retains his combat "feats"of agility and skills as well as his age-gained knowledge and experience, but will have Hiddleston-level strength and durability? Or do you mean he's just a regular joe with just his mind as his primary weapon?

FrothByte
Oh I understood perfectly... You seem to want to think that Loki would/is the same as Thor when Odin took away his powers. Loki was never ever shown to be w/o his powers.. Thor was, Perhaps deal with that simple but truthful fact.... Thread is stupid, As weak as Baleman is, he beats Loki here... Batfleck would shitstomp Loki here as well... Adam West Batman prolly shitstomps Loki here as well..

You're right, Loki never was shown without his powers, so how would you know that Baleman can beat him? The only time an Asgardian was ever stripped of his powers was Thor, and from that example we know he retained his skill and knowledge as well as a high degree of durability and strength.

If we apply that to Loki then Loki beats Baleman. If we don't apply that to Loki, well then this thread will go nowhere because Loki was never without his powers.

BruceSkywalker
You're right, Loki never was shown without his powers, so how would you know that Baleman can beat him? The only time an Asgardian was ever stripped of his powers was Thor, and from that example we know he retained his skill and knowledge as well as a high degree of durability and strength.

Quite easily.. Loki would be susceptible to darkness... As a human being he'd fall down after being punched by Baleman. Baleman can also get into the Tumbler and run Loki over. I see you are forgetting that Thor is a warrior who honed his skill on the battlefield. Thor also had trouble fighting those cannon fodder S.H.I.E.L.D. agents. Loki

Originally posted by FrothByte If we apply that to Loki then Loki beats Baleman. If we don't apply that to Loki, well then this thread will go nowhere because Loki was never without his powers.

The thing is we cannot apply that to Loki.. If we gave Loki , Thor's human skills then Baleman must have some sort of upgrade too

FrothByte
Quite easily.. Loki would be susceptible to darkness... As a human being he'd fall down after being punched by Baleman. Baleman can also get into the Tumbler and run Loki over. I see you are forgetting that Thor is a warrior who honed his skill on the battlefield. Thor also had trouble fighting those cannon fodder S.H.I.E.L.D. agents. Loki

The thing is we cannot apply that to Loki.. If we gave Loki , Thor's human skills then Baleman must have some sort of upgrade too

Loki trained as a warrior just as much as Thor did. Thor was just better, doesn't mean Loki isn't good.

What it looks like is you want to remove even Loki's fighting skills and experience, and yet giving Batman his gadgets and vehicle? Gimp much...

Silent Master
Thor only had trouble with one Shield agent, the rest he was easily beating.

BruceSkywalker
Thor only had trouble with one Shield agent, the rest he was easily beating.

yea the big black dude iirc....

Loki trained as a warrior just as much as Thor did. Thor was just better, doesn't mean Loki isn't good.

What it looks like is you want to remove even Loki's fighting skills and experience, and yet giving Batman his gadgets and vehicle? Gimp much...

B..B...But we know from actually watching the movies is that Thor is by far the better warior between him and his brother... We have seen Loki fight and he uses magic and his spear.. Never.. ever, repeat never ever have we seen Loki do some martial arts moves or start punching people...

What fighting skills??? post vids of Loki doing these fighting skills...
lmmfao... no need for me to gimp son, simply using what Baleman was shown to use...

Silent Master
He managed to tag Cap a couple times and deflect a shield throw.

Nibedicus
B..B...But we know from actually watching the movies is that Thor is by far the better warior between him and his brother... We have seen Loki fight and he uses magic and his spear.. Never.. ever, repeat never ever have we seen Loki do some martial arts moves or start punching people...

What fighting skills??? post vids of Loki doing these fighting skills...
lmmfao... no need for me to gimp son, simply using what Baleman was shown to use...

