Revan vs. Dooku & Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
Revan as of Shadow of Revan, Dooku as of Revenge of the Sith, Maul as of Son of Dathomir. Battle takes place on Lothal.

Col. Valerian
Revan is overpowered, especially if they're able to blitz him.

S_W_LeGenD
Revan will hold his own against the duo, might even score a victory. However, I do not rule out the possibility of defeat in this confrontation either.

Moreover, nobody is fast enough to blitz Revan in a confrontation.

Syndicate
Not sure.

NewGuy01
Revan's good enough to put up a fair fight, but his chances of victory are all but nonexistant.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
It's highly doubtful that Revan's getting blitzed, but he'd probably lose in an excellent fight.

Edit: or maybe not.

JKBart
BONUS ROUND

Revan with his eyes gauged out and two blaster holes in the right arm

vs.

Darth Maul without his left leg.

Fight takes place on Ysalamiri farm.

EmperorSidious2
Team

Syndicate
Originally posted by JKBart
BONUS ROUND

Revan with his eyes gauged out and two blaster holes in the right arm

vs.

Darth Maul without his left leg.

Fight takes place on Ysalamiri farm.

Revan. You should know blindness doesn't impede powerful force users.

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/b/bf/RahmKota.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20070921162418&path-prefix=nl

;3

NewGuy01
It does when they can't use the force.

Lord Stark
Revan gets stomped. Dooku was confident he could defeat Sidious with Maul.

NewGuy01
He's wrong, though. They'd be able to put up a respectable fight, but those two can't even beat Yoda.

Sinious
No way Dooku+Maul are taking Sidious lol

cs_zoltan
Dooku was also confident he'd solo Yoda.

Trocity
Originally posted by cs_zoltan

thumb up

carthage
Revan dies

Lord Stark
Originally posted by cs_zoltan

A fair point, but Dooku said this after his confrontation with Yoda. I don't think Maul and Dooku can take Sidious but I think they'd give him a hell of a fight. And any team that can do that is>>Revan.

Deronn_solo
Given that the team of Maul and Savage isn't really that far below the team of that same Maul, and Dooku; I doubt it would be a hell of a fight, tbh.

ILS
Sidious can logically win a lot of fights by throwing people into walls head first or shutting their wind pipes. Plot and the need to create suspense is all that stopped him from doing that to Maul and Savage off the bat. Dooku would go down just as quickly. Star Wars is dumb like that.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Lord Stark
A fair point, but Dooku said this after his confrontation with Yoda. I don't think Maul and Dooku can take Sidious but I think they'd give him a hell of a fight. And any team that can do that is>>Revan.

And later in SoD Dooku basically said he and Maul would get rekt if they went against Palpatine.

Sinious
At least they portrayed him as having fun fighting them, so it wasn't that dumb.

S_W_LeGenD
Revan gets stomped. Dooku was confident he could defeat Sidious with Maul.
This won't be a stomp. Revan is extraordinarily powerful just like Yoda and Luke Skywalker.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by NewGuy01
He's wrong, though. They'd be able to put up a respectable fight, but those two can't even beat Yoda. And Revan can???

Tondemonai
Close fight. Revan can definitely hold them off with his Force advantage, and as long as he can keep distance will more likely than not win majority; however he's boned if they close in on him (which is unlikely given his TK and warp thing)

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Jmanghan
And Revan can???

No.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Given that the team of Maul and Savage isn't really that far below the team of that same Maul, and Dooku; I doubt it would be a hell of a fight, tbh.

What? Savage isn't close to Maul or Dooku's league. There's a hell of a difference between the two teams.

Originally posted by NewGuy01
And later in SoD Dooku basically said he and Maul would get rekt if they went against Palpatine.

That's hardly accurate at all considering that was including Talzin. And we all know that Talzin, Maul and Dooku would rofl stomp Sidious.

NewGuy01
What? Savage isn't close to Maul or Dooku's league. There's a hell of a difference between the two teams.

