Salt and Sanctuary

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1
Z2h-SHL64Gw

Its basically a 2D Dark Souls. It should hold us over until 3 comes out. Overall reviews are great, and its pretty cheap so its worth picking up.

Jesus McBurger
Will check out, thanks for the suggestion

Jmanghan
watch?v=u_054dUJzCE

From Ska Studios.

Basically, 2D Dark Souls, and from what the reviews say, the game is amazing.

Its an almost carbon copy of Dark Souls, which honestly, is okay with me, the game is good, like really good.

Its also getting released on the Vita, so, thats another plus from me.

Jmanghan
ULTRA BUMP!

SORRY DUDE!

Jmanghan
I'm sure it can't compete with DS, but its a lot better then most games on the Vita.

Kazenji
There's another one that's popped up on Steam

Pharaonic, Its set in Egypt with a combat system similar to DS.

Jmanghan
Bu lt this one nails the atmosphere better, imo.

Its LITERALLY Dark Souls.

The bosses are carbon copies of DS bosses, instead of souls, you collect Salt, and instead of Bonfires, there are sanctuaries.

But it also throws in a bit of Symphony of the Night in terms of its platforming, and you get a whip.

Plus, its really cheap right now.

It even has the Block, Parry, & Riposte.

Its cartoonish look doesn't take away from the atmosphere.

BUT, just because they copied both games, does not mean this one isn't worth getting, the game is really good, and its almost as difficult as DS1.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Kazenji
There's another one that's popped up on Steam

Pharaonic, Its set in Egypt with a combat system similar to DS. Did you mean its similar, in that you can roll..?

Because I don't see any similarities besides that after checking out the first 30 minutes of the game.

Kazenji
I haven't actually played the game itself

only notifying the game is similar to DS from the description.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Kazenji
I haven't actually played the game itself

only notifying the game is similar to DS from the description. I checked out some gameplay. They're lying.

Its a linear boring hack-n-slash, with a roll mechanic, thats the only similarity I found, whereas Salt and Sanctuary is a straight rip-off/homage to Dark Souls, and an excellent one at that.

Jmanghan
Dan Bull might do a rap on this game, so it'll get some exposure.

One of those likes is Dan Bull.

Jmanghan
No news on the vita version, but they said the PC Version should be out soon.

Jmanghan
I'm getting destroyed by the Forgotten Kings.

Jmanghan
So, the game is set to be released on PC very soon. Its already on steam if you wanna check it out.

Also, the results are in, and people put this above Dark Souls II, on Gamefaqs anyway.

Jmanghan
So, this is now officially out on PC!

Surtur
Yep earlier today I installed it off Steam.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Surtur
Yep earlier today I installed it off Steam.

How you likin it brotha?

Surtur
It is pretty decent so far. I haven't gotten very far in it, but my character has reached level 5. Since enemies respawn you can abuse that to level up really quickly.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Surtur
It is pretty decent so far. I haven't gotten very far in it, but my character has reached level 5. Since enemies respawn you can abuse that to level up really quickly. Well, the game is supposed to be a 2D take on Dark Souls, and its the best attempt on the Dark Souls formula I've seen besides Nioh.

Jmanghan
I'm not sure why no one is talking about this game.

It legitimately embarrasses every other Dark Souls clone out there, including Lords of the Fallen.

Probably better then DS 2 even.

Jmanghan
The vita version is getting released tomorrow.

So yeah.

Jmanghan
So, its officially on the PS Vita store, for $17.99

And it looks and plays exactly the same.

Jmanghan
Coming to the Nintendo Switch, enjoy switch owners.

OCwDnMa8arE

StyleTime
I purchased this recently during a sale. I'm having a pretty good time with it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.