He didn't use magic and a spear against the dark elves and he took them apart pretty easily 4-on-1. Knives vs long weapons, too.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Nibedicus
He didn't use magic and a spear against the dark elves and he took them apart pretty easily 4-on-1. Knives vs long weapons, too. thumb up

Loki is highly skilled. Anyone who thinks otherwise didn't really pay attention.

relentless1
yeah, it all really comes down to equating Loki to depowered Thor; Thor was taken out by a car, by a taser and by ShIELD henchmen (eventually) and although Loki has a good showing against Dark Elf fodder he gets pummelled whenever he tries to engage Thor in any sort of hand to hand combat scenario. So if Thor > Loki with powers it stands to reason that Thor > Loki without powers as well, meaning Loki is even more susceptible to the things that caused Thor trouble on Earth. Baleman on the other hand has shown to be an expert combatant in his films and would dummy Loki if he was stripped of his powers.

P.S. had a brain fart there, forgot we were talking about Nolans Gotham here but Loki would have to go thru Bane to take over Gotham and I don't see that happening without any powers. Plus id imagine he'd be susceptible to Scarecrows fear toxin and Joker has shown that given circumstances in his favour he can be a decent spaz attacker.

Silent Master
No, Thor was taken out by getting hit by a truck + tasered. BTW, he beat the Shield agents.

All you're doing is proving to the entire forum that you have almost no knowledge of the movies.

FrothByte
yeah, it all really comes down to equating Loki to depowered Thor; Thor was taken out by a car, by a taser and by ShIELD henchmen (eventually) and although Loki has a good showing against Dark Elf fodder he gets pummelled whenever he tries to engage Thor in any sort of hand to hand combat scenario. So if Thor > Loki with powers it stands to reason that Thor > Loki without powers as well, meaning Loki is even more susceptible to the things that caused Thor trouble on Earth. Baleman on the other hand has shown to be an expert combatant in his films and would dummy Loki if he was stripped of his powers.

P.S. had a brain fart there, forgot we were talking about Nolans Gotham here but Loki would have to go thru Bane to take over Gotham and I don't see that happening without any powers. Plus id imagine he'd be susceptible to Scarecrows fear toxin and Joker has shown that given circumstances in his favour he can be a decent spaz attacker.

Lol. Way to downplay. Thor never got taken out by a car. He got hit by a truck twice and wasn't out. In fact he got right back up. He was taken out by a taser. He also was never taken out by SHIELD henchmen. Don't know where you got that from. He took out every SHIELD agent he came up on. The only time they took him was when he didn't fight back.

Baleman on the other hand had a hard time with the Joker.

relentless1
semantics, he was knocked down forcefully enough that jane got out to see if he was dead

Silent Master
semantics, he was knocked down forcefully enough that jane got out to see if he was dead

Not semantics, you were flat out wrong. just like you were wrong about Thor losing to the Shield agents.

Try and get at least one thing about the movie correct next time you post, it might help if you actually watch the movie at least once before trying to comment on what happens.

FrothByte

Just admit you were wrong. Jane got out to see if he was OK because that's what a decent human being does when you hit someone else with your truck.

relentless1
no you are correct about the SHIELD agents froth, i forgot that he didn't get taken down until he lost the will to fight, he was still affected by getting hit by a vehicle tho, and if i recall he did have some trouble with the last guy he fought before he got to Mjolnir so either way I don't see Loki being able to handle regular humans if Thor, who is stronger and a better fighter had trouble with even one human while depowered.

Silent Master
IOW, you admit that everything you said in your original post was wrong.

FrothByte
no you are correct about the SHIELD agents froth, i forgot that he didn't get taken down until he lost the will to fight, he was still affected by getting hit by a vehicle tho, and if i recall he did have some trouble with the last guy he fought before he got to Mjolnir so either way I don't see Loki being able to handle regular humans if Thor, who is stronger and a better fighter had trouble with even one human while depowered.

We've seen just how good trained SHIELD agents are in h2h. These were some of Coulson's best. So it wasn't just any human.

Tattoos N Scars
Instead of arguing over Loki's potential as a regular human, give him Thor's stats as a regular human. I'm making that change so as to give a clearer picture of Loki's abilities. Human Loki is equal to human Thor for purposes of this thread. Burton's Batman feats are valid in this discussion also. All movie Batman feats besides Affleck's.

quanchi112
Loki crushes Batman. Accept it Batman fanboys.

