Depa/Kanan Jarrus vs. Satele/Kao Cen Darach

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Season 2: Kanan

*Hope Satele

*Canon Depa

Force, sabers, all out

Who wins?

Emperordmb
I'm leaning team 2. Depa's better than either but Kanan is a noticeable weak link.

carthage
You don't think he'll improve noticeably enough at the end of Season 2 to cover the gap?

Emperordmb
Well the end of season two hasn't happened yet so I can't make a call there.

Syndicate
I think Kanan is good enough to hold out against Satele.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Syndicate
I think Kanan is good enough to hold out against Satele.
Eh as of right now, Satele cutting down multiple Sith in a row has me more impressed with her as a duelist, and knocking two Sith off of their feat, blocking a lightsaber blade with tutaminus, and telekinetically dominating Malgus after she absorbed energy from said lightsaber blade impress me more as a force wielder.

If this were Return Satele I'd definitely give Kanan the edge, but Hope Satele is too much IMO

Beniboybling
Still waiting for proof Satele used energy absorbed from his lightsaber for that attack. erm

|King Joker|
Satele kicks Kanan's ass then aids Darach in defeating Billaba.

S_W_LeGenD
Team 2 nearly stomps.

Originally posted by Emperordmb
I'm leaning team 2. Depa's better than either but Kanan is a noticeable weak link.
You've got to be kidding me.

EmperorSidious2
Team 2. Darach can defintily contend and hold off Deepa, while Kanan can in no way shape or form, contend with Satele.

Tondemonai
Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
Team 2. Darach can defintily contend and hold off Deepa, while Kanan can in no way shape or form, contend with Satele.

Yeah it's nothing short of a rape

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Still waiting for proof Satele used energy absorbed from his lightsaber for that attack. erm
What happened to the energy she absorbed, Beni? You can't create or destroy energy, so it has to be somewhere. Where did it go?

Syndicate
Eh as of right now, Satele cutting down multiple Sith in a row has me more impressed with her as a duelist, and knocking two Sith off of their feat, blocking a lightsaber blade with tutaminus, and telekinetically dominating Malgus after she absorbed energy from said lightsaber blade impress me more as a force wielder.

If this were Return Satele I'd definitely give Kanan the edge, but Hope Satele is too much IMO

Oh this is Hope Satele? Nevermind.

Syndicate
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
What happened to the energy she absorbed, Beni? You can't create or destroy energy, so it has to be somewhere. Where did it go?

up ur but.

Nephthys

Is there any confirmation that she used Tutaminis? IIRC it was up in the air considering the lightsaber blade was cracking as if it was being stopped by a barrier.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Team 2 nearly stomps.

You've got to be kidding me.
When either Satele or Kao does something on the level of contending with Grievous in lightsaber combat, then I'll believe differently.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Nephthys
Is there any confirmation that she used Tutaminis? IIRC it was up in the air considering the lightsaber blade was cracking as if it was being stopped by a barrier.
You'd still have to explain where the energy went. Obviously not back into the lightsaber out dissipated toward the sides.

Emperordmb
And why was she able to exert such telekinetic dominance there yet the rest of the fight was a problem for her?

Regardless, it's still a showing that puts her well beyond Kanan in the force, and that's the point I was making.

Nephthys
Why would the energy go anywhere different than if it had smacked a wall of beskar or something? If it's just hitting the barrier, why would that matter? Other than heat, the energy of a lightsaber is largely contained in the blade, right?

FreshestSlice
Because it's continuous? The blade was getting noticeably shorter. The energy had to go somewhere that wouldn't make the lightsaber blow up.

Nephthys
Well the blade was cracking......

Col. Valerian
Team 2. Either is better than Kanan, and Depa won't take either of them down easily, if at all.

NewGuy01
Well the blade was cracking......

Makes you wonder what the hell a lightsaber even is.

Beniboybling
What happened to the energy she absorbed, Beni? You can't create or destroy energy, so it has to be somewhere. Where did it go? Forgot about this, lel.

Anyway I imagine it went in to the effort of preventing Malgus from pushing his lightsaber into her face. thumb upOriginally posted by Emperordmb
And why was she able to exert such telekinetic dominance there yet the rest of the fight was a problem for her?Probably because Malgus just tanked a concussion grenade at point blank range.

On the other hand is not as if Satele didn't one shot two Sith warriors with a TK just prior, she's clearly very powerful.Sure, but the point I'm making is that this dubious assumption shouldn't be treated as fact, as it so often is on these boards.

FreshestSlice
Forgot about this, lel.

Anyway I imagine it went in to the effort of preventing Malgus from pushing his lightsaber into her face.
Well if she's absorbing most of that it really doesn't matter.

And it's obviously all just speculation. Don't see the need to say, "By the way this is speculation," every time something not confirmed is said.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Satele eating a light saber >> Kanan.

Beniboybling
Well if she's absorbing most of that it really doesn't matter.?What you need is proof, still not seeing any that holds water.

FreshestSlice
?
I she's absorbing the lightsaber being pushed into her face, she doesn't exactly need to use that energy to stop someone from stabbing her.

