Mr. Majestic vs Thor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
This is Maj at his solar system arranging best against warrior madness Thor with his belt of strength and mjolnir, Maj gets his blades for this fight which takes place on a dead moon. Who wins and why?

abhilegend
Thor.

ghostman
majestic, nanosecond reflexes and speed advantage for the win.

Galan007
Majestic is at a strength disadvantage. Thor is at a speed disadvantage... mmm

ghostman
Originally posted by Galan007

mr majestic has better quantifiable strength feats though...... striking strength is def in thors favor though, but that wont matter if he cant hit him.

also having a speed disadvantage at this level is a ****ing disaster, add to the fact he has his creation blades and this is a terrible TERRIBLE match up for thor.

D-Block
Thor

Galan007
Originally posted by ghostman
mr majestic has better quantifiable strength feats though...... striking strength is def in thors favor though, but that wont matter if he cant hit him.

also having a speed disadvantage at this level is a ****ing disaster, add to the fact he has his creation blades and this is a terrible TERRIBLE match up for thor. Majestic sports the Kusar Blades as standard equipment. Not the Creation Blades.

The Kusars, while haxx in their own right, still aren't quite as haxx as the Creation Blades... They'd still flay Thor given then chance, though. That's for sure.

krisblaze
Like with Superman this is a bad matchup for Thor.

Majestic is ruthless with his blades, but I think that might spur Thor to not hold back and unleash some of his more fierce attacks.

the Darkone
This a Thor with warrior madness which his strength goes up by 10x with the belt of strength which doubles for Thor, that would put odinson at 20x strength his damage soak increase with warrior madness plus you throw in Mjohlnr and Thor is will willing to kill majestic is screwed, Thor is too damn versatile

Galan007
Warrior Madness is kind of a double-edged sword, though. Yes it makes him stronger, but on the flipside, it also makes him more tunnel-visioned and brutish. IOW, he's probably not going to step back and tactically think anything through--he's more apt to just blindly attack.

That *could*, potentially, leave him vulnerable to some stabby-stabs from the Kusars. Unbridled rage can be very counterproductive. /shrug

the Darkone
Warrior Madness is kind of a double-edged sword, though. Yes it makes him stronger, but on the flipside, it also makes him more tunnel-visioned and brutish. IOW, he's probably not going to step back and tactically think anything through--he's more apt to just blindly attack.

That *could*, potentially, leave him vulnerable to some stabby-stabs from the Kusars. Unbridled rage can be very counterproductive. /shrug

True, if we believe that Thor in this state is thinking while in enraged it won't go well for majestic, for Thor can unleashed ungodly amount attacks even majestic will be overwhelmed for any herald of majestic class

celeyhyga17
Maj has a pretty ok chance to win here with blades if he's ruthless enough. Thor will most likely fight like an enraged troll. At most he'll only use amped hammer shots and lightning blasts as far as versatility goes.

h1a8
Speed advantage plus blades = win

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by h1a8
Speed advantage plus blades = win
That's why I say he has a pretty ok chance. It's one coupled with the other.

the Darkone
Thor does have high end pain thrash hold, if maj try's to trade blows with this version of Thor he would get a$$ raped big time. Maj better pray Thor doesn't start dishing out his exotic powers, it would greatly diminished maj chance of getting a win

ShadowFyre
Yeah, I'm going with Majestic here and it's good to see other fans vote against their favorite when he is at an obvious disadvantage. Like posted earlier, this is a bad matchup for Thor, I will argue anyone says that Majestic just wtf blitzes him but Maj is most definitely faster and those Creation Blades are op when being used by someone that fast and strong. Jarnborn might actually be better suited to fight the blades as it is longer and better suited for defending against a physical object as opposed to Mjolnir's dominating the enerrgy and magical world.

Anyway, unless Thor gets some lucky hits in and is able to disarm and stun Maj long enough to possibly ground and pound or somehow gain a distinct advantage in the fight I feel like Maj will take a decent majority.

Khazra Reborn
We've technically never seen Thor in Warriors Madness, so we have no idea what 10x Thor would really entail.

That said, Thor in rage mode, not holding back at 2x strength will ruin Majestros with one or two shots. On the flip side we've seen Malekith turn Thor's liver into broken glass, and not bat an eye. So, unless Maj literally cuts Thor's head off in full on speed blitz mode (which he won't/has never done/ may not be capable of any ways) he's going to have s bad night.

ghostman
im secretly in love with majestic love

carver9
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
We've technically never seen Thor in Warriors Madness, so we have no idea what 10x Thor would really entail.

That said, Thor in rage mode, not holding back at 2x strength will ruin Majestros with one or two shots. On the flip side we've seen Malekith turn Thor's liver into broken glass, and not bat an eye. So, unless Maj literally cuts Thor's head off in full on speed blitz mode (which he won't/has never done/ may not be capable of any ways) he's going to have s bad night.

He went WM against Hulk.

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by carver9
He went WM against Hulk.

Definitely not. He didn't even have his own power at that time. He was artificially powered by the Leader.

carver9
Definitely not. He didn't even have his own power at that time. He was artificially powered by the Leader.

And admitted twice that his power were "restored". Can't get any clearer than this.

Khazra Reborn
And admitted twice that his power were "restored". Can't get any clearer than this.

No. He didn't know he was being powered by The Leader. His power wasn't restored until the World Tree was fixed, which was way later.

carver9
No. He didn't know he was being powered by The Leader. His power wasn't restored until the World Tree was fixed, which was way later.

Lol...the point is going completely over your head. The power Leader gave him was enough power for Thor to believe he was at full power. His power was restored. He was throwing around lightning bolt and everything. Thor who has complete knowledge of his power level felt as if his power were restored. This is simple. Even though he was amplified by leader, he still felt as if he was as powerful as his true self, to the point of facing the Hulk when beforehand, he was crying because he didn't have his godly power to face the Hulk.

Add in the fact that Warrior Madness doesn't have anything to do with power level, it's more focused on you being an Asgardian, yeah, amazing showing for the Hulk.

celeyhyga17
Carver. I already went through this with you in a prolonged thread.
Him being powered by the Leader =/= to him getting back his own power.

thumb up

celeyhyga17
Lol...the point is going completely over your head. The power Leader gave him was enough power for Thor to believe he was at full power. His power was restored. He was throwing around lightning bolt and everything. Thor who has complete knowledge of his power level felt as if his power were restored. This is simple. Even though he was amplified by leader, he still felt as if he was as powerful as his true self, to the point of facing the Hulk when beforehand, he was crying because he didn't have his godly power to face the Hulk.

Add in the fact that Warrior Madness doesn't have anything to do with power level, it's more focused on you being an Asgardian, yeah, amazing showing for the Hulk.
I can show you Thor thinking he's hitting with all his might, but actually subconsciously holding back.

Khazra Reborn

You're trying way too hard. Thor didn't have his power, he was artificially powered by The Leader. It wasn't his normal power, therefore there's literally no way you can argue that bullshit would be 10x Thor's normal power. That's absolutely asinine.

Galan007
That's absolutely asinine. Oddly enough, 'asinine' rhymes with 'carver9'.

Coincidence? I'll let you be the judge of that. smile

Khazra Reborn
Oddly enough, 'asinine' rhymes with 'carver9'.

Coincidence? I'll let you be the judge of that. smile

https://media2.giphy.com/media/jzQXsabuFUUX6/200w.gif

Horrificus
Thor just tosses the hammer and remote controls it until it catches up to Maj, as he did with the lackey of the Beyonders.

