Missouri Proffesor Fired for calling for violence against cameraman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time-Immemorial
3kVGtqp7usw

She was fired for this.

Now she is refusing to be fired and appealing the decision.

Flyattractor
She just has to hold out until her tenure kicks in. Then she can go all Feminazi she wants.

Cause College is now spelt C-O-M-M-I-E!!

Omega Vision
Tenure isn't some kind of automatic process like qualifying for a pension after so many years. I wish it was, lol.

I think this professor's actions were inappropriate and just plain silly. No one looks good trying to stop someone from filming something, even if it were for good reasons. I don't see what the problem was with letting journalists cover the protests--if you're worried about being misrepresented just contact other news sources to get your side of the story out.

Mindset
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Tenure isn't some kind of automatic process like qualifying for a pension after so many years. I wish it was, lol. How does tenure work?

Flyattractor
Once you get it you can still come to work but don't have to actually work anymore.

AND THEY CAN'T FIRE YOU FOR IT!

In fact they encourage it.

Mindset
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Once you get it you can still come to work but don't have to actually work anymore.

AND THEY CAN'T FIRE YOU FOR IT!

In fact they encourage it. I have tenured professors, I know that.

I'm asking how you get it.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Mindset
How does tenure work?
Basically you work your way up the ladder, and at a certain point if you do good work and you publish you'll be offered a tenure-track job. Once you're on tenure track it's a matter of years before you may or may not be given tenure. There's a lot of hoops to jump through and waiting involved, and you're put under review by your colleagues. Most instructors never get tenure-track jobs so they can't get tenure.

For me to get a tenure track, I'd probably need to get a PhD and publish a novel or two. Of course if I publish a novel or two (and they're successful) I might not need tenure, because then I could just get hired by a university as a writer-in-residence.

Omega Vision
@ Fly: that's not really true. Tenure doesn't mean you're not expected to work, it just means that it's a little harder to fire you than it would be otherwise and you're paid better than non-tenured professors. Another thing is that by the time you're tenured, you've made lots of friends and allies in the power structure of a university so naturally they're hesitant to get rid of you unless you force them to by just being completely awful at your job (or causing an embarrassing incident)

I had a tenured lit professor who was forced into retirement a few years before he wanted to because he was going senile and made all kinds of weird comments to female students (like asking them if they'd ever ridden horses before)

Mindset
@ Fly: that's not really true. Tenure doesn't mean you're not expected to work, it just means that it's a little harder to fire you than it would be otherwise and you're paid better than non-tenured professors. Another thing is that by the time you're tenured, you've made lots of friends and allies in the power structure of a university so naturally they're hesitant to get rid of you unless you force them to by just being completely awful at your job (or causing an embarrassing incident)

I had a tenured lit professor who was forced into retirement a few years before he wanted to because he was going senile and made all kinds of weird comments to female students (like asking them if they'd ever ridden horses before) There's a tenured professor here that's going senile or is senile and got lost in the building.

He's still teaching...

He will going on tangents for most of the class and not teach anything.

snowdragon
This professor should get to stepping like the old chancellor had the previous president.

Maybe the students should hunger strike!

Flyattractor
I have tenured professors, I know that.

I'm asking how you get it.

Kiss Butt and push/brainwash the kids with your LIBERAL Progressive Dogma and bad mouth and ridicule all those that you disagree with.

Basically you work your way up the ladder, and at a certain point if you do good work and you publish you'll be offered a tenure-track job. Once you're on tenure track it's a matter of years before you may or may not be given tenure. There's a lot of hoops to jump through and waiting involved, and you're put under review by your colleagues. Most instructors never get tenure-track jobs so they can't get tenure.

For me to get a tenure track, I'd probably need to get a PhD and publish a novel or two. Of course if I publish a novel or two (and they're successful) I might not need tenure, because then I could just get hired by a university as a writer-in-residence. Originally posted by Omega Vision

I had a tenured lit professor who was forced into retirement a few years before he wanted to because he was going senile and made all kinds of weird comments to female students (like asking them if they'd ever ridden horses before)

Like I said......

Adam Grimes
Tenured profs are the best. Mine won't shut up about WWII even though his class is about comprehension and production of texts.

Omega Vision
There's a tenured professor here that's going senile or is senile and got lost in the building.

He's still teaching...

He will going on tangents for most of the class and not teach anything.
Well yeah, the thing is there isn't much internal review of how professors conduct their classes as long as students don't report anything untoward.

Mindset
Well yeah, the thing is there isn't much internal review of how professors conduct their classes as long as students don't report anything untoward. He has been reported lol, they just can't get rid of him.

Same thing with my physics professor. He is on his second probation period...good thing I'll never need to actually know physics.

Omega Vision
He has been reported lol, they just can't get rid of him.

Same thing with my physics professor. He is on his second probation period...good thing I'll never need to actually know physics.
Well, it might depend on the university then.

ArtificialGlory
Unlike that thunderc*nt Mellisa Click, he sounds like a jolly ole guy. Too bad you had to get rid of him.

Surtur
I'd be curious as to what reason this woman feels she shouldn't be fired.

If only they could fire her in a way that prevents her from ever teaching at any school again.

meep-meep
She looks like pre-roid carrot top.

Time-Immemorial
laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.