Order These Movie Characters In Physical Strength

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TethAdamTheRock
Best strength showings from their movies

Captain America (All)
Iron Man (all)
Spiderman (all)
Thor (all)
Hulk (all)
Kuse
Ronan (Guardians Of The Galaxy)
Drax The Destroyer
Zod
Superman (Mos)
Foara
Green Lantern
Wonder woman (Speculation)
Ultron
Colossus ( Deadpool)
Beast
Hancock
Thing (Fantastic 4)
Juggernaut (xmen last stand)
Ghost Rider
Predator
Engineer
Master Cheif

Inhuman
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Best strength showings from their movies

Master Cheif

What movie was he in? He sucks BTW

ShadowFyre
Not sure about entire order but I bwlieve it begins like this.

1.Kurse/Hancock-they tanked or broke everything, nothing was capable of stopping them.

2.Kryptonians/Hulk-a fewbothers have them beat in like striking and whatnot, as far as raw physical strength they should place here. Not untouchable but near top of food chain.

3. Ultron/Thor-Ultron held him with one hand but that was part of Thors plan so hard to really tell.

4.Thing/Colossus/Juggs/-2005 Thing could be placed up at #2 and I wouldnt argue with that faerris wheel feat.

5.Drax/Iron Man

6. The rest.

Green Lantern could be at top or bottom as he is just human without ring.

TethAdamTheRock
Originally posted by Inhuman
What movie was he in? He sucks BTW Halo fall of reach I think he ok

TethAdamTheRock
Originally posted by ShadowFyre

1.Kurse/Hancock-they tanked or broke everything, nothing was capable of stopping them.

2.Kryptonians/Hulk-a fewbothers have them beat in like striking and whatnot, as far as raw physical strength they should place here. Not untouchable but near top of food chain.

3. Ultron/Thor-Ultron held him with one hand but that was part of Thors plan so hard to really tell.

4.Thing/Colossus/Juggs/-2005 Thing could be placed up at #2 and I wouldnt argue with that faerris wheel feat.

5.Drax/Iron Man

6. The rest.

Green Lantern could be at top or bottom as he is just human without ring. this is really good and what I was looking for.
What about the rest? I forgot to add vision but I don't know about him

TethAdamTheRock

5.Drax/Iron Man

6. The rest.

Green Lantern could be at top or bottom as he is just human without ring. This could be like an Official strength tier for movie characters

KuRuPT Thanosi
Only we'd have no consensus what so ever.

ShadowFyre
this is really good and what I was looking for.
What about the rest? I forgot to add vision but I don't know about him

Thanks. Ill start off at #7 but minus GL as he has no actual physical strength.

Is this Halo from that Anime I think? Been awhile butbIm thinking pretty damn close to a ten tonner.

Also, I meant to put Ronan with Colossus going by just that first hit to the chest to Drax. That was casual enough that he should be pretty close to Colossus.

ShadowFyre
6.Spider-Man/Master Chief-I guess Tobey Parker could be put up there with Thor going off that train feat. But, by average, being a Spider-Man he should be below the bricks but above the rest. But I am not so confident putting the Chief here. If you remember more of his feats let me know.

7. Engineer-I am very iffy here as the next few actually have better strength feats, but he should just be stronger, entirely my oppinion here.

8. Cap,Beast,Ghost Rider, Predator-These ones are all so close its really hard to tell.Movie Preds are nerfed but they still tank shotguns and beat down alien metal doors. Capnactually has best upcoming strength feat, but right now he is at bottom of my list.

TethAdamTheRock
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Only we'd have no consensus what so ever. let's make a consensus

TethAdamTheRock
Thanks. Ill start off at #7 but minus GL as he has no actual physical strength.

Is this Halo from that Anime I think? Been awhile butbIm thinking pretty damn close to a ten tonner.

Also, I meant to put Ronan with Colossus going by just that first hit to the chest to Drax. That was casual enough that he should be pretty close to Colossus. Does green lanterns actually have no physical strength or was it never shown

TethAdamTheRock
And it was https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/02/Halo4forwarduntodawn.png

TethAdamTheRock
6.Spider-Man/Master Chief-I guess Tobey Parker could be put up there with Thor going off that train feat. But, by average, being a Spider-Man he should be below the bricks but above the rest. But I am not so confident putting the Chief here. If you remember more of his feats let me know.

7. Engineer-I am very iffy here as the next few actually have better strength feats, but he should just be stronger, entirely my oppinion here.

8. Cap,Beast,Ghost Rider, Predator-These ones are all so close its really hard to tell.Movie Preds are nerfed but they still tank shotguns and beat down alien metal doors. Capnactually has best upcoming strength feat, but right now he is at bottom of my list. what's cap best strength feat

ShadowFyre
Well, he has that motorcycle feat which would still leave him at the bottom but he has an upcoming feat vs. A helicopter thats pretty retarded. I mean, I don't know what kinda helo is but I have seen both a Ch-46 and a 47 knock Marines down so hard that it broke one guys femur and another guys wrist just from the downdraft of the blades.