Mjolnir. It's the "feel good" weapon of the season.

carver9
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Carver. I already went through this with you in a prolonged thread.
Him being powered by the Leader =/= to him getting back his own power.

thumb up

We did. I could've swore we agreed to disagree?

lawest9
Majestic wins. 8/10

celeyhyga17
We did. I could've swore we agreed to disagree?

thumb up
As long as you agree he was artificially powered by the Leader. If you think that's the same as him retrieving his original power, fine that's your prerogative.

quanchi112
https://media2.giphy.com/media/jzQXsabuFUUX6/200w.gif laughing out loud

One Big Mob
Oddly enough, 'asinine' rhymes with 'carver9'.

Coincidence? I'll let you be the judge of that. smile So does fine, shine, and dine as in Carver dines on the souls of posters.

Also Columbine as in Carver leaves a massacre in his wake.

Khazra Reborn
thumb up
As long as you agree he was artificially powered by the Leader. If you think that's the same as him retrieving his original power, fine that's your prerogative.

It's not even a question of 'if', Thor was absolutely powered by The Leader. If Carver had actually read the story he'd know that, instead of just fishing for Hulk feats every which way.

carver9
thumb up

Yep, he was artificially powered to the point of thinking he was at full power. I agree.

carver9
It's not even a question of 'if', Thor was absolutely powered by The Leader. If Carver had actually read the story he'd know that, instead of just fishing for Hulk feats every which way.

Close your eyes and picture a tree, now picture a bird flying over that tree. That's how I feel my post/point was when I quoted you. It went completely over your head. At what point in my posts did I say Thor didn't receive anything from Leader? Reread my post. My bad, read them.

Khazra Reborn
Close your eyes and picture a tree, now picture a bird flying over that tree. That's how I feel my post/point was when I quoted you. It went completely over your head. At what point in my posts did I say Thor didn't receive anything from Leader? Reread my post. My bad, read them.

I did read your post, dingus. You're trying to insinuate that semi brainwashed angry Thor being powered by Leader is somehow = Thor x 10. Because you live in Hulk's purple pants, and try to fish out a Hulk feat from anything.

If Thor was amped 10x he'd kill Hulk with his pointer finger.

celeyhyga17
Yep, he was artificially powered to the point of thinking he was at full power. I agree.
Leader empowered Thor vs Regular Thor. Who wins?

carver9
I did read your post, dingus. You're trying to insinuate that semi brainwashed angry Thor being powered by Leader is somehow = Thor x 10. Because you live in Hulk's purple pants, and try to fish out a Hulk feat from anything.

If Thor was amped 10x he'd kill Hulk with his pointer finger.

So what do we have here? Thor taps his hammer on the ground, thinking he got his FULL power back (ya know, the amp Leader gave him that felt identical to his true power), he rush out there to fight Hulk and does better than he usually does. So what happens next, he goes Warrior Madness. Thor is still Asgardian and what does Warrior Madness do for an Asgardian, it amps them. No way around this.

Let's use another way for you to understand this. Let's say if Thor and Hulk fought but before hand, Hulk was powerless. Hulk before facing Thor is hit by a beam of radiation, different form of radiation. and screams out "MY POWER IS RESTORED". Him and Thor then clash, dialog tells us Hulk is as angry as ever...reached heights of anger he's never reach before. Am I suppose to believe that Hulk wasn't physically more powerful than ever due to him getting his power from another source?

Thor believed his powers were restored. Add in the fact that he went warrior Madness while having his power restored by another source (Leader), I feel sure that he was amped by the madness.

carver9
Leader empowered Thor vs Regular Thor. Who wins?

I don't know. Probably stalemate since Thor felt his powers were 100% (they did start depleting issues later).

celeyhyga17
I don't know. Probably stalemate since Thor felt his powers were 100% (they did start depleting issues later).
sdurug

carver9
Lol

Mindset
Majestic cuts Thor's dick off and eats it.

Horrificus

Add in the fact that Warrior Madness doesn't have anything to do with power level, it's more focused on you being an Asgardian, yeah, amazing showing for the Hulk. i think what carver is saying is this-

1. Thor usually contains X amount of power. Regardless of where it comes from. X is Thor at full power.

2. When being powered by the Leader, Thor was brought back up to X amount of power. Regardless of where the power came from, Thor's tank was "full". Not over, or under. Which is probably y it was stated on-panel. Just to say Thor was not over-amped, just brought back to "normal".

So, I thonk he is simply stating that Thor was, technically, at his normal power level, regardless of it's source.

Unless im wrong.

Khazra Reborn
So what do we have here? Thor taps his hammer on the ground, thinking he got his FULL power back (ya know, the amp Leader gave him that felt identical to his true power), he rush out there to fight Hulk and does better than he usually does. So what happens next, he goes Warrior Madness. Thor is still Asgardian and what does Warrior Madness do for an Asgardian, it amps them. No way around this.

Let's use another way for you to understand this. Let's say if Thor and Hulk fought but before hand, Hulk was powerless. Hulk before facing Thor is hit by a beam of radiation, different form of radiation. and screams out "MY POWER IS RESTORED". Him and Thor then clash, dialog tells us Hulk is as angry as ever...reached heights of anger he's never reach before. Am I suppose to believe that Hulk wasn't physically more powerful than ever due to him getting his power from another source?

Thor believed his powers were restored. Add in the fact that he went warrior Madness while having his power restored by another source (Leader), I feel sure that he was amped by the madness.

Listen up, ya dunder head. It doesn't matter what he said, it wasn't his power, do you really think some third rate loser like Leader is going to make Thor more powerful than a hybrid Elder God and Asgardian? Not likely. Remember when Thor was in this state of mind in Blood and Thunder with his power? What happened there?

He was phucking up teams of heralds.

Better than he usually does? That's cute. Thor has one shot Hulk twice, one with lightning, and once with a backhand.

Since you seem to know so much about the Warrior's Madness, then I'm sure you know that when one enters that state, the victim becomes so mentally broken that they can never come back from it. In fact when Thor was close to it, not even there mind you, it took almost everything Odin had to repair Thor's mind, it's not just some phucking goofy dragon ball shit where he can flip a 10x switch and that's that.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Horrificus
i think what carver is saying is this-

1. Thor usually contains X amount of power. Regardless of where it comes from. X is Thor at full power.

2. When being powered by the Leader, Thor was brought back up to X amount of power. Regardless of where the power came from, Thor's tank was "full". Not over, or under. Which is probably y it was stated on-panel. Just to say Thor was not over-amped, just brought back to "normal".

So, I thonk he is simply stating that Thor was, technically, at his normal power level, regardless of it's source.

Unless im wrong.
I know exactly what he's saying. Imo it's faulty reasoning that's all.

Anyways... Just realized if this is true WM Thor w/BoS, it may be too much. I'm factoring Maj's speed advantage, but Thor does have beastly damage soak feats from cutting weaps.

Galan007
The Kusars are sharp enough to cut Majestic, just by lightly touching his skin:
http://i.imgur.com/FTWwe70.png

They can also block energy attacks:
http://i.imgur.com/l2RfZD7.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/7YBqO5u.jpg
...But that's neither here nor there.

Anyway, couple the sharpness of the Kusars, with Majestic's nanosecond perception/reaction speed + Superman-level strength:
http://i.imgur.com/KV6ItVE.jpg

And the blades are absolutely going to flay Thor like a hot knife through butter. Whether or not he'd be able to survive Majestic's initial salvo is another story... Especially if he blitzed with an attack akin to this:
http://pa1.narvii.com/5760/39a5ea5de7c8c5827825b206fe68a6739366eddd_hq.gif

celeyhyga17
I think he will be able to sustain damage then fend off even if Maj gets the jump on him due to superior speed. But when Thor connects(cue in his reaction feats stick out tongue ), a 20x amp as per the op is really hard to get around. And there's lightning omniblasts and charged strikes as I believe he won't go any more esoteric than that at an enraged state. Maybe a random wind attack? Maybe.

