Sidious and Dooku vs Talzin, Maul and Savage

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

McP
- Mandalore's Palace (the same place were Maul and Savage fought Sidious)
- ROTS versions of Sidious and Dooku
- TCW S5 Savage (with assumption that he's able to block lightning the same way, it was shown in longer version of his and Maul duel with Sidious)
- SoD Maul
- SoD Talzin (let's assume that she's amped)

All-out

Kurk
If Sidious can pick off Savage quickly before engaging with Talzin then I see team Sith winning.

Otherwise, Maul and Savage are too much for Dooku

Tondemonai
^^

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by Kurk
If Sidious can pick off Savage quickly before engaging with Talzin then I see team Sith winning.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Kurk

^This^

Syndicate
Depends on if Talzin engages with Sidious immediately.

Decay
Dooku and Sidious.

Its been shown many times that two duelists against one doesnt necessarily mean that they gain an overwhelming advantage. In ep 1 Maul fought Obi Wan and Qui Gon with reasonable effectiveness where as head to head Obi Wan put up a much more impressive fight on his own, though ultimately lost saber to saber. Similarly in ep 3 Dooku held off both Anakin and Kenobi for a while before taking out Kenobi and then losing one on one to Anakin. Even the Maul brothers went through this with Kenobi beating the pair in a close quarters duel despite both of them giving him trouble as individuals, and Savage alone pressuring the team of Obi Wan and Anakin

I think Dooku is far enough ahead in his application of the force and has the saber skill and tactical mind to hold the Maul brothers at bay for a while. He would have to fight defensively but he has the footwork to avoid a lot of Savages heavier attacks and blade control to contend with Mauls speed directly, throw in some force lighting and tk and he should be able to stay alive at the very least for some time. He may even be able to pick off one of them before going head to head with the other. Hed be too fatigued by this point to score a second victory but I imagine Sidious would have either killed Talzin or been able to break away briefly to help him kill the last brother so they can finish Talzin together.

Its certainly not a sure thing but Dooku and Sidious should win more often than not.

Col. Valerian
Dooku and Sidious. Maul and Savage are practically non-factors here, Sidious would take them out while Dooku engages Talzin.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Col. Valerian
Dooku and Sidious. Maul and Savage are practically non-factors here, Sidious would take them out while Dooku engages Talzin.
I'm sorry but while Dooku is clearly better than Maul, it certainly isn't to the extent to which Dooku would be legitimate help while Maul alongside Savage is a nonfactor.

I mean shit, if Talzin is nearing Sidious level, there's no reason Dooku could contend with her any more than Maul and Savage (who combined are definitely greater than Dooku) could contend with Sidious, especially since Sidious choked Dooku from across the galaxy and Dooku has been completely helpless against Talzin's power every time she used it against him.

If Maul and Savage combined are non factors, so is Dooku.

Syndicate
Oh... You think Sidious could legitimately choke Dooku from across the galaxy in a battle scenario Emp?

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Syndicate
Oh... You think Sidious could legitimately choke Dooku from across the galaxy in a battle scenario Emp?
Probably not, but the point is if Sidious can maintain a telekinetic hold over Dooku from across the galaxy with his Force powers, Dooku isn't noticeably less his telekinetic ***** than Maul and Savage are.

Col. Valerian
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I'm sorry but while Dooku is clearly better than Maul, it certainly isn't to the extent to which Dooku would be legitimate help while Maul alongside Savage is a nonfactor.

I mean shit, if Talzin is nearing Sidious level, there's no reason Dooku could contend with her any more than Maul and Savage (who combined are definitely greater than Dooku) could contend with Sidious, especially since Sidious choked Dooku from across the galaxy and Dooku has been completely helpless against Talzin's power every time she used it against him.

If Maul and Savage combined are non factors, so is Dooku.

In a battle scenario involving lightsabers and everyone being combat-ready, I think Dooku would last more against Talzin than Maul and Savage against a Sidious who is determined to finish them off so he can focus on Talzin.

Emperordmb
And Talzin wouldn't be determined to finish Dooku off so she could focus on Sidious? She had no problem draining and possessing Dooku when she wanted to. Why would Dooku be able to last more than a few seconds against her power?

Col. Valerian
And Talzin wouldn't be determined to finish Dooku off so she could focus on Sidious? She had no problem draining and possessing Dooku when she wanted to. Why would Dooku be able to last more than a few seconds against her power?

Of course she would, just as Sidious, but I dunno, imo Dooku can hold his own against Talzin better than the pair against Sidious. I understand why you wouldn't think so. But either way, if Talzin finishes of Dooku fast, so will Sidious against the pair. So, then it would be Sids vs. Talzin, and Sids would win anyway.

Emperordmb
Yeah but in that case, Dooku wouldn't be any more of a factor than Maul and Savage.

Then there's the alternate scenario where Sidious takes on Talzin, Maul and Savage beat Dooku, then Maul and Savage aid Talzin.

