Cap and Legolas trade movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FrothByte
Not a direct fight but a competition on who can perform better if they swapped places. Captain America takes Legolas' place in the LOTR and Hobbit movies. Legolas takes Cap's place in TFA, Avengers, TWS and AOU.

Standard gear for both. Who performs better? Do they make it to the end of the movies?

KingD19
Cap I think would do better. He won't hold back against orcs and uruk and goblins so he'll be one shotting them the entire time. Helms Deep might end up the same if he can't bonk his shield off the berserkers head. But he'd definitely kill Bolg the first time they met for example. Although if he didn't have access to Legolas dad's elf army, they'd be screwed.

Also at least in the Avengers movies, Legolas is outshined by Clint.

quanchi112
Clint is far better than Legolas. Cap would decimate the orcs and crush Bolg.

Mindset
Thor kills Legolas in Avengers.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mindset
Thor kills Legolas in Avengers. Kt backs down from this thread.

Robtard
Originally posted by Mindset
Thor kills Legolas in Avengers.

Nah, he'd see Legolas as someone from Alfheim, an ally.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Cap would not crush Bolg first of all, that is completely false. There would be no such crushing. Clint can't even hold Legolas jock strap, let alone is he better.

Here's the thing, and as I explained in the other thread. Cap is simply not more skilled than Legolas. He's more durable and has better stamina.. stronger even... but not more skilled. Skill is skill. Cap would possible survive Legolas's feats but it won't be as skillfully done and he'd struggle a lot more. He has no range weapons. When Legolas is shooting people from hundreds of feet away before they are a factor... what does Cap do in that situation. He just allowed more enemies to get closer to him and the people he cares about. a MUCH worse and tactically inferior choice. Same with the barrel scene... how exactly does Cap get passed that scene... by going up to each one and punching them or kicking them? Legolas was eliminating people from distance. Thus FAR more people would be around Cap attacking him than Legolas because he couldn't eliminate them as quickly and from distance as Legolas did.

To summarize I'm not even sure Cap could pull it off. He'd have to deal with more enemies surrounding him from not being able to take them out as fast as Legolas and from that distance. MANY MORE ALLIES would die in the process as well. How many times did we see Legolas shoot arrows into people JUST as they were about to attack dwarves, hobbits, shit even Aragorn was saved a few times from Legolas shooting people about to attack him from behind. In conclusion many more allies die if Cap takes Legolas place, and he likely fails to see the end of the movie. He might, his durability, skill and stamina might be enough for the added numbers he'd face, but in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM DOES HE DOES IT AS EASILY AND EFFECTIVELY as LEGOLAS. Not a chance in hell for that.

Legolas in Cap shoes... He would destroy Batroc EASIER than Cap did... He simply be jumping around popping arrows in him till he went down. Easy victory. Bucky would be tougher, but again legolas isn't going to confront bucky h2h like Cap did. He likely keep his distance keep dodging and ducking... keep shooting arrows till Bucky went down. Who knows maybe Bucky could simply keep going and eventually get to Legolas. I assume it's possible. I just think if Legolas fights smart, he has the needed advantages over Bucky to win. I see him struggling more than Cap in the Jet scene for example. Anything military related, I'd say Cap would do it easier. Thus, Legolas, like Cap might not see the end of the movie.

FrothByte
So you don't think WS would pull out a gun on Legolas if Legolas decides to keep his distance and play archer?

Arachnid1
Cap was being overwhelmed in Avengers. I don't see him beating hundreds of orcs and whatnot in flat out hand to hand. He'd get overwhelmed eventually.

Legolas does pretty well since he gets access to his arrows on top of his agility. It's almost like if you give Cap a gun. Winter Soldier would have been dead instantly. Red Skull wouldn't have survived. Long range weaponry makes all the difference.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Cap was being overwhelmed in Avengers. I don't see him beating hundreds of orcs and whatnot in flat out hand to hand. He'd get overwhelmed eventually.

Legolas does pretty well since he gets access to his arrows on top of his agility. It's almost like if you give Cap a gun. Winter Soldier would have been dead instantly. Red Skull wouldn't have survived. Long range weaponry makes all the difference.

So how do you think Legolas does when Red Skull and WS start using guns?

Utrigita
They both die (eventually), they simply isn't "tailored" to manage the situations the other character is ending up in. Legolas lacks Caps strength and Shield, Cap lacks Legolas agility and bow.