That's hardly accurate at all considering that was including Talzin. And we all know that Talzin, Maul and Dooku would rofl stomp Sidious.

He didn't know Talzin was involved until a few seconds afterward, iirc.

Col. Valerian
I agree with Stark in the sense that Dooku and Maul would put up a better fight against Sidious than Maul and Savage ever did, but I don't think it'd be enough to defeat him tbh. Had Sidious wanted, he could've ended his fight vs. Maul and Savage with the Force in the first thirty seconds, but he preferred to toy around with lightsabers.

He'd probably see Dooku as more of a threat than Savage and thus would take out Maul fast so he can then solo Dooku. That's the most likely outcome imo.

And Revan is more powerful in the Force than either of them, but he won't defeat them on a saber duel. If they manage to get close, Revan's dead.

Deronn_solo

LAWL. The difference between Savage and Dooku isn't a big difference at all when all the bias is tossed aside and their feats are objectively juxtaposed. There are also two things you seem to be ignoring:

1) Dooku has a noted weakness to duelist who can deliver monstrous kenetic force behind their blows, do to his Lightsaber form and frankly---Sidious strength makes anyone who has ever taxed Dooku in that department feeble in comparison. This means, Palatine had a form advantag over Tyranus he didn't have the luxury to sport vs Opress.

2) Maul and Dooku teamwork is nowhere near as fluent as Savage and Maul 's own, which plays a major role in a 2-1 battle.

So yeah, Dooku and Maul will go down in the same fashion as Maul with Opress from where I'm standing.

Col. Valerian
Savage is not as close to Dooku as you point him out to be, but yeah Sids takes them.

Deronn_solo
Then how far is Dooku above Opress, then?

Col. Valerian
Well, he has a serious disadvantage in that he can't block lightning efficiently. I'd say Dooku's TK is considerably better, and his dueling skills far outclass Savage's.

JKBart
How far is ILS above Erkan, then?

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Col. Valerian
Well, he has a serious disadvantage in that he can't block lightning efficiently. I'd say Dooku's TK is considerably better, and his dueling skills far outclass Savage's.

This is true in Season 3, but he was trained by Maul afterward. There are half-animated scenes where be blocked Sidious' lightning in the Lawless, so it's presumable that he doesn't still have that glaring weakness.

Col. Valerian
Even if he doesn't, Dooku is still significantly above in terms of Force power and mastery, tho.

ILS
Mastery and precision, sure. Power? According to what?

Col. Valerian
When has Savage ever demonstrated to have power in Dooku's level? He's got raw strength, sure, but Force power equal to the Count's?

ILS
Aside from choking/blasting around pretty much everyone? Shattering Mandalorian Iron, and blasting armies around like wet cloth is pretty cool. Besides, where are you even going with "significantly above"? Dooku couldn't exert a telekinetic edge over Season 3 Savage, so I'm wondering, do you really think he could do so to Season 5 Savage?

Col. Valerian

|King Joker|
Anakin and Obi-Wan definitely weren't floored in that gif

Col. Valerian
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Anakin and Obi-Wan definitely weren't floored in that gif

Sorry, not floored. Pushed.

ILS
The opinion of one writer, the same writer who claims he would back Maul for a majority over Dooku? Yeah, not really seeing why this is supposed to be irrefutable?
Well, I'm enjoying this. You started with "significantly above" and have retreated to Savage simply not being Dooku's equal. I agree, he isn't. But he's powerful enough that Dooku isn't going to make him budge with TK. As for Maul vs Dooku, that's another tangent for another thread.
And your point is? Dooku has never demonstrated the ability to destroy nigh-indestructible Mandalorian Iron. Do you seriously think "I haven't seen it happen, therefore it can't ever happen" is a logical argument?
That's cute.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11117/111179633/4625231-savage+uses+force+wave.gif
Your point being? Dooku overall has a better record of lifting/moving big things, very good - we also haven't seen Savage in his prime attempt to. That doesn't conclude this huge superiority you're trying to prove on it's own.
No doubt he's more precise with it as seen with Kenobi, and I agree he is more powerful than Savage. I'm just trying to work out where you get this massive disparity from when there clearly isn't one, even by Season 3, when it required all of Dooku and Ventress' combined power just to fend off Savage momentarily.