FrothByte
Instead of arguing over Loki's potential as a regular human, give him Thor's stats as a regular human. I'm making that change so as to give a clearer picture of Loki's abilities. Human Loki is equal to human Thor for purposes of this thread. Burton's Batman feats are valid in this discussion also. All movie Batman feats besides Affleck's.

All movie Batman feats kinda makes this a slide in Batman's favor.

Time-Immemorial
How does Batman lose this to a powerless human Loki?

Tattoos N Scars
All movie Batman feats kinda makes this a slide in Batman's favor.

What if the only power I gave Loki was his staff with the mind gem? He could only use it to make people do his bidding as he takes over Gotham. For this thread, Batman is unaffected by it due to his suit, similar to how Iron Man was unaffected due to plate in his chest.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
How does Batman lose this to a powerless human Loki?

Amalgamated Batman doesn't. Baleman however does.

Time-Immemorial
How? He will not lose if he has his armor on. Batman will end up being stronger and more durable with that armor. His latest suit had hydraulics that was kicking through brick and mortar. And his mask can survive multiple direct hits from bane, the same person that was bunching through stone.

FrothByte
What if the only power I gave Loki was his staff with the mind gem? He could only use it to make people do his bidding as he takes over Gotham. For this thread, Batman is unaffected by it due to his suit, similar to how Iron Man was unaffected due to plate in his chest.

Then Loki easily takes over the Gotham underworld and probably eradicates Batman after a good long year's worth of rivalry.

Silent Master
How? He will not lose if he has his armor on. Batman will end up being stronger and more durable with that armor. His latest suit had hydraulics that was kicking through brick and mortar. And his mask can survive multiple direct hits from bane, the same person that was bunching through stone.

Loki's armor is far better and Loki's knives were one-shotting Frost Giants.

Time-Immemorial
Loki wont have those here based on him losing his power though, and his armor was leather..

edit:wording

Silent Master
His armor stood up to the bi-frost explosion, the Destroyer gun attacks from Iron-man, Thor and the Hulk. The OP just removed his powers, he didn't say anything about banning Loki's standard equipment.

Time-Immemorial
Thats like saying his hair stood up to the bifrost explosion because why? Is his hair tougher then his armor? Cmon now.

Silent Master
So you're going to ignore what his armor was shown to withstand?

Time-Immemorial
So I guess we could say the same thing about Supermans clothes, they would be just as tough as Loki's armor.

Silent Master
If Loki's armor feats don't count, then neither does Baleman's.

FrothByte
Baleman with his armor had trouble beating Joker in melee. Loki is a far better combatant than Joker, especially if given Thor's human physical stats as Tattoo n' Scars ammended

Time-Immemorial
Joker has always had unreal damage soak. This has been portrayed in every single movie and cartoon he has ever been in. Loki is no Thor in combat, so you can't assume human Loki is now > Batman.

FrothByte
Joker has always had unreal damage soak. This has been portrayed in every single movie and cartoon he has ever been in. Loki is no Thor in combat, so you can't assume human Loki is now > Batman.

Thor is a better combatant, but Loki is good enough that Thor is unable to beat him unless he takes him very seriously. But fighting and standing up to Thor is still more impressive than Baleman defeating Bane through his mask weakness.

Time-Immemorial
This is human Loki...he has no powers, Baleman has survived being burned alive, having his back broken, having the roof collapse on him, falling 6 stories and a whole host of other insane feats and walking away. I don't get how you can think Loki will have the same endurance and damage soak in human form.

FrothByte
This is human Loki...he has no powers, Baleman has survived being burned alive, having his back broken, having the roof collapse on him, falling 6 stories and a whole host of other insane feats and walking away. I don't get how you can think Loki will have the same endurance and damage soak in human form.

OP has given Loki the same physical stats as human Thor.

I don't recall when Baleman has been burned alive. Where was this? Falling 6 stories was him using his bat cloak yes?

Time-Immemorial
Yes but he crushed a entire van..so he was coming down with incredible force that had impact on his body.

FrothByte
Yes but he crushed a entire van..so he was coming down with incredible force that had impact on his body.

