1 lightsaber vs 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Demenos
If you are good both which style would be the deadlier to fight with, 1 lightsaber or 2 lightsabers?

NewGuy01
Lol, in canon the answer is seemingly always 2.

Beniboybling
Nah, wielding too lightsabers simply lends itself to a ferocious and fast-paced attack style. But naturally comes at the cost of increased energy expenditure and your defensive capabilities.

So its entirely dependent on your form, abilities, and the situation.

FreshestSlice
When you wield the power of the Dark Side, one saber is all you need...

NewGuy01
Kenobi - Gets gud after taking up 2 sabers
Maul - Gets gud after taking up 2 sabers
Kanan - Gets gud after taking up 2 sabers

etc.

Nephthys
1 imo. 2 sabers always struck me as too unwieldy and awkward unless one was a shoto.

Col. Valerian
Not sure. I'm personally a fan of wielding two.

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Nah, wielding too lightsabers simply lends itself to a ferocious and fast-paced attack style. But naturally comes at the cost of increased energy expenditure and your defensive capabilities.

So its entirely dependent on your form, abilities, and the situation.

Syndicate
2. If you're a master and the situation calls for it you can simply switch back to 1.

Darth Abonis
1 is best

NewGuy01
1 is practically the best, but in canon getting 2 sabers is like going Super Saiyan. In legends it made a bit more sense.

juyomaster34
2 Sabers.
I'm sharing part of my answer with BeniboyBling's answer,
I don't agree with the defense part.

I'm Quoting a book I read called Mind Sword,
San-Shin: The Sword With Three Minds
Two swords(two ploys) that,when used in concert create a third unseen possibility.
A+B= a never before seen C

Three Minds
He could use it for parry and blocking,
He could use it for cutting and stabbing
He could use it for an unorthodox manner,as he did,by
throwing it like a spear,impaling his opponent,openning the way for his coupe de grace.

I also agree with Snydicate's answer.
If the situation calls for 2.
You have to be unpredictable with 2,do something never done before. unorthodox.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Lol, in canon the answer is seemingly always 2.

Anakin used 2 against Dooku and got trounced.

Kenobi - Gets gud after taking up 2 sabers
Maul - Gets gud after taking up 2 sabers
Kanan - Gets gud after taking up 2 sabers

etc.

One of the main reasons why I think those cartoons are dumb and should not be considered canon. I HATE that trope.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Anakin used 2 against Dooku and got trounced.

That's a matter of general inferiority, though,

Regardless, pretending that non-canon materials preside over canon ones hardly makes for a credible argument in any case.

Emperordmb
That trope also pops up in the Return trailer with Malgus and Kao.

Trocity
Originally posted by juyomaster34
2 Sabers.

Two swords(two ploys) that,when used in concert create a third unseen possibility.

Three Minds
throwing it like a spear,impaling his opponent,openning the way for his coupe de grace.

Shoulda busted out a poem on the matter tbh

chilled monkey
Regardless, pretending that non-canon materials preside over canon ones hardly makes for a credible argument in any case.

I don't care what's "official canon." To me the quality of the material means more than the empty words of some suit that only cares about money.

Originally posted by Emperordmb
That trope also pops up in the Return trailer with Malgus and Kao.

True. That's why it's my most disliked trailer.

FreshestSlice
Kek, most of the EU was made by suits who only cared about money. That's basically how every business works.

Q99
In SW stuff, two wins so much it's a wonder everyone doesn't use it. Pick up a second, do better! Happens *so often*. You never see someone grab two, then have the reduction in power and control from only having one hand on a blade cost them,

In real life, of course, the answer is not so easy and I'd generally go for one. This is speaking as someone who has trained with both single and double swords. I'd use two if a foe is unused to them, but it's not as great fiction tends to assume.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Kek, most of the EU was made by suits who only cared about money. That's basically how every business works.

True, but here's the difference. Most of the EU was written by people who knew the best way to make money in that line of work was to write novels, comics etc. that told great stories.

