TK Lifting Contest

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Syndicate
Bane vs Vader vs Galen vs Kanan, Ezra, The Inquisitors and Jax Pavan.

Which team can lift the most from a purely TK standpoint?

cs_zoltan
kek vader

carthage
Vader or Starkiller win

Emperordmb
Ezra solos

JKBart
Ventress

Tondemonai
Vader

S_W_LeGenD
Galen Marek perhaps

cs_zoltan
Always wondered what would Legend say when there is no TOR character

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
kek vader

Tondemonai
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Always wondered what would Legend say when there is no TOR character

Only picked Galen because Arcann looks like him...

S_W_LeGenD
Wasn't Galen Marek supposed to be more powerful then Darth Vader? The former was stated to have potential to surpass even Palpatine, if I am not wrong.

FreshestSlice
No.

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by Tondemonai
Vader

AncientPower
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Wasn't Galen Marek supposed to be more powerful then Darth Vader? The former was stated to have potential to surpass even Palpatine, if I am not wrong.

They also said Revan's potential was limitless, and Vitiate pwned him. Galen Marek wasn't as powerful as Vader, the trilogy concept for TFU had Vader destroying him in TFUIII.

The only person who actually had unlimited potential was Anakin, but he never achieved that either.

NewGuy01
Wasn't Galen Marek supposed to be more powerful then Darth Vader?

Possibly. Though, TK is Vader's area of specialty; even if Galen is more powerful, it's not set in stone that he'd out-lift him.

To rival him, yeah. The only ones stated to have the potential to surpass Palpatine were Yoda and the Skywalkers, though.

Emperordmb
Yoda was stated to have potential to surpass Sheev? When?!

NewGuy01
Well, Dooku said if Yoda wholly embraced the Dark Side he'd be far beyond what Sheev is capable of.

Fated Xtasy
Vader. Although Galen has a decent chance too

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by NewGuy01
To rival him, yeah. The only ones stated to have the potential to surpass Palpatine were Yoda and the Skywalkers, though.

Nah. It was flat-oit stated that Galen had the potential to be the most powerful Force sensitive the galaxy had ever seen--+including Palpatine.

That being said, potential doesn't have shit to do with the here and now, and Vader's a TK God so he pulls out a win here for sure.

FreshestSlice
Yes, TFU was a shit series from conception.

Emperordmb
I will defend that Galen's level of power and progression makes infinitely more sense than DD did.

Col. Valerian
It is shit, but Marek is very powerful nevertheless.

Even if TFUIII was going to portray Vader destroying Marek, Marek defeats Vader in TFUII. So, Vader winning in TFUIII, if anything, suggests they're very similar in terms of power.

This goes to Vader or Marek.

FreshestSlice
It was said that Vader let him win. Vader already overpowered him in TK anyway, so it's Vader no contest.
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I will defend that Galen's level of power and progression makes infinitely more sense than DD did.
Of course. Doesn't make TFU any less retarded.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Yes, TFU was a shit series from conception.

Can't really argue with that, kek.

Zenwolf
I'd still like TFU 3, if nothing else to see Vader wipe the floor with Galen.

Syndicate

He was and is.

Syndicate
Originally posted by AncientPower
They also said Revan's potential was limitless, and Vitiate pwned him. Galen Marek wasn't as powerful as Vader, the trilogy concept for TFU had Vader destroying him in TFUIII.

The only person who actually had unlimited potential was Anakin, but he never achieved that either.

We go by feats rather then unsubstantiated statements thank you.

Galen has superior feats to Vader and overwhelmed him with the Force in TFU.

In TFUII Vader also lost to the clone regardless of a voice actor's opinion or cutscenes in a game that contradict other game versions.

Syndicate
It was said that Vader let him win. Vader already overpowered him in TK anyway, so it's Vader no contest.

Of course. Doesn't make TFU any less retarded.

You mean the cutscene contradicted by multiple different versions of the game? Try again.

FreshestSlice
Like the game version where Vader destroyed Marek in TK? The actual point of this thread, and needed to use the environment to escape?

Syndicate
Like the game version where Vader destroyed Marek in TK? The actual point of this thread, and needed to use the environment to escape?

The Wii versions doesn't have Vader doing shit to Starkiller in TFUII and anything Vader managed to do in TFU was before Galen's prime.

"The actual point of this thread, and needed to use the environment to escape?" Eh?

NewGuy01
I believe he's referring to the TFU II novelization.

Syndicate
I believe he's referring to the TFU II novelization.

I don't believe Vader ragdolls him in the novel.

Deronn_solo
LAL.

Starkiller needed to cheap-shot a Darth Vader that was holding back, to defeat him in TFU II---other than that, Vader telekinetically effected 'Killer twice, while the latter did only achieved that after amping himself with lightning a hitting a spot Juno already damaged earlier by catching him by surprise and praying on Vader's willingness not to kill him and playing possum.

Not to mention, multiple sources have said Vader didn't reach his peak until after those events, so whatever.

Syndicate
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
LAL.

