Sentinels vs Mindless Ones...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
10000 Sentinels from Days of Future Past take on 10000 Mindless Ones in a battle until one side is completely and utterly destroyed; no BFR allowed...

Fight takes place on a featureless, infinite, plane...

Who wins?

Stoic
Sentinels win easily. Soon as they figure out and adapt to the dummies it's game over.

ghostman
carver tells me sentinels are heralds.

Stoic
Originally posted by ghostman
carver tells me sentinels are heralds.

They aren't, but then again they're abilities don't need them to be. They just adapt to most powers, and shut things down. I've seen some pretty powerful Mindless Ones in comics, but power in this case won't be enough.

basilisk
Mindless Ones are highly inconsistent in their showings, so it's hard to say. I can't remember how easy it is to shield against their disintegrator beams, and not sure whether the Sentinels can adapt to that sort of magical energy. If the Sentinels can adapt the MOs are probably toast but otherwise they are going to be taking some serious damage.

If the armies simply open fire on each other at the outset, I can actually see the Mindless Ones having a good chance of winning because the Sentinels won't get time to adapt.

Horrificus
If the Sentinals cannot effect the magical properties of the Mindless Ones, (at their best showings), the MO's should win, a majority.

Unless there is evidence showing that, for some reason, Sentinals can counter a disintegration beam, shrug off class 100 berserkers, or easily wipe out MO's.

After all, Classic Mindless Ones were very durable and were never meant to be written as "fodder", which is what they have become.

Cough-shitbooks-cough

Surtur
The question then becomes: did the Sentinels ever adapt to magical attacks? Or just mutant powers?

Horrificus
Originally posted by Surtur
The question then becomes: did the Sentinels ever adapt to magical attacks? Or just mutant powers? right, besides Illyanna, or whatever her name is, what other notable mutants are "magical" by nature?

Then, we do a couple searches and Bang! We have our answer.

Because im drawing a blank over here.

Adam Grimes
The Mindless Ones are more akin to what you use to wipe your ass than to actually menacing foes.

So it's safe to assume the Sentinels eat them.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
The Mindless Ones are more akin to what you use to wipe your ass than to actually menacing foes.

So it's safe to assume the Sentinels eat them. Well, it's logical u would think that, since the Mindless Ones have existed in books for 33 years before u were even a blob of fertilized tissue capable of fitting in a petri dish.

But, for now i'm going to veer away from your extensive comic book experience and articulate delivery.

But, thank you for your imput.

Sin I AM
Youd have to pick a specific eras mindless ones.

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by Horrificus
Well, it's logical u would think that, since the Mindless Ones have existed in books for 33 years before u were even a blob of fertilized tissue capable of fitting in a petri dish.

But, for now i'm going to veer away from your extensive comic book experience and articulate delivery.

But, thank you for your imput. Quit being so emotional.

carver9
Mindless Ones win.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by carver9
Mindless Ones win.

Y? Im always curious about answers that are so resolute

Horrificus
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Quit being so emotional. Mindless Ones have feelings too. Or, "feeling", or something.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.