Galan007
I think he will be able to sustain damage then fend off even if Maj gets the jump on him due to superior speed. But when Thor connects(cue in his reaction feats stick out tongue ), a 20x amp as per the op is really hard to get around. And there's lightning omniblasts and charged strikes as I believe he won't go any more esoteric than that at an enraged state. Maybe a random wind attack? Maybe. Yeah, reading the OP again, I think the thread starter was under the impression that Majestic was 'amped' or somesuch when he rearranged the solar system. He wasn't. That's his standard level.

Anyway, if Majestic goes into this battle knowing that Thor's strength is boosted by a factor of 20x, then I think he'd actually use his massive speed advantage to the best of his ability, and Thor would never connect. If Majestic doesn't know this going in, however, then Thor is more likely to land a strike... Which would, at the very least, KO him.

carver9
Listen up, ya dunder head. It doesn't matter what he said, it wasn't his power, do you really think some third rate loser like Leader is going to make Thor more powerful than a hybrid Elder God and Asgardian? Not likely. Remember when Thor was in this state of mind in Blood and Thunder with his power? What happened there?

He was phucking up teams of heralds.

Better than he usually does? That's cute. Thor has one shot Hulk twice, one with lightning, and once with a backhand.

Since you seem to know so much about the Warrior's Madness, then I'm sure you know that when one enters that state, the victim becomes so mentally broken that they can never come back from it. In fact when Thor was close to it, not even there mind you, it took almost everything Odin had to repair Thor's mind, it's not just some phucking goofy dragon ball shit where he can flip a 10x switch and that's that.

Lololol...Leader has created beings more powerful than Thor. I have no doubts he could replicate Thor power, hell, he did. To the point of Thor believing he was at full power. Like I said before, no denying this.

Lol...I don't understand why you brought up Thor surprise attacking Hulk with a lightning attack. I would love to see the backhand scan which doesn't matter in what we are talking about. Moments after the Hulk and Thor fight the same Hulk was called the most powerful being on the planet. Thor doing as good as he did he a praise to him.

He was in Warrior Madness per the narrator. Again, no denying this.

quanchi112
laughing out loud

Nah.

celeyhyga17
Yeah, reading the OP again, I think the thread starter was under the impression that Majestic was 'amped' or somesuch when he rearranged the solar system. He wasn't. That's his standard level.

Anyway, if Majestic goes into this battle knowing that Thor's strength is boosted by a factor of 20x, then I think he'd actually use his massive speed advantage to the best of his ability, and Thor would never connect. If Majestic doesn't know this going in, however, then Thor is more likely to land a strike... Which would, at the very least, KO him.
He's not a speedster by comic book standards and does not go around moving at super speeds blitzing everyone, but I think he has the reaction feats to contend. Thor never being able to connect is a bit much.

Galan007
He's not a speedster by comic book standards and does not go around moving at super speeds blitzing everyone, but I think he has the reaction feats to contend. Thor never being able to connect is a bit much. We're talking theoreticals on both sides here. Thor has never entered 'true' Warrior Madness and donned his BoS, and Majestic has never faced an opponent as powerful as him before that he's needed to full-on speedblitz... But we know it's within his 'scope', due to the feats he has displayed.

Anyway, if Majestic uses his nanosecond perception/reaction speed, and blitzes Thor FTL with the Kusar Blades, then no, I highly doubt Thor would ever connect before his head were rolling around on the ground. WM Thor is far too brutish to think about doing more than trying to smash Majestic initially.

But again: if Thor does connect, it's game over for Majestros. No one this side of abstract is enduring strikes from Thor x20.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Mindset
Majestic cuts Thor's dick off and eats it.

thumb up

This thread can be closed now. Pr, do your job.

celeyhyga17
We're talking theoreticals on both sides here. Thor has never entered 'true' Warrior Madness and donned his BoS, and Majestic has never faced an opponent as powerful as him before that he's needed to full-on speedblitz... But we know it's within his 'scope', due to the feats he has displayed.

Anyway, if Majestic uses his nanosecond perception/reaction speed, and blitzes Thor FTL with the Kusar Blades, then no, I highly doubt Thor would ever connect before his head were rolling around on the ground. WM Thor is far too brutish to think about doing more than trying to smash Majestic initially.

Thor has that kind of reaction/speed though. Has exhibited it on many an occasion.

Btw, what's Maj's best speed feats?

But again: if Thor does connect, it's game over for Majestros. No one this side of abstract is enduring strikes from Thor x20.
What I was thinking.
Judging by your scans, those Kusar blades can and will hurt anyone. At first I didn't realize the BoS was here and was attributing B&T Thor for the purposes of this thread. But if this is an actual 20x amp then Maj literally has to go balls to the wall from the get go and will have very little room for mistakes. It's an uphill battle.

Horrificus
I know exactly what he's saying. Imo it's faulty reasoning that's all.

Anyways... Just realized if this is true WM Thor w/BoS, it may be too much. I'm factoring Maj's speed advantage, but Thor does have beastly damage soak feats from cutting weaps. ha! I was actually going to touch on that myself, but u beat me to it.

Thor's history against opponents with bladed or impaling attacks, is higher than any other character in his class.

Stabbings, slashings and even being bitten by Midgard Serpent, have never been able to register the way they should. This might be because he does not gave the same physical properties as other characters, due to his "godhood".

But i dont see any cutting or stabbing weapons making much of a difference. Even from Majestic.

celeyhyga17
ha! I was actually going to touch on that myself, but u beat me to it.

Thor's history against opponents with bladed or impaling attacks, is higher than any other character in his class.

Stabbings, slashings and even being bitten by Midgard Serpent, have never been able to register the way they should. This might be because he does not gave the same physical properties as other characters, due to his "godhood".

But i dont see any cutting or stabbing weapons making much of a difference. Even from Majestic.
Maj can actually take some because he is overall faster and those blades really should do a number on anybody. But not for a majority I think.

quanchi112
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
thumb up

This thread can be closed now. Pr, do your job. Do not make me don Thor's hammer again.

Horrificus
Maj can actually take some because he is overall faster and those blades really should do a number on anybody. But not for a majority I think. i think it would take a decapitation, possibly, for a bladed weapon to help with a win.

Thor has been sliced and stabbed wuth adamantium weapons, magical weapons and even bitten by huge teeth of Midgard Serpent.

Its a tough one.

StiltmanFTW
Thor's been gravely frightened of handgun bullets when without his modern chainmail and Mjolnir to deflect them.

Other showings have him getting bruised by them or outright KO'd.

Majestic would slice him in half.

quanchi112
I say thee nay!!

ghostman
lol @ thor having reaction/reflex speed in the nanosecond range laughing laughing laughing

Galan007
Btw, what's Maj's best speed feats? He can perceive/react on a nanosecond-by-nanosecond basis. He can fly FTL.

quanchi112
lol @ thor having reaction/reflex speed in the nanosecond range laughing laughing laughing Do not doubt Thor.

ghostman
Originally posted by quanchi112
Do not doubt Thor.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111213476/4386172-tom2.png

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111213476/4384797-tom.png

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111213476/4386176-tom4.png

wolverine>>>>>>> thor laughing laughing

lmao nanosecond reactions lmao laughing laughing

StiltmanFTW
Thor's best feat was microseconds, iirc. And it was an outlier.

As for Wolverine, he's f*cking fast when he wants to be, but certainly not a herald level in that department.

ghostman

As for Wolverine, he's f*cking fast when he wants to be, but certainly not a herald level in that department.

also, it was like over 30 years ago right? thor is BLATANTLY not written like that in terms of reflex/combat speed. yeah thor is herald level in travel speed, but reactions/reflexes....? i dont know man he has a few nice speed showings here and there. but also some terribly low ones we cant ignore, and we have to take in consideration how hes written a majority of the time.

