Pensions: do some people get too much?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Surtur
I was listening to the radio while driving, as I often do, and this guy was on there talking about pensions. One specific thing was he was talking about a college professor whose pension was like 500 grand.

This just struck me as odd because I don't think even the best teacher in the world is worth that much money. It just seems like a ludicrous amount to give anyone. They also talked about some government employee's who had pensions ranging from 200 grand to 400 grand. Once again I find those figures way too high.

Then it just makes me wonder how many other people out there are getting way more then they deserve? How much money have we wasted on these that could of gone towards something better?

Or am I off base here and this isn't that much of an issue? I was just amazed some people are getting pensions of a quarter of a million dollars or more. In a few years they are being given more money from their pensions then most of us will make in our entire lives.

Raisen
Calpers was draining the California economy. Minimum 90% retirement

Van Hohenheim
Old people get too much money, until you become an old person yourself, then you won't get enough money.

You shouldn't listen to everything the radio says. And I'm okay with old people getting enough to live and to enjoy the little life they have left. If you look at the US budget, you'll notice what is really taking most of your tax dollar; so the money that does go to old people is not really a big issue, for me at least.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.