No, you don't need "proof" to make a logical conclusion if some line of reasoning supports it. You just need common sense. It's no different that than you thinking she needs said energy to push Malgus' lightsaber out of her face. If anything it's a a lot more likely.

S_W_LeGenD
When either Satele or Kao does something on the level of contending with Grievous in lightsaber combat, then I'll believe differently.
Contending with Darth Malgus is not enough?

Grievous does't compete with these individuals, IMO.

Beniboybling
I she's absorbing the lightsaber being pushed into her face, she doesn't exactly need to use that energy to stop someone from stabbing her.Considering Satele herself later states that if Jace hadn't rescued her, she would have died, I would disagree. She was pushed to her limits, and in that situation it doesn't make much sense to hold anything back. Right that's called logical proof, and its what I'm disputing. thumb up

Syndicate
Well comparing this Kanan has blitzed storm troopers while Satele had blitzed Sith.

Kanan has demonstrated some pretty great TK that should allow him not to be overwhelmed by Satele if the lightsaber blade she absorbed actually was empowering her. Lightsaber skill would also go to Satele for now but it's a close thing. Personally I think Kanan could hold out long enough for Depa to defeat Kao.

Beniboybling
Really? He's been Force gripped by the Fifth Brother, of all people.

Syndicate
Really? He's been Force gripped by the Fifth Brother, of all people.

Who's pretty powerful himself. He and the Seventh Sister raised a light side temple just in the last episode or the one before it. Something that likely would have been actively resisting their pull given the evident strain on their faces and the temple beginning to collapse with their efforts.

Beniboybling
OK, but he's really not in Satele's league.

And that temple was some kind of Force conduit, even if they'd have a harder time of it, it was still designed to channel the Force.

Nephthys
They didn't "raise" it as in lift it, it clearly has some kind of thing where a Jedi can get it to open by itself by connecting to it. They just forced it open, like hotwiring a car. Turning a key ain't no big thang though.

FreshestSlice
Considering Satele herself later states that if Jace hadn't rescued her, she would have died, I would disagree. She was pushed to her limits, and in that situation it doesn't make much sense to hold anything back. Right that's called logical proof, and its what I'm disputing. thumb up
Well since this has devolved into semantics, and that'll go nowhere, we're just going to agree Kanan dies.

Syndicate
OK, but he's really not in Satele's league.

And that temple was some kind of Force conduit, even if they'd have a harder time of it, it was still designed to channel the Force.

Didn't say he was but after recently reading a New Dawn I don't think he's getting overwhelmed.

Nephthys
Well comparing this Kanan has blitzed storm troopers while Satele had blitzed Sith.

How is this remotely comparable?

Syndicate
They didn't "raise" it as in lift it, it clearly has some kind of thing where a Jedi can get it to open by itself by connecting to it. They just forced it open, like hotwiring a car. Turning a key ain't no big thang though.

That's possible but then we don't know that for sure. Regardless the 5th brother and 7th Sister have decent TK feats apart from that.

Syndicate
How is this remotely comparable?

It's not though I do question the quality of these Sith troopers.

|King Joker|
They didn't "raise" it as in lift it, it clearly has some kind of thing where a Jedi can get it to open by itself by connecting to it. They just forced it open, like hotwiring a car. Turning a key ain't no big thang though. thumb up

Also, Syndicate, when has Kanan blitzed stormtroopers?

Darth Abonis
Satele and Kao stomp

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
People always seem to forget Satele pulling down a massive tree while saberlocking Malgus with one hand. Team 2 definitely.

FreshestSlice
Who is people? How many legit support Team 1 in this thread?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Syndicate. smile

FreshestSlice
Surprise!

Syndicate
Originally posted by |King Joker|
thumb up

Also, Syndicate, when has Kanan blitzed stormtroopers?

http://static2.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11122/111220339/5068731-blitzes+stormtroopers.jpg

Fated Xtasy
heh, the artist sure does enjoy their half naked Kanan

Emperordmb
Better than the DE peeps who had Palpatine fighting Luke butt naked.

Syndicate
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
heh, the artist sure does enjoy their half naked Kanan

I know I do. wink

Tondemonai
It's kek worthy that people still debate this. Kao Cen Daraxh was the Jedi Battlemaster, and Satele was one of the strongest Jedi in the entire order at the time of the Battle of Alderaan.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Tondemonai
It's kek worthy that people still debate this. Kao Cen Daraxh was the Jedi Battlemaster, and Satele was one of the strongest Jedi in the entire order at the time of the Battle of Alderaan.
Being Battlemaster is not proof of power on it's own, especially considering the one before the HoT is TOR is shot to death by a bounty hunter, and when was it said Satele was the strongest Jedi in the Order?

Col. Valerian
Being Battlemaster is not proof of power on it's own, especially considering the one before the HoT is TOR is shot to death by a bounty hunter, and when was it said Satele was the strongest Jedi in the Order?