StiltmanFTW
Very old feat, yes. Just saying it happened and, technically, still counts... but that's not the way he's generally written. Just as he's not generally written to be able to fly without Mjolnir, etc.

One Big Mob
Lol at the ego on Breevort. I hope he's just joking but he really doesn't seem like it. Half the shit he says is hilarious though.

carver9
I dont take anything he say as fact.

celeyhyga17

His best? Are you sure about that? His little scuffle with Wolverine is more outlier considering all his speed feats.

Very old feat, yes. Just saying it happened and, technically, still counts... but that's not the way he's generally written. Just as he's not generally written to be able to fly without Mjolnir, etc.
Why does it matter if it's still canon. Then again he has feats much later than that are as good if not better.

StiltmanFTW
His best? Are you sure about that? His little scuffle with Wolverine is more outlier considering all his speed feats.

"All his speed feats" being getting Spiderman'd, Cap'd and Daredevil'd? Give me a break, celery.

Why does it matter if it's still canon. Then again he has feats much later than that are as good if not better.

Not really.

celeyhyga17
"All his speed feats" being getting Spiderman'd, Cap'd and Daredevil'd? Give me a break, celery.

Not really.
?

So it's ok to focus in on his lower speed showings and disregard all the times he's dealt or even owned "super speedsters"?

Heck characters that are considered super speedsters by regular comic standards have jobbed every once in a while.

Sure he'll job every so often to lesser opponents, but Thor is as fast as the comic needs him to be. And look at some of the names u put out. Wolverine, Cap, Spidey... With names like that they will have their fair share of tagging opponents they have no business of even touching. But I'm confident their best speed/reaction showings will fail in comparison to Thor's best.

Read some comics.

StiltmanFTW
Super speedsters, like?

Suckering QS with a ground pound...?

Tagging Hermes who has next to zero appearances?

StiltmanFTW
And look at some of the names u put out. Wolverine, Cap, Spidey... With names like that they will have their fair share of tagging opponents they have no business of even touching.

K, fine. You forced me to ---

Angela vin

But I'm confident their best speed/reaction showings will fail in comparison to Thor's best.

I really hope you don't actually believe that.

abhilegend
Even Iron Fist and Black Panther have "microsecond" feats.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11113/111132618/3897780-iron+fist+microsecond+feat.jpgOriginally posted by StiltmanFTW

Not really.
Forget those, Cobra was too fast for Thor when his speed was doubled by Loki.

http://i.imgur.com/elzqMja.jpg

ghostman
I dont take anything he say as fact.

not even when its backed by numerous showings?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by abhilegend
Forget those, Cobra was too fast for Thor when his speed was doubled by Loki.

http://i.imgur.com/elzqMja.jpg

laughing out loud

Took me a second to realize it's that loser Cobra that had Hyde as a partner...

celeyhyga17
Super speedsters, like?

Suckering QS with a ground pound...?

Tagging Hermes who has next to zero appearances?
Except Hermes in his few appearances has shown great speed. Ridiculous statement too considering he is a "god of speed".

And Alt Gladiator, Classic Hyperion, Evil Hyperion, Silver Surfer, Angela, Zefra, and Juvan...

StiltmanFTW
Except Hermes in his few appearances has shown great speed. Ridiculous statement too considering he is a "god of speed".

And Alt Gladiator, Classic Hyperion, Evil Hyperion, Silver Surfer, Angela, Zefra, and Juvan...

Yeah, and Marvel cares so much about their Greek gods... oh wait. They don't.

Alt Gladiator has blitzed Thor to hell.

Surfer has the same problem as Thor - great travelling speed, shitty combat speed. You know that.

Angela dominated Thor because of her speed.

Zefra is literally a z-lister, can't believe you mention her again laughing out loud Just like Rage. Are you two brothers or what?

One Big Mob
Rage is Thor, and Celey is Jane

Former lovers but the hammer was passed and some cancer nurse became greater than the original could ever hope to be.

Stoic
I think that this is a bad match up for Thor. The added power of the warrior's madness is actually detrimental to him here, because in order for him to win, he would have to pull out his more exotic one hitter quitters. The speed gap is a wash in favor of Majestros. This reminds me of the time that Reed had to use a time dilation device in order for them to keep up with Gladiator. Thor's only chance here would be to use his hammer as a cyclone which would enclose him within an impenetrable barrier, and go from there. In WM mode he would go in as a brick and end up as a side of beef.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by One Big Mob

laughing

Cannot be unseen.

One Big Mob
Originally posted by Stoic
I think that this is a bad match up for Thor. The added power of the warrior's madness is actually detrimental to him here, because in order for him to win, he would have to pull out his more exotic one hitter quitters. The speed gap is a wash in favor of Majestros. This reminds me of the time that Reed had to use a time dilation device in order for them to keep up with Gladiator. Thor's only chance here would be to use his hammer as a cyclone which would enclose him within an impenetrable barrier, and go from there. In WM mode he would go in as a brick and end up as a side of beef. Reed didn't create a device to keep up with Glads. He created a device to move in a universe where time was being eaten and time was pretty much at a standstill.

The fact that Gladiator was portrayed about as fast as he ever is in combat compared to people moving normal is nothing short of a miracle. But alt Gladiators and all.

One does not need to create a device to fight Gladiator. You just grab some random meta and arm him with a frozen steak and Gladiator is going to sleep

Stoic
Reed didn't create a device to keep up with Glads. He created a device to move in a universe where time was being eaten and time was pretty much at a standstill.

The fact that Gladiator was portrayed about as fast as he ever is in combat compared to people moving normal is nothing short of a miracle. But alt Gladiators and all.

One does not need to create a device to fight Gladiator. You just grab some random meta and arm him with a frozen steak and Gladiator is going to sleep

I'm saying that Majestic can also move that fast. If this is the case, and he has those blades.. Well you can guess what the conclusion of this will be. Thor is actually going in at less than optimal due to the mind set that he is in. You ever use a food processor before?

celeyhyga17
Yeah, and Marvel cares so much about their Greek gods... oh wait. They don't.

Alt Gladiator has blitzed Thor to hell.

Surfer has the same problem as Thor - great travelling speed, shitty combat speed. You know that.

Angela dominated Thor because of her speed.

Zefra is literally a z-lister, can't believe you mention her again laughing out loud Just like Rage. Are you two brothers or what?
And he's beaten the shiet out of him after no longer holding back.

Surfer on a board is as fast as they come. You know that.

Weakened Thor who was not looking for a fight. Second fight he was holding back and measuring her. Then almost killed her if not for Odin. Mjolnirless Thor basically fought her to a stalemate in the 3rs with him getting the slight advantage.

Zefra is still a speedster and that was the whole point wasn't it? Dealing with speedsters? You know, characters that are generally regarded as being leaps and bounds faster than Cap, Wolvie, and (possibly) Spidey.

Former lovers but the hammer was passed and some cancer nurse became greater than the original could ever hope to be.
Embrace the change bro. Storms a comin.

http://www.scifinow.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Woman-Thor-Jane-Foster.jpg

One Big Mob
I'm saying that Majestic can also move that fast. If this is the case, and he has those blades.. Well you can guess what the conclusion of this will be. Thor is actually going in at less than optimal due to the mind set that he is in. You ever use a food processor before? No he can't. Gladiator iirc was moving like light speed in comparison to the guys ignoring time dilation while everything else was just not moving.

You'd have to do some funky ass shit to calculate how fast Gladiator was going there. It's not even comparable to Thor at that point and only relevant to that universe version of Glads. He was just a really really fast version of Gladiator.

Stoic
No he can't. Gladiator iirc was moving like light speed in comparison to the guys ignoring time dilation while everything else was just not moving.