Col. Valerian
Originally posted by ILS
The opinion of one writer, the same writer who claims he would back Maul for a majority over Dooku?

When did he make that claim?

All I'm saying is that Dooku is above Savage in every combat aspect. If you agree, then we have no points to discuss.

As far as feats go, Dooku has the upper hand. That's all. It doesn't mean Savage can't do it, but we'll know if he can until we see him do it. I think saying 'well we've not seen Ventress pull a Force storm, doesn't mean she can't' argument is the non-logical one. We haven't seen it happen, so why argue that it can happen until it actually does? Savage hasn't demonstrated he has Dooku level abilities, so let's not assume he has. He is impressive, tho, I do agree on that.
And considering Dooku is Savage's superior, by your own admission, why wouldn't he be able to destroy Mandalorian Iron? I think it's logical to assume that if Dooku is Savage's superior in every angle (even if the gap isn't as significant), he could indeed destroy Mandalorian Iron. It doesn't apply the other way around.

Kenobi and Anakin didn't even attempt to block that one. It caught them off-guard. In the gif I posted, they try to resist it and are still pushed back a couple of meters, and even with their attempt at resisting the push and decreasing its strength, the Pykes behind them are still sent flying away. Also, you can clearly see it's taking Savage a whole lot of effort to perform that wave. Dooku does it casually.

Would you say Dooku going one-on-one versus Savage would lose? Because if not, that fight against him, alongside Ventress, is an anomaly in the sense that Savage dug deep into his rage to give him the necessary strength. We don't see Savage pull that kind of fight ever again vs. the Count. I'd say 10/10 times Dooku beats Savage one-on-one. What that scene showed us is that Savage indeed has a lot of raw power and scary strength, not that he'd give Dooku a run for his money on a straight up duel.

ILS
On another forum in reply to Erkan/Marco.

Not to be nitpicky, but no, Dooku isn't above Savage in "every combat aspect", otherwise he wouldn't be getting flung into walls by the sheer strength of Savage's blows. If you want my approval that Dooku would probably win in a fight, you have it, but then I'm not overly fond of that idea without someone making a real argument for it. Savage grew substantially as a fighter after a time where he was already giving Dooku a handful, you're being actively ignorant to rule out the idea of Dooku ever losing to Savage.

The only reason I would conclusively put Dooku above Savage as a telekinetic is his choking of Kenobi and the simple fact he's more precise, whereas Savage usually unleashes large waves. Like I said, we haven't seen Savage try to pull down the same bridges and what not, so it's a weak argument to suggest Dooku is better than him because he's been seen doing so. Hence why I said "we haven't seen Dooku bust Mandalorian Iron" as a counter-retort. The argument goes both ways and it does little in the way of getting a real answer.
Maybe reading is a lost art. I was pointing out the weakness in your argument, not seriously suggesting Savage is Dooku's equal just because he broke a prison cell.
Because, in the absence of other evidence like ragdolling Kenobi, I wouldn't see much reason to assume anything other than that they're pretty close. We have that evidence, so I do agree Dooku would be able to break it.

As for the rest, while they don't necessarily have their defences up I'm a bit more lenient when you consider that Force Shield is such a basic ability, and that Savage's blast was omnidirectional, not focused solely on them. If it was I'm not sure how much better they would fare.

As for his increased effort... bare in mind he kind of just got finished fighting Ventress and Dooku at the same time, being smashed with lightning that has killed other Force users, repeatedly, followed up by fighting Kenobi and Anakin, and finally having been shot by hundreds of blaster bolts. He was being shot by those blaster bolts while charging up the blast, in fact, so again I'm pretty lenient.

