Qui Gon Jinn vs. Darth Nyriss (Lightsabers only)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Duel takes place on neutral ground

S_W_LeGenD
Darth Nyriss

Syndicate
Jinn.

Tondemonai
Tbh not sure. Nyriss has some good speed and strength feats, however that was in a DS nexus. Leaning toward Nyriss, seeing as she has seemingly vaster reserves of energy to keep her going, but I'd assume Jinn would too in order to effectively use Ataru.

Syndicate
Originally posted by Tondemonai
Tbh not sure. Nyriss has some good speed and strength feats, however that was in a DS nexus. Leaning toward Nyriss, seeing as she has seemingly vaster reserves of energy to keep her going, but I'd assume Jinn would too in order to effectively use Ataru.

What showings of skill does she have that puts her anywhere near Jinn? Granted she does have impressive physical showings and I'm not doubting she's likely skilled in her chosen form given she's a Dark Council member but she was shown to rely heavily on the force in regards to combat.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Syndicate
What showings of skill does she have that puts her anywhere near Jinn? Granted she does have impressive physical showings and I'm not doubting she's likely skilled in her chosen form given she's a Dark Council member but she was shown to rely heavily on the force in regards to combat.
Her dueling skills were on par with those of Lord Scourge and Meetra Surik, if not better. She is extremely fast as well.

Syndicate
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Her dueling skills were on par with those of Lord Scourge and Meetra Surik, if not better. She is extremely fast as well.

Scourge had just begun training under a true Sith Master and Meetra was being hindered by a DS nexus while Nyriss was being amped. Not the best circumstances to determine superiority. Again I'm not doubting her impressive physicals but I don't see how she's beating Jinn in a duel on even ground.

S_W_LeGenD
Scourge had just begun training under a true Sith Master and Meetra was being hindered by a DS nexus while Nyriss was being amped. Not the best circumstances to determine superiority. Again I'm not doubting her impressive physicals but I don't see how she's beating Jinn in a duel on even ground.
Lord Scourge had completed his Sith training (and trials) meeting Darth Nyriss. He was renowned for his dueling skills in the Empire and dispatched to various battles by his superiors due to this reason.

Nothing implies that Darth Nyriss was amped during her confrontation with the duo of Lord Scourge and Meetra Surik.

Tondemonai

She is much more of a sorceress than a warrior, but that would also back up the argument of her having massive reserves of energy and speed augmentation in physical combat. Her fight with Meetra and Scourge was mainly won through her massive speed advantage. Idk if it would be as effective against Jinn, but she could easily bide her time until he wears himself out with the rapid exhaustion that comes with the use of Ataru; by which time she'd still have plenty of energy reserves to press an assault against an all-too depleted Qui-Gon. Not saying it's a definite win for Nyriss, I would be open to seeing some good arguments in Jinn's favor, but I'm with Nyriss on this one arm.

Emperordmb
Nyriss humiliating Meetra stands as solid IMO. Dromuund Kaas isn't going to weigh as heavily into the fight as having Scourge (a master duelist and also a dark sider) there as well.

Should be a well contested fight, but I'm leaning Nyriss.

Syndicate
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Lord Scourge had completed his Sith training (and trials) meeting Darth Nyriss. He was renowned for his dueling skills in the Empire and dispatched to various battles by his superiors due to this reason.

Nothing implies that Darth Nyriss was amped during her confrontation with the duo of Lord Scourge and Meetra Surik.

I understand but I'm saying that Scourge hadn't begun his training under a true Sith Lord up until that point.

Except the fact that theywere stated to be on a DS nexus.

Syndicate
Originally posted by Tondemonai
She is much more of a sorceress than a warrior, but that would also back up the argument of her having massive reserves of energy and speed augmentation in physical combat. Her fight with Meetra and Scourge was mainly won through her massive speed advantage. Idk if it would be as effective against Jinn, but she could easily bide her time until he wears himself out with the rapid exhaustion that comes with the use of Ataru; by which time she'd still have plenty of energy reserves to press an assault against an all-too depleted Qui-Gon. Not saying it's a definite win for Nyriss, I would be open to seeing some good arguments in Jinn's favor, but I'm with Nyriss on this one arm.

How would she bide her time though? By staying on the defensive? If she had the skill feats necessary to hold out against Jinn I'd agree with you but that just doesn't seem to be the case here. Jinn has been stated to be outright superior to a Anoon Bondara a battlemaster of the Order and was a peer of Mace Windu. He's also not lacking in the physical department nor in speed either. I just don't see Nyriss's stamina advantage alone allowing her to take the victory against a more skilled opponent like Jinn on even ground. Sure Maul was able to but I believe this was a combination of his youth, physical superior and perhaps even superior combat ability.

JKBart
Nyriss all the way.

She was overpowering Meetra Surik and Scourge. Meetra Surik and Scourge together are way superior to TPM Darth Maul all the way. Meetra and Scourge by that time were even superior to Imperial Guardsmen that were amped by Vitiate sitting on his throne room. These Imperial Guardsmen alone would probably stomp TPM Maul for good.