You'd have to do some funky ass shit to calculate how fast Gladiator was going there. It's not even comparable to Thor at that point and only relevant to that universe version of Glads. He was just a really really fast version of Gladiator.

Okay, so you're saying that Majestic can not move that fast then. In your opinion, even if he can not move as fast as alt Gladiator, would you say that Majestic is still leaps and bounds faster than Thor in terms of H2H combat speed? If you think that he is much faster than Thor, those blades will make this rather one sided rather quickly.

One Big Mob
Okay, so you're saying that Majestic can not move that fast then. In your opinion, even if he can not move as fast as alt Gladiator, would you say that Majestic is still leaps and bounds faster than Thor in terms of H2H combat speed? If you think that he is much faster than Thor, those blades will make this rather one sided rather quickly. Here's what I'm going to say about this battle:

Couldn't give a shit less.

All I'm saying is that some alternate Gladiator who overcame a universal stop through pure speed to only move around Thor's speed is irrelevant to so much shit.

abhilegend
Gladiator was moving at hyperspeed and Thor while millions of times amped in speed and still could only match Gladiator in speed. Originally posted by One Big Mob
No he can't. Gladiator iirc was moving like light speed in comparison to the guys ignoring time dilation while everything else was just not moving.

Hahaha, now Bran is making excuses for Thor?

http://i.imgur.com/GuGcjqu.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/bJcTun9.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/foyPlQ1.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/3j2mUhr.jpg

The world was moving at an infinitesimal speed compared to Thor and the rest of the team or Thor was amped at nearly infinite times in speed.

Yet, Gladiator could fight him due to his speed. That's called Superspeed. Which Thor doesn't has.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/My%20photos/Lulz/tom-cruise-sunglasses.gif

abhilegend
Here's what I'm going to say about this battle:

Couldn't give a shit less.

All I'm saying is that some alternate Gladiator who overcame a universal stop through pure speed to only move around Thor's speed is irrelevant to so much shit.
Wut?

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/My%20photos/Lulz/when-you-see-your-friend-in-the-car-next-to-you-and-try-to-get-their-attention.gif

celeyhyga17
That's called Superspeed. Which Thor doesn't has.

Sure he does. He doesn't go running around blitzing everybody because that's not his thing. He's not a "speedster". But he does have high end speed/reaction feats that show why he never gets overwhelmed by actual speedsters.

One Big Mob
Gladiator was moving at hyperspeed and Thor while millions of times amped in speed and still could only match Gladiator in speed.
Hahaha, now Bran is making excuses for Thor?

http://i.imgur.com/GuGcjqu.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/bJcTun9.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/foyPlQ1.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/3j2mUhr.jpg

The world was moving at an infinitesimal speed compared to Thor and the rest of the team or Thor was amped at nearly infinite times in speed.

Yet, Gladiator could fight him due to his speed. That's called Superspeed. Which Thor doesn't has.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/My%20photos/Lulz/tom-cruise-sunglasses.gif Are you this retarded on purpose?

I'm saying that Gladiator was fast. Far faster than Thor. I'm saying that his speed was so incalcuable that it is completely irrelevant to someone else who's speed is nowhere near that Gladiator's.

I'm not saying Thor is fast or slow or whatever else you think I'm saying. I'm saying that that specific Gladiator was moving so fast that he was able to match beings who's speed made it look like the entire universe was at a standstill.

I mean you just posted a scan where Gladiator flew from another star system while presumably the rest of the universe was frozen.

Reading comprehension

StiltmanFTW
Bran's post in short:

- Alt Glads was slower than 616 Glads

- Thor sucks

One Big Mob
Bran's post in short:

- Alt Glads was slower than 616 Glads

- Thor sucks All the Gladiators in every other universe combined couldn't move as fast as that one. The guy iirc was blasting hv at those speeds. That's like Wolverine amped billions of times in speed shooting his claws at 3.6 Dakens per second

You got the second part right though.

abhilegend
Are you this retarded on purpose?

I'm saying that Gladiator was fast. Far faster than Thor. I'm saying that his speed was so incalcuable that it is completely irrelevant to someone else who's speed is nowhere near that Gladiator's.

I'm not saying Thor is fast or slow or whatever else you think I'm saying. I'm saying that that specific Gladiator was moving so fast that he was able to match beings who's speed made it look like the entire universe was at a standstill.

I mean you just posted a scan where Gladiator flew from another star system while presumably the rest of the universe was frozen.

Reading comprehension
So in short, Thor isn't slow but Gladiator is fast.

ermOriginally posted by celeyhyga17
Sure he does. He doesn't go running around blitzing everybody because that's not his thing. He's not a "speedster". But he does have high end speed/reaction feats that show why he never gets overwhelmed by actual speedsters.
Which Speedster sustains that kind of blitz on Thor?

Because most speedsters lack the strength to knock him out even after a blitz.

He gets overwhelmed in speed though. It's pretty well documented at this point to the fact that in Original Sin, even Falcon said Spidey is too fast for him.

celeyhyga17

Which Speedster sustains that kind of blitz on Thor?
Exactly.

Because most speedsters lack the strength to knock him out even after a blitz.
Then he should have absolutely no chance against any version of Gladz, any Hyperion, Sentry, Surfer on a board, etc. .
Which is not ever the case in comics.

He gets overwhelmed in speed though. It's pretty well documented at this point to the fact that in Original Sin, even Falcon said Spidey is too fast for him.
Again which high tier doesn't play down to his low tier opponent? I bet for every low tier that he's been stated to be in a speed disadvantage, there are much more showings of him stated to have great speed. Not to mention he has a ton more raw speed/reaction showings than jobbing to lesser tiers.

Really it's not unlike Superman stating that Shadowdragon was too fast for him even after doubling his speed. Or him stating that Deathstroke was too fast for him to react. And Clark is considered a speedster by comic standards! How do you explain that?

What your doing is taking a few low showings and running with it. When he has to, Thor reaches will employ his speed.

One Big Mob
So in short, Thor isn't slow but Gladiator is fast.

erm
Yeah that's exactly what I said you bozo.

I wish I could wait until you yawn and throw a handful of asshair directly into your mouth through the internet. It wouldn't even be the shittiest thing that came out of your mouth either.

quanchi112
Are you this retarded on purpose?

Reading comprehension Abhi rarely comprehends anything but he has figured out how to post scans though I'm not sure how at this point. Expect a bunch of scans that don't really address anything because it's abhi.

quanchi112
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111213476/4386172-tom2.png

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111213476/4384797-tom.png

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111213476/4386176-tom4.png

wolverine>>>>>>> thor laughing laughing

lmao nanosecond reactions lmao laughing laughing He still has reactions on page which matters. Brevort is the same guy who says The End isn't canon despite it being mentioned in various canon comics and canon bios.

quanchi112

Former lovers but the hammer was passed and some cancer nurse became greater than the original could ever hope to be. And I am Reigning Thor. Complete in my resolve and when absolutely necessary can and will don the hammer to smite the interlopers.

StiltmanFTW
I thought you were Thanos.

quanchi112
I thought you were Thanos. I change forms when necessary. I am the real Thanos though. Absolutely.

h1a8
Originally posted by quanchi112
He still has reactions on page which matters. Brevort is the same guy who says The End isn't canon despite it being mentioned in various canon comics and canon bios. whether a writer is wrong on a particular issue has no bearing on any other issue.

A writer is always correct in an interview UNTIL PROVEN INCORRECT. The evidence is stronger with them than an outsider with no facts.

From the interview, it seems that the writer is saying that handbooks are law in Marvel and that Marvel (not the writers have complete control of a character). The handbook is established by Marvel (not writer's) as a typical Guage of speed level. Writers significantly deviating from the handbook are merely incorrect. This is what the author in the interview is alluding to. Also, what was mentioned in the interview is that writers make mistakes because of the vast length of history of a character (writers haven't read and remembered every instance of a character). I believe that they also make mistakes due to not actually calculating the actual feat they are creating. Marvel doesn't tell them they are wrong because Marvel doesn't bother calculating every feat before the comic is published.