If he even stalled one of those( much bigger rotary aircraft than one in movie but still) for like 2 seconds that would put him well past peak human and a lotncloser to Spidey than where he is now.

carthage
He's also lifted with great strain massive steel girders/rubble off of Bucky, smashed through reinforced glass from a submersible, and chucked Ultron hard enough to smash through a concrete pylon

Also how is Kurse another tier above the Kryptonians? All he did was lift a boulder and beat up a defenseless Thor, none of that is above Clark lifting a space shuttle, destroying the face of a skyscraper with his punches, smashing through a Kryptonian ship with a punch, lifting the Oil rig, all before his prime. Kurse is overrated as hell

I can see Thor being at or on their tier.

Inhuman
Kurse swatted away Mjolnir without much effort. Something The Hulk wasn't able to do.

TethAdamTheRock
Well, he has that motorcycle feat which would still leave him at the bottom but he has an upcoming feat vs. A helicopter thats pretty retarded. I mean, I don't know what kinda helo is but I have seen both a Ch-46 and a 47 knock Marines down so hard that it broke one guys femur and another guys wrist just from the downdraft of the blades.

If he even stalled one of those( much bigger rotary aircraft than one in movie but still) for like 2 seconds that would put him well past peak human and a lotncloser to Spidey than where he is now. Oh yea lol i saw that, is it in the new movie civil war??

TethAdamTheRock
Originally posted by carthage
He's also lifted with great strain massive steel girders/rubble off of Bucky, smashed through reinforced glass from a submersible, and chucked Ultron hard enough to smash through a concrete pylon

Also how is Kurse another tier above the Kryptonians? All he did was lift a boulder and beat up a defenseless Thor, none of that is above Clark lifting a space shuttle, destroying the face of a skyscraper with his punches, smashing through a Kryptonian ship with a punch, lifting the Oil rig, all before his prime. Kurse is overrated as hell

I can see Thor being at or on their tier. Do you think he is at least as strong as master chief, the preditors or engineers?

What class is that 1 ton?

TethAdamTheRock
Kurse swatted away Mjolnir without much effort. Something The Hulk wasn't able to do. He did, it made it seem as though he was much above thor, i wish we got to see a fight between him and hulk

FrothByte

I can see Thor being at or on their tier.

It's pretty much the ease with which he manhandled Thor, something which Hulk was unable to do. Most people would consider the Kryptonians around Hulk's level of strength. Which means Kurse would be above them.

TethAdamTheRock
Originally posted by FrothByte
It's pretty much the ease with which he manhandled Thor, something which Hulk was unable to do. Most people would consider the Kryptonians around Hulk's level of strength. Which means Kurse would be above them. I think hulk might of been able to do it if he went all out..who knows maybe

FrothByte
I think hulk might of been able to do it if he went all out..who knows maybe

Hulk was so out of control that he was attacking friends. Pretty sure that's about as all out as he can get.

TethAdamTheRock
Hulk was so out of control that he was attacking friends. Pretty sure that's about as all out as he can get. true

Silent Master
I think hulk might of been able to do it if he went all out..who knows maybe

The Hulk was so angry he was trying to kill his allies, how is that not an example of going all out?

carthage
It's pretty much the ease with which he manhandled Thor, something which Hulk was unable to do. Most people would consider the Kryptonians around Hulk's level of strength. Which means Kurse would be above them.

All he did was swat it away, I'm not seeing how that places him an entire tier above them? Beating up Thor unarmed and just throwing him into a mountainside isn't at all above Zod smashing Clark through multiple buildings, especially when Thor was manhandled similarly by Ultron. His physical strength showings i,e lifting that boulder don't even place him above Clark.

FrothByte
All he did was swat it away, I'm not seeing how that places him an entire tier above them? Beating up Thor unarmed and just throwing him into a mountainside isn't at all above Zod smashing Clark through multiple buildings, especially when Thor was manhandled similarly by Ultron. His physical strength showings i,e lifting that boulder don't even place him above Clark.

We don't know that Thor was manhandled by Ultron. Just that Ultron had the upper hand when we cut back to the scene. Thor was strong enough to turn Hulk 360 with a punch. Kurse took numerous punches from Thor and didn't even budge. Thor was strong enough to block a full hammer punch from Hulk but was completely unable to stop Kurse's assault. So that shows Kurse above Hulk.

The question comes in whether you consider the Kryptonians as strong as Hulk or much stronger.

TethAdamTheRock
Originally posted by Silent Master
The Hulk was so angry he was trying to kill his allies, how is that not an example of going all out? I though he would engage him like he did iron man when he was brainwashed

TethAdamTheRock
But come to think of it curse wasnt going all out either.....

ShadowFyre
Well, these are just my oppinions, the Kryptonians have not done anything strengthwise that I would put past Hulk. They just had better fight scenes. This isnt a battle, just raw strength.

