Dark Phoenix vs the Avengers...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
Dark Phoenix from Xmen The Last Stand takes on the Avengers from the original Avengers movie in a battle to the Death or KO with no BFR allowed...

Who wins?

Utrigita
The Dark Phoenix should take this, her ability to vaporize people instantly, and her ability to seemingly ignore physical damage as long as she was in a specific mindset makes her close to unstoppable. And while I know this is only feats from the first movie, I'll like to highlight that all of the Avengers was susceptibel to Scarlet Witch, and Phoenix is imo a more powerful telepath, she will turn their brain to mush.

Tattoos N Scars
What could Mjolnir lightning blasts do? Black hole grenades could work, but the Avengers wouldn't have them.

TheVaultDweller
Phoenix should be able to disintegrate or mind f*** any of the Avengers. Hell, she even took Xavier for a ride during the end of X2, while simultaneously holding off the giant wall of water and controlling the x-jet. Widow, Cap, Hawkeye and even Iron Man die almost instantly IMO.

FrothByte
Widow, Cap and Hawkeye die instantly. IM survive a bit due to his armor... till Jean just crushes his armor.

Thor and Hulk will be more difficult due to durability, but unless the fight starts up really close I don't see Hulk closing the distance enough to hurt her. That leaves Thor. If Thor can withstand Jean's initial assault then he might be able to blast her with lightning, and I don't recall her being any more durable than normal Jean.

IMO, if Phoenix tries to disintegrate Thor, Thor can withstand it long enough to blast her with lightning. If she mind blasts Thor though then Thor doesn't have any defense against that.

Utrigita
Originally posted by FrothByte
Widow, Cap and Hawkeye die instantly. IM survive a bit due to his armor... till Jean just crushes his armor.

Thor and Hulk will be more difficult due to durability, but unless the fight starts up really close I don't see Hulk closing the distance enough to hurt her. That leaves Thor. If Thor can withstand Jean's initial assault then he might be able to blast her with lightning, and I don't recall her being any more durable than normal Jean.

IMO, if Phoenix tries to disintegrate Thor, Thor can withstand it long enough to blast her with lightning. If she mind blasts Thor though then Thor doesn't have any defense against that.

Based on how easily she managed to withstand Cyclops continued barrage the moment she unlocked her Dark Phoenix potential/personality, I personally don't see the lightning coming close to connecting.

Tattoos N Scars
Can she deflect a head shot from Mjolnir, you think? Especially with others keeping her busy.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Can she deflect a head shot from Mjolnir, you think? Especially with others keeping her busy.

Not sure. I consider Odin's magic greater than mutant powers. But then again Phoenix is supposed to be a cosmic entity and Kurse did deflect Mjolnir (very sloppy writing that).

FrothByte
Originally posted by Utrigita
Based on how easily she managed to withstand Cyclops continued barrage the moment she unlocked her Dark Phoenix potential/personality, I personally don't see the lightning coming close to connecting.

Trying to remember... which scene did this happen? X3?

Scoobless

X2, in the dam (that's what cracked the dam)

Utrigita

X2 when the xmen have entered the compound, cyclops attacks and Jean is initially struggling then we see her Dark Phoenix personality break through, also x3 where she takes Scott's glasses off and hold back his eye beam, though this I'm a little more iffy on. Can't quite recall the scene.

Edit: what Scroobles said as well.

Zack M
Phoenix.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Utrigita
X2 when the xmen have entered the compound, cyclops attacks and Jean is initially struggling then we see her Dark Phoenix personality break through, also x3 where she takes Scott's glasses off and hold back his eye beam, though this I'm a little more iffy on. Can't quite recall the scene.

Edit: what Scroobles said as well.

Ok I remember now. Guess that takes lightning off the table then.

BruceSkywalker
Jean stomps

Inhuman
Would Scarlet Witch, Thors exotic attacks or Vision + Mind gem affect her?

Utrigita
Ok I remember now. Guess that takes lightning off the table then.

From my perspective yes. Thor's lightning and Cyclops, while not having alot in common directly is both projected energy. I have no doubt Jean can shield herself from it.

Originally posted by Inhuman

I consider Scarlet Witch a inferior version of Jean to be honest. Thor's exotic attacks? I never saw Vision affecting anything beyond Ultron with his mindgem, never a human. I imagine a blast from Vision will suffer the same fate as the eye beam from Cyclops. But that is just my take on it.

Tattoos N Scars
If Quicksilver was allowed, could Jean counter that speed?

FrothByte
Originally posted by Inhuman

Scarlet Witch might be too squishy to survive her disintegrating AOE. Thor and Vision (especially Vision) might be able to bombard her with enough attacks for one to get through though. I'm unsure. Vision can turn intangible and just walk up to her.

carthage
Most likely Jean unless Mjolnir gets chucked at her, or Thor strikes her with lightning which seems unlikely imo

Utrigita
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
If Quicksilver was allowed, could Jean counter that speed?

I highly doubt that personally.

FrothByte
Phoenix seemed to have an almost force-field TK ability which disintegrated anyone who got close to her. Meaning QS wouldn't get close even with his speed. Best bet is to have Vision go intangible, walk up to her, then snap her neck.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.