Starkiller needed to cheap-shot a Darth Vader that was holding back, to defeat him in TFU II---other than that, Vader telekinetically effected 'Killer twice, while the latter did only achieved that after amping himself with lightning a hitting a spot Juno already damaged earlier by catching him by surprise and praying on Vader's willingness not to kill him and playing possum.

Not to mention, multiple sources have said Vader didn't reach his peak until after those events, so whatever.

There's nothing that shows Vader holding back. Only the opinion of a voice actor which isn't supported by events in the novel.

Quote me when he affected Starkiller with TK when Starkiller was prepared.

That's fine simply going by feats however Galen is Vader's superior.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Syndicate
We go by feats rather then unsubstantiated statements thank you.

Galen has superior feats to Vader and overwhelmed him with the Force in TFU.

In TFUII Vader also lost to the clone regardless of a voice actor's opinion or cutscenes in a game that contradict other game versions. If you at their duel in the novel Vader has him beat twice, and a clear advantage throughout.

So Witwer's statements align with the text just fine. thumb up

Deronn_solo
There's nothing that shows Vader holding back. Only the opinion of a voice actor which isn't supported by events in the novel.

Nice red herring. Starkiller directly said it himelf in the phucking novel that Vader was holding back and not trying to kill him. Read the actual material before trying to correct a God, son.

--TFU II

Vader not wanting to kill Starkiller, even when he had him dead to rights is proof enough that he was in fact holding back.

Quote me when he affected Starkiller with TK when Starkiller was prepared.

--Excerpt from The Force Unleashed II

Yeah, he was clearly prepared to get TK'ed that time around, and Vader still sent the **** packing like shipping mail.

That's fine simply going by feats however Galen is Vader's superior.
Nah. Vader collapsing a Cathedral while half-dead and while keeping himself alive via sheer willpower, and exerting a significant amount of power just to compensate for his busted life support system, on top of being a decade or two before he reached his peak and became a "far more formidable foe" is just as impressive as anything Galen had done.

cs_zoltan

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=8550447&postcount=5038

Beniboybling
smile

FreshestSlice

Nah. Vader collapsing a Cathedral while half-dead and while keeping himself alive via sheer willpower, and exerting a significant amount of power just to compensate for his busted life support system, on top of being a decade or two before he reached his peak and became a "far more formidable foe" is just as impressive as anything Galen had done.
uhuh

Deronn_solo
What did I did wrong. sad

FreshestSlice
is just as impressive as anything Galen had done.

Deronn_solo
Ohhh, my bad.

I've failed our Darklord. sad

Syndicate
Nice red herring. Starkiller directly said it himelf in the phucking novel that Vader was holding back and not trying to kill him. Read the actual material before trying to correct a God, son.

--TFU II

Vader not wanting to kill Starkiller, even when he had him dead to rights is proof enough that he was in fact holding back.

--Excerpt from The Force Unleashed II

Yeah, he was clearly prepared to get TK'ed that time around, and Vader still sent the **** packing like shipping mail.

The text clearly states that if Starkiller hadn't attempted that desperate move it would have been a stalemate. Also Vader only managed to affect the direction of the blade. It was the platform buckling that sent him flying. How is collapsing a cathedral as impressive as collapsing the supports of an orbital superstructure or sending thousands of droids flying or guiding the descent of a Star Destroyer or powering an ore cannon that pierced through a Star Destroyer?

Deronn_solo
Yeah, and Starkiller executed the plan because he knew Vader was never actually trying to kill him; hence, what Sith are always aiming to do. Ergo, he was holding back, LAL.

Fair enough on the Platform thing, but he still technically TK'ed Killer mid duel.

Did you even read the circumstances of the feat? He was literally knocking on death's door, decades before his prime, and keeping himself alive strictly through sheer will-power and the Force. A prime, fully healed Vader could do everything Galen could and then some.

Syndicate
Yeah, and Starkiller executed the plan because he knew Vader was never actually trying to kill him; hence, what Sith are always aiming to do. Ergo, he was holding back, LAL.

Did you even read the circumstances of the feat? He was literally knocking on death's door, decades before his prime, and keeping himself alive strictly through sheer will-power and the Force.

It only stated he was holding back when he had disarmed Starkiller.

Yes and? How is that better then the feats I've mentioned? Tons of people have kept themselves alive with the Force and their willpower and aren't some godlike beings of ultimate power. A great example of this being Sion.

Deronn_solo
It only stated he was holding back when he had disarmed Starkiller.
That literally makes no sense, but given the source; am I really surprised?

Why would Starkiller willingly put himself in that position to an opponent that was aiming to kill him from the get-go? It was even stated in the duel that Vader was "testing him" and was casually deflecting his blows with a disinterested demeanor and such. Clearly doesn't seem like someone who is strictly out for victory to me.

Are you retarded? LAL.

If Vader was pulling that kind of feat(you do know how durable and monstrous Catherdals are on average, right) in the worst possible condition one can be in, before becoming far more powerful decades later; you seriously don't think he can replicate what Galen performed in a exaggerated medium like TFU if he was the protag?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I love how sion is the rule and not the exception. Vader > Galen. smile

Syndicate
That literally makes no sense, but given the source; am I really surprised?