As far as Ultron and Thor, the scene lasted about 5 seconds and both the comments and the actions made show me that yeah, Ultron got the better of Thor when he ambushed him, then punched him and Thor made his comment but he didnt try very hard to force himself up. I dont know, I just didnt really get the impression that Ultron was much stronger than Thor, I mean, Thor never got to even hit him, if we assume Vision had Thor's power at that second, Thor could have easily knocked his ass away. Both the Kurse vs. Thor and Thor Ultron scuffle were probably the worst, unimaginative fight scenes in the Marvel Universe. Especially considering moments later him and Malekith were exchanging MOS level hits and destroying massive steel and concrete pillars ( which is better than those fragile skyscraper windows that Supes and Zod get jerked off over every ten seconds). Anyway, done ranting..

Whats 1 ton? Cap? Or that tier? Probably 1-2 I would say. In the comics, Yautja are closer to Spider-Man than cap and I could see a movie one probably maxing out between 1-2. GR is kind of iffy though. Cap definitely in that range.I always considered Cap and Preds to be about as strong as a Tiger, or Bear which would be more like superhuman and past what even a peak human should be able to do.

TethAdamTheRock
Im going to look up that fight scene

TethAdamTheRock
Supermans movie had much longer fight scenes thats it. kurse thor and hulk had equal feats in their very short movie times. The writers easily could of made them cause that much collateral damage if they wanted to , thats just it collateral damage. Supermans movie had a bigger budget/better CGI.

If they wrote Thor he would too do all that damage, possibly even more

relentless1
Superman
Zod
Hulk
Hancock
Wonder Woman
Kurse
Thor
Faora
Colossus
Ronan
Drax
Iron Man

don't care about the rest

ShadowFyre
Well, Thor has done more damage in a single strike than all the kryptonians managed to do put together in both major fight scenes. And thats a fact, not even debateable. Do I think Thor is necessarily stronger or would beat them in a fight, no. I think Faora, the best, fastest, and imo, the deadliest and most dangerous of the kryptonians would work Thor or Hulks ass over for most of any fight they got in.

As far as Kurse, no he does not have an overhead shoulder press lift greater or even equal to Supermans. It was how he was portrayed. Mjolnir both before and after Thor:TDW has been completely unstoppable. He casually swatted it away. He casually did everything. He kind of half ass hit an Asgardian forcefield. Which we are supposed to assume is strong like it was a toy. He pretty casually hefted the boulder,those punches that spun Hulk around only made Kurse barely turn his head. And you have to remember Hulk was quite a bit bigger than Kurse as well so any mass statements are invalid. Thor could spin an object bigger and heavier than Kurse with those punches but Kurse couldnt even be budged. It was pretty obvious he was meant to be portrayed as pretty much physically untouchable.

If anyone questions Hancock being on top, well then your either an idiot or havent seen the movie. No selling that train puts him far far away from any Hulk, Thor or Kryptonian on here. Honestly if someone were to say Hancock was physically stronger than all three of those guus put together I dont know if I would argue that.

TethAdamTheRock
Originally posted by relentless1
Superman
Zod
Hulk
Hancock
Wonder Woman
Kurse
Thor
Faora
Colossus
Ronan
Drax
Iron Man

don't care about the rest Lol, but that's a good list. I wonder why you put wonder woman over kurse? Do you think wonder woman is stronger than foara/can give superman a better fight than her in pure h2h?

Also why is colossus above ronnan, shouldn't he be Thor lèvel maybe? Idk... but the feats of him owning draw were minor

TethAdamTheRock
Well, Thor has done more damage in a single strike than all the kryptonians managed to do put together in both major fight scenes. And thats a fact, not even debateable. Do I think Thor is necessarily stronger or would beat them in a fight, no. I think Faora, the best, fastest, and imo, the deadliest and most dangerous of the kryptonians would work Thor or Hulks ass over for most of any fight they got in.

As far as Kurse, no he does not have an overhead shoulder press lift greater or even equal to Supermans. It was how he was portrayed. Mjolnir both before and after Thor:TDW has been completely unstoppable. He casually swatted it away. He casually did everything. He kind of half ass hit an Asgardian forcefield. Which we are supposed to assume is strong like it was a toy. He pretty casually hefted the boulder,those punches that spun Hulk around only made Kurse barely turn his head. And you have to remember Hulk was quite a bit bigger than Kurse as well so any mass statements are invalid. Thor could spin an object bigger and heavier than Kurse with those punches but Kurse couldnt even be budged. It was pretty obvious he was meant to be portrayed as pretty much physically untouchable.

If anyone questions Hancock being on top, well then your either an idiot or havent seen the movie. No selling that train puts him far far away from any Hulk, Thor or Kryptonian on here. Honestly if someone were to say Hancock was physically stronger than all three of those guus put together I dont know if I would argue that. Can you post the video to that scene

KuRuPT Thanosi
Kurse seems to be above any Kryptonian imo. Just seem obvious from how he was portrayed.

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by relentless1
Superman
Zod
Hulk
Hancock
Wonder Woman
Kurse
Thor
Faora
Colossus
Ronan
Drax
Iron Man

don't care about the rest

Hancock is far and away above Superman and its not even close. He is stronger than your top 3 all put together.

Silent Master
Hancock is far and away above Superman and its not even close. He is stronger than your top 3 all put together.

It's relentless1, he is a massive DC fanboy. I mean just look how high he put WW, who has zero strength feats.