I'm not saying Dooku would necessarily lose; he's clearly the better Force user in terms of power somewhat and precision definitively. Savage has answers for his TK and lightning but they are still edges for Dooku. He's much more skilled than Savage in a conventional sense but Savage was already making up for that disparity in Season 3 alone - Dooku is yet to actually meet Savage's blade after their last fight with any success, he relied on dodging it throughout. And for good reason I would think; he's older and weaker than he used to be, and his lightsaber form can't meet powerful opponents head on. Savage is, physically speaking, the strongest Clone Wars era duelist bar Yoda and Sidious. On that basis alone, and because we've seen Savage take Dooku off of his feet before, it's a pretty good fight worth discussing. Dooku is obviously the safe answer, especially if you don't like Savage as many don't, but being objective, I don't rule out either's chances. Savage is badly underrated.

Also... not sure how you managed to interpret Dooku feeling overwhelmed by Savage even with Ventress' help as some kind of evidence that Savage will never give him a run for his money. Savage only grew more powerful after that point, with every passing day according to Dooku himself who could feel Savage growing more powerful from arcoss the galaxy. He even flat out says "he is a threat to us all". If that doesn't spell out trouble to you then I don't know what will.

NewGuy01
thumb up

Dooku is more powerful though, fagils.

Nephthys
Didn't we see Dooku lift like 5 times as many obelisks as Savage casually? Even if Savage leveled up afterwards, thats a direct comparison where Dooku eclipsed Savage by far.

Sinious
Pretty sure Dooku's handling of Savage while fighting Ventress was also a direct comparison.

ILS
Right, because Day 1 Savage is comparable to Season 5, even when by Dooku's own admission he's a threat that can be felt growing in power from across the galaxy with each passing day.

Sinious
I'm just saying their fight is a more obvious example of how much more powerful Dooku was at the time. Though, I'm still not sure how much more Savage grew in power exactly after that.

ILS
Originally posted by Sinious
Pretty sure Dooku's handling of Savage while fighting Ventress was also a direct comparison. Uh, were we watching the same fight? Savage had Dooku cornered early on without Ventress' assistance and was only held off by Dooku's lightning from there on out. From there it was stated in the Fact File that the combined might of Ventress and Dooku was needed to fend Savage off.

In more plain terms; they ran away from him.

Nephthys
Ventress was also a threat and we saw how that went. And unless Savage multiplied in power, the comparison stands.

ILS
I'm just saying their fight is a more obvious example of how much more powerful Dooku was at the time. Though, I'm still not sure how much more Savage grew in power exactly after that. He went from struggling to lift obelisks to shattering a virtually indestructible metal which was melded into a prison cell. I'd say he became pretty fugging powerful.

Sinious
Lol that doesn't change the fact that Dooku handled him with such ease that it made Ventress mock Savage for his weakness.

ILS
Originally posted by Nephthys
Ventress was also a threat and we saw how that went. And unless Savage multiplied in power, the comparison stands. See above.

ILS
Lol that doesn't change the fact that Dooku handled him with such ease that it made Ventress mock Savage for his weakness. Lmao, it was his first time combating lightning. As I said, with Maul's tutelage, the experience gained from the fight and the cut footage showing him deflecting Sidious' lightning, I'd say it's a safe bet he knew what to do after that point. Lightning aside he wasn't being "handled" and Ventress' emotion-fueled commentary means jackshit. Try again.

It's like you and Neph can't physically prevent yourselves from nitpicking anything and everything that could lower Savage's standing. Talk about open bias.

Nephthys
Originally posted by ILS
See above.

He never did that tho

Lol @ ****in' ILS talking about open bias when it comes to a Zabrak Bro.

ILS
He never did that tho Pretty sure you ragequitted this topic the first time we went over it. No need to repeat history.