Lastly, I believe that marvel decides whether something is canon or not, not writers. Maybe Tom got his information from Marvel itself. Other writers referencing the End (I haven't seen this) could mean that they didn't know the End wasn't canon. Or it could mean that since everything was undone, it's like it never happened. But even if Tom is wrong on that issue does not make his other points wrong.

That type of logic is extremely faulty. You being wrong before doesn't mean you are wrong now.

DarkSaint85
Writer interviews are inadmissible.

h1a8
Thor is much faster than a human.
I would say he should be slightly faster than captain America (not slower).
Spidey should be faster (not by a lot) and wolverine should be slightly slower.

But there are vastly many different levels of speed. For example, the difference between 1000mph and 2000mph doesn't seem like much to the human eye. But relative to each other, it is significant.

So even if Thor was able to operate at a fast speed in a small instant then would that be enough against someone that can operate at 2x faster or more in that same instant? Especially, if the fight is in close quarters?

h1a8
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Writer interviews are inadmissible. I know, I was merely referring to what the writer meant. And wanted to dismiss quans bad logic.

Finally, they are not inadmissible when explaining what happened (but are when explaining power levels). For example, if a scene isn't clear to what actually happened then an interview can shed light on it.

abhilegend
Exactly.

Which is CIS from speedsters. You would have more luck proving Rogues have superspeed than Thor.

Just like any version of Hulk.

Are you going to argue Hulk has superspeed now?

Like who? Which Speedster he has matched in speed? Because when a Speedster uses his speed, Thor is left in dust.

Let's make a thread about Thor and Speedsters in reflexes, shall we?

I can show speed feats for almost any hero worth his salt.

Doesn't mean they are speedsters.

Outliers happen for all characters. For Thor, being below Street level characters is the norm.

Stan Lee is the only writer who wrote Thor with a minor level of superspeed and even he had Thor in trouble against Daredevil and Spider-Man.

It's not really low showings when writers across decades have shown that Thor has next to non existent superspeed. Just post one scan like This for Thor.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/81954/1560635-915255_impulsebetterthangl_super.jpg

Or heck, just like this.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b219/Q99/PGsuperspeed.jpg

These are the lowest level speedster feats. Shouldn't be hard for you to post.

abhilegend
Yeah that's exactly what I said you bozo.

I wish I could wait until you yawn and throw a handful of asshair directly into your mouth through the internet. It wouldn't even be the shittiest thing that came out of your mouth either.
Did you cut your arm off again or what? Or simply PMSing again?

Shut up if you have trouble reading a simple post.

One Big Mob
Shut up if you have trouble reading a simple post. Holy shit laughing out loud

Coming from the guy who came out of nowhere because you thought I was defending Thor... the horror right?

I wonder if you read your own posts, think about what you're doing and then go "Well, I'm going to accuse this guy of this."

But yes, me telling you I want to throw asshair in your mouth is pmsing. This ****ing guy

celeyhyga17
Which is CIS from speedsters. You would have more luck proving Rogues have superspeed than Thor.

Just like any version of Hulk.

Are you going to argue Hulk has superspeed now?
Actually no. You would need all the luck in the world to try and prove that Rogues have superspeed better than Thor.

Err.. Hulk was shown to have pretty substantial superspeed during Waid's indestructible Hulk run.

Like who? Which Speedster he has matched in speed? Because when a Speedster uses his speed, Thor is left in dust.

Let's make a thread about Thor and Speedsters in reflexes, shall we?
You didn't answer the question. High tier powerhouses that are considered speedsters themselves constantly play down to low tier characters. Especially low tiers with clout.

Thor is not a speedster. He does not get overwhelmed by speedsters because he has the speed/reaction to deal with them.

Make a thread.

I can show speed feats for almost any hero worth his salt.

Doesn't mean they are speedsters.
No one is claiming Thor is a speedster.

Outliers happen for all characters. For Thor, being below Street level characters is the norm.

Stan Lee is the only writer who wrote Thor with a minor level of superspeed and even he had Thor in trouble against Daredevil and Spider-Man.
Not the case. Just because you want it to be that way doesn't mean it's true. For every low that you stick to, there are a whole lot more cases of how a comic has remarked about his speed. He even has speed and reaction feats that no street level guy can ever hope to match. It really is that simple.

It's not really low showings when writers across decades have shown that Thor has next to non existent superspeed. Just post one scan like This for Thor.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/81954/1560635-915255_impulsebetterthangl_super.jpg

Or heck, just like this.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b219/Q99/PGsuperspeed.jpg

These are the lowest level speedster feats. Shouldn't be hard for you to post.
Make a thread. Better yet make a bz where you can take street level speed vs Thor speed since you absolutely believe he is not even beyond that level.

And for the purpose of this thread, he doesn't have to act like a "speedster" to fend off actual speedsters.

abhilegend
Holy shit laughing out loud

Coming from the guy who came out of nowhere because you thought I was defending Thor... the horror right?

I wonder if you read your own posts, think about what you're doing and then go "Well, I'm going to accuse this guy of this."

But yes, me telling you I want to throw asshair in your mouth is pmsing. This ****ing guy
Yeah, not enough interest anymore to engage in a "argument" with you.

So still shut up.

leonidas
Better yet make a bz where you can take street level speed vs Thor speed since you absolutely believe he is not even beyond that level

whoa. i was like 'this thread was entertaining,' then, damn, i was like, f*** me, sh!t just got real. shock

One Big Mob
Yeah, not enough interest anymore to engage in a "argument" with you.

So still shut up. You're still going to argue though while you just said that you were going to shut up. Who could forget the classic:

"How can this thread be bait if I won't even participate? I swear it!"

*cue abhi going back on his word*

There's a couple things we can count on from you afterall. erm

abhilegend
Actually no. You would need all the luck in the world to try and prove that Rogues have superspeed better than Thor.

Really? Tell me about the time Thor defeated a flash level Speedster.

I'm talking about classic savage hulk.

They have their high end showings where they actually show superspeed.

Thor doesn't. Superman can remove Batman from the battlefield before he can even think about it.

Can Thor do the same? No.

These two are contradictory statements.

Either he is a Speedster or he is not fast enough for a Speedster. You can't have both.

My threads get closed. You should create one.

You're just trying to use his "non speedster" speed feats to indicate he can use his speed like a Speedster.

It doesn't works that way.

Like what exactly? Is this "WB Hulk isn't much stronger than Thor" again?

My last few threads get closed on behalf of being a "bait thread".

Not interested in a BZ I can't finish.

He absolutely does. Speed is such a power that if you don't have it, there really is no counter for it.

It's simple as that.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by leonidas
whoa. i was like 'this thread was entertaining,' then, damn, i was like, f*** me, sh!t just got real. shock
I was just feeling lonely because Phil toyed with my affections the last time this happened.

crybox

abhilegend
You're still going to argue though while you just said that you were going to shut up. Who could forget the classic:

"How can this thread be bait if I won't even participate? I swear it!"

*cue abhi going back on his word*

There's a couple things we can count on from you afterall. erm

*My Father beat me*

*I just made that up to make you look bad*

/Bran the rambo

But seriously, if you really want to just engage in a flame war, I'm not interested. You can always go against your Idol Quan though.

One Big Mob
*My Father beat me*

*I just made that up to make you look bad*

/Bran the rambo

But seriously, if you really want to just engage in a flame war, I'm not interested. You can always go against your Idol Quan though. Good old predictable abhi. Always lying and going back on your word. How are you going to react exactly like I predicted in a response where I detail it?