ShadowFyre
I didnt even include WW but we can deduce by 2 scenes that she is at the very very least, Iron Man or Drax level based on her jumping a distance of at least a couple hundred feet. And the assumption that it was her that blocked DD's blade I wouldnt put her to far under Thor's level just

Silent Master
I didnt even include WW but we can deduce by 2 scenes that she is at the very very least, Iron Man or Drax level based on her jumping a distance of at least a couple hundred feet. And the assumption that it was her that blocked DD's blade I wouldnt put her to far under Thor's level just

The two people you listed are at the very bottom of his list.

TethAdamTheRock
I didnt even include WW but we can deduce by 2 scenes that she is at the very very least, Iron Man or Drax level based on her jumping a distance of at least a couple hundred feet. And the assumption that it was her that blocked DD's blade I wouldnt put her to far under Thor's level just I've never seen drax jump that far

TethAdamTheRock
Also one last person I forgot to add was batman

ShadowFyre
Yeah, well I hate to burst anybodies bubble but unless you have a bootleg version and would like to share to the rest. All I can do for WW is between Thor at highest and Drax, Iron Man at lowest. I think thats pretty damn good cxonsidering we have seen her in trailers only.

ShadowFyre
I've never seen drax jump that far Your right, I was being pretty generous for him. Either way, only thing we have seen is her jumping, sorry, thats not enough for me to put her really anywhere. For all I know, in the movie she has super Amazonian jumping boots and a Super Amazonian Shield of HeatVision Repelling and thats it. Movies not out, no point in even discussing her.

TethAdamTheRock
Will DC Cinematic Universe Become like marvels now? Adding wonder woman , there's a supergirl TV show coming up and a Shazam movie being played by three rock who said a fight between him and black Adam would be interesting

I think there's a justice League movie coming up no?

I hope it's the same actors Henry Cavill as Supermam, Christian bale as Batman, The Rock as Black Adam , Grant Gustan as the Flash (TV show)Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern, Stephan Amel as arrow

FrothByte
I don't even know why Wonder Woman is in here. She has zero feats of strength.

TethAdamTheRock
Your right, I was being pretty generous for him. Either way, only thing we have seen is her jumping, sorry, thats not enough for me to put her really anywhere. For all I know, in the movie she has super Amazonian jumping boots and a Super Amazonian Shield of HeatVision Repelling and thats it. Movies not out, no point in even discussing her. What about Doomsday?

TethAdamTheRock
I don't even know why Wonder Woman is in here. She has zero feats of strength. I know

Silent Master

Has that ever stopped relentless1 when it comes to giving a DC character the edge?

TethAdamTheRock
I don't even know why Wonder Woman is in here. She has zero feats of strength. What's your List?

TethAdamTheRock
https://media0.giphy.com/media/VQp1JIbdZuEyA/200_s.gif
Judging from the look on her face, she's about to do something of Thor level strength to someone

FrothByte
https://media0.giphy.com/media/VQp1JIbdZuEyA/200_s.gif
Judging from the look on her face, she's about to do something of Thor level strength to someone

Man, I could do the exact same facial expression when I'm in the toilet. Doesn't mean I'm doing something Thor-level.

TethAdamTheRock
Man, I could do the exact same facial expression when I'm in the toilet. Doesn't mean I'm doing something Thor-level. Yup yes

carthage
Assuming she sends Doomsday flying with a punch or something, I'd see her easily being in the Kryptonian's/Thor's level of strength

relentless1
Lol, but that's a good list. I wonder why you put wonder woman over kurse? Do you think wonder woman is stronger than foara/can give superman a better fight than her in pure h2h?

Also why is colossus above ronnan, shouldn't he be Thor lèvel maybe? Idk... but the feats of him owning draw were minor

I think that Wonder Woman will be stronger than Faora, almost on Kals level, if we are following any comic book fidelity. Zac seems to be sticking close to the source material in this cinematic universe as far as power levels go.

Its been awhile since I've seen GOTG but I don't recall any crazy strength feats for Ronan?

and Hancock has off the charts durability but his strength level is roughly on par with Kals; he uses a SUV like a hackey sack and Charlize Theron (who says she's stronger than he is) effortlessly uses a tanker truck as a baseball bat; those are the best two feats i can recall and Hancock is only responsible for one of them.

playa1258
Hancock stopped a whole damn train by just shoulder checking it and tossed a gray whale with ease.

relentless1
ah yeah, forgot about the whale, id place the train as more of a durability feat but youre right, the whale beats anything Supes has done yet... a grey whale can weigh like 40 tons, I could definitely see Kal doing something like that but it hasn't been seen as of yet.

TheVaultDweller
Stopping a speeding train dead in its tracks by shoulderchecking it is a strength feat. Not getting injured while doing so is the durability part. Or is the Hulk's leviathan punch more of a durability feat now as well? Both had large, heavy objects heading right at them. Both stopped them. One used his fist. The other used his shoulder.

TethAdamTheRock
It was very much a Strength Feat

TheVaultDweller
I know. But certain people will try to downplay the strength element as part of the justification for putting MoS up top.

