Darth Vader (TFU) vs. Darth Vader (Canon)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
Who wins? Battle takes place on Hypori.

cs_zoltan
TFU

Syndicate
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
TFU

FreshestSlice
The one that lost to Marek? Canon Vader rapes.

Syndicate
The one that wasn't immediately overwhelmed by Marek you mean.

FreshestSlice
No, I mean the one that got his ass kicked by someone who struggled with a Shadow Guard a week prior. The one that struggles with pre-ESB Luke on several occasions and is afraid of him. That Vader. the one that tripped on his own arm.

Syndicate
You mean overwhelmed a Shadow Guard with his lightning. Also that's a high showing for the Shadow Guard considering Galen was able to power an ore cannon that blasted through a Star Destroyer with said lightning.

When did TFU Vader meet Luke? Unless you're talking about Galen in the non canon dark side ending.

When did Vader trip on his own arm in TFU? Unless you're equating TFU Vader with Legends Vader up to the point of TFU.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Syndicate
You mean overwhelmed a Shadow Guard with his lightning. Also that's a high showing for the Shadow Guard considering Galen was able to power an ore cannon that blasted through a Star Destroyer with said lightning.

No, I mean got the shit TK'd out of him by a magnaguard. And randoms don't have high showings kek, epseically if it's the only showing they'll ever have.

Luke faces Vader quite a few times after TFU, so unless Vader deteriorates, which is unlikely, I doubt TFU Vader would far much better.

This may shock you, but that's exactly what that means. But as this was after TFU is that much more embarrassing. The title of the thread doesn't mean, "Vader as he is shown in TFU," but, "Vader as powerful as he was up until the time period of TFU."

Syndicate
Magnaguards don't have TK friend. Also this random apparently does thus proving you wrong.

But then canon Vader has the same exact showings against Luke as the OT is still apart of Disney canon meaning the argument is moot.

Can you provide the scan or quote for said feat? I'm pretty sure by your lack of expansion it's a low showing that wouldn't apply.

FreshestSlice
I meant Shadowguard, and you know it so moving on.

Luke is far more impressive, and Canon Vader has stomped pre-ESB Luke on every occasion they've met in canon.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-Q-CXXCMAAzksB.jpg

Syndicate
Not so fast. I'd like your source for where this shadow guard landed TK on Galen.

Luke is far more impressive then who? Luke? Or are you referring to the EU fights between Vader and Luke vs the canon fights between Vader and Luke.

Where's that from? I have a hard time believing it's from any sort of valid source. Regardless it wouldn't have any bearing on the fight as you well know.

FreshestSlice
Very end of Nar Shaddaa. Right in the game.

Luke is more impressive than his Legends counterpart. They aren't the same person. I am not sure why you don't understand this. Stop acting thickheaded to be thickheaded.

It's completely valid. Splinter of the Mind's Eye.

Syndicate
You know only the novel is canon correct? There are multiple versions of the game that contradict each other.

Rich coming from a guy trying to claim Vader tripping over his own arm in Legends would be applicable in an actual fight. They both share the OT trilogy feats which is where I'm getting confused. Again are you referring to canon Vader's showing against canon Luke vs Legend Vaders showings against Legends Luke?

The feat is obviously an outlier likely due to bad writing. Vader has precognition, he wouldn't be slipping on his own arm.

FreshestSlice
You know only the novel is canon correct? There are multiple versions of the game that contradict each other.

That's actually not correct, the novel and the game are both the same level of canonicity, and as I recall, it happens in the novel as well.

You do know this was actually during a fight right? What kind of nonsense is this?

Wrong. Because Canon Luke actually has showing pre-ESB, where as Legends Luke pre-ESB basically fights Vader and gets lucky enough to run away until ESB. The fact that the movies exist isn't even the point here. I'm not going to go through every feat pre-ESB Luke has in two continuities. that's ridiculous.

Yeah, you don't get to just disregard feats because "they're outliers and don't matter" especially when Vader's got a pretty consistent track record of barely being able to deal with fodder by this point.

Syndicate
How is that possible when the different game versions contradict eachother? Would like the quote for that. Even if it exists again it's simply a good feat for said Shadowguard.

Probably the same kind as you attempting to use the scan to insinuate that TFU Vader would trip in a battle against Canon Vader. -_-

What's wrong? I didn't say you'd need to. I'm just not understanding what you're attempting to prove here.

You know what? I'll take this one on the nose and say I can. Vader tripping over his own arm is stupid and arguing a similar thing would happen in a fight that we made up on a versus forum is idiotic in my opinion. Think what you want that's how I feel about it.

Syndicate
Going to bed so don't wait up.

Zenwolf
Nah the Shadow Guard didn't directly TK Galen, however he did throw things during dueling in his blindspots.

Most of the Shadow Guards showings, is more martial ability than Force related. Though they are decent Force Users too, but their martial ability is more pronounced which is a given.

FreshestSlice
Him contending with anybody as wanked as Marek is pretty dumb tbh, but it only goes on to prove the point.
How is that possible when the different game versions contradict eachother?
Because that's how C-canon works? Novels don't override anything, kek.

When did I say Vader would trip over his own arm? the point is, Vader in Legends consistently underperforms. It's become a gag.

You keep saying, "Source, source, source<" to the most basic information like canon policy, and as fun as this is, it's annoying.

That's great. You still can't disregard material and "low-showings" because it doesn't agree with your world view.

Jmanghan
Canon Vader destroys him based on feats.

Either that, or Galen Marek is legitimately better then him, and thats impossible.

Zenwolf
Why is it dumb Fresh? It's not like there aren't others in similar capacity that give fits to Force Users, Droidsekas and Magnaguards come to mind. So why would a Shadow Guard be any different in this capacity?

Plus it was hardly any length of a fight between both Shadow Guards that he fought, they were brief really, nothing really extensive.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Why is it dumb Fresh? It's not like there aren't others in similar capacity that give fits to Force Users, Droidsekas and Magnaguards come to mind. So why would a Shadow Guard be any different in this capacity?

You mean the things Ahsoka is taking down in multiple as a Padawan?

Duels never last long, so...

Syndicate
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Him contending with anybody as wanked as Marek is pretty dumb tbh, but it only goes on to prove the point.

Because that's how C-canon works? Novels don't override anything, kek.

When did I say Vader would trip over his own arm? the point is, Vader in Legends consistently underperforms. It's become a gag.

You keep saying, "Source, source, source<" to the most basic information like canon policy, and as fun as this is, it's annoying.

That's great. You still can't disregard material and "low-showings" because it doesn't agree with your world view.

And what IS your point?

There is not C canon, G canon or whatever type of canon anymore. There's only Disney Canon and Legends. If Legends contradict each other they're disregarded.

Then why have I never seen that argued in any thread with Legends Vader on this forum? Maybe because you don't take stupid incidents that don't make sense in context at face value.

Because you're making claims like a Shadow Guard directly TK'ing Galen or Vader tripping over his own arm. I'm sorry that I hadn't read those sources but I think anybody would be skeptical about said claims.

I can and I will. If it's obviously bad writing and the shoing doesn't make sense in context I have no problem doing so and I doubt the majority would fault me for doing so.

Syndicate
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Canon Vader destroys him based on feats.

Either that, or Galen Marek is legitimately better then him, and thats impossible.

Why?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.