Fantastic Four (2005) vs Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Interneton
Thing
Invisible Woman
Mr. Fantastic
Human Torch

Vs

Thor
Iron Man
Hulk
Vision

Who wins?

Arachnid1
Thor is the only one on team marvel who can survive a super nova based on durability feats. Despite that, there is no way Johnny will survive long enough to get one going. Thor could probably solo this with a few quick lightning blasts.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Thor is the only one on team marvel who can survive a super nova based on durability feats. Despite that, there is no way Johnny will survive long enough to get one going. Thor could probably solo this with a few quick lightning blasts.

Vision is made of a vibranium/organic mix and can simply phase. And while Hulk does not have the same top end durability showings as Thor, I'd put them as peers in ths area at least.

Iron Man melts, tho. His heat durability was sh!t.

Inhuman

Vision is made of Vibranium. He should survive it just fine.

Hulk would be messed up but maybe heal and get madder.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Vision is made of a vibranium/organic mix and can simply phase. And while Hulk does not have the same top end durability showings as Thor, I'd put them as peers in ths area at least.

Iron Man melts, tho. His heat durability was sh!t.

Eh, his IM3 heat durability was shit. But his Avengers armour withstood a sustained lightning strike from Thor and only sustained very minor, superficial heat damage. And lightning operates at far hotter temperatures than the Extremis guys did. And during IM2, Tony's armoured head gets driven into flames, with absolutely no harm whatsoever.

Besides, given Tony's arsenal, he could take Torch out before Johnny could build up to nova.

Inhuman
I really fuqing hate IM3. So stupid. thumb down

TheVaultDweller
If you watch it as a Tony/Rhodey buddy comedy, it becomes more enjoyable. laughing

Inhuman
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
If you watch it as a Tony/Rhodey buddy comedy, it becomes more enjoyable. laughing

As a Tony Stark adventure movie I guess its decent but as an Ironman movie its shitty.
His suits would fall apart if the bad guys would breath on them too hard.
The Extremis bad guys are fire breathing tards.
I could go on and on erm

Nibedicus
Eh, his IM3 heat durability was shit. But his Avengers armour withstood a sustained lightning strike from Thor and only sustained very minor, superficial heat damage. And lightning operates at far hotter temperatures than the Extremis guys did. And during IM2, Tony's armoured head gets driven into flames, with absolutely no harm whatsoever.

Besides, given Tony's arsenal, he could take Torch out before Johnny could build up to nova.

But that's what actually made it worse. His durability fell face first during IM3 and they were supposed to be upgrades. Getting torn apart cuz of Extremis heat is just stupid.

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, and Tony was pretty shit in that movie TBH. Hell, when Mandarin actually attacks his home, half the systems on the suit he puts on doesn't even work properly. He had to literally toss missiles at his enemies, because they wouldn't fire.

TheVaultDweller
But that's what actually made it worse. His durability fell face first during IM3 and they were supposed to be upgrades. Getting torn apart cuz of Extremis heat is just stupid.

Well, you have to remember the context. He was suffering from insomnia and PTSD, and the vast majority of the suits were untested prototypes. See above post about how half the things on the latest prototype didn't even function properly. I mean also consider he made like 5 suits in his first couple of years of active service, yet in the space of months shit out 30+ suits, while in that mental state. It's safe to assume all those suits were subpar.

Nibedicus
Yeah, and Tony was pretty shit in that movie TBH. Hell, when Mandarin actually attacks his home, half the systems on the suit he puts on doesn't even work properly. He had to literally toss missiles at his enemies, because they wouldn't fire.

And that part was silly, too. -_- but I digress. Let's just all agree that whoever was writing for IM3 must have been high af.

Inhuman
The suits were comic relief in that movie.
Like slipping on banana peels and falling apart.
The final battle i swore I seen a few suit crash into each other and blow up lol.

TheVaultDweller
And that part was silly, too. -_- but I digress. Let's just all agree that whoever was writing for IM3 must have been high af.

Well, as established, that film was pretty damn stupid, with loads of PIS/CIS and idiotic moments. So yeah, whoever wrote that script needs a firm face-slapping.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Inhuman
The suits were comic relief in that movie.
Like slipping on banana peels and falling apart.
The final battle i swore I seen a few suit crash into each other and blow up lol.

Well, Tony calls what I think was his Mark 2 suit (the one that in IM 1 withstood tank shells etc) and it literally just falls to pieces as it lands. Seriously, they made Tony's suits an enormous joke in that film.

Arachnid1
Do you guys think Torchs super nova attack is really supposed to be as hot as an actual super nova? A SN is supposed to approach a hundred thousand times the heat of our sun which makes you wonder whether Torch actually approaches those numbers or if its just a fancy name. Then again, if I remember correctly, Reed started that an uncontained supernova attack would catch the atmosphere on fire and wipe out all life on the planet so maybe it's legit. Its something worth looking into

Interneton
How well would Thing do against Hulk? Would Reed be able to restrain him at all?

TheVaultDweller
Do you guys think Torchs super nova attack is really supposed to be as hot as an actual super nova? A SN is supposed to approach a hundred thousand times the heat of our sun which makes you wonder whether Torch actually approaches those numbers or if its just a fancy name. Then again, if I remember correctly, Reed started that an uncontained supernova attack would catch the atmosphere on fire and wipe out all life on the planet so maybe it's legit. Its something worth looking into

Based on what we see, he never reaches anywhere near legit supernova temperatures. Supernovas are about a 100 billion degrees Kelvin. Hottest we see Torch go, before Reed extinguishes him in that testing chamber, was just under 4000 Kelvin (we see it on the one screen Reed is viewing), thought he did state he could still go somewhat hotter. But I am thinking his top end is closer to sun surface temperatures (5,778 Kelvin) than actual supernova temperatures.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.