ShadowFyre
The train was a straight strength and durability feat, he wasnt braced or nothing. If Hulk or Kal got hit in the same position he was in, it would have rolled right over them. And it was multiple cars that were affected. Stopping a train in that manner is far beyond anything the others have done.

Silent Master
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I know. But certain people will try to downplay the strength element as part of the justification for putting MoS up top.

Are you really surprised that relentless1 is that biased?

TethAdamTheRock
Can someone please embed the YouTube video of the train feat?
I really want to see it

KuRuPT Thanosi
How have you never seen that by now lol

Silent Master
NLRNYIT42ig

TethAdamTheRock
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
How have you never seen that by now lol Lol.
Just did now

Silent Master
That movie employed Looney Tunes physics as given his weight, the train should have sent him flying.

TethAdamTheRock
That movie employed Looney Tunes physics as given his weight, the train should have sent him flying. The Leviathan should have sent Hulk flying.

Silent Master
The Leviathan should have sent Hulk flying.

The Hulk was braced and pushing against the ground, hence his feet tearing a groove in the road.

TheVaultDweller
That movie employed Looney Tunes physics as given his weight, the train should have sent him flying.

Well, either that, or his strength really is so over the top that he could produce enough force to counter the mass of the speeding train, simply by leaning into it with his shoulder on impact. But yeah, to do that and not even budge a little would be ridiculous. Either way, the feat is better than we have seen Kal do, regardless of reletnless1's views.

Silent Master
Well, either that, or his strength really is so over the top that he could produce enough force to counter the mass of the speeding train, simply by leaning into it with his shoulder on impact. But yeah, to do that and not even budge a little would be ridiculous. Either way, the feat is better than we have seen Kal do, regardless of reletnless1's views.

My problem isn't that he stopped the train, it's that there was no damage to the street which means he wasn't braced. As such he should have been sent flying.

Robtard
My problem isn't that he stopped the train, it's that there was no damage to the street which means he wasn't braced. As such he should have been sent flying.

He has the ability to fly, so he could have been using his own anti-gravity to effectively brace himself.

Just a thought, was probably just silly physics in play as that film was in part a comedy.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Robtard
He has the ability to fly, so he could have been using his own anti-gravity to effectively brace himself.

Just a thought, was probably just silly physics in play as that film was in part a comedy.

He didn't have much control at that point, IIRC he was damaging the street every time he took off or landed. So IMO it was just LT physics.

TethAdamTheRock
From stongest to weakest based on extensive movie research

Hancock. 1000 Tons or more
Kuse 500 Tons
Superman (Mos). 400 Tons
Hulk (all). 400 Tons
Ultron ( Final Form). 350 Tons
Zod. 300 Tons
Thor (all). 300 Tons
Foara. 250 Tons
Wonder woman (Speculation). 250 Tons
Juggernaut (xmen last stand). 200 Tons
Thing (Fantastic 4). 100 Tons
Colossus ( Deadpool). 100 Tons
Ronan (Guardians Of The Galaxy). 10-15 Tons
Spiderman (all). 10 Tons
Drax The Destroyer 5 Tons
Iron Man (all). 5 Tons
Beast. 5 Tons
Predator. 5 Tons
Engineer. 5 Tons
Master Cheif 5 Tons
Ghost Rider. 5 Tons
Captain America (All) 1-2 Tons
Green Lantern Human Strength

Time-Immemorial
^whats up Brucie.

TheVaultDweller

Guess that's true enough. So you're right. Best just to chalk it up to the same kind of movie physics that make people go flying 15 feet from a shotgun blast.

Just wondering where that 100 tons is coming from for Thing. If it's 2005/2007 version, it's way more than that. The piece of the London Eye he pressed over his head is significantly heavier than a 100 tons. Mind you, a lot of those numbers look off to me. When on Earth did movie Juggs show 200 ton strength class?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Kind of not true though VD, when we see human blasted that far from shotgun fire... It doesn't make sense because as human we know, see and can test what such fire does to human. It doesn't send them flying like that.

With herald level beings... with exotic powers all over the map that can't see, experience, test or even comprehend... stuff like environmental damage doesn't carry the same weight. Some disbelief has to always be checked at the door when watching these movies.

Hancock could be so invulnerable that the force of the train was simply negated, to a dead stop from said invulnerability which overrides the trains weight and momentum. could've been like rob said.. something to do with gravity and flying. The ground helps him in no way with that feat. The ground had nothing to do with that train stopped what so ever. Think of it this way.. when you see a football rb... running at a good speed... and yet a LB who's being blocked... fights off the block.. but barely has any momentum behind him.. and he isn't braced... yet a simple shoulder check can flatback a RB. Doesn't mean a chunk of the ground needs to be moved.. it just happens. Some imagine a herald level being with invulnerability doing a shoulder check... yeah... it doesn't seem all that odd to me really

Silent Master
Football players aren't being hit with enough force to damage the ground in the manner that a train would and I've already explained why him using his flight power isn't very likely.