Inhuman
Legolas wont be able to take out a Shield Aircraft by his lonesome.
Legolas wont be able to survive being in Ice for 80 years.
Legolas wouldnt be able to handle being shot several times and stabbed a couple times and keep fighting Bucky.
Most importantly Legolas wont be able to overpower a helicopter.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by FrothByte
So you don't think WS would pull out a gun on Legolas if Legolas decides to keep his distance and play archer?

I'd think not... So we'd give advanced Alien tech against middle earth combatants... and yet gives primitive weaponry in an advanced age of weapons? That seems odd.

Do you or do you not agree that many more allies would die if Cap replaced legolas in LOTR?

FrothByte
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
I'd think not... So we'd give advanced Alien tech against middle earth combatants... and yet gives primitive weaponry in an advanced age of weapons? That seems odd.

Do you or do you not agree that many more allies would die if Cap replaced legolas in LOTR?

Maybe, maybe not. I think Cap will take out just as many combatants as Legolas did just differently. Whether that will increase or decrease the number of ally casualties is a question mark. I do know that Legolas will have a harder time in the MCU world than Cap does in the LOTR world.

KuRuPT Thanosi
It's logically impossible for more allies NOT to die. Impossible. Any logical line of reasoning comes to the conclusion that more people die. As I stated Legolas Literally took guys out at distance with his arrows SAVING people. He was NO WHERE near them. Sometimes over 50 feet away. Now unless you drink so much Cap Kool-Aid that you believe he can travel faster than a arrow in 50 feet.. well, if not, more allies die.

In there Journey to Helms Deep... He was literally shooting dudes off of their beasts before they could get to his allies. He was taking them out left and right. Cap, wouldn't be able to, that means more enemies attacking his allies. With legolas taking dudes out, they still killed some of his allies, shit Aragorn almost died. More enemies means more allies die.

Same with Helms Deep.. Legolas was again taking dudes out at distance... before they could climb ladders or do anything. Cap wouldn't be able to. Again more enemies yada yada yada. Same with the Barrel Scene, again the was killing them from across the river as they were about o shot or strike at the dwarves. More would've died.

Did you watch the directors cut?? In that version he shot the big bat and had it fly near the enemy and probably took out 100's just in the move swinging his sword as the blat flew him. Even if we exclude that, he still got up to a point Cap would've never been able to... and he was killing people from distance about to attack Thorin. Cap would've never been able to do that.

Shit, how would he have saved his love? he was out of position and had to fly down and impale a Troll with his sword through the head and then guide him to knock over that tower. Cap wouldn't have been able to accomplish the same thing.

It's literally impossible for more allies to not have died replacing the two. To say nothing of Legolas acute senses and distance seeing. He saw enemies coming before cap would.. which again... time means preparation ... means less people die.

FrothByte
It's logically impossible for more allies NOT to die. Impossible. Any logical line of reasoning comes to the conclusion that more people die. As I stated Legolas Literally took guys out at distance with his arrows SAVING people. He was NO WHERE near them. Sometimes over 50 feet away. Now unless you drink so much Cap Kool-Aid that you believe he can travel faster than a arrow in 50 feet.. well, if not, more allies die.

In there Journey to Helms Deep... He was literally shooting dudes off of their beasts before they could get to his allies. He was taking them out left and right. Cap, wouldn't be able to, that means more enemies attacking his allies. With legolas taking dudes out, they still killed some of his allies, shit Aragorn almost died. More enemies means more allies die.

Same with Helms Deep.. Legolas was again taking dudes out at distance... before they could climb ladders or do anything. Cap wouldn't be able to. Again more enemies yada yada yada. Same with the Barrel Scene, again the was killing them from across the river as they were about o shot or strike at the dwarves. More would've died.

Did you watch the directors cut?? In that version he shot the big bat and had it fly near the enemy and probably took out 100's just in the move swinging his sword as the blat flew him. Even if we exclude that, he still got up to a point Cap would've never been able to... and he was killing people from distance about to attack Thorin. Cap would've never been able to do that.

Shit, how would he have saved his love? he was out of position and had to fly down and impale a Troll with his sword through the head and then guide him to knock over that tower. Cap wouldn't have been able to accomplish the same thing.

It's literally impossible for more allies to not have died replacing the two. To say nothing of Legolas acute senses and distance seeing. He saw enemies coming before cap would.. which again... time means preparation ... means less people die.

