Superman wins all Vs fights that involve heralds

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TethAdamTheRock
He is solidly the most powerful herald.

Unless there is some sort of stipulation superman wins.

We can end all the debates of Superman Vs ( Character in Herald tier) He wins

I'm not being sarcastic, he wins every Herald fight. Stop making them.

burrrrrr
taz

Stoic
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock

Your opinion of things is completely off. If you took away PIS which is what happens in forum battles there are several Herald level characters and even ones in the high Meta class that could in fact destroy Superman. Power-set doesn't always mean a win, but when you have the power to shut down powers, become a living vulnerability to Superman, or simply have the ability to stun him long enough to phase him into other realms, or phase into his body and pull out his heart, brain, lungs, you will find that there are quite a few that Superman would not defeat.

One_Angry_Scot

False.

He gets absolutely destroyed by Dracula.

One Big Mob
Someone is angry and he created avatars to voice it.

Like if Darkseid was lobbying for Superman on the internet.

SquallX
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
False.

I honestly don't see Dracula beating a non pis/cis Superman.

Familiars are useless, Mist form is useless. Pre/Post/New 52, all those have been able to hurt intangible beings.

krisblaze
I don't see how Superman wins vs Dracula with two adamantium katana.

leonidas
closing....

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by SquallX
I honestly don't see Dracula beating a non pis/cis Superman.

Familiars are useless, Mist form is useless. Pre/Post/New 52, all those have been able to hurt intangible beings.

If he has his Dual Adamantium Katanas and his army of wolves, undead wolves, bats, undead bats, werewolves, undead werewolves and other creatures of the night it will be a victory for Dracula.

Surtur
Originally posted by krisblaze

So do those swords grant Dracula a high level of super speed or something?

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by Surtur
So do those swords grant Dracula a high level of super speed or something?

He doesn't need them really but it just makes the fight more of a sight to watch since Dracula will be using his expert swordfighting knowledge to turn Superman into something resembling a Doner Kebab.

Surtur
He doesn't need them really but it just makes the fight more of a sight to watch since Dracula will be using his expert swordfighting knowledge to turn Superman into something resembling a Doner Kebab.

Does his expert sword fighting knowledge somehow boost his speed to they point he can land a hit on a vastly faster opponent?

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by Surtur
Does his expert sword fighting knowledge somehow boost his speed to they point he can land a hit on a vastly faster opponent?

Although his speed is beyond our comprehension Dracula doesn't need the swords at all to beat Superman, he would just use them to make the fight more fun.

SquallX
If he has his Dual Adamantium Katanas and his army of wolves, undead wolves, bats, undead bats, werewolves, undead werewolves and other creatures of the night it will be a victory for Dracula.

All these are useless against a non pis/cis Clark.

One blast of Heat Vision would killed all of those familiars. A mere shockwave would kill all of them too.

Unless Dracula gets a boost that pits him far ahead of Clark, he dies pretty easily.

TethAdamTheRock
Originally posted by Stoic
Your opinion of things is completely off. If you took away PIS which is what happens in forum battles there are several Herald level characters and even ones in the high Meta class that could in fact destroy Superman. Power-set doesn't always mean a win, but when you have the power to shut down powers, become a living vulnerability to Superman, or simply have the ability to stun him long enough to phase him into other realms, or phase into his body and pull out his heart, brain, lungs, you will find that there are quite a few that Superman would not defeat. I wasn't trying to be rude by the post though

One_Angry_Scot

One blast of Heat Vision would killed all of those familiars. A mere shockwave would kill all of them too.

Unless Dracula gets a boost that pits him far ahead of Clark, he dies pretty easily.

Nah I'm only having a laugh, it's a running joke about Dracula being crazy powerful.

TethAdamTheRock

Unless Dracula gets a boost that pits him far ahead of Clark, he dies pretty easily. Indeed

Stoic
Indeed

I didn't think that you were being rude, because neither was I. There is no such thing as a non CIS Superman on battle boards unless specifically stated, otherwise it would be us in his shoes vs the resistances of other characters that he faces. He doesn't operate like Zod. He has his own personality which we see in comics all of the time. OWAW Superman doesn't replace the Superman that people know in a typical showing just like HOTM Hulk doesn't replace a typical Hulk showing. On average he is hurt and isn't the invincible character that is portrayed on battle boards. As such, there are guys that can and would take him out.

TethAdamTheRock
Cool

SquallX
Nah I'm only having a laugh, it's a running joke about Dracula being crazy powerful.

I've heard that Marvel Drac has been able to hang with some top Heralds before, i just wasn't sure since i've never read one of his books. While the few scans of him i've seen never impressed me much.

Since you named him, i seriously thought he was crazy powerful and they were feats out there i wasn't aware off, so i was willing to debate against you.

deathslash
I've heard that Marvel Drac has been able to hang with some top Heralds before, i just wasn't sure since i've never read one of his books. While the few scans of him i've seen never impressed me much.

Since you named him, i seriously thought he was crazy powerful and they were feats out there i wasn't aware off, so i was willing to debate against you. well, he's at least as strong as colossus, has hypnotic powers, owned apocalypse before (via biting), has a fair level of knowledge regarding magic (on the level where he can fight classic doc strange), has owned the silver surfer before, briefly stalemated thor, and iirc he briefly fought nul in fear itself.

TheLordofMurder
False.

thumb up
thumb up
thumb up
thumb up
thumb up

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by krisblaze

thumb up

TheLordofMurder
Drac bites Lois...

Lois bites Supes wang...

Drac commands Supes to speed blitz punch himself in the face a billion times a second for a full hour...