ILS
Lol @ ****in' ILS talking about open bias when it comes to a Zabrak Bro. http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/i_like_swords/lists/top-10-favourite-sith-lords/58737/

Savage doesn't make my list and I'm currently defending him against my number 3. I actually present arguments; you cling to the sidelines and lick Malgus, Bane and most other bald character's balls while hopping on the PT-sucks bandwagon. This isn't even a comparison. Like, you are literally haunted at night by CW era characters and have Darth Bane wallpaper in your bedroom.

Syndicate
Originally posted by ILS
http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/i_like_swords/lists/top-10-favourite-sith-lords/58737/

Savage doesn't make my list and I'm currently defending him against my number 3. I actually present arguments; you cling to the sidelines and lick Malgus, Bane and most other bald character's balls while hopping on the PT-sucks bandwagon. This isn't even a comparison.

What about Vader? Technically he's bald.

ILS
Originally posted by Syndicate
What about Vader? Technically he's bald. Vader's helmet is an exception to Neph's fellatio.

Syndicate
Originally posted by ILS
Vader's helmet is an exception to Neph's fellatio.

Seems legit.

Nephthys
I'm sensing a touch of hostility here. Does the S stand for salt or what bro?

You were making the point that we can't directly compare Dooku to Savage in TK, despite that it actually happens flat out at one point. I was just trying to contribute, you're the only who's getting personal about this. I'm not seeing where my bias is supposed to come in, I dislike Dooku.

Also, no it still wasn't beskar. :winku:

Sinious
Originally posted by ILS
Lmao, it was his first time combating lightning. As I said, with Maul's tutelage, the experience gained from the fight and the cut footage showing him deflecting Sidious' lightning, I'd say it's a safe bet he knew what to do after that point. Lightning aside he wasn't being "handled" and Ventress' emotion-fueled commentary means jackshit. Try again.

It's like you and Neph can't physically prevent yourselves from nitpicking anything and everything that could lower Savage's standing. Talk about open bias. Wait, so just because Maul once resisted nightsister lightning, its a safe bet that Savage properly learned how to defend against powerful lightning? Maul is basically tanking the lightning there, not shielding himself against it. If the lightning was more potent, I doubt he could just keep moving like that.

I checked your RT and haven't been able to find anything else. Enlighten me if there is more to it. Also, LOL @ Savage surviving Sidious' lightning. That scene is cut footage for a reason.

More like you're wanking Savage more than he deserves to be wanked. I already conceded that I was underestimating his growth and wasn't even sure if he could take hope Malgus where now I accept that he'd give deceived Malgus a good fight. I still disagree with you about Savage nearing Dooku level and I'd hardly call that a biased opinion.

ILS
@Neph Let me re-phrase this then; we can't directly compare Dooku to Savage in TK in a non-retarded way. Savage is a Force prodigy who grows very quickly, using something that happened two TCW seasons before his prime to gauge him is silly.

You only ever have negative points to raise about Savage, hence bias.

Syndicate
Dooku's got the better object manipulation feats undoubtedly.

Savage when enraged has briefly overwhelmed both Dooku and Ventress while they were fighting eachother along with Obi Wan and Anakin who were likely unprepared and a group of droids.

Dooku has given pause to both Anakin and Obi Wan and a group of Pikes with a casual force push along with taking out Kenobi in RotS.

Savage improved up to his death and I firmly believe he is around his brother's level of power.

However I believe that his feats as they are and as they will remain are below Dooku's. Is it by an enormous margin? No. Is there a gap? Yes.

Personally do I think it's enough to allow Dooku to ragdoll or overwhelm Savage consistently? No. I do believe however it would give him an advantage in that Savage would have to focus on defending himself from said attacks and Dooku who has shown himself capable of deftly chaining in such attacks would be able to take advantage of this.

So essentially to answer the question, is there a gap between Dooku and Savage? Yes. Would it be enough to drastically change the outcome of a fight? No. Would it be enough to affect the outcome of a fight? Yes.

And that's the stance I hold on the matter.