TheVaultDweller
Did you miss my first post where I speculated it might just be over-the-top power? That maybe he could generate enough force with a shoulder check to counter the mass/size of the train? It was one theory tossed around, based on what we were shown onscreen. And that was the point. We know people don't go flying because of shotgun blasts, so we know the depictions of that happening doesn't work with the laws of physics. Based on the relative mass difference, he should have gone flying. Why he didn't could be brute strength, could be a different use of flight, some other weird reason, or it might just be goofy physics. We don't know and, at the end of the day, it doesn't really matter. Hancock still stopped a speeding train dead in its tracks.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Fair enough bud.

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, with feats like that, it's best to take it at face value IMO. I mean we could speculate about what unseen forces may or may not have contributed to the feat but, ultimately, we can't prove it either way. So best not to break our heads about it. Regardless, it's still the best strength feat of anyone on the list.

Edit: And, like I mentioned previously, I am more curious as to where TethAdam got some of his numbers from. Because, from what I know, some are way off.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Yeah I was wondering the same thing. I was could to critique his results, but then I was like... Yeah, I didn't offer my opinion because I thought too many people were on the list, and it was too much. So I was like, yeah I'll just leave his alone.. at least he did one lol

Agree 100% on face value. We can't try and speculate on this or that, but the reality is, we can't prove a thing one way or another.

TethAdamTheRock
Guess that's true enough. So you're right. Best just to chalk it up to the same kind of movie physics that make people go flying 15 feet from a shotgun blast.

Just wondering where that 100 tons is coming from for Thing. If it's 2005/2007 version, it's way more than that. The piece of the London Eye he pressed over his head is significantly heavier than a 100 tons. Mind you, a lot of those numbers look off to me. When on Earth did movie Juggs show 200 ton strength class? Based on this 1000 Ton rock, take a very good look at the size of it and the woman standing next to it

http://gizmodo.com/5701223/who-put-this-1000-ton-boulder-here

TethAdamTheRock
This video has all of hulks best strength feats in one

http://youtu.be/66im5Mi7x3A

KuRuPT Thanosi
I personally think Hulk is the strongest... rivaled by Hancock and Kurse.. followed closely by Kal-EL imo

TheVaultDweller
Based on this 1000 Ton rock, take a very good look at the size of it and the woman standing next to it

http://gizmodo.com/5701223/who-put-this-1000-ton-boulder-here

Not sure how showing me a picture of a big rock explains how you assigned some of those numbers to some of the people. What did Juggs do to suggest he could lift 200 tons? What did Colossus do to suggest he could do 100? What did the Engineer do to suggest he could even lift 5? Also, Tobey Spidey had better overall strength feats than Garfield, so don't see how those two can be equal. And, as mentioned before, Thing has literally pressed more than a 100 tons onscreen. And those are just some of the numbers that don't seem right to me.

I hate to ask, but how many of the films containing these characters have you actually watched?

TethAdamTheRock
Not sure how showing me a picture of a big rock explains how you assigned some of those numbers to some of the people. What did Juggs do to suggest he could lift 200 tons? What did Colossus do to suggest he could do 100? What did the Engineer do to suggest he could even lift 5? Also, Tobey Spidey had better overall strength feats than Garfield, so don't see how those two can be equal. And, as mentioned before, Thing has literally pressed more than a 100 tons onscreen. And those are just some of the numbers that don't seem right to me.

I hate to ask, but how many of the films containing these characters have you actually watched? All of them.

Juggs was running through reinforced wall after wall after wall and they made it seem very easy. He also seemed to me that the writers wanted him to be much stronger than colossus.

Colossus was able to physically match a sentinel, both colossus and thing we're dropped from the height of planes, in Deadpool colossus was tossing angel dust 100 + ft with a single punch

After rewatching the films I don't think colossus is 100 tons. How much would you put him?

Do you think the Engineer would beat Captain America in a fight without his shield? The way he decapitated that guy with his bare hands.

Nibedicus
Well, I have have a hard time imagining the Engineer (who likes around 9-10 feet? Maybe 6-700 pounds?) tossing a 800 lbs motorcycle with enough force to collapse a 2-ton jeep like tinfoil. I might be forgetting something, tho. What "feats" did the Engineer have that would put him at the level at ton-level strength?

I think when it comes to the Engineer vs Cap, one has to consider that Avengers movies are at best PG-13 and Aliens/Pred are all R-rated, allowing them a more liberal use of real world physics vs human (or android) anatomy. TBH, if Avengers displayed strength the way Aliens and Pred did, Widow would be a stain on the wall when Hulk backhanded her, Thor would be exploding ppl when he his kicks/punches and Cap would be punching holes thru ppl.

Would the Engineer beat shieldless Cap in a fight? If we use Cap's high end showing, probably not. Cap did well against Ultron (taking hits from him) who I would put well well past Engineer strength (I know he had his shield but even doing well against an Iron Man+ opponent should be enough).

TheVaultDweller
All of them.

Juggs was running through reinforced wall after wall after wall and they made it seem very easy. He also seemed to me that the writers wanted him to be much stronger than colossus.

Colossus was able to physically match a sentinel, both colossus and thing we're dropped from the height of planes, in Deadpool colossus was tossing angel dust 100 + ft with a single punch

After rewatching the films I don't think colossus is 100 tons. How much would you put him?

