Evannova95's latest match ups.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheNuisanceBird
This has been out for about a month now and as far as I can remember nobodies covered it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb-bZKOZHdk

Lucien Draay VS Old Ben Kenobi was ok although I'm actually worried about how Shaak Ti VS Bane is going to go. Evan's definitely improved but we could be getting another Bane Vs Hoth.

Syndicate
Shaak Ti will win because of EvanNova's bias. This isn't the site to try to get support for Bane though.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird
Lucien Draay VS Old Ben Kenobi was ok
The dueling and physical stuff was alright. The Force powers section though was completely BSed. It consisted of Evannova saying that he was uncertain on both of their telekinetic abilities, so he took the lowest possible assumption for Draay's and the highest possible assumption for Kenobi's to argue that they were telekinetic equals.

although I'm actually worried about how Shaak Ti VS Bane is going to go. Evan's definitely improved but we could be getting another Bane Vs Hoth.
I think we'll be getting another Bane vs Hoth because Shaak Ti's dueling abilities are wanked to all hell by the Forcecast, Togrutan physiology is wanked to all hell by the Forcecast, and if Evan can justify Hoth being close to Bane in Force power by freezing one Sith in a stasis field casually, then he's gonna probably argue Shaak Ti is a better force wielder because she "wields her powers with more finesse" or some stupid shit like that. And between her being cunning and a battlefield general and Evan's opinion that Bane's a tactical retard, Shaak Ti is going to outsmart him. Shit, all there is left to wonder is whether or not Reti will show up to make some shitty analogy about how "Bane is the inexperienced Monopoly player who focuses on the overwhelming Boardwalk Park Place monopoly while Shaak is the seasoned Monopoly player who spreads her monopolies across the board with careful calculation and finesse while avoiding Bane's only monopoly for the most part, while Bane in turn cannot avoid the sheer number of monopolies she has acquired in the contest."

IIRC either Reti or Evan think Orbalisk Bane vs Koon is somehow a good fight.

I don't expect anything logical to come out of this video at all.

TheNuisanceBird
The dueling and physical stuff was alright. The Force powers section though was completely BSed. It consisted of Evannova saying that he was uncertain on both of their telekinetic abilities, so he took the lowest possible assumption for Draay's and the highest possible assumption for Kenobi's to argue that they were telekinetic equals.

The videos definitely an improvement. He at least didn't spend the whole thing slamming on one combatant.

I think we'll be getting another Bane vs Hoth because Shaak Ti's dueling abilities are wanked to all hell by the Forcecast, Togrutan physiology is wanked to all hell by the Forcecast,

Ehhhh, Togrutans are supposed to have advatages over normal humans. Shaak Ti's dueling abilities are good, up there with Plo and Kenobi, but it won't stop her from getting solo'd by Dooku alongside Plo.

IIRC either Reti or Evan think Orbalisk Bane vs Koon is somehow a good fight.

Wait WHAT!?

I don't expect anything logical to come out of this video at all.

I'm willing to give him a chance. A good one in fact. Wouldn't be surprised if I can kick the videos ass with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyQjsxU-N2A

The only real problem is the issues with the volume but at least I try and make sense and had logic in mind.

|King Joker|
Shaak Ti's dueling abilities are good, up there with Kenobi, http://replygif.net/i/1512.gif

AncientPower
Lol Ti is so clearly up there as a duelist on the High Council, the anti-Ti camp are not changing that. They all have their own strengths and weaknesses as duelists on the High Council, they are all extremely good in their own way. This is what Kenobi was pointing out in the RotS novel.

Lowballing around here has become a sport, when will actual logic prevail instead of petty biases.

Deronn_solo
Who gives a shit?

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by |King Joker|
http://replygif.net/i/1512.gif

To me she is if she's talked about on the level of and compared to Kenobi, Mace, Anakin, and Dooku in the ROTS novelization.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by AncientPower
Lol Ti is so clearly up there as a duelist on the High Council, the anti-Ti camp are not changing that. They all have their own strengths and weaknesses as duelists on the High Council, they are all extremely good in their own way. This is what Kenobi was pointing out in the RotS novel.

Lowballing around here has become a sport, when will actual logic prevail instead of petty biases.

I know right.