Though I notice that Pr issue deeply effected you since you don't even want to engage though you 100 percent will. Hell you even whine about it to celey with your refusal here.

Didn't know Pr held that sort of power over you.

I'm going to go work out, then we'll engage in a big old flame war if that's ok with you. Which knowing your ego of how you can't avoid responding... I think we know it's ok with you. laughing out loud

celeyhyga17
Really? Tell me about the time Thor defeated a flash level Speedster.

I'm talking about classic savage hulk.

They have their high end showings where they actually show superspeed.

Thor doesn't. Superman can remove Batman from the battlefield before he can even think about it.

Can Thor do the same? No.

These two are contradictory statements.

Either he is a Speedster or he is not fast enough for a Speedster. You can't have both.

My threads get closed. You should create one.

You're just trying to use his "non speedster" speed feats to indicate he can use his speed like a Speedster.

It doesn't works that way.

Like what exactly? Is this "WB Hulk isn't much stronger than Thor" again?

My last few threads get closed on behalf of being a "bait thread".

Not interested in a BZ I can't finish.

He absolutely does. Speed is such a power that if you don't have it, there really is no counter for it.

It's simple as that.
Thor has absolutely top end showings that make him look like a speedster. It's the reason top end opponents that are considered speedsters themselves will never overwhelm him. He just doesn't go around speed blitzing everyone. That's not his thing.

Imagine Thor with all his powers all of a sudden using superspeed on a more regular basis. It would be a boring book.
I'd rather have him the way he is anytime speed is concerned. I don't mind the occasional spidey or wolvie showings, because in the end they have absolutely no chance to beat him.

You talk as if a speed vs speed bz is time consuming. Heck it's not even a battle bz where you have to plan and set up strategies. It's as easy as posting feats. Well the ball's in your court.

StiltmanFTW
Thor has absolutely top end showings that make him look like a speedster.

Good God, Jane. Just stop.

Surtur

Yep and the difference in their strengths isn't huge, while the difference in speed is vast. Though is Thor really physically stronger then someone who can easily move around planets? I realize his hammer adds some oomph to his hits, but if we're talking pure physical strength...

Galan007
You can't really say "I don't want to engage in a flame war" after you've already engaged in a flame war.

It's like those couple of bash-fueled responses you always get after a mod comes in and tells people to stop bashing. They always pretend like they didn't see the mod's post, instead of just manning up and saying "I needed to have the last word, so I totally ignored your request!!" Lol.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Surtur
Yep and the difference in their strengths isn't huge, while the difference in speed is vast. Though is Thor really physically stronger then someone who can easily move around planets? I realize his hammer adds some oomph to his hits, but if we're talking pure physical strength...
It's a 20x amp Thor as per op.

celeyhyga17
Good God, Jane. Just stop.

Hit me baby one more time.. Uhh....

http://www.scifinow.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Woman-Thor-Jane-Foster.jpg

Galan007
Yep and the difference in their strengths isn't huge, while the difference in speed is vast. Though is Thor really physically stronger then someone who can easily move around planets? I realize his hammer adds some oomph to his hits, but if we're talking pure physical strength... In this thread, Thor is in full Warrior Madness(a 10x amp), AND has the Belt of Strength(and additional 2x amp.) IOW, his strength is amped by a factor of 20x, while Majestic's abilities aren't amped at all--he's just packing the Kusar Blades here, which are standard equipment anyway. Lol.

Surtur
Okay yeah I didn't see the warrior madness part. Yeah, this specific version of Thor is stronger.

Though it almost seems like the deck had to be stacked highly in Thor's favor for him to have a chance.

Horrificus
Thor was able to keep up with Mongoose for years and he is a confirmed "super speedster", even if he was kept at Spiderman level. His speed was a large part of his powerset.

Surtur
Thor was able to keep up with Mongoose for years and he is a confirmed "super speedster", even if he was kept at Spiderman level. His speed was a large part of his powerset.

But you realize Majestic is far far faster then someone who merely has speed to rival Spiderman? There have also been occasions where Thor flat out was too slow to even tag Mongoose.

Horrificus
But you realize Majestic is far far faster then someone who merely has speed to rival Spiderman? There have also been occasions where Thor flat out was too slow to even tag Mongoose. i understand that. Im just saying that Thor is a character that will always be classified, with others, that can be as fast, or as strong as he, (or the writers), decides to be.

Is that a pain in the a$$ in a debate? For people debating FOR him and AGAINST. Hell yes!! But, this is the way it is.

Slow showings should be no more damning for Thor, than they are for any other character. All characters with "super speed" have showings where they where tagged by slower characters, or were engaged in slugfests with slower characters, where their uber-speed was not in play.

If it has ever been stated by narration, a writer, the character, or shown throw on-panel feats, it's not exactly logical to simply erase it. Unless there is equal evidencen printed SPECIFICALLY to negate previous depictions.

The only way out of this dilema would seem to be either some formula that weighs all this information and pumps out an agreed upon statistic, or, an enforced board rule that simply states that character X is hereby classified as one or the other.

But, as things r now, it gets boring watching as members argue over which information can, or cannot be used.

And, tbh, in reality, anything with a mind and a personality will sometimes use all available abilities and characteristics, and sometimes ignore them. Especially if ego and confidence are involved.

Personally, i never saw any problem believing that characters as powerful as Hulk, Superman, Thor, etc, might largely ignore their own super-enhanced speed abilities, since they r so confident in their durability, strength and special attacks.

That is, unless they see that there is a specific need to use that speed.

Just my big, smart, handsome opinion. big grin

abhilegend
Thor has absolutely top end showings that make him look like a speedster. It's the reason top end opponents that are considered speedsters themselves will never overwhelm him. He just doesn't go around speed blitzing everyone. That's not his thing.

Like when? The speedsters don't use their full speed on him.

When they do like the alternate Gladiator did, they can contend with him even if he is amped nearly Infinitely in speed.

By your reasoning Captain America is a Speedster as well since he doesn't gets overwhelmed by speedsters and has actually been said to be nearly as fast as Quicksilver.

For that he needs to have superspeed.

Majestros isn't spidey.

Like I said earlier I'm not interested. It's a waste of time.

lawest9
Just to say that for this thread, I gave Thor the warrior madness and BOS to give him a fighting chance for this battle, to me Maj's strenght alone was already so far above a regular Thor that I felt this would put Thor in range of his strength class, not guaranteed that a Thor 20x stronger than usual is still going to make him stronger than Maj, if so than at least not by much.

One Big Mob
Originally posted by lawest9
Just to say that for this thread, I gave Thor the warrior madness and BOS to give him a fighting chance for this battle, to me Maj's strenght alone was already so far above a regular Thor that I felt this would put Thor in range of his strength class, not guaranteed that a Thor 20x stronger than usual is still going to make him stronger than Maj, if so than at least not by much. **** this post

celeyhyga17
Like when? The speedsters don't use their full speed on him.

When they do like the alternate Gladiator did, they can contend with him even if he is amped nearly Infinitely in speed.

By your reasoning Captain America is a Speedster as well since he doesn't gets overwhelmed by speedsters and has actually been said to be nearly as fast as Quicksilver.

For that he needs to have superspeed.

Majestros isn't spidey.

Like I said earlier I'm not interested. It's a waste of time.
Lol all that explaining, but you don't want to back it up. Wutever..

Originally posted by lawest9
Just to say that for this thread, I gave Thor the warrior madness and BOS to give him a fighting chance for this battle, to me Maj's strenght alone was already so far above a regular Thor that I felt this would put Thor in range of his strength class, not guaranteed that a Thor 20x stronger than usual is still going to make him stronger than Maj, if so than at least not by much.
durpalm

Surtur
i understand that. Im just saying that Thor is a character that will always be classified, with others, that can be as fast, or as strong as he, (or the writers), decides to be.

