North Korea missing a sub

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time-Immemorial
http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/11/politics/u-s-says-north-korean-submarine-missing/

Robtard
"North Korea on Sunday warned it would make a "pre-emptive and offensive nuclear strike" in response to the joint exercises." -snip

But yeah, let's keep freaking out about Iran thumb up

Time-Immemorial
Clearly I am not only freaking out about Iran when I am always the one to post the north korea news first here, again, nice try in painting the wrong picture.

Robtard
That wasn't directed at you, it was in the general sense of people freaking out about Iran. Like say how Cruz freaks out about Iran in every debate.

Power down your phaser banks, lower your shields, you need to not take everything as a personal attack.

AsbestosFlaygon
I guess whoever took it just has to give it back.

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
"North Korea on Sunday warned it would make a "pre-emptive and offensive nuclear strike" in response to the joint exercises." -snip

But yeah, let's keep freaking out about Iran thumb up

Or maybe we act like the complex beings we are and worry about more then one issue at once?

jaden101
Normally I'd laugh by my country crashed one of their nuclear subs into an island and another nuclear sub.

Time-Immemorial
laughing out loud

Q99
Frankly, Iran is not 1/10th as scary as North Korea. Iran's willing to negotiate, trades with others, and doesn't act randomly. They just literally agreed to a deal to not make weapons and people are acting like their deal to not make nuclear weapons is a sign they're going to make nuclear weapons. North Korea is more erratic and isolated, they'll sometimes do stuff like shell an island unprovoked, they don't really have trade partners who can put on much pressure, and it's very hard to predict what they do.

As for the sub, I wouldn't be surprised if it sank. Ideal scenario would be it's damaged and US or SK rescue it, promoting them to cool their heads, but odds are it's just down.

Surtur
On the other hand North Korea might seem scarier, but they also seem much more inept then Iran as well.

Lucius
Alright, I confess.

I stole it. I just really wanted a submarine, and I was in the area.

In all seriousness, these kinds of problems are normal for NK. Most of their military hardware is old, like 1960s old. Replacement parts are hard to come by, and they have a shortage of experts capable of making repairs.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.