Hmm lets see... maybe because Cap is a better tactician than Legolas and can greatly reduce death tolls by implementing sound battle plans? Maybe because Cap's shield can rebound off multiple enemies before coming back to him? Maybe because since Cap is stronger than anyone else on the Fellowship he'd be able to accomplish things none of them is able to do?

quanchi112
Kt is showing his bias again. He's such a Legolas fanboy. Bolg
Beat him up. Cap wrecks him. Let's see though.

KuRuPT Thanosi
yeah, so nothing. I accept your concession. So you believe he can move faster than Legolas can shoot his arrows? Jesus man, if you truly believe that I feel bad for you. Legolas takes people from distance.. Cap would need to get close... THAT IS MORE TIME DEALING WITH PEOPLE Legolas would've shot and moved on from already. Yet somehow, his tactics means... he'll kill people before Legolas can at distance LMAO.. or his strength will enable him to kill people at distance faster and easier than Legolas. Ohhhh tha shield. OF COURSE... that MUST help Cap kill people at distance easier and with more efficiency than Legolas did, it would have to since you feel he does as good or better. What a crock of crap. Literally NOTHING you said there means less allies die... NONE. To even believe more enemies don't die, tells me you're unable to properly debate this topic. it's logical impossible for more people NOT to die.

FrothByte
yeah, so nothing. I accept your concession. So you believe he can move faster than Legolas can shoot his arrows? Jesus man, if you truly believe that I feel bad for you. Legolas takes people from distance.. Cap would need to get close... THAT IS MORE TIME DEALING WITH PEOPLE Legolas would've shot and moved on from already. Yet somehow, his tactics means... he'll kill people before Legolas can at distance LMAO.. or his strength will enable him to kill people at distance faster and easier than Legolas. Ohhhh tha shield. OF COURSE... that MUST help Cap kill people at distance easier and with more efficiency than Legolas did, it would have to since you feel he does as good or better. What a crock of crap. Literally NOTHING you said there means less allies die... NONE. To even believe more enemies don't die, tells me you're unable to properly debate this topic. it's logical impossible for more people NOT to die.

Who said anything about killing more enemies? You were asking about whether more or less allies would die. Are you telling me that proper battle tactics play no part in whether more or less allies die?

quanchi112
yeah, so nothing. I accept your concession. So you believe he can move faster than Legolas can shoot his arrows? Jesus man, if you truly believe that I feel bad for you. Legolas takes people from distance.. Cap would need to get close... THAT IS MORE TIME DEALING WITH PEOPLE Legolas would've shot and moved on from already. Yet somehow, his tactics means... he'll kill people before Legolas can at distance LMAO.. or his strength will enable him to kill people at distance faster and easier than Legolas. Ohhhh tha shield. OF COURSE... that MUST help Cap kill people at distance easier and with more efficiency than Legolas did, it would have to since you feel he does as good or better. What a crock of crap. Literally NOTHING you said there means less allies die... NONE. To even believe more enemies don't die, tells me you're unable to properly debate this topic. it's logical impossible for more people NOT to die. You can't even answer his question and you just flame him. You don't even comprehend the question and the relevance of it. This is why no one takes you seriously.

Placidity
Originally posted by Utrigita
They both die (eventually), they simply isn't "tailored" to manage the situations the other character is ending up in. Legolas lacks Caps strength and Shield, Cap lacks Legolas agility and bow.

This.

Although I don't think they would necessarily die, but most likely fail.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by FrothByte
So how do you think Legolas does when Red Skull and WS start using guns? Did Red Skull ever use a gun? Its been a while since I've seen it.

For WS, he'll have to be pretty accurate and deadly. If he misses one shot, he's going to get a perfect kill arrow in the head or heart. I see Legolos killing him with his arrow before he gets a good shot in on such an agile and moving character.

Now, if they are switching gear between each other like some are saying, neither does well.

Mindset
Originally posted by Robtard
Nah, he'd see Legolas as someone from Alfheim, an ally. Cap was an ally and Thor tried to kill him.

Legolas has no shield, he'll get his head caved in.

Mindset
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Did Red Skull ever use a gun? Its been a while since I've seen it.

For WS, he'll have to be pretty accurate and deadly. If he misses one shot, he's going to get a perfect kill arrow in the head or heart. I see Legolos killing him with his arrow before he gets a good shot in on such an agile and moving character.

Now, if they are switching gear between each other like some are saying, neither does well. WS would block the arrows with his arm and murder Legolas.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.