Yes but his cloak, the van and his armor had a lot to do with diminishing the impact so it's not such a high durability feat for him.

Time-Immemorial
Ok so those feats because he had armor dont count, now if you are going to apply Thor's durability in human form, and say what Loki's armor is going to make up the difference? Then Loki does not get any help from his armor either, it goes both ways.

If we take plain clothes Baleman vs Loki, he beats Loki. We already had a thread that had Baleman beating plain clothes human Thor..

Silent Master
Funny, seeing as not more than a few posts ago you were claiming that Loki's armor feats didn't count.

FrothByte
Ok so those feats because he had armor dont count, now if you are going to apply Thor's durability in human form, and say what Loki's armor is going to make up the difference? Then Loki does not get any help from his armor either, it goes both ways.

If we take plain clothes Baleman vs Loki, he beats Loki. We already had a thread that had Baleman beating plain clothes human Thor..

Yeah, we had Baleman vs. depowered Thor, if I recall correctly there was roughly an equal amount of people on both sides of that fight.

Pretty difficult to make this into a pure fight due to Loki's lack of depowered feats. If we give him human Thor's stats then might as well go back to Thor vs. Batman.

So let's just discuss the original point in the topic which was whether human Loki could take over gotham.

Time-Immemorial
Ra's tried this and failed, how would loki succeed without the scepter, tricks and mind control?

FrothByte
Ra's tried this and failed, how would loki succeed without the scepter, tricks and mind control?

Actually, OP revised thread to allow mind control. With mind control he should do it very easily.

But even without mind control, this is a guy a thousand years old. Who's quite a capable combatant himself and is known for making plots within plots. That's already quite a number of advantages compared to the usual crime lords of Gotham.

Time-Immemorial
So he has the scepter now? Pretty unfair now? Odin in his old age was clsoe to 5000 years old, Loki is no where near that old.

FrothByte
So he has the scepter now? Pretty unfair now? Odin in his old age was clsoe to 5000 years old, Loki is no where near that old.

We did the computation in some other thread. Basically Thor and Loki round off to around a thousand years old.

Time-Immemorial
So OP changed the situation and he now has the scepter?

/thread

Time-Immemorial
Forum rules say OP cannot be changed unless its less then 1-3 posts in. So this has gotten pretty dumb.

"7) When the thread starter makes a new thread, it is very important to cement the conditions of the scenario in the first few posts. This is to avoid confusion and frustration among the other posters. It will not be acceptable for the thread starter to randomly change the conditions of the thread at random intervals. Once the settings/weapons/gear/handicaps/abilities/etc have been cemented in the first few posts of the thread, that is how they will stay. Therefore, be very sure and for certain of how you want your thread to be constructed."

Impediment
The rules clearly specify that changing the conditions when the thread is well underway is not allowed.

Back to topic, please.

Silent Master
Which means Loki has his armor, knives and imo magic. As magic was stated to be a learned skill rather than an inherent power.

FrothByte
Which means he still beats Baleman and conquers Gotham.

Impediment
Odin strips Loki of his powers and banishes him to Midgard as a mortal.

When Odin banished Thor, Thor landed on Earth with standard Asgardian clothes, not armor, and had no abilities save for his strength and fighting skills.

The OP clearly states that Loki has been stripped of his powers/abilities and is sent to live on Earth as a mortal man. We can safely assume that Loki has no powers/abilities or gear, save for the clothes that he is wearing.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Impediment
When Odin banished Thor, Thor landed on Earth with standard Asgardian clothes, not armor, and had no abilities save for his strength and fighting skills.

The OP clearly states that Loki has been stripped of his powers/abilities and is sent to live on Earth as a mortal man. We can safely assume that Loki has no powers/abilities or gear, save for the clothes that he is wearing.

#BOOM
#Dropthemic

FrothByte

So... does this mean Loki still gets his strength and fighting abilities?

Silent Master
It's amazing how much Loki has to be gimped just to give Baleman a slight chance. However Loki was still smart and skilled enough to hide from Shield, who had access to every camera on the planet and hundreds if not thousands of agents.

Baleman has zero chance of ever tracking Loki down.

