Who's the GREATEST Actor of all time?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack M
To name some of the greats:

De Niro
Daniel Day Lewis
Al Pacino
Dustin Hoffman
Anthony Hopkins
Marlon Brando
Jack Nicholson

Who is it, in your opinion?

jaden101
Out of those I'd say DDL has the best range although I'd still put Gary Oldman above him along with Di Caprio.

steverules_2
Lindsay Lohan

juggerman
Jai Courtney

Inhuman
Nicolas Cage

Bentley
Tom Hardy.

jaden101
Ron Jeremy

Henry_Pym
Jaden Smith

Robtard
Similar thread been done before, years ago. I said Gary Oldman; I still maintain that.

marwash22
Originally posted by jaden101
Out of those I'd say DDL has the best range although I'd still put Gary Oldman above him along with Di Caprio. not saying it doesn't exist, I'm just ignorant if it does, but what comedic roles has DDL done?

Zack M
Originally posted by Robtard
Similar thread been done before, years ago. I said Gary Oldman; I still maintain that.

Why do you think he's better than Brando?

carthage
Nicholson, Oldman, De Niro, Brando

Someone of those four, give it a few more decades and Dicaprio will likely be counted amongst those names

Time-Immemorial
Leo
Pitt
Hopkins
Pacino
De Niro
Brando

Arachnid1
Tom Hardy, Jack Nicholson, Brad Pitt, and Leo DiCap are my tops.

Nicholson is probably the best, though my personal favorite is Pitt.

Robtard
Originally posted by Zack M
Why do you think he's better than Brando?
Oldman's my favorite actor and his range is most impressive to me, even in not top-shelf films, his acting/characters stand out.

I don't particularly think Brando is amazing, he's done some fantastic work at times, but he seems to come off boorish and heavy in his style many a time.

BruceSkywalker
not ben Affleck or will smith hahahahahahahahahaha

it is also subjective

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Inhuman
Nicolas Cage

This. Duh!

http://www.gifwave.com/media/8993_nicolas-cage-film-ghost-rider_200s.gif

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Tom Hardy, Jack Nicholson, Brad Pitt, and Leo DiCap are my tops.

Nicholson is probably the best, though my personal favorite is Pitt.

thumb up

Jmanghan
No Clint Eastwood?

relentless1
for me its a tossup between Daniel Day Lewis or Gary Oldman, I haven't seen many other actors actually change their speech patterns and mannerisms for a role like these guys have. Most "actors" play a certain type of personality, even greats such as Jack Nicholson do this most of the time; theres a huge difference between actor and star and these two are prime example of what a textbook definitive actor really is.

Henry_Pym
On a serious note, Jackie Chan.

What he lacks in range he makes up with wit and charm. One of the only actors left that make me instantly want to see a film.

Impediment
Christopher Lee.

/thread.

CPT Space Bomb
Impossible to choose. However, I do feel that Kurt Russel doesn't get the credit he deserves. I love me some Kurt Russel.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view8/4712435/hell-s-coming-with-me-o.gif

Khazra Reborn
Daniel Day Lewis, over all.

Clint Eastwood for the "tough guy" type.

Arachnid1
Also, Patrick Swayze deserves a spot up there

http://www.newnownext.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/3-Point-Break-quotes.gif

The Nuul
Benedict Cumberbatch!

inbefore Quan

Zack M
Originally posted by Robtard
Oldman's my favorite actor and his range is most impressive to me, even in not top-shelf films, his acting/characters stand out.

I don't particularly think Brando is amazing, he's done some fantastic work at times, but he seems to come off boorish and heavy in his style many a time.

I think Brando's 2 best roles (On the Waterfront and A Streetcar Named Desire) are better than anything Oldman has done. Those roles were flawless, IMO. However, Brando didn't take acting all that seriously late in life and damaged his legacy. IMO, Brando in his prime is better than Oldman. Respectfully.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
On a serious note, Jackie Chan.

What he lacks in range he makes up with wit and charm. One of the only actors left that make me instantly want to see a film. I avoid most of Jackie Chan's flicks, honestly.

Dude bores me to tears.

The Nuul
for the last few years, it's been Leo.

Tattoos N Scars
My personal favorite is Clint Eastwood. Older actors such as Humphrey Bogart, Jimmy Stewart, and Spencer Tracy made fantastic movies during their times.

Firefly218
Maybe not the greatest, but my favorite is Tom Hanks

meep-meep
Calculon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.