ILS
I'm sorry but while Dooku is clearly better than Maul lol

Emperordmb
So I get loled at but the guy who says Maul and Savage are non-factors but Dooku can hold off Talzin gets ignored? Seems legit.

Col. Valerian
Yeah but in that case, Dooku wouldn't be any more of a factor than Maul and Savage.

Then there's the alternate scenario where Sidious takes on Talzin, Maul and Savage beat Dooku, then Maul and Savage aid Talzin.

If Sidious is smart and more combat-efficient than the rest of them (which he is), he's going to go for the smart move, which is Dooku vs. Talzin and him vs. the brothers. He would most likely figure that in the time Talzin beats Dooku, he'll beat the brothers. Maybe faster.

On another scenario, an overconfident Sidious would go against Talzin and leave the Bros to Dooku, in which case I don't know what would happen tbh.

So I get loled at but the guy who says Maul and Savage are non-factors but Dooku can hold off Talzin gets ignored? Seems legit.

No need to make it personal, bro.

Emperordmb
No need to make it personal, bro.
I'm not. It seems like ILS is by specifically loling at me when your position should be far more egregious in his eyes.

Not insulting you, you actually seem like a smart guy, I'm just confused as to why I'm the one being laughed at when my position is closer to ILS's own.

ILS
So I get loled at but the guy who says Maul and Savage are non-factors but Dooku can hold off Talzin gets ignored? Seems legit. If I ignore something altogether it's usually because it's reached new levels of stupidity that aren't even worth addressing, even with just a simple "lol".

Col. Valerian
I'm not. It seems like ILS is by specifically loling at me when your position should be far more egregious in his eyes.

Not insulting you, you actually seem like a smart guy, I'm just confused as to why I'm the one being laughed at when my position is closer to ILS's own.

Fair enough.

You said Dooku was better than Maul doe, so ILS happens. There ya go.

NewGuy01
DMB's a sensitive guy. There's no need to continue derailing the thread on this point, Col.

ILS
Fair enough.

You said Dooku was better than Maul doe, so ILS happens. There ya go. Just like DMB happens when one claims Dooku is better than Bane. Being the leading expert in a character/era isn't really a bad thing, amigo. Shitposting heretic nonsense like Dooku > Maul + Savage is.

NewGuy01
Are you implying that DMB is the leading expert on Bane?

Col. Valerian
Originally posted by ILS
Just like DMB happens when one claims Dooku is better than Bane. Being the leading expert in a character/era isn't really a bad thing, amigo. Shitposting heretic nonsense like Dooku > Maul + Savage is.

Lawlz @ heretic nonsense. Yes, Dooku probably wouldn't fare well in that particular duel.

And NewG, I'd rather he be sensitive than a Nebaris 2.0 or an even more shameless version of carthage.

NewGuy01
I'm not an old man, I don't know who Nebaris is.

EmperorSidious2

Wasn't that a ritual though, where talzin had the advantage?

Col. Valerian
Originally posted by NewGuy01
I'm not an old man, I don't know who Nebaris is.

omg.

I really am old here.

ILS
She was actually at her weakest at that point.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Are you implying that DMB is the leading expert on Bane?
Are there any other challengers?

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Decay
Dooku and Sidious.

Its been shown many times that two duelists against one doesnt necessarily mean that they gain an overwhelming advantage. In ep 1 Maul fought Obi Wan and Qui Gon with reasonable effectiveness where as head to head Obi Wan put up a much more impressive fight on his own, though ultimately lost saber to saber. Similarly in ep 3 Dooku held off both Anakin and Kenobi for a while before taking out Kenobi and then losing one on one to Anakin. Even the Maul brothers went through this with Kenobi beating the pair in a close quarters duel despite both of them giving him trouble as individuals, and Savage alone pressuring the team of Obi Wan and Anakin

I think Dooku is far enough ahead in his application of the force and has the saber skill and tactical mind to hold the Maul brothers at bay for a while. He would have to fight defensively but he has the footwork to avoid a lot of Savages heavier attacks and blade control to contend with Mauls speed directly, throw in some force lighting and tk and he should be able to stay alive at the very least for some time. He may even be able to pick off one of them before going head to head with the other. Hed be too fatigued by this point to score a second victory but I imagine Sidious would have either killed Talzin or been able to break away briefly to help him kill the last brother so they can finish Talzin together.

Its certainly not a sure thing but Dooku and Sidious should win more often than not. thumb up

Col. Valerian
Originally posted by Decay
Dooku and Sidious.

Its certainly not a sure thing but Dooku and Sidious should win more often than not.

thumb up

Lord Stark
Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
Wasn't that a ritual though, where talzin had the advantage?

Not only was it a ritual, but it was a ritual on her own personal Force Nexus. If she could have possessed Dooku at anytime she would have.

Syndicate
I'll go Sidious and Dooku here.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.