Time-Immemorial
So... does this mean Loki still gets his strength and fighting abilities?

How does that mean he gets his strength still? He just said he was de powered.

Time-Immemorial
It's amazing how much Loki has to be gimped just to give Baleman a slight chance. However Loki was still smart and skilled enough to hide from Shield, who had access to every camera on the planet and hundreds if not thousands of agents.

Baleman has zero chance of ever tracking Loki down.

Loki has to be gimped because its a basically a immortal (give or take 5000 years) indestructible god with supernatural powers, vs a human being..

FrothByte
How does that mean he gets his strength still? He just said he was de powered.

Because Impediment said this:

Time-Immemorial
Yes on a human level..Thor was human at that point with above average strength and had good fighting skill, in which Loki would no were be that strong based on his skinny frame with literally no muscles because now he is human. Thor was still big and had lots of muscles.

FrothByte
Yes on a human level..Thor was human at that point with above average strength and had good fighting skill.

I'm just trying to clarify. Because if that's the case then are we giving Loki roughly the same amount of human strength Thor has? Maybe just a notch or so lower?

Time-Immemorial
As I said above, Loki would no were be that strong based on his skinny frame with literally no muscles because now he is human. Thor was still big and had lots of muscles.

Impediment
I'm just trying to clarify. Because if that's the case then are we giving Loki roughly the same amount of human strength Thor has? Maybe just a notch or so lower?

We can safely assume that Loki, on any level, is not as strong as Thor. However, I honestly don't know if Asgardians are "naturally stronger" than humans.

Thoughts?

*Edit: De-powered Thor doesn't have super strength. The ER scene where he was held down by the staff shows us this. I don't see why the same can't be said for Loki.

Time-Immemorial
It would be like a skinny person vs a big guy with muscles. Thor made it pretty clear that his human form would not help anyone. Now if we take human Loki, how can he have strength with no actual muscles to note of?

FrothByte
As I said above, Loki would no were be that strong based on his skinny frame with literally no muscles because now he is human. Thor was still big and had lots of muscles.

Strength is dependent on more than just big muscles. Loki is capable of trading and blocking blows from Thor which indicates that he's pretty near Thor's strength level. Loki is also a trained warrior with centuries of experience. That's quite a load of muscle memory.

Time-Immemorial
We can safely assume that Loki, on any level, is not as strong as Thor. However, I honestly don't know if Asgardians are "naturally stronger" than humans.

Thoughts?

*Edit: De-powered Thor doesn't have super strength. The ER scene where he was held down by the staff shows us this. I don't see why the same can't be said for Loki.

I agree, he had above average strength due to his physiology, but not super human.

Time-Immemorial
Strength is dependent on more than just big muscles. Loki is capable of trading and blocking blows from Thor which indicates that he's pretty near Thor's strength level. Loki is also a trained warrior with centuries of experience. That's quite a load of muscle memory.

HE DOESN'T HAVE HIS POWERS! Going toe toe with Thor with powers hold no bearing here man. He is a skinny smaller then average person in mortal form with no muscles to note of.

FrothByte
I agree, he had above average strength due to his physiology, but not super human.

Seemed closer to peak human strength from the way he handled SHIELD agents. Above average strength is someone who regularly goes to the gym.

Time-Immemorial
THIS ISNT DEPOWERED THOR!! WE ARE TALKING ABOUT DE POWERED LOKI!

I get it you want Batman to lose based on circumventing the OP and Mod Ruling.

FrothByte
HE DOESN'T HAVE HIS POWERS! Going toe toe with Thor with powers hold no bearing here man. He is a skinny smaller then average person in mortal form with no muscles to note of.

So if he doesn't have his powers? Asgardian Loki was trading blows with Asgardian Thor. Is it really such a stretch to think human Loki won't have a similar comparison to human Thor?

Time-Immemorial
So a small skinny person with agility can trade blows with a much bigger stronger person with better agility?

It is not safe to assume Loki has strength in human form when he does not have the physiology to base it on.

Silent Master
I see no reason for Loki to fail, I mean he was smart enough to stay a step ahead of Shield.