Do you think the Engineer would beat Captain America in a fight without his shield? The way he decapitated that guy with his bare hands.

Busting through concrete does not mean he can lift 200 tons. Iron Man and War Machine were tossing each other through reinforced concrete, marble etc. during their fight in IM2, yet no one here would suggest they can lift 200 tons. And that is personal interpretation. I didn't see anything onscreen to suggest that this was the implication.

And what did said Sentinels do to suggest they could lift a 100 tons? Two of them specifically copied Colossus' own powerset in order to match his strength, indicating that their base levels are below his. And 100+ feet is an exaggeration. Furthest knock he gave her was when he tossed her over that pile of rubble and her one boob popped out, and that was nowhere near a 100 feet. It was a lot closer to 50. And Goblin sent Tobey Spiderman flying several dozen feet and into a street lamp, hard enough to knock the thing over IIRC, but he also doesn't have 100 ton strength. Also, dropping from a plane is a durability feat, not a strength feat. Honestly, Colossus seemed to me to be around Tobey Spiderman strength, but has a massive advantage in durability, being straight up bullet proof.

And which Thing are you talking about? The 2005/2007 one, or the latest one? Because the latest one was crap, and didn't do anything to suggest he could even lift a 100 tons. The older version lifted the London Eye which, based on different sources, weighs somewhere between 1800 and 2100 tons. Granted he only lifted the wheel part, but that piece still weighs over a 1000 tons.

As for the Engineer vs Cap? Too little feats to go on IMO. The Engineer was portrayed as being quite strong, but we don't know just where his limits lie in that area. And we don't really know how his other stats compare to Cap's.

Edit: Also, as Nibedicus pointed out, the MCU films have to tone down the violence. I mean imagine if those films were r-rated, like the Netflix series? You'd have caved in skulls, bloody corpses and shattered limbs all over the place. Hell, forget Cap. Just imagine aftermath of one of Hawkeye's explosive arrows if they portrayed things more realistically.

TethAdamTheRock
The boulder that Kurse lifted was much less than the boulder I posted which is 1000tons, even smaller than than the small one in that picture.

The engineer was much stronger than humans. If cap is only peak human, then the engineer is stronger

And yes the London eye was 2000 Tons, putting that feat far FAR above the boulder Kruse lifted and more than 200 times heavier

Inhuman
Kurse lifting that boulder was not his best strength feat

TethAdamTheRock
Kurse lifting that boulder was not his best strength feat It put strain on him, so to suggest he can lift something 200 times heavier like thing did is well confused

TheVaultDweller
The engineer was much stronger than humans. If cap is only peak human, then the engineer is stronger

Problem with that is that movie Cap isn't simply peak human, as his feats clearly portray him as being far beyond that physically. And even if he was only "peak" human in his universe, that does not necessarily mean he would be considered just "peak" human in a different setting. I mean how many "peak" humans are there that could do what Cap does at the 20 second mark here:

a7TmBfi9_E8

Nibedicus
The boulder that Kurse lifted was much less than the boulder I posted which is 1000tons, even smaller than than the small one in that picture.

And yes the London eye was 2000 Tons, putting that feat far FAR above the boulder Kruse lifted and more than 200 times heavier

Unless you're thinking the rock Kurse lifted is around 10 tons, then your math here is WAYYYY off.

I did the math some time back and I think the rock came down to about 400-500 tons depending on how tall Kurse is and some other assumptions (since it was irregularly shaped, I cut it in half and took the conical volume of each half and added them together. Assumption was Kurse is around 8 feet and that thing was 4 times width and 2.5 times height with equal radius based on that. Then used the standard weight of granite (165 lbs per m3). Granted there were a lot of assumptions as well as some estimations here and there, but it shouldn't be too far from that.

That's not 2000 tons but that's not 1/200 of what Thing lifted either.

Also, he threw that thing like what? 150-200 feet? Cleared the distance in 3 seconds. I'm not a physicist but I'm willing to bet that's at least (or close to) 1k ton in strength or close to it. And he wasn't even trying that hard.

Also, Cap is NOT peak human. Peak humans can't support a 800 lbs motorcycle over their heads while several women are standing on it with ZERO strain. Not the strongest man alive or ever, not even close to that.

And that rock in your picture is NOT 1000 tons. I would it in multiples of thousands. And I'm willing to bet the woman didn't mean literally 1000 tons as I doubt she weighed it.

Edit. Did the math on that rock picture, used the girl's assumed height of 5'6", and simply even assuming the rock was a complete circle (to get a ballpark figure), it was around 8.5 times her height in width. Came down to around 4.5k tons. Using the same math above (although I don't think that's granite).

TethAdamTheRock
An 18 Wheeler full loaded is only 65 tons, the rock kuse lifted could be carried by a 18 wheeler...

And click the rock picture again that I posted, it was much bigger than a 5 story house and it's only 1000 tons. Look at the girl standing next to it

I agree with your 1k of strength though

TethAdamTheRock
Problem with that is that movie Cap isn't simply peak human, as his feats clearly portray him as being far beyond that physically. And even if he was only "peak" human in his universe, that does not necessarily mean he would be considered just "peak" human in a different setting. I mean how many "peak" humans are there that could do what Cap does at the 20 second mark here:

a7TmBfi9_E8 Yea that's much higher than peak human

Nibedicus
An 18 Wheeler full loaded is only 65 tons, the rock kuse lifted could be carried by a 18 wheeler...