I always thought there was a definite inconsistency regarding the abilities and skills of Jedi Battlemasters. I mean, to be a Battlemaster you have to be a master of all forms, and being a master of all forms would pretty much make you a master swordsman with unparalleled dueling skills and thus second to none in that area.

It's just plain dumb to have a bounty hunter shooting and killing a BM, as well as Anakin completely tooling Cin Drallig in RotS, and Kas'im being handily defeated by Bane, etc.

The SW universe highly underestimates how skillful a BM should be imo.

Nephthys
The bounty hunter who shot and killed a Battlemaster was THE Bounty Hunter aka the player character Grand Champion of the Great Hunt.

As in, the same guy who defeated a Mandalore contestant after getting shot with a sniper 4 times, solo'd one of Vitiates massive Sithspawn that had slaughtered every Mandalorian sent after it, solo'd a Jedi Master and his apprentice at point blank range, solo'd a Jedi Strike team, blitzed a Jedi, decimated the Green Jedi, whooped a Sith on Dromund Kaas, shitstomped the GenoHaradan, defeated a Darth powerful enough to blitz other Darths and a host of other insane shit I've forgotten.

The Champ is one of the best non-force sensitives in history, easily up there with Boba and Jango Fett and GG.

Also it wasn't that Kas'im was underestimated, his abilities were made extremely clear in the novel, its just that Bane was better. smile

Col. Valerian
The bounty hunter who shot and killed a Battlemaster was THE Bounty Hunter aka the player character Grand Champion of the Great Hunt.

As in, the same guy who defeated a Mandalore contestant after getting shot with a sniper 4 times, solo'd one of Vitiates massive Sithspawn that had slaughtered every Mandalorian sent after it, solo'd a Jedi Master and his apprentice at point blank range, solo'd a Jedi Strike team, blitzed a Jedi, whooped a Sith on Dromund Kaas, defeated a Darth powerful enough to blitz other Darths and a host of other insane shit I've forgotten.

The Champ is one of the best non-force sensitives in history, easily up there with Boba and Jango Fett and GG.

Rite. How could I forget the Champ did it?? I need to replay that story, it's one of the most enjoyable.

FreshestSlice

As in, the same guy who defeated a Mandalore contestant after getting shot with a sniper 4 times,
Makes you Ventress level.

Makes you Obi-Wan level.

Makes you Maul.

Practically Sidious. No need to say anything else.

Damn.

Not fodder at all. Even if they showed up once and then promptly died.

A list of people that ran from and were one shotted by actual powerful jedi, including a 14 year old.

Like I said not proof of power at all on its own.

Syndicate
I tend to agree with Dooku's opinion that a master of a single form that devotes himself totally to it would easily defeat a BM who's focus is spread out between all of them.

Also the GCGH sounds like a badass. Wasn't he part of the strike team that faced Malgus?

FreshestSlice
That was Dooku as a child. And power kind of matters a lot as well, so you can't blanket statement like that. The HoT would destroy, and has, pretty much any master of a single form that's faced him.

Syndicate
That was Dooku as a child. And power kind of matters a lot as well, so you can't blanket statement like that. The HoT would destroy, and has, pretty much any master of a single form that's faced him.

And I agree with child Dooku. :#

Well yes you're correct. If an opponent is vastly more powerful and can augment themselves to a much higher degree then they can simply blitz like Sidious did with the B team.

Nephthys
Makes you Maul.

Defeating a Jedi Master who slaughtered over a hundred Mando's in a single battle and then spent 15 years improving and taking down anyone sent after him and his apprentice at the same time, starting the battle with his lightsaber 2 feet from your face without a melee weapon IS kind of a Maul type feat, yeah.

Makes you Ventress level.

Makes you Obi-Wan level.
Practically Sidious. No need to say anything else.

Damn.

Not fodder at all. Even if they showed up once and then promptly died.

https://media.giphy.com/media/fx4msdUIB5mHm/giphy.gif

Those are good feats and you know it. Don't be a petulant ass.

A list of people that ran from and were one shotted by actual powerful jedi, including a 14 year old.

Boba has defeated Jaina and Abeloth, b*tch.

Like I said not proof of power at all on its own.

It totally is though.

Also the GCGH sounds like a badass. Wasn't he part of the strike team that faced Malgus?

Yeah, and Revan.

FreshestSlice
Defeating a Jedi Master who slaughtered over a hundred Mando's in a single battle and then spent 15 years improving and taking down anyone sent after him and his apprentice at the same time, starting the battle with his lightsaber 2 feet from your face without a melee weapon IS kind of a Maul type feat, yeah.

It really isn't. Killing a ____ number of ____ has got to be the most common thing applied as hype in the mythos.

Being a super cool muggle doesn't change that it's fodder. Like at all. It makes the GCotG impressive, for a non Force Sensitive, not the greatest being of all time that excuses loses to them.

Go ahead and stop talking now.

No, it really isn't. Being the battlemaster is a testament to skill, and skill alone. Not a degree of power, and not a degree of actual battlefield application. Which is why this random who shows up exactly once in person is dead now.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.