FrothByte
THIS ISNT DEPOWERED THOR!! WE ARE TALKING ABOUT DE POWERED LOKI!

I get it you want Batman to lose based on circumventing the OP and Mod Ruling, I'm out.

How am I circumventing mod ruling? I'm assuming Loki's human strength is comparable to human Thor's simply because Loki's asgardian strength is also near to Thor's asgardian strength. So it follows that their human strength would be similar, with Thor somewhat stronger.

Your reasoning however is that Loki must be weak because he doesn't have big muscles.

Tell me honestly, which argument here makes more sense?

Time-Immemorial
You are comparing apples to oranges. Thor isn't just somewhat what stronger, he is a lot stronger, unless you think in god form Loki can trade blows with Hulk now.

Sorry you can't have it both ways.

FrothByte
You are comparing apples to oranges. Thor isn't just somewhat what stronger, he is a lot stronger, unless you think in god form Loki can trade blows with Hulk now.

Sorry you can't have it both ways.

I'm calling it as I see it. We've seen Loki trade blows with Thor quite a lot and Loki can hang in there with Thor for quite a bit. Yes Thor is stronger, but it's not so much that Loki can't block and take blows from Thor.

So it only follows that without powers, Loki would still be within Thor's strength range. That makes a lot more sense than simply thinking Loki is weak because he doesn't have big muscles.

Plus you also neglect the fact that Loki is a trained warrior with centuries of experience.

FrothByte

Thoughts?

I don't really think human Thor had superhuman strength. Based on how he handled the SHIELD agents I'd say he has peak human strength.

Time-Immemorial
I'm calling it as I see it. We've seen Loki trade blows with Thor quite a lot and Loki can hang in there with Thor for quite a bit. Yes Thor is stronger, but it's not so much that Loki can't block and take blows from Thor.

So it only follows that without powers, Loki would still be within Thor's strength range. That makes a lot more sense than simply thinking Loki is weak because he doesn't have big muscles.

Plus you also neglect the fact that Loki is a trained warrior with centuries of experience.

So your throwing out Thor stating he has always held back on Loki.

FrothByte
So your throwing out Thor stating he has always held back on Loki.

I'm not saying that. I'm saying that Loki is strong and skilled enough to give Thor a hard time, such that Thor needs to get very serious if he wants to take out Loki. Which means Loki is still within Thor's range. It's not like Thor can just toy around with Loki.

Time-Immemorial
He never gave Thor a hard time. He never wanted to hurt or kill Loki even when Loki wanted to do the same to him. Don't you understand their fights were brotherly fights with Thor being the stronger loving brother even knowing that Loki despised him? And yes if Thor wanted to he could toy with him. He was always holding back and always gimping himself to help his brother.

relentless1
Actually, OP revised thread to allow mind control. With mind control he should do it very easily.

But even without mind control, this is a guy a thousand years old. Who's quite a capable combatant himself and is known for making plots within plots. That's already quite a number of advantages compared to the usual crime lords of Gotham.

age doesnt necessarily equate to knowledge or wisdom.. I know some old people that are dumb as ****, that argument holds no weight

Time-Immemorial
Yea just look at how stupid Loki thought Thor was and they were the same age. Or look at how stupid Odin thought Loki was, age means nothing here.

Silent Master
age doesnt necessarily equate to knowledge or wisdom.. I know some old people that are dumb as ****, that argument holds no weight

But we know it does in Loki's case as he was able to run circles around Shield. Seriously, at some point you really need to watch the movies.

FrothByte
He never gave Thor a hard time. He never wanted to hurt or kill Loki even when Loki wanted to do the same to him. Don't you understand their fights were brotherly fights with Thor being the stronger loving brother even knowing that Loki despised him? And yes if Thor wanted to he could toy with him. He was always holding back and always gimping himself to help his brother.

Then we disagree. If Thor was truly that far above Loki then he could easily incapacitate Loki without too much effort. The fact that he had to get pretty serious to eventually take out Loki shows that Loki is closer to Thor than you're willing to admit.

Time-Immemorial
So then you think Loki could trade blows with Hulk.