Most Star Wars "canon" by contrast is written to make money not through telling great stories, but by selling merchandise.

Originally posted by Q99
In SW stuff, two wins so much it's a wonder everyone doesn't use it. Pick up a second, do better! Happens *so often*. You never see someone grab two, then have the reduction in power and control from only having one hand on a blade cost them,

In real life, of course, the answer is not so easy and I'd generally go for one. This is speaking as someone who has trained with both single and double swords. I'd use two if a foe is unused to them, but it's not as great fiction tends to assume.

Precisely. Thank you.

NewGuy01
I don't care what's "official canon." To me the quality of the material means more than the empty words of some suit that only cares about money.

Whether or not you like it doesn't make you any less wrong.

Q99
Originally posted by juyomaster34
2 Sabers.

Three Minds

The truth of the matter is that a lot of the power of swordwork comes from your torso (or general body movement, but passing through the torso), and you only have one torso. Pure-arm movements are weaker and slower. Plus, mind-wide, you only have one focus. So, it's not quite as easy to do more unorthodox things because you have a second sword as you may think, what one sword is doing is somewhat linked to what the other sword is doing.

If you're putting a lot into one sword attack, then you can't put much into the other. Sword attacks that put power into both are limited mechanically to a few options- like slashing them both in the same direction, or scissoring them. A lot of the time, you'll be hitting with one while you're just moving the other for momentum or in a just-in-case position.

NewGuy01
In reality, one sword is generally the way to go. But in Star Wars it magically seems to give you a one-up.

chilled monkey
Whether or not you like it doesn't make you any less wrong.

Yeah sure, I'm "wrong" because I have my own opinion. The will of the Mouse is supreme! That's sarcasm in case you can't tell.

I'd rather be "wrong" than be a brainless drone that obeys their corporate overlords without a thought.

In reality, one sword is generally the way to go.

Glad we agree on something.

But in Star Wars it magically seems to give you a one-up.

Again, I really hate that.

Originally posted by Q99
The truth of the matter is that a lot of the power of swordwork comes from your torso (or general body movement, but passing through the torso), and you only have one torso. Pure-arm movements are weaker and slower. Plus, mind-wide, you only have one focus. So, it's not quite as easy to do more unorthodox things because you have a second sword as you may think, what one sword is doing is somewhat linked to what the other sword is doing.

If you're putting a lot into one sword attack, then you can't put much into the other. Sword attacks that put power into both are limited mechanically to a few options- like slashing them both in the same direction, or scissoring them. A lot of the time, you'll be hitting with one while you're just moving the other for momentum or in a just-in-case position.

Again, thank you.

NewGuy01
Yeah sure, I'm "wrong" because I have my own opinion. The will of the Mouse is supreme! That's sarcasm in case you can't tell.

It shouldn't be. They own the franchise, what they say goes. You're just behind the times.

chilled monkey
It shouldn't be. They own the franchise, what they say goes. You're just behind the times.

No I just think for myself. I know that's hard for a drone to understand.

NewGuy01
Which is about as valid of an argument as me making shit up and labeling it thusly. Having an opinion and being in denial are two very different things.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Which is about as valid of an argument as me making shit up and labeling it thusly. Having an opinion and being in denial are two very different things.

juyomaster34
Originally posted by Q99

True,but is it the focus of a warrior or the focus of a pacifist?
Musashi proved two is better than one. My opinions come from two sources,
Mind Sword and The Book of Five Rings.

You have to think unorthodox and be unpredictable.
true one sword attacks or both while the other defends or both.
The power you spoke of can be gained from strength training.
The unseen C is up to you whether you throw your sword or mix some style of martial arts
in your sword work like Savate' for example.

I agree,but sometimes you have to think outside the box.

Sinious
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
When you wield the power of the Dark Side, one saber is all you need... When you wield the power of the Valkorion side, you don't need a saber smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.