Syndicate
Originally posted by JKBart
Nyriss all the way.

She was overpowering Meetra Surik and Scourge. Meetra Surik and Scourge together are way superior to TPM Darth Maul all the way. Meetra and Scourge by that time were even superior to Imperial Guardsmen that were amped by Vitiate sitting on his throne room. These Imperial Guardsmen alone would probably stomp TPM Maul for good.

Meetra was weakened by a DS nexus while Nyriss was empowered by it. Scourge by the time of the Revan novel isn't overly impressive. She also beat them mostly through use of the Force and this is lightsabers only. Did you even read the OP?

JKBart
She was overpowering them in sabers too and Imperial Guardsmen were already so powerful thanks to Vitiate's amp Revan couldn't harm them with telekinesis, and Scourge and Meetra managed to defeat them. This duo is way above TPM Maul who would get stomped by Guardsmen so powerful.

Syndicate
She was overpowering them in sabers too and Imperial Guardsmen were already so powerful thanks to Vitiate's amp Revan couldn't harm them with telekinesis, and Scourge and Meetra managed to defeat them. This duo is way above TPM Maul who would get stomped by Guardsmen so powerful.

Yes she was but she quickly resorted back to using her force powers when interrupted. You also don't seem to be taking the nexus into account.

Quote for the guardsmen not being affected by Revan's TK?

JKBart
Even on the nexus, with amped Scourge and hindered Meetra, Scourge and Meetra defeated the Imperial Guardsmen. Can't provide an quote because my books are Polish, but basically Revan's Force Push only sent the Guardsmen stumbling and drove him back several feet but that was all.

Honestly I don't know how can people support Qui-Gon. These Imperial Guardsmen would obviously stomp Maul within few seconds, and Meetra and Scourge were still superior. And Nyriss was better than the two of them.

Nyriss probably stomps within few seconds. Half of these Imperial Guardsmen would destroy Qui-Gon so brutally he would regret being born kek.

Syndicate
Did Meetra or Scourge defeat these guardsmen with the force? If not I fail to see how it has any bearing on the combative abilities of the guardsmen. Also a contest between Scourge and Meetra was in doubt at the time meaning Scourge would have been Meetra's inferior by far on neutral ground.

JKBart
If Vitiate's indirect amp being created by Vitiate's lone presence allowed the Guards to defend against Revan's telekinesis, the Force amp obviously affected the reflexes and physical reactions, so this 4-man Guardsmen team would utterly stomp the likes of Dooku or Maul, who would in turn stomp Qui-Gon.

Syndicate
If Vitiate's indirect amp being created by Vitiate's lone presence allowed the Guards to defend against Revan's telekinesis, the Force amp obviously affected the reflexes and physical reactions, so this 4-man Guardsmen team would utterly stomp the likes of Dooku or Maul, who would in turn stomp Qui-Gon.

First off that conclusion would be in doubt even if we're sure the Emperor was amping their physicals. I mean Galen who was one of the most powerful telekinetics in the mythos had trouble with force defenses early on in the novel when he was already accomplishing such feats as throwing thousands of droids into the air. As it is what proof do you have of such?

Beniboybling
I agree with Bart, utter stomp for Nyriss. smile

Syndicate
Alright, I'm done here. I don't need to waste my time when Bart is clearly trolling. He's already stolen hours from my lifespan by getting me to right that Grievous opener.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Beniboybling
I agree with Bart, utter stomp for Nyriss. smile

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Going to roll with Nyriss tbhz. smile

AncientPower
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Nyriss humiliating Meetra stands as solid IMO. Dromuund Kaas isn't going to weigh as heavily into the fight as having Scourge (a master duelist and also a dark sider) there as well.

Should be a well contested fight, but I'm leaning Nyriss.

She did nothing of the sort, she forced the two to dodge her lightning before leaping between them and forcing the defensive, she couldn't break Surik's lightsaber defense but could overpower her physically. Surik literally stood her ground against her focused asssult whereas Scourge got floored by Nyriss in one strike.

Meetra five days beforehand had suffered on Nathema and after escaping spent several days without any sleep or sustenance besides the Force, then she immediately travelled to Dromund Kaas, a powerful dark side nexus that clouded her ability to meditate and achieve enlightenment.

She was far from at peak strength and she still outperformed Lord Scourge on a nexus the book states he can draw strength from, logically Nyriss can draw strength from the Dark Temple or the Citadel, it is stated Scourge could have drawn power 'emanating' from the citadel as far away as the academy on the outskirts of the city. Nyriss' compound is also on the outskirts of Kaas City.

Scourge made next to no contribution at all in that duel besides an ineffective Force push, Meetra carried them until Revan stomped Nyriss.

Put Meetra at peak strength and remove the nexus and Scourge, I am certain Meetra would have won the battle given the implications of the duel.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.