Is that a pain in the a$$ in a debate? For people debating FOR him and AGAINST. Hell yes!! But, this is the way it is.

Slow showings should be no more damning for Thor, than they are for any other character. All characters with "super speed" have showings where they where tagged by slower characters, or were engaged in slugfests with slower characters, where their uber-speed was not in play.

You are correct a lot of characters with super speed have low showings. But with Thor and Mongoose their confrontation was specifically commenting on their speed. Superman and Flash have been tagged a lot, but then they also have a huge amount of speed feats to fall back on.

Nothing is being erased. Thor just needs speed on a consistent level as opposed to a handful of feats stretched out over several decades.

Or characters just use the powers they have repeatedly displayed.

But this kind of logic can only take us so far. Yes, characters can be arrogant, etc. They have egos and all that stuff. But very few characters have such an ego that they would willingly allow themselves to be beaten unconscious(or beaten to death) when they have a way to prevent it.

It's like if you have super speed and you go to fight me and you don't use it because you are arrogant. If I begin repeatedly punching you and inflicting damage to you...well, wouldn't you then think "maybe it's a good idea to use my speed" ? Or would you just allow me to beat you unconscious even though you have a way to easily prevent it? I assume there would come a point where you do not want to keep getting hit and eventually you'd use your speed to avoid the things that are hurting you.

When you remove all reasons for not using a power like the plot you are left with either this person is genuinely not smart enough to use their powers or they for some reason enjoy getting physically beat.

Majestic never seemed like the type who would enjoy getting wailed on with a magical hammer and we certainly know he's not stupid.

Horrificus
You are correct a lot of characters with super speed have low showings. But with Thor and Mongoose their confrontation was specifically commenting on their speed. Superman and Flash have been tagged a lot, but then they also have a huge amount of speed feats to fall back on.

Nothing is being erased. Thor just needs speed on a consistent level as opposed to a handful of feats stretched out over several decades.

Or characters just use the powers they have repeatedly displayed.

But this kind of logic can only take us so far. Yes, characters can be arrogant, etc. They have egos and all that stuff. But very few characters have such an ego that they would willingly allow themselves to be beaten unconscious(or beaten to death) when they have a way to prevent it.

It's like if you have super speed and you go to fight me and you don't use it because you are arrogant. If I begin repeatedly punching you and inflicting damage to you...well, wouldn't you then think "maybe it's a good idea to use my speed" ? Or would you just allow me to beat you unconscious even though you have a way to easily prevent it? I assume there would come a point where you do not want to keep getting hit and eventually you'd use your speed to avoid the things that are hurting you.

When you remove all reasons for not using a power like the plot you are left with either this person is genuinely not smart enough to use their powers or they for some reason enjoy getting physically beat.

Majestic never seemed like the type who would enjoy getting wailed on with a magical hammer and we certainly know he's not stupid.
All true.

celeyhyga17
Thor was holding back vs Mongoose in their first encounter and pretty much owned him when he stopped messing around.. In their second encounter, he was deep into his weakened state due to Loki. Mongoose also had attacked him with gasses that made him dazed and disoriented. So....

Thor also has a ton of feats to fall back on and much more statements about his great speed than instances of low showings. For every one of those, he probably has a dozen good.

StiltmanFTW
his great speed

http://static4.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/12/125404/3867445-9880999781-A7-Tr.jpg

abhilegend
Thor was holding back vs Mongoose in their first encounter and pretty much owned him when he stopped messing around..

Uh, that's just plain out of context. Thor wasn't holding back his speed there.

Even Spidey danced around Mongoose in the very same issue.

How about Spider-Man blitzing the shit out of Masterson who had the power and body of Thor? Under the same writer.

Like? Show me a showing where he is faster than Captain America.

Much less Spider-Man.

vin

celeyhyga17
Uh, that's just plain out of context. Thor wasn't holding back his speed there.

Even Spidey danced around Mongoose in the very same issue.

How about Spider-Man blitzing the shit out of Masterson who had the power and body of Thor? Under the same writer.

Much less Spider-Man.

vin
Read it again. Come on bro. It's well documented that he has a penchant for holding back even at the most dire moments. He didn't utilize his speed until later. That's just how he rolls.

Yes. Spidey dodged him once and got gassed pelleted.

He doesn't need to have a showing vs Cap to be considered fast.
He has dealt with characters on a regular basis far faster and more powerful than Cap. You have to be smarter than this bro.

And Spidey's speed is really nothing to him when he gets serious.

All this talk and yet you refuse to back it up.

celeyhyga17
Or better yet Stilt. You say Wolverine is faster than Thor. You seem to have your panties in a bunch the way you've been acting very salty in these forums lately.

Why don't you back it up?

abhilegend
Read it again. Come on bro. It's well documented that he has a penchant for holding back even at the most dire moments. He didn't utilize his speed until later. That's just how he rolls.

erm

That's exactly not how he rolls. Give me any implication that he was holding back his speed.

Yes, because Mongoose couldn't even touch him.

That's made clear.

This is just nonsense. Cap has proved himself faster than Thor. Just like Spidey.

Give me just one example where Thor does that.

Great way to dodge a simple question.

StiltmanFTW
Or better yet Stilt. You say Wolverine is faster than Thor. You seem to have your panties in a bunch the way you've been acting very salty in these forums lately.

Why don't you back it up?

Thor said it himself, actually smile

What's the point of re-posting the same scans over and over again? It's always the same here:

Thor Team: Look, Thor catches Zefra in his cape. The ultimate speed showing.

You're not gonna change your mind, so what's the point... we're too old to change.

StiltmanFTW

Much less Spider-Man.

vin

Here:

1. http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11111/111113173/4505596-2623904-thor_447_10.jpg
2. http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11113/111132855/3421778-thor++cap+training+slow.jpg

cool

celeyhyga17
erm

That's exactly not how he rolls. Give me any implication that he was holding back his speed.

Yes, because Mongoose couldn't even touch him.

That's made clear.

This is just nonsense. Cap has proved himself faster than Thor. Just like Spidey.

Give me just one example where Thor does that.

Great way to dodge a simple question.
All you have to do is read it again.

Maybe. Spidey dodged once and was hit by Mongoose's pellet shooter.

Cap is not faster. Spidey uses his speed more than Thor, but does not have Thor's upper end speed feats. At least I think that's the case. I don't read much Spidey.

You'll find examples in our bz.
vin

Thor said it himself, actually smile

What's the point of re-posting the same scans over and over again? It's always the same here:

Thor Team: Look, Thor catches Zefra in his cape. The ultimate speed showing.

You're not gonna change your mind, so what's the point... we're too old to change.
Hey it's fine if you're just all talk.

StiltmanFTW
Hey it's fine if you're just all talk.

Scan wars aren't entertaining me anymore.

We've been here for years. Everything's been posted, including characters' favourite meals and the amount of toilet paper used by them in an average month.

abhilegend
All you have to do is read it again.

That's why he is too slow to even hit Gamora in Blood and Thunder and amped on power gem?
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/148326/3835238-3797906502-35312.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/148326/3835240-6012276723-35312.jpg

Throwing smoke pellets are speed feats now?

laughing out loud

At this point, it's simply denial.

Not interested.

celeyhyga17

abhilegend

celeyhyga17
Except Mon-El has feats that shows him able to go beyond what characters like Spider-Man and Gamora can achieve. Was Thor holding back his speed there as well?

You're acting like Mongoose hitting spiderman with a pellet is some kind of speed feat.
Lol at the hypocrisy. You just reiterated my point. That's what you get when you cant even keep track of your lowballing.
hysterical

No u foof. The encounter with Mongoose and Spidey was cut short by the use of Mongoose's weapon. Meaning not really a whole lot to go by with such a brief panel.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>