ILS
Wait, so just because Maul once resisted nightsister lightning, its a safe bet that Savage properly learned how to defend against powerful lightning? Maul is basically tanking the lightning there, not shielding himself against it. If the lightning was more potent, I doubt he could just keep moving like that.

I checked your RT and haven't been able to find anything else. Enlighten me if there is more to it. Also, LOL @ Savage surviving Sidious' lightning. That scene is cut footage for a reason.

More like you're wanking Savage more than he deserves to be wanked. I already conceded that I was underestimating his growth and wasn't even sure if he could take hope Malgus where now I accept that he'd give deceived Malgus a good fight. I still disagree with you about Savage nearing Dooku level and I'd hardly call that a biased opinion. Uhm... no? Do you know how to read? I listed three reasons, you quoted those three reasons, and then say "wait, so you only have one reason"... what? Maul would have learned from the experience too, hence why I think over the course of Savage's training he'd probably clue him in. Savage is also very bright so he would have learned from his experience as well.

I wasn't claiming Savage can survive Sidious' lightning, I'm aware the scene is pretty... comical. I was merely showing that by that point in time Savage had the initiative to try and block lightning. It only makes sense.

Your arguments thus far have sucked, doe. Little of what I've said has been refuted. you've resorted to nitpicking with Neph. And while you worry about assigning characters a "level" I'm going to go ahead and continue looking at how they actually fight for an answer. thumb up

Nephthys
Originally posted by ILS
@Neph Let me re-phrase this then; we can't directly compare Dooku to Savage in TK in a non-retarded way. Savage is a Force prodigy who grows very quickly, using something that happened two TCW seasons before his prime to gauge him is silly.

You only ever have negative points to raise about Savage, hence bias.

And like I said, unless he literally multiplied in power, which is utterly ridiculous, the comparison should still be reasonably solid. Also I don't think theres anything indicating a massive improvement after that, he doesn't have any feats vastly superior to such a degree.

You only ever have positive points to raise about him, hence you're Hitler. Obviously.

Sinious
Originally posted by ILS
Uhm... no? Do you know how to read? I listed three reasons, you quoted those three reasons, and then say "wait, so you only have one reason"... what? Maul would have learned from the experience too, hence why I think over the course of Savage's training he'd probably clue him in. Savage is also very bright so he would have learned from his experience as well.

I wasn't claiming Savage can survive Sidious' lightning, I'm aware the scene is pretty... comical. I was merely showing that by that point in time Savage had the initiative to try and block lightning. It only makes sense.

Your arguments thus far have sucked, doe. Little of what I've said has been refuted. you've resorted to nitpicking with Neph. And while you worry about assigning characters a "level" I'm going to go ahead and continue looking at how they actually fight for an answer. thumb up Then list the experiences that allowed him to learn how to properly defend against lightning, and master it enough to fully teach another. One of those reasons was irrelevant since its a deleted scene that wasn't even properly animated, I don't recall any useful experiences Maul has so like I said, enlighten me.

I haven't really argued much, and agree that characters would perform differently against different type of combatants. It's pretty much proven by both canon and legends so not sure why you think anyone's denying that. I meant he doesn't near Dooku level as in he still has far less experience and knowledge of the force, he is far less skilled, and at best has his brother's raw power (unless you think Savage is more powerful than Maul) who is not as powerful as Dooku. Like I said, Savage's OP enraged moments are not a reflection of how he usually fights.

Beniboybling
And like I said, unless he literally multiplied in power, which is utterly ridiculous, the comparison should still be reasonably solid. Also I don't think theres anything indicating a massive improvement after that, he doesn't have any feats vastly superior to such a degree.

You only ever have positive points to raise about him, hence you're Hitler. Obviously. Why is it ridiculous? That is the first time Savage lifted an object telekinetically, as far as we know. Of course he is going to be terrible.

Really if Dooku was so much more powerful than Savage the latter wouldn't have been able to tank five successive bursts of his Force lightning, nor would have Savage been able to knock him on his ass with a blow, or tear through his Force barriers while simultaneously dominating Ventress. Dooku himself acknowledges Savage to be a threat to him, so obviously he is.