And click the rock picture again that I posted, it was much bigger than a 5 story house and it's only 1000 tons. Look at the girl standing next to it

I agree with your 1k of strength though

Again, I did the math, it goes to around 400-500 tons (ballpark weight). So your 200x comparison is just flat wrong.

And the rock picture you posted is an obvious guesstimate w/c isn't even close to the right weight of the thing, quit using it as a basis. Geeez.

TethAdamTheRock
What would be your order and tonnage?

Nibedicus
What would be your order and tonnage?

Finally found the math I did back then. I think it was off so to get it a bit more close to exact, I did it again, this time with a ruler. stick out tongue

It actually came down to 211 tons (the rock Kurse threw).

Essentially, I measured Kurse with a ruler using (0:51)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJneSSYTZFo

Setting the screen size til his height was at a bit less than 2.5 inches, used the ruler to measure height and width of the rock.

It came down to 7.5 inches width, 4.75 inches height. Converted using his height of 8 feet. It came down to: 25 feet width and 15.2 feet height (from that positioning).

Computed halves of a cone with 4 feet radius on each end (it was around his height per end, give or take), it came down to:

1285 m3 or 2570 m3 times 165 lbs/m3 comes out to 212 tons. Original estimates were wrong due to me using my fingers to measure and not a ruler. This should be closer to the proper weight measurement. Someone feel free to fix my math.

I will still stand by my original stance of him easily throwing that thing 200 feet at around 70 feet per second is def over 1000 tons in strength.

TethAdamTheRock
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Finally found the math I did back then. I think it was off so to get it a bit more close to exact, I did it again, this time with a ruler. stick out tongue

It actually came down to 211 tons (the rock Kurse threw).

Essentially, I measured Kurse with a ruler using (0:51)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJneSSYTZFo

Setting the screen size til his height was at a bit less than 2.5 inches, used the ruler to measure height and width of the rock.

It came down to 7.5 inches width, 4.75 inches height. Converted using his height of 8 feet. It came down to: 25 feet width and 15.2 feet height (from that positioning).

Computed halves of a cone with 4 feet radius on each end (it was around his height per end, give or take), it came down to:

1285 m3 or 2570 m3 times 165 lbs/m3 comes out to 212 tons. Original estimates were wrong due to me using my fingers to measure and not a ruler. This should be closer to the proper weight measurement. Someone feel free to fix my math.

I will still stand by my original stance of him easily throwing that thing 200 feet at around 70 feet per second is def over 1000 tons in strength. So with your equation, what would Kurse strengte be? And how would you order Thor and the rest?.
Feel free to change my numbers around.

Nibedicus
So with your equation, what would Kurse strengte be? And how would you order Thor and the rest?.
Feel free to change my numbers around.

Shadowfyre got his pretty close to how I see things, so I'll go with that.

TethAdamTheRock
Where is his post

ShadowFyre
First one. I dont do the ton thing as I see no point. The only way to realistically do that is if every movie had every character perform a max lifting feet. By actua liftingl feats, it would be

Hancock
Supes
Thing
Kurse
All the way down to Spiderman as the rest dont have actual lifting feats.

I go by how they are portrayed as well as feats.

At full power nothing could harm or withstand either Kurse or Hancock. They broke and tanked everything.

Superman maxed out on oil rig but before full power.all kryptonians should be as equal as one man is to another.

Juggs was portrayed as unstoppable to walls and wolverine. When he tossed Logan into ceiling it didnt even break.

TethAdamTheRock
Oh

The Sorrow
Hancock number 1??

All he really did was throw a whale, the train feat was impressive but to say Superman or Hulk couldn't do the same is very premature.

In the first Hulk movie he ripped a chunk of rock out of the ground and threw it a few hundred feet iirc. At that time Hulk was MASSIVE as well and the rock still dwarfed him. He stopped the leviathan almost immediately with a punch (fresh from transformation too), levelled a massive section of the Antarctic when Norton-Banner tried to commit suicide, overpowered Abomination who was previously punching Hulk around and knocking trucks and cars flying with casual ease, physically overpowering a leviathan forcing it to change course, not to mention his ridiculous leaping power.

Thor has great striking power but he was a step below Hulk in pure strength. Supes & Zod fight showed they are on par physically and Kurse physically stomped Thor. Although not on this list, Abomination should be strongest living person seen so far, maybe tied or just below Kurse.

1. Kurse/Enraged Hulk
2. "Normal" Hulk
3. Kryptonians/Hancock
4. Thor/Vision/Ultron
5. Juggernaut*
6. Colossus

The rest.

* Juggernaut seemed beastly but had almost no stand-out feats.

ShadowFyre
Honestly, 1-5 is pretty much open to oppinions. They are all peers somewhat.

I could see Hulk\Kryptonian striking and stoping it, but not just casually shoulder checking it.

TethAdamTheRock
Thus needs to be updated

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.