Gotcha.

Loki could not even KO cap.

Thor is leagues above Loki.

FrothByte
So then you think Loki could trade blows with Hulk.

Gotcha.

Heck I don't think Thor could trade blows with Hulk, not for long anyway. I do think Loki could put up a good fight against Hulk.

Time-Immemorial
Thor can and has shown he can. So if you think Loki is that close then that means you think Loki could as well.

And no, he wouldn't and we already have screen feats that prove he wouldn't put up any fight in h2h. He gets rag dolled, again. He could not even put Cap down.

FrothByte
Thor can and has shown he can. So if you think Loki is that close then that means you think Loki could as well.

And no, he wouldn't and we already have screen feats that prove he wouldn't put up any fight in h2h. He gets rag dolled, again.

You have zero screenfeats of Loki actually trying to fight Hulk. Try again.

Time-Immemorial
You have zero evidence to prove he could put up a good fight against Hulk.

Try harder

See this is what you do when I prove your logic piss poor.

FrothByte
You have zero evidence to prove he could put up a good fight against Hulk.

Try harder

See this is what you do when I prove your logic piss poor.

I have proof he can put up a good fight against Thor, and proof that Thor puts up a good fight against Hulk. You have zero proof to show that Loki can't put up a good fight against Hulk.

Time-Immemorial
Thor was holding back, Loki is way below Thor, try again.

Hulk already beat down Loki.

Loki could not put Cap down.

Try again

FrothByte
Thor was holding back, Loki is way below Thor, try again.

Hulk already beat down Loki.

Loki could not put Cap down.

Try again

Below Thor? Yes. Way below Thor? No. Thor obviously had difficulty in fighting Loki.

Loki never tried to fight Hulk.

Loki only had how many seconds to fight Cap? Considering the fact that Cap is skilled and strong enough to fight off Ultron, Cap isn't exactly a lightweight.

Batman had trouble with Joker.

Time-Immemorial
laughing out loud

Concession accepted

FrothByte
laughing out loud

Concession accepted

K

Time-Immemorial
Prove Loki has more durability on human form then joker who has been shown in all movies and comics to have insane damage soak.

Show me one slice of evidence showing Loki in human form having more damage soak then Joker.

Time-Immemorial
I also forgot to mention. Kurse wrecked Thor harder then then Hulk wrecked Loki and Thor recovered much fasterlaughing out loud

Thor is leagues above Loki.

Thor is a fully powered Asgardian where is Loki is a runt frost giant.

FrothByte
Prove Loki has more durability on human form then joker who has been shown in all movies and comics to have insane damage soak.

Show me one slice of evidence showing Loki in human form having more damage soak then Joker.

Comics? Really?

Besides, it's not just durability. For all of Batman's supposed skill, he still had a hard time with Joker.

Time-Immemorial
Yes comics and all movie showings. Dating back to the origional batman.

Now quit whining and accept the L.

Show me any durability showing for Loki in human form or take the L.

FrothByte
Yes comics and all movie showings. Dating back to the origional batman.

Now quit whining and accept the L.

Show me any durability showing for Loki in human form or take the L.

Sorry, no. This is a movie forum. We'll stick to movies. So, show me this supposedly insane durability you keep talking about regarding Joker.

Time-Immemorial
Sorry but yes he has shown massive durability in all movie shows, weasel

FrothByte
Sorry but yes he has shown massive durability in all movie shows, weasel

Feats please.

Time-Immemorial
Show me feats of Human Loki doing anything you claim.laughing out loud

And go watch the actual movie for yourself, weasel.

FrothByte
Show me feats of Human Loki doing anything you claim.laughing out loud

Hey man, you're the one who claimed Joker has insane durability feats. I never claimed Loki had insane human durability feats.

Time-Immemorial
You claimed he was Thor light in human form.

Back your claim, weasel.

Show proof that Loki has strength in human form.

Surtur
cap was able to give him trouble and that was WITH powers

This was only because Loki wanted to get captured.

BruceSkywalker
oh wow, what have I missed...... reading these last several pages.... anyways Baleman beats Loki in human form

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>