Drac wins!

wink

laughing out loud

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by deathslash
well, he's at least as strong as colossus, has hypnotic powers, owned apocalypse before (via biting), has a fair level of knowledge regarding magic (on the level where he can fight classic doc strange), has owned the silver surfer before, briefly stalemated thor, and iirc he briefly fought nul in fear itself.

All true... thumb up

Sadly, Supes would beat Drac (and this is coming from a 100% Dracula fanboy)...

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by deathslash
and iirc he briefly fought nul in fear itself.

He didn't.

http://s388.photobucket.com/user/OneDumbG0/media/Hulk%20Fights%20A-E/HulkvsDracula16.jpg.html

deathslash
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
All true... thumb up

Sadly, Supes would beat Drac (and this is coming from a 100% Dracula fanboy)... thumb up his power set is one of the types that enable him to fight heralds, but still lose against most of them. On a bad day, he's probably high meta and on a good day, low herald.

StiltmanFTW
I corrected you. Again. On the same subject.

Say "thanks" and fellatio me now or there will be consequences.

deathslash
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I corrected you. Again. On the same subject.

Say "thanks" and fellatio me now or there will be consequences. naw. I got whores to do that for me. Hey carver, get in here and give the man what he deserves!

carver9
Lol...so wrong.

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

You reacted quite fast, carv. Lifeslash must be paying you well.

Now, unzip me and earn your income.

Pillow Biter
As a general rule, power set match ups and even explicit weakness exploitation tend to be much less relevant to fights than most battle boarders would like.
It's more about your ranking--Hulk should lose to a less powerful Telekinetic, but the writer will find a way for Hulk to win because he's ranked higher. Speed should win fights, but it rarely does. And so on.
And as you may have guessed, the hierarchy is heavily biased towards strength, durability, and raw destructive power over versatility.
There are exceptions, from time to time, but typically the rule holds. Aside from a writer occasionally just wanting to be more realistic than normal, the rule tends to get bent if someone with a weakness faces someone who can't but exploit it: Martian Manhunter versus Firelord, for example. Or Superman vs. Mr. Kryptonite.
Superman is pretty much ranked at the top-end of what we have decided to call our Herald Class, so it's true that by the typical rules of the game, very few if any Heralds are clearly advantaged over him. But there will be a lot of close fights where he could lose--he's just not disadvantaged.
What makes Superman hard to rate in fights is that special extra gear a lot of writers credit him with having. It often doesn't come into effect. He's lost to guys who he could smush if the writer was crediting him with being in that special gear. But it's hard to know when that Super Duper Man will show up, or not.

One Big Mob
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

You reacted quite fast, carv. Lifeslash must be paying you well.

Now, unzip me and earn your income. Come on Carve, be a man and suck that cock!

How can you call yourself a Hulk fan and pass up a cock in mouth opportunity like this? Hulk fans are getting soft nowadays, which is the opposite of Stilt's problem that he needs tending to immediately

erm

Stoic
Originally posted by Pillow Biter
As a general rule, power set match ups and even explicit weakness exploitation tend to be much less relevant to fights than most battle boarders would like.
It's more about your ranking--Hulk should lose to a less powerful Telekinetic, but the writer will find a way for Hulk to win because he's ranked higher. Speed should win fights, but it rarely does. And so on.
And as you may have guessed, the hierarchy is heavily biased towards strength, durability, and raw destructive power over versatility.
There are exceptions, from time to time, but typically the rule holds. Aside from a writer occasionally just wanting to be more realistic than normal, the rule tends to get bent if someone with a weakness faces someone who can't but exploit it: Martian Manhunter versus Firelord, for example. Or Superman vs. Mr. Kryptonite.
Superman is pretty much ranked at the top-end of what we have decided to call our Herald Class, so it's true that by the typical rules of the game, very few if any Heralds are clearly advantaged over him. But there will be a lot of close fights where he could lose--he's just not disadvantaged.
What makes Superman hard to rate in fights is that special extra gear a lot of writers credit him with having. It often doesn't come into effect. He's lost to guys who he could smush if the writer was crediting him with being in that special gear. But it's hard to know when that Super Duper Man will show up, or not.

I agree with the versatility part, but only to a certain extent. Some characters could be more versatile than others, but may lack either the power, skill, or overall smarts to defeat their less versatile opponent. There are even times that the more versatile character, simply doesn't have the time to pull out more esoteric techniques against the classic lumbering brute character that may be barreling towards them at mach 4, while only being 20 feet away. This is something that I've noticed about Thor/Hulk fights. Sometimes when people argue points they tend to forget that in a realistic fight, the combatants won't stop to allow the other character time to perform their super duper finishing move like they do in the DBZ cartoons.

the Darkone
Heralds in Superman can defeat him, they will have to earn like superman if he's fighting people in his weight class. Thor, Orion, Captain Marvel, Silver Surfer, Sentry, Majestic, Hyperion, GL etc can defeat superman the ones with the power and versatility have the better chance, but it depends on the writer if he's going to wank characters to make superman better then he already is.

TethAdamTheRock
Originally posted by the Darkone
Heralds in Superman can defeat him, they will have to earn like superman if he's fighting people in his weight class. Thor, Orion, Captain Marvel, Silver Surfer, Sentry, Majestic, Hyperion, GL etc can defeat superman the ones with the power and versatility have the better chance, but it depends on the writer if he's going to wank characters to make superman better then he already is. Good job

Stoic
I was thinking about this while I was out earlier. If you were to give a percentage of victories to all of the Mid Metas, to High Heralds in terms of which character could defeat the most varied power sets based on their general level of power, versatility, smarts, and other odd variables, Superman would certainly be in the top 5. I'd place the Flash, Thor, Spawn, the Darkness, Sentry, Surfer, etc, right up there as well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.