Why would Starkiller willingly put himself in that position to an opponent that was aiming to kill him from the get-go? It was even stated in the duel that Vader was "testing him" and was casually deflecting his blows with a disinterested demeanor and such. Clearly doesn't seem like someone who is strictly out for victory to me.

Are you retarded? LAL.

If Vader was pulling that kind of feat(you do know how durable and monstrous Catherdals are on average, right) in the worst possible condition one can be in, before becoming far more powerful decades later; you seriously don't think he can replicate what Galen performed in a exaggerated medium like TFU if he was the protag?

I don't know. Only you can give clarity to your personal feelings on the matter.

You posted his monologue, you should know. He wanted to put himself in a indefensible position so that he could lower Vader's guard which is exactly what happened. He didn't seem to have a problem when he "seemingly" defeated Starkiller casually giving him orders to put an end to the Alliance. Vader's smart so of course he had a back up plan for when he was defeated but I doubt he was attempting to lose.

No but you seemingly are by your seeming inability to understand simple points.

Around 30 to 40 meters. I don't know what Vader's power level is by RotJ. He might be able to replicate Galen's feats but that's pure speculation tbh. Also as I said reviving yourself with the Force doesn't seem to be all that impressive given the fact that Sion was capable of doing such ad infinitum.

NewGuy01
Sion was an anomaly that was considered to be one of the most powerful Sith Lords ever because of that ability, despite having practically no other notable talents.

Syndicate
Sion was an anomaly that was considered to be one of the most powerful Sith Lords ever because of that ability, despite having practically no other notable talents.

Personally I think the Force refused to let Vader die after the cathedral fell on him evidenced by Vader saying "Let the Force decide." As he brought it down.

FreshestSlice
....Wut?

Syndicate
....Wut?

The Force refused to let him die because he was the Chosen One and he hadn't yet fulfilled his destiny.

Deronn_solo
Personally I think the Force refused to let Vader die after the cathedral fell on him evidenced by Vader saying "Let the Force decide." As he brought it down.

..wat?

That's like if I bet my entire life stake on a single coin flip and say "let fate decide". That doesn't mean as a non- superstitious atheist, I believe that fate is a legit force. Clearly a figure of speech on Vader's part.

Syndicate
..wat?

That's like if I bet my entire life stake on a single coin flip and say "let fate decide". That doesn't mean as a non- superstitious atheist, I believe that fate is a legit force. Clearly a figure of speech on Vader's part.

Except the Force actually exists as a semi sentient entity in the Star Wars universe.

Deronn_solo
Except, you have no proof if what Vader was saying was meant to be taken literally, or figuratively. That's my phucking point, LAL. We go by facts not baseless speculation built upon conjecture and ambiguous reading.

Also, I'll get to the rest of your nonsense tomorrow.

Syndicate
Except, you have no proof if what Vader was saying was meant to be taken literally, or figuratively. That's my phucking point, LAL. We go by facts not baseless speculation built upon conjecture and ambiguous reading.

Also, I'll get to the rest of your nonsense tomorrow.

Well I guess it's how you interpret it. Since what Plagueis and Sidious did to darken the Force brought Anakin into being as that was the Force's way of retaliation I would think that the Force wouldn't want Anakin to die until he had accomplished what it wanted.

FreshestSlice
The Force is the cause of everything in Star Wars, so that's some next level stupid logic. It's not an explanation just because it's a reason. It's like saying random guy 5's mother became pregnant because the Force.

Syndicate
The Force is the cause of everything in Star Wars, so that's some next level stupid logic. It's not an explanation just because it's a reason. It's like saying random guy 5's mother became pregnant because the Force.

Since the Force retaliated by bringing Anakin into being I can only assume it did not intend for Plagueis and Sidious to do what they did and thus Plagueis and Sidious were not serving the Force with their actions. It makes sense considering Jedi are all about serving the Force while the Sith are all about bending it to their will.

FreshestSlice
ozfGeGYe-lY

Syndicate
ozfGeGYe-lY

Ok.

NewGuy01
>Galen could only redirect a Star Destroyer because the Force wanted him to now.

Trufax.

S_W_LeGenD
Since the Force retaliated by bringing Anakin into being I can only assume it did not intend for Plagueis and Sidious to do what they did and thus Plagueis and Sidious were not serving the Force with their actions. It makes sense considering Jedi are all about serving the Force while the Sith are all about bending it to their will.
This is true.

The Force gives the impression of being semi-sentient.

FreshestSlice
Vitiate/Valkorion isn't even actually powerful, LeGenD. He only beat Arcann because the Force doesn't want the Outlander to die. They already said, "It's destiny," so we know it's true.

Deronn_solo
thumb up

Col. Valerian
Vitiate/Valkorion isn't even actually powerful, LeGenD. He only beat Arcann because the Force doesn't want the Outlander to die. They already said, "It's destiny," so we know it's true.

lmao

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.