Sinious
This reminds me of the times when the other Maul dude claimed Maul > Vader cause Sidious said Maul was a rival.

Beniboybling
Not seeing the similarity. smile

Maul was a rival to Sidious in terms of the political power he was accumulating.

Savage is a brute who could only feasibly pose a threat to Dooku as a physical weapon. thumb up

Sinious
He had knowledge of all of them and was an unpredictable beast who was growing in power over the time. Of course he was a threat. That doesn't mean Dooku vs Savage is a great fight lol

Nephthys
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Really if Dooku was so much more powerful than Savage the latter wouldn't have been able to tank five successive bursts of his Force lightning

Savage is a magic-enhanced monster wearing heavy armor though and it's not like Dooku's got stellar lightning or anything. erm

Beniboybling
He had knowledge of all of them and was an unpredictable beast who was growing in power over the time. Of course he was a threat. That doesn't mean Dooku vs Savage is a great fight lol So he's gonna what, leak intel or something?

Dooku states that Savage's power is a threat to him, nothing else, and their last engagement was hardly a stomp in the Count's favour.Originally posted by Nephthys
Savage is a magic-enhanced monster wearing heavy armor though and it's not like Dooku's got stellar lightning or anything. erm Right...

Sinious
So he's gonna what, leak intel or something?

Dooku states that Savage's power is a threat to him, nothing else, and their last engagement was hardly a stomp in the Count's favour.

Yeah, like I said, that is a vague comment that doesn't necessarily mean Savage vs Dooku is a great fight. Let's all move on.

Nephthys
I'm just saying, Savage is a physical tank. And he obviously didn't know how to defend against lightning at all so it's not like his power was at all relevant.

NewGuy01
Then list the experiences that allowed him to learn how to properly defend against lightning, and master it enough to fully teach another. One of those reasons was irrelevant since its a deleted scene that wasn't even properly animated, I don't recall any useful experiences Maul has so like I said, enlighten me.

Are you implying that Maul studied under the most powerful Sith Lord in history for nearly twenty years and lacks fairly basic knowledge?

The fact that the scene was even in the woodworks suggests that at the very least the directors thought that Savage had grown enough under Maul to defend against FL.

Nephthys
Maul didn't block whats her names lightning. Also he can't perform lightning, so he actually does lack some fairly basic knowledge.

Not that I think he can't block it.

Sinious
Maul didn't block whats her names lightning. Also he can't perform lightning, so he actually does lack some fairly basic knowledge.

Not that I think he can't block it. Pretty much my stand on this.

My point was that sometimes looking at just feats can lead to ridiculous conclusions, and looking at just feats one can say that Maul doesn't know how to properly defend against lightning, just as he doesn't know how to cast one himself.

Also, new guy, they decided to have them defend against lightning, and then they decided to delete the scene without even animating it properly. It tells me that I shouldn't take anything in that scene seriously tbh.

Beniboybling
If we take Maul and Savage deflecting Palpatine's lightning seriously, we should take Maul Force gripping Palpatine seriously. Just sayin.

Beniboybling
Yeah, like I said, that is a vague comment that doesn't necessarily mean Savage vs Dooku is a great fight. Let's all move on. He'd more than hold his own. But whatever, Savage already proved himself a sufficient threat to Dooku in Witches of the Mist.

Nephthys
If we take Maul and Savage deflecting Palpatine's lightning seriously, we should take Maul Force gripping Palpatine seriously. Just sayin.

thumb up

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by ILS
Uh, were we watching the same fight? Savage had Dooku cornered early on without Ventress' assistance and was only held off by Dooku's lightning from there on out. From there it was stated in the Fact File that the combined might of Ventress and Dooku was needed to fend Savage off.

In more plain terms; they ran away from him.

I think that is actually contradicted with while in that fight he had Savage down with the force, and if ventress weren't there he could have just sat there and killed him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.