FreshestSlice
To me she is if she's talked about on the level of and compared to Kenobi, Mace, Anakin, and Dooku in the ROTS novelization.
Those people aren't all even on the same level as duelists.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Those people aren't all even on the same level as duelists.

https://media.giphy.com/media/IMuqnp96sdhyE/giphy.gif

ILS
Those people aren't all even on the same level as duelists. All this talk of "levels". As Ancient correctly pointed out, they all have unique strengths and weaknesses in lightsaber combat. Where Kenobi is great defensively, Anakin is overpowering physically and Mace is blindingly fast, Ti is extremely cunning and might make you slip on a banana peel or something. Totes on-par with the greatest Jedi ever.

AncientPower
Ti is grace, speed, cunning and basically confuses enemies, exploits their weaknesses. That is how she took on so many Magnaguards and how she had Starkiller on the backfoot throughout their fight.

Her combined use of Form II: Makashi and Form IV: Ataru dazzles enemies, Windu and Kenobi both point her technique out and praise it. She even taught Kenobi tricks, the guy whose entire M/O is to be a smartarse.

Vader didn't big her up to Starkiller, just for her to turn out to be a sub-par Kit Fisto. I know you absolutely despise Shaak Ti, so I don't know why I'm bothering entertaining your bait.

ILS
*absolutely despite her fanatical fanbase

I'm indifferent to her as a character.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by ILS
All this talk of "levels". As Ancient correctly pointed out, they all have unique strengths and weaknesses in lightsaber combat. Where Kenobi is great defensively, Anakin is overpowering physically and Mace is blindingly fast, Ti is extremely cunning and might make you slip on a banana peel or something. Totes on-par with the greatest Jedi ever.
Not even remotely the point I was making. Lumping Obi-Wan, Mace, Dooku, etc., together is stupid was. It's as dumb as ABC can get.

AncientPower
That 'fanbase' amounts to people who actually believe she's better than Deadeye Duncan, I.E. not you.

ILS
Not even remotely the point I was making. Lumping Obi-Wan, Mace, Dooku, etc., together is stupid was. It's as dumb as ABC can get. I know, I was using your post as a platform to mock Ti.Originally posted by AncientPower
That 'fanbase' amounts to people who actually believe she's better than Deadeye Duncan, I.E. not you. That's actually an interesting fight.

AncientPower

I hope you realise that isn't the point. They are not being compared to each other, it is listing the individual strengths of the swordmasters and pointing out Kenobi's own strength in comparison, which is simplicity, because honestly not one of them, besides maybe Anakin, is Yoda level and he is listed himself.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by ILS
I know, I was using your post as a platform to mock Ti.
Oh. Carry on then.

Syndicate
You're alienating your only support AP. Not wise.

TheNuisanceBird
It's as dumb as ABC can get.

How exactly is it ABC?

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by AncientPower
I hope you realise that isn't the point. They are not being compared to each other, it is listing the individual strengths of the swordmasters and pointing out Kenobi's own strength in comparison, which is simplicity, because honestly not one of them, besides maybe Anakin, is Yoda level and he is listed himself.

That's what I was getting at. For her style's strengths to be put up there means something for me. But yes, I get where you're coming from.

FreshestSlice
How exactly is it ABC?
Because there is no special level of skill where you can defeat everyone before it. It's not that hard.

TheNuisanceBird
Because there is no special level of skill where you can defeat everyone before it. It's not that hard.

That's not what I was implying. I've actually said the same thing over and over again to redpill.

EDIT: Wait a second. Did he get banned?

JKBart
No, but Ant got banned in his name

FreshestSlice
That's not what I was implying. I've actually said the same thing over and over again to redpill.

EDIT: Wait a second. Did he get banned?
That's kind of irrelevant. The fact that you mean something doesn't change that saying Ti is a ___ level duelist is an argument that will never make sense one way or the other.

JKBart
Yoda stomps Shaak Ti
Mace stomps Shaak Ti
Anakin stomps Shaak Ti
AotC Anakin has a good shot too tbh
Obi-Wan stomps Shaak Ti
Kit sto- well defeats Shaak Ti
Plo Koon defeats Shaak Ti

something's not right over here

